Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 29, 2021 10:43 AM
Aug 2020
Is this gonna take a year again to finish?
Jun 29, 2021 10:50 AM
Sep 2015
Yes as it is an OVA again but therefore better production and more time and no overworking for the staff and a finished adaption :)
Jun 29, 2021 12:57 PM

Nov 2014
yeah this will probably take an year or an year and half to finish.
Jun 30, 2021 12:35 AM
Jan 2016
KuroMimi22 said:

As I wrote in another topic, imho no, because there is only the final volume left to adapt. Imho the final season will have only 3-4 episodes
Jun 30, 2021 8:11 PM
Dec 2020
why are the episodes of this anime take a long time to release, and why are there so many seasons? I believe the light novel is not successful in Japan! if anyone knows how to answer my questions, i will be grateful
Jun 30, 2021 9:11 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
The fans are really faithful, the BD of the anime always makes to 8~10k in the end and that justifies to always get more seasons.
Jun 30, 2021 9:45 PM

Oct 2017
It's once again OVA format so it'll take another year.
Jul 1, 2021 4:16 AM

Aug 2018
DimasDavid_ said:
why are there so many seasons?
This answer to this question is really weird. The answer is, because people enjoy it, and it sells well. Strange how some of these companies actually try to please their customers.

DimasDavid_ said:
why are the episodes of this anime take a long time to release, and why are there so many seasons? I believe the light novel is not successful in Japan! if anyone knows how to answer my questions, i will be grateful
All anime take a long time to produce. The BDs sell well.

KuroMimi22 said:
What do you think?
Jul 1, 2021 4:27 AM
Jun 2015
if the pace is 2 episode in one BD volume and we will have 3-4 episode for last arc then it might be 1 year or more depend on their production environment in this situation

but i'm pretty sure it will not released in this year because the announcement is just started recently

weirdly i don't have enough confiedence that they will release the last arc in one time
Jul 1, 2021 6:03 AM

Jan 2015
Final part 2
hopefully not kidding like aot

Jul 1, 2021 7:08 AM

Jul 2014
The"no senpai, this is our fight" is still going strong huh, btw I just checked out the latest one and damn... you can really tell Taneda Risa is not in a good place voice acting wise, her tone was all over the place, her lung problems are still there... sad really, she was one of my favorite seiyuu back in her prime.
Jul 1, 2021 7:26 AM
Aug 2018
What will happen this season: will Kojou save Avrora, return to being a vampire, have control of his kaijuu relatives, gain control of the island and marry his 12 or 13 wives?
Jul 1, 2021 9:53 AM

Apr 2017
I just wanna see the harem ending.
Jul 3, 2021 5:26 AM
Jun 2015
Tachi27 said:
What will happen this season: will Kojou save Avrora, return to being a vampire, have control of his kaijuu relatives, gain control of the island and marry his 12 or 13 wives?

if you mean for "12 beast familiar & blood servants" arc

1. koujou lost his 12 beast familiar and vampire element because he return all of them to avrora (clone)

2. but based on 2nd primogenitor, koujou just lost beast familiar and his vampire element but he is still "not normal human". the prove is his wound after being stabbed right into his middle chest healed as usual despite he is no longer vampire

3. after make a deal with 2nd primogenitor, he received 12 beast familiar from the blood and forced to find a way to control all of them at once in half day

4. now remember how many people that he have bite in the past, now most of them become his official blood servants and nagisa included to it

the last arc will be the continuation of "reunion with vampire princess" arc because "12 beast familiar & blood servants" arc is just preparation before koujou challenge Nod. now the last arc will have connection to his first meeting to avrora (real), recommended to read ln vol 8 moreover his challenge to Nod is fateful and carved into his cursed blood, remember how he see 3rd primogenitor memories when she try to seal him for a half day from STB IV episode 12

basically now you will not see any new plot twist again and all problem will get resolved in STB Finale
Jul 3, 2021 4:55 PM
Aug 2018
Rizki_Diablo said:
Tachi27 said:

if you mean for "12 beast familiar & blood servants" arc

1. koujou lost his 12 beast familiar and vampire element because he return all of them to avrora (clone)

2. but based on 2nd primogenitor, koujou just lost beast familiar and his vampire element but he is still "not normal human". the prove is his wound after being stabbed right into his middle chest healed as usual despite he is no longer vampire

3. after make a deal with 2nd primogenitor, he received 12 beast familiar from the blood and forced to find a way to control all of them at once in half day

4. now remember how many people that he have bite in the past, now most of them become his official blood servants and nagisa included to it

the last arc will be the continuation of "reunion with vampire princess" arc because "12 beast familiar & blood servants" arc is just preparation before koujou challenge Nod. now the last arc will have connection to his first meeting to avrora (real), recommended to read ln vol 8 moreover his challenge to Nod is fateful and carved into his cursed blood, remember how he see 3rd primogenitor memories when she try to seal him for a half day from STB IV episode 12

basically now you will not see any new plot twist again and all problem will get resolved in STB Finale
Now remember how many people you have bitten in the past, now most of them become your official blood servants and Nagisa is included. But Nagisa is his younger sister not that I remember kojou has not bitten her to smear her blood because she is not his blood partner right? According to strike the blood wiki, Nagisa is still Kojou's sister, not a lover / wife like Yukina, asagi, Yuiri, Glenda, sayaka, kiriha, yume, astarte, kanon, la folia, avora and yuuma
Jul 5, 2021 3:51 AM
Aug 2018
I have a question about Glenda betraying Kojou. Are you going to fight for Avrora's rescue in the nod or something like that?
Jul 5, 2021 10:49 PM

Dec 2015
Tachi27 said:
I have a question about Glenda betraying Kojou. Are you going to fight for Avrora's rescue in the nod or something like that?

watch the after credits scene in ep12 of STB IV. that will explain it. if you misunderstand...

just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jul 5, 2021 11:17 PM

Dec 2015
how long? i expect an initial schedule of the BR/DVD releases in about 6-9 months. so either Winter 2021 or Spring 2022. i'm betting Connect finished work on STB IV, gave their teams some down-time, then leapt right back into putting V together.

Connect has done/is doing: 'Slow Loop' JAN 2022, 'Honor Student at Magic High School'/the side-story manga of 'Irregular at MHS' right now, 'Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo' OCT 2019, and 'Senryuu Shoujo' APR 2019.

so Connect has been a bit busy in the past 3-4 years including putting STB episodes together. five titles including (STB) in three-ish years IS KINDA BUSY for a studio right? including last year with all the covid crap happening. even if only THREE or maybe FOUR ('Slow Loop' hasn't announced just yet what's up with it) of those titles are TV series; that's alot of work when you add on STB episodes that were being made in the same time period.

i bet the STB V teams are on break right now for the early Summer vacation season and they'll be chained to their workstations like oarsmen on a slave ship very soon.

and as always guys, remember they're JUST OVAs! that means as long as the production committee doesn't care, Connect can take as LONG as they want to finish STB V. it's not like there's contracts with TV and satellite and streaming services giving Connect a hard and punishable by fines etc. deadline to meet.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jul 6, 2021 3:50 AM
Aug 2018
KiliianSleipnir said:
Tachi27 said:

watch the after credits scene in ep12 of STB IV. that will explain it. if you misunderstand...

a ok gracias por aclararlo
Jul 6, 2021 1:54 PM

Dec 2015
Tachi27 said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

¡No hay problema, me alegro de poder ayudar! :D
Jul 6, 2021 2:42 PM
Aug 2018
KiliianSleipnir said:
Tachi27 said:

One more thing I have a doubt regarding that if Glenda and Astarte become blood couples and then Kojou's wives at the end of Season 5, it has also been debated if Kojou had more children with his 10 remaining wives, what do you think?
Jul 6, 2021 4:24 PM

Dec 2015
Tachi27 said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

One more thing I have a doubt regarding that if Glenda and Astarte become blood couples and then Kojou's wives at the end of Season 5, it has also been debated if Kojou had more children with his 10 remaining wives, what do you think?

so far we've seen ONLY Kojou and Himeragi's child when she lept back through time to kill the mutant dragon monster. when she went back to her own time she meets up with somebody who COULD be Asagi's daughter. this ALL depends on whom is fansubbing the episodes. i've seen work by 3 different groups on the episodes of that story arc fanslating the lines where that final scene has different subs.

Witch of the Void Natsuki (depending on who's fansubbing it) in S4 ep12 during the 'Kojou Harem Meeting' said Astarte could NOT become a 'Blood Wife' of Kojou's because Astarte already HAS a familiar she's feeding with her own life-force. to ME that ALSO means Natsuki AND Yuuma can NOT do it since they BOTH have witch's familiars.

seriously, the 22nd and final light novel volume came out in Japan last year. the English vol19 doesn't come out till September 21, 2021. the older volumes are becoming harder and harder to find as the years go by. i know RightStuffanime dot com states vol 4 and 3 are out of print and their stocks of volumes 1-10 are spotty at best. so my best suggestion, BUY THEM NOW SOMEWHERE! or download em off Amazon through their Kindle store.

here's an example of why you need to read the books. Amazon's synopsis of volume18 "There’s a celebration to be had in the kingdom of Aldegia, and Princess La Folia invites Kojou to join in the festivities. Reluctantly accompanied by Kanon, he travels to the royal palace for the signing of a peace treaty between Aldegia and the Warlord’s Empire. Not all are in favor of the agreement, and many hold their breath in anticipation of violent opposition. Unfortunately, these fears are realized when a large-scale terrorist plot brings a deadly monster to the heart of the nation, and as luck would have it, Kojou gets caught up in the chaos!" ok, sound familiar? episode 1 of season 4. Kojo and his buddies are in an airport... leaving Aldegia to return home to Itogami Island. the anime CUT OUT THE ENTIRE VOLUME 18 BOOK! EVERYTHING! THE WHOLE BOOK! this is an ONA series my friend. Connect can NOT tell you everything in the anime. they just do NOT have enough episodes to do it.

if you want all your questions answered, read the books. because the anime is just not capable of doing it.
Jul 6, 2021 4:32 PM
Aug 2018
KiliianSleipnir said:
Tachi27 said:

so far we've seen ONLY Kojou and Himeragi's child when she lept back through time to kill the mutant dragon monster. when she went back to her own time she meets up with somebody who COULD be Asagi's daughter. this ALL depends on whom is fansubbing the episodes. i've seen work by 3 different groups on the episodes of that story arc fanslating the lines where that final scene has different subs.

Witch of the Void Natsuki (depending on who's fansubbing it) in S4 ep12 during the 'Kojou Harem Meeting' said Astarte could NOT become a 'Blood Wife' of Kojou's because Astarte already HAS a familiar she's feeding with her own life-force. to ME that ALSO means Natsuki AND Yuuma can NOT do it since they BOTH have witch's familiars.

seriously, the 22nd and final light novel volume came out in Japan last year. the English vol19 doesn't come out till September 21, 2021. the older volumes are becoming harder and harder to find as the years go by. i know RightStuffanime dot com states vol 4 and 3 are out of print and their stocks of volumes 1-10 are spotty at best. so my best suggestion, BUY THEM NOW SOMEWHERE! or download em off Amazon through their Kindle store.

here's an example of why you need to read the books. Amazon's synopsis of volume18 "There’s a celebration to be had in the kingdom of Aldegia, and Princess La Folia invites Kojou to join in the festivities. Reluctantly accompanied by Kanon, he travels to the royal palace for the signing of a peace treaty between Aldegia and the Warlord’s Empire. Not all are in favor of the agreement, and many hold their breath in anticipation of violent opposition. Unfortunately, these fears are realized when a large-scale terrorist plot brings a deadly monster to the heart of the nation, and as luck would have it, Kojou gets caught up in the chaos!" ok, sound familiar? episode 1 of season 4. Kojo and his buddies are in an airport... leaving Aldegia to return home to Itogami Island. the anime CUT OUT THE ENTIRE VOLUME 18 BOOK! EVERYTHING! THE WHOLE BOOK! this is an ONA series my friend. Connect can NOT tell you everything in the anime. they just do NOT have enough episodes to do it.

if you want all your questions answered, read the books. because the anime is just not capable of doing it.
What about Glenda?, Although I think that Astarte could be one of kojou's blood wives since kojou bites Astarte and puts Astarte's kenjuu under control. We will see at the end of season 5 to see if kojou appear with his 12 or 13 wives after or before the final credits.
Tachi27Jul 6, 2021 4:44 PM
Jul 8, 2021 1:07 PM
Oct 2016
I haven't been reading the light novels but since this is called Strike the Blood Final, does this mean that by the end of this "season", the story would have officially ended?

Are the light novels finished?
Jul 8, 2021 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
KojouAndYukina said:
I haven't been reading the light novels but since this is called Strike the Blood Final, does this mean that by the end of this "season", the story would have officially ended?

Are the light novels finished?

yes, the light novels finished with volume 22 in Japan August 7, 2020. this final season will \allegedly/ ONLY adapt that 22nd novel.
Jul 18, 2021 8:17 PM
Jan 2021
Shootouts said:
KuroMimi22 said:

As I wrote in another topic, imho no, because there is only the final volume left to adapt. Imho the final season will have only 3-4 episodes

I don't think so.It's an OVA,Means they can also make Original Episodes after the end of the LN.
Winning arguement with an Intelligent Person is Hard.
But argument with Dumb Person is impossible.
Aug 17, 2021 6:01 PM

Apr 2018
Guys, I have one question though, is Kojou gonna marry all the blood servants, including La Folia, Kisaki Kiriha, etc...? (except astarte and glenda because Natsuki said they can't become brides for Kojou).. On the wiki page it seems
but I can't find anywhere the LN 22 summary. Also, is this season gonna adapt what I said?
Aug 17, 2021 8:19 PM

Dec 2015
DonRazvan2K03 said:
Guys, I have one question though, is Kojou gonna marry all the blood servants, including La Folia, Kisaki Kiriha, etc...? (except astarte and glenda because Natsuki said they can't become brides for Kojou).. On the wiki page it seems
but I can't find anywhere the LN 22 summary. Also, is this season gonna adapt what I said?

we don't know what it is really going to do till it is done. unlike TV or streaming anime this is still a disk-only franchise for quite some time now. so you HAVE to get the disk in a storefront or online retailer. i seriously doubt the studio's going to release even the 1st episode early. they haven't ever previously.

or you can wait till somebody buys the disk(s), cracks them, and either fansubs the files themselves or uploads the raws for somebody else to do the work.

another huge problem is... there are SERIOUS cuts to the light novels when it comes to this OVA disk-only franchise. for example, the trip to La Folia's homeland with Kojou and his gang, right before 'The Blood' takes over The Island. is ENTIRELY skipped in Episode 1 of Season 4. Kojou and his gang are standing in an airport about to fly HOME to The Island after the visit and a few lines of dialogue in S4 Ep1 Scene 1 are ALL that entire story-arc gets. from what i've found online, the studio hacked out ALL of LN Volume 18's content. a whole book.

they just don't have the disk space, budget, or whatever to cover the whole series of books and everything in them.
Aug 18, 2021 6:06 AM

Apr 2018
KiliianSleipnir said:
DonRazvan2K03 said:

we don't know what it is really going to do till it is done. unlike TV or streaming anime this is still a disk-only franchise for quite some time now. so you HAVE to get the disk in a storefront or online retailer. i seriously doubt the studio's going to release even the 1st episode early. they haven't ever previously.

or you can wait till somebody buys the disk(s), cracks them, and either fansubs the files themselves or uploads the raws for somebody else to do the work.

another huge problem is... there are SERIOUS cuts to the light novels when it comes to this OVA disk-only franchise. for example, the trip to La Folia's homeland with Kojou and his gang, right before 'The Blood' takes over The Island. is ENTIRELY skipped in Episode 1 of Season 4. Kojou and his gang are standing in an airport about to fly HOME to The Island after the visit and a few lines of dialogue in S4 Ep1 Scene 1 are ALL that entire story-arc gets. from what i've found online, the studio hacked out ALL of LN Volume 18's content. a whole book.

they just don't have the disk space, budget, or whatever to cover the whole series of books and everything in them.

I see, thx for the answer, I thought that they skipped the LN 18 because that light novel was based on Strike the Blood: Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA from 2015. I also saw that this final season is gonna be produced with Warner Bros Japan, unlike the previous two seasons so I think the anime is having a better production?? Anyways, all I want to know is the ln22 ending, is that guy really married to 12 girls?

A magazine in Japan released a poster for its magazine cover for September 2021 which features Yukina in a wedding dress. Along with this they had an interview with the director of the series and he said that the final season is gonna adapt the final volume and also some original stories after the events of the ln, which I assume it's after Mr. Fourth Progenitor marries his harem. Honestly that's what I hope for, since I fell in love with this anime when I watched the first season.
Aug 18, 2021 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
DonRazvan2K03 said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

I see, thx for the answer, I thought that they skipped the LN 18 because that light novel was based on Strike the Blood: Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA from 2015. I also saw that this final season is gonna be produced with Warner Bros Japan, unlike the previous two seasons so I think the anime is having a better production?? Anyways, all I want to know is the ln22 ending, is that guy really married to 12 girls?

A magazine in Japan released a poster for its magazine cover for September 2021 which features Yukina in a wedding dress. Along with this they had an interview with the director of the series and he said that the final season is gonna adapt the final volume and also some original stories after the events of the ln, which I assume it's after Mr. Fourth Progenitor marries his harem. Honestly that's what I hope for, since I fell in love with this anime when I watched the first season.

if i remember right there's either one or two 'gaiden/side-story' volumes in the franchise. so maybe they're what the studio's doing along with book22.

unless somebody in 'the studio' is going to slap an 18+ age rating on this season, he CAN'T marry Yukina. she's too young to be legally depicted doing that in ANY form of media in Japan without an age restriction on the package or before/after the broadcast. 16 for girls is the legal age for marriage and the 'Children's Decency and Protection Act' in Japan prohibits depictions of marriage and other 'adult activities' by persons under the legal age for said activities.

that's why the old 'meme' in anime 'It is just JUICE!' came about for drinking sake, beer, liquor, and wine. you'll see obvious signs of an adult in a group party having an adult beverage but ALL the underaged persons in the group have a DIFFERENT COLORED beverage in their glasses.
Aug 18, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
KiliianSleipnir said:
DonRazvan2K03 said:

if i remember right there's either one or two 'gaiden/side-story' volumes in the franchise. so maybe they're what the studio's doing along with book22.

unless somebody in 'the studio' is going to slap an 18+ age rating on this season, he CAN'T marry Yukina. she's too young to be legally depicted doing that in ANY form of media in Japan without an age restriction on the package or before/after the broadcast. 16 for girls is the legal age for marriage and the 'Children's Decency and Protection Act' in Japan prohibits depictions of marriage and other 'adult activities' by persons under the legal age for said activities.

that's why the old 'meme' in anime 'It is just JUICE!' came about for drinking sake, beer, liquor, and wine. you'll see obvious signs of an adult in a group party having an adult beverage but ALL the underaged persons in the group have a DIFFERENT COLORED beverage in their glasses.

Then probably that's what they are gonna do, they will put 18+ rating since the wiki shows that
. Also everyone on reddit says that
but nobody gives me the exact details, because the summary it's "too long" .....

Here is Yukina in that dress, retweeted by the official Strike The Blood twitter page: https://twitter.com/mikumo/status/1421747114695036933/photo/1

Anyways, we shall wait and see what this final season brings, even though we gotta wait a year or two for it...
Aug 18, 2021 7:27 PM

Dec 2015
DonRazvan2K03 said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

Then probably that's what they are gonna do, they will put 18+ rating since the wiki shows that
. Also everyone on reddit says that
but nobody gives me the exact details, because the summary it's "too long" .....

Here is Yukina in that dress, retweeted by the official Strike The Blood twitter page: https://twitter.com/mikumo/status/1421747114695036933/photo/1

Anyways, we shall wait and see what this final season brings, even though we gotta wait a year or two for it...

as to the magazine cover... yeahhh i wouldn't put too much stock into that. promotional materials like that are OFTEN just fluff/puff/getting stuff hyped up... u know... advertising! :>

did you know a custom jewelry designer in Japan was commissioned to create a 'limited edition' engagement ring? for 'SAO: Ordinal Scale'... it was a 'functional/REAL engagement ring with a CZ jewel' copy/replica of the one Kirito gave Asuna in the movie. damn things sold out in less than three WEEKS. this was MONTHS before the movie's premier date. if i remember my readings correctly there was an original production run of only 1,000 rings first ordered.

after they sold out, the designer requested a further 'license to produce another 1,000 rings'... which they got... unfortunately this lot of 1,000 never sold out. the RUMOR, just a RUMOR! was the 'serial numbers' were incorrectly engraved inside the rings of the second lot. they started at 500 and went to 1,500... you can see the problem right? both the 1st and 2nd lots of rings were EXACTLY the same... but the 1st lot was numbered 1-1000... ;) the 2nd lot was numbered INSIDE that 500-1,000 and went to 1,500. :>

seriously, heh! the old stereotype that Japanese otaku all have thick glasses, bad complexions, don't bathe regularly, don't dress well, never date 3D girls, and never get married... and some knucklehead wants to create and sell an anime movie engagement ring replica? :D hahahha! well somebodies bought all of the first 1,000. :D

they even got ahhh... i THINK it was 3 different Tokyo restaurants to recreate dishes 'featured' in the movie. :> food of all things! :> i saw a vid by one otaku news etc. YouTuber who got to visit 2 of the 3 places before the promotions ran out, and tried the 'SAO:OS' dishes there. he said something to the effect of, 'yeah. it wasn't worth my time, the lines, and the prices. those dishes were barely edible and didn't even really look like the ones in the movie'.

that's just two 'peculiar' examples of 'merchandising' i can think of off the top of my head.

there was even one ahh... i hesitate to call it a scandal about 'SAO: Ordinal Scale'... it was about the foreign release movie formats... heh... they were edited/censored. well, some folks i know from the Philippines said this. u remember the scene where Asuna hops outta the bath in the movie? butt nekkid? :> welll... the Filipino version... IN THEATERS... got that scene, but it was edited/censored! :D heh!

heh! :D yeah... so like i said, i wouldn't count on that 'magazine cover' being anything close to what will come out in the DVD/BR disks. :D
May 17, 2022 11:37 PM

Jun 2021
Man this show is good. I hope it gets more OVA
May 21, 2022 11:32 AM

Apr 2011
KiliianSleipnir said:

While I agree this series does not give enough episodes to properly adapt the LNs (I'm only up to Volume 7 and have seen just S1 so far), it's worth noting the reason why Volume 18 wasn't adapted, it's because Volume 18 adapts the 2015 Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA. In other words, the anime for that came first. Similarly Episodes 23-24 were adapted into Volume 17. Gakuto Mikumo took what was anime-original content and expanded upon it in two volumes. The volumes that were skipped were 7, 8, and most of 10. What each season covers:

S1: Volumes 1-6
S2: Volumes 9, 11-12
S3: Volumes 13-15
S4: Volumes 16, 19-21
S5: Volume 22
BigOnAnimeMay 21, 2022 11:35 AM
May 21, 2022 1:37 PM

Dec 2015
BigOnAnime said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

While I agree this series does not give enough episodes to properly adapt the LNs (I'm only up to Volume 7 and have seen just S1 so far), it's worth noting the reason why Volume 18 wasn't adapted, it's because Volume 18 adapts the 2015 Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA. In other words, the anime for that came first. Similarly Episodes 23-24 were adapted into Volume 17. Gakuto Mikumo took what was anime-original content and expanded upon it in two volumes. The volumes that were skipped were 7, 8, and most of 10. What each season covers:

S1: Volumes 1-6
S2: Volumes 9, 11-12
S3: Volumes 13-15
S4: Volumes 16, 19-21
S5: Volume 22

ok, when you're done reading vol 18 please come back and talk about this. because by my reading of the synopsis for 18 you're wrong.

are you using the English or Japanese release dates for the light novels? because if you're using the English ones... you're going to be entirely wrong.

go back and look and compare the Japanese books' dates with the dates for the DISKS, each disk should have release dates. many of the commercials placed here on MAL for the 'seasons' list when each disk is predicted to release. but several of the disks have had major release delays previously. you'll have to check the forum posts in each season for each disk to find where folks did the research back then and found the new release dates for the disks after the delays.

i'll bet that book 18 came out quite a while before the Valkyria anime original piece.

but of course if you've got book quotes from your copy... scan the book pages and place the images on something like Goggle Photos. then, using the BBCode hints for forum posts here on MAL, you can place links to the images in your responses and exactly show in the novel vol 18 where it depicts the events in the Valkyria anime.
May 21, 2022 3:28 PM

Apr 2011
KiliianSleipnir said:
ok, when you're done reading vol 18 please come back and talk about this. because by my reading of the synopsis for 18 you're wrong.

are you using the English or Japanese release dates for the light novels? because if you're using the English ones... you're going to be entirely wrong.

go back and look and compare the Japanese books' dates with the dates for the DISKS, each disk should have release dates. many of the commercials placed here on MAL for the 'seasons' list when each disk is predicted to release. but several of the disks have had major release delays previously. you'll have to check the forum posts in each season for each disk to find where folks did the research back then and found the new release dates for the disks after the delays.

i'll bet that book 18 came out quite a while before the Valkyria anime original piece.

but of course if you've got book quotes from your copy... scan the book pages and place the images on something like Goggle Photos. then, using the BBCode hints for forum posts here on MAL, you can place links to the images in your responses and exactly show in the novel vol 18 where it depicts the events in the Valkyria anime.
The dates listed here on MAL for the Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA indicate Volume 1 and Volume 2.
http://www.strike-the-blood.com/first/#/bluray
http://www.strike-the-blood.com/first/imgs/bluray/dvd_ova01.jpg
http://www.strike-the-blood.com/first/imgs/bluray/dvd_ova02.jpg

Volume 18 of the light novel was released November 11, 2017 in Japan. The official English translation of that volume title is "Kingdom of the Valkyries -The True Story-" which matches closely with the Google Translation of the title.
https://dengekibunko.jp/product/stb/321707000160.html
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1975332660
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Fp6oaY7PL.jpg

Where I got the info that Volume 18 is an adaptation of the Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA is via the Wikia.
This volume was based on the two episode OVA, Strike the Blood: Kingdom of the Valkyria.
https://strike-the-blood.fandom.com/wiki/Light_Novel_Volume_18

I don't have Volume 18 yet in my hands, just the first 16, but I've got it on order from RightStuf. I imagine the Afterward will have Gakuto Mikumo talking about how he expanded the 2015 OVA into Volume 18.
May 22, 2022 7:51 AM

Dec 2015
BigOnAnime said:
KiliianSleipnir said:

The dates listed here on MAL for the Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA indicate Volume 1 and Volume 2.
http://www.strike-the-blood.com/first/#/bluray
http://www.strike-the-blood.com/first/imgs/bluray/dvd_ova01.jpg
http://www.strike-the-blood.com/first/imgs/bluray/dvd_ova02.jpg

Volume 18 of the light novel was released November 11, 2017 in Japan. The official English translation of that volume title is "Kingdom of the Valkyries -The True Story-" which matches closely with the Google Translation of the title.
https://dengekibunko.jp/product/stb/321707000160.html
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1975332660
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81Fp6oaY7PL.jpg

Where I got the info that Volume 18 is an adaptation of the Kingdom of the Valkyria OVA is via the Wikia.
This volume was based on the two episode OVA, Strike the Blood: Kingdom of the Valkyria.
https://strike-the-blood.fandom.com/wiki/Light_Novel_Volume_18

I don't have Volume 18 yet in my hands, just the first 16, but I've got it on order from RightStuf. I imagine the Afterward will have Gakuto Mikumo talking about how he expanded the 2015 OVA into Volume 18.

ok so Disk1 came out November 25, 2015... reading... reading... and the 18th volume came out 2 years later ... minus a few days...

ok... ok... thanks! well damn, i had it entirely backwards. i appreciate your research! :>

that's one of the problems with animotvslashz fansubbing of ep1 of S4... and their other work on STB... with work that atrocious, i'm surprised anybody can keep track of anything. there's been probably hundreds of times i've paused one of their files while i was streaming it, and seriously SERIOUSLY considering never watching STB ever again. since animo's fansubs are the only files i've been reliably able to find of STB since it went all OVA disks... i've met and spoken with five year old CHILDREN who are more intelligible than those anime fansubs. :/

animotvslashz's work did improve by the time they got to S1 and S2 of 'Komi-san'... so when i watched animo's files of eps 1&2 of STB Final... they were for the most part understandable. poorly written but ... heh :/ i get the gist with almost all the lines animo wrote.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike the Blood Final Episode 4 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 14, 2022

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 6, 8:59 PM

» Age ofYukina, Asagi, yuri, shio, yume, glenda, Kasugaya, kanon, sayaka, la folia, astarte and yuma

Tachi27 - Mar 20

0 by Tachi27 »»
Mar 20, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Final Episode 2 Discussion

Roch2001 - Apr 29, 2022

20 by EinTheVariance »»
Mar 4, 12:19 PM

» Where to watch?

Bernardino_2000 - Jul 2, 2023

3 by Chanki_33 »»
Jul 2, 2023 11:22 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Final Episode 3 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 14, 2022

5 by Gator »»
Apr 27, 2023 8:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.