Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 30, 2021 7:20 PM
Apr 2016
8/10 not masterpiece
Jun 30, 2021 9:48 PM

Jan 2019
I don't know if this is truly a 10/10 for me. Yet as I sit here with the tears drying, I truly can't think of anything wrong with this season. I've never seen an piece of media, animated or otherwise, cram such much depth and drama into each episode without feeling rushed or overly contrived. Fruits Basket is just... different.
Jul 1, 2021 8:54 AM
Jul 2019
Im lonely..i cant move on.. I want to see tohru and kyo wedding and became adult their daily lives when they married 😢
Jul 1, 2021 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
At the end of this last season, I have 1 thing to say to the anime-onlies. Last season was VERY rushed and lots of content was skipped or cut out, so PLEASE GO READ THE MANGA PARTS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ADAPTED in this last season (read chapters 90-93 and 96-136). So many little things were skipped or cut out (and even some full chapters), Kyou-Tooru moments, Yuki-Machi moments, Haru-Rin moments etc, and other important stuff, like backstories of Tooru's parents, Ayame, Kakeru, even Tooru... Not to mention the constant re-arranging of chapters and even stuff inside of various chapters being put together, so it felt unnatural in the anime. Lots of episodes adapted too many chapters (when compared to seasons 1 and 2). IF YOU REALLY LIKE FRUITS BASKET, PLEASE GO READ THOSE MANGA CHAPTERS. Seasons 1 and 2 were ok, nothing too major was skipped or changed too much. But season 3 was a hot mess. And it's a shame, because THE MANGA IS REALLY GREAT.
SailorVekiJul 1, 2021 11:56 AM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jul 1, 2021 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
This remake is an easy 10/10 adaptation! I am glad to be alive to watch this adaptation. I had a friend who watched the first one but he passed away two years ago and never got to see this one.

I love how they wrapped everything up. I would've wanted to see the "farewell party" but I'm not even sure they showed that in the manga. I might even read the manga someday from beginning to end.

I'm glad they showed Kyohru's granddaughter at the end and their wedding pictures and everything.
臭い-
Jul 1, 2021 10:47 AM

Oct 2011
UGHHHH why is he so DAMN PRETTY??!!

on another note, I cried like a baby..
LuxtressJul 1, 2021 10:51 AM
Jul 1, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
A timeless classic
Jul 1, 2021 1:01 PM

Sep 2020
Ok, I'm a bit late, but...
Wow, we have reached the end.

Can imagine why people gave it a lot of 9's.
It was a beautiful journey, my friends.

One of those anime that will leave good memories.
Jul 1, 2021 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
Finally it's over. It only deserves a 7 at most, not a 9 like seasons 1 and 2 (or 10 like manga). I don't know what to call this last season. It's a failure. It's not a complete failure, but it could have been so much better if they had just adapted the FULL story. Because we were promissed the FULL adaptation. But this is NOT it. The last season should have had 22 episodes, not 13. If they HAD to have 63 episodes totaly, they could have made changes in seasons 1 and 2, there was less important stuff that could have been skipped, like Prince Yuki Fanclub stuff and those 3 yankee girls who stalk Arisa and end up liking her and so on. They could have made more episodes that adapted 2.5 or 3 chapters in seasons 1 and 2. But NOOO, they even included some anime original scenes instead (when they adapted only 1 chapter in an episode), so they can fill those 25 episodes.

I'm very angry. Sure, the stuff they DID adapt looked great and sounded great, but what about the stuff they DIDN'T adapt? What about Katsuya-Kyouko backstory? Oh, what a bad relationship, let's not show that, but let's show Kureno-Arisa (which is similar), and how Saki likes Kazuma (which is similar) and let's even show Shigure kid being in love with a lot smaller Akito kid (not to mention the crazy toxic relationship they have when they are older). Oh, that's all perfectly fine.

Oh, we don't need that 1 chapter about Ayame's backstory and with some cute Kyou-Tooru moments (and some Ayame-Mine). Oh, we also don't need those 2 chapters with Kakeru-Komaki that have some cute Yuki-Machi moments and some important pieces of Tooru's backstory. Oh, also, let's skip Arisa and Saki being angry with Kyou who "rejected" Tooru (because that's what Tooru thought) and not allowing him to visit Tooru in the hospital until she is released from the hospital. Because it's so not like them to let it slide that Kyou made Tooru cry.

Not to mention how differently Yuki acts now (in a lot of scenes) towards Kyou after they had that last fist-fight and came to a mutual understanding. Nah, totally not important, who wants them to finally become friends. (Also, if you thought Yuki-Machi happened too fast, guess what? They cut out some of their cute moments.)

No, let's cut all that and instead let's show a lot of stupid Motoko-senpai and let's make a longer school graduation scene than in the manga because that is really relevant to the plot. And let's rearange and cut out a lot. Because anime-onlies will never know what they are missing, and manga readers should be happy they are getting ANYTHING. Well guess what, I'm not. They butchered the manga, which IS A MASTERPIECE, a 10. This season is hardly a 7. I'm not happy with it at all.

Jul 1, 2021 2:19 PM
Jul 2019
Am i the only who would like to have flashbacks after they moved out together? 😢
Jul 1, 2021 5:07 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Interesting that they jumped two generations instead of the usual one. I guess that means we won't see the child story animated. Somehow they captured the same energy of the ending as the 2001 version. Even though that was a nice touch, I think it would have been okay to close on the last episode rather then this weird too closed closure episode. I guess we had to put down the YukixTohru shippers once in for all.

Also am I emotional that grandma tohru has her mom's hair and grandpa kyo is basically Shisho now? a little
Jul 2, 2021 5:04 AM
Jun 2017
masterpiece. <3 this final season was wild, intense and full of emotions, but I loved every moment of it. I love how everything went back full circle by the end. I'm going to miss these characters so, so much! :(
Jul 2, 2021 12:15 PM

Oct 2011
It was really sweet to see Yuki and Tohru interact during the last minutes even if they ultimately didn't end up together. Really puts into perspective how important their relationship is in the series even if it's in a "motherly" way. All in all, it seems everyone is happy now, even though I still feel bad for Momiji and Kagura in some ways.

Definitely did not expect this to be my top shoujo, but here we are. When I first saw this I thought it'd be a decent shoujo to pass the time but might ultimately feel outdated due to it being a remake of an older manga. It's crazy to see how much depth and thought is put in here, far surpassing a lot of contemporary shoujo (and just most series in general).
Jul 2, 2021 7:25 PM

Feb 2020
And is time for the last episode, sorry in advance for long ass post:

Happy that every ship got their time to shine. Wish Kyou and Tohru were alone at the zoo date but I understand Saki and Arisa wanted to be with her since they are going to be far away for some time. Seeing Kyou and Tohru interactions is truly adorable. I love this pair so much.

Next is Akito and Shigure in a date? I understand many people still hating Akito (trust me, I just wanted to see her dissapear at some point) and that is fine. She did many awful things to many people after all. But most of them just wanted to move on from all the zodiac thing and start living their lifes. They just spent too much time dealing with the curse that is not even worth to think about vengeance now. Ofc there is people like Rin who can't forget that easily and that is okay too. We don't react the same way other people do. That's what is great about FB. They feel like real people.

We also got graduation but sadly we didn't get to see the actual event. (Planning to read the manga after this so no big deal)

About Yuki and Machi, I still feel we didn't get enough development for them. Probably cause this season was only 13 eps but still they look cute and hope they grow together and know each other more.

Yuki scene with Tohru almost broke my heart. I ended up loving this guy even tho I didn't like him that much at first. Yuki grew immensely after meeting Tohru. He went through a lot and deserves nothing but happiness.

I swear. I'll miss these scenes so much...

And suddenly we got Kyou and Tohru's granddaugther!! OMG such a cutie. We even got to see Kyou and Tohru as grandparents. Damn I wish we got more moments after their graduation (another reason to read the manga I guess).

tldr: Fruits Basket has been an amazing experience. I haven't cry that much in a romance since Clannad. It will stay in my favorites for a long time. Probably forever. Easily 10/10 for me.
Jul 2, 2021 11:23 PM
Jun 2020
happy for u, yuki and everyone sjsksljdkj
Jul 3, 2021 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
I refuse to believe it's over! I won't accept it! ;-;

3rd Season rating: 9/10 - I wish they didn't skip any chapters. I understand why they did it, but I still would have liked to see everything animated.

Overall rating of Fruits Basket: 10/10 - I'm going to miss Furuba Mondays.
Jul 3, 2021 7:12 AM

Apr 2020
Absolutely Masterpiece
Jul 3, 2021 9:48 AM

Nov 2009
So glad I took a chance on this version of Fruits Basket, at first I thought it’ll never live up to the nostalgia I felt from when I watched the 2001 version. However it lived up to my expectations and more by delving into the characters backgrounds and their stories and just making the whole series complete. I laughed, I cried, I loved it. Just a perfect story .
Jul 3, 2021 2:06 PM

Oct 2020
I'm not crying... you're crying.

Sayonara Fruits Basket :(

forum set by bunnyama & taiyaki
Jul 3, 2021 2:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
After 2 years of following this fantastic series, it’s finally coming to an end. They finished it off perfectly, I can gladly say it’s one of my favorite anime series ever. It’s a shame they slightly rushed through this season after the last 2 seasons had a slower pace, but I still think they did a really good job with this season. My favorite character overall is probably Yuki, he always really seemed to steal the show for me, very glad he got paired with Machi, she’s probably my best girl lol.

Very sad to see it go, I’m definitely gonna have to give it all a rewatch in the near future. I’m very excited for the spin-off anime featuring content they skipped!
Jul 3, 2021 7:20 PM
Mar 2018
63 episodes over 2 years. What a breathtaking journey to watch. Glad they remade an old series, despite already having the first season.

Glad to see that everything happily concluded, but based on the final scene, don't know if they'll do the sequel.

Despite seeming plain, this series really is something else. 10/10

Jul 3, 2021 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
I would rate this episode more than a 5 if I could
Jul 4, 2021 10:21 AM
Apr 2020
Ngl amazing story and beautiful end
10/10
Jul 5, 2021 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
It was so weird they decided to show Tohru and Kyo ad grandparents 😅😅, I thought they were going to be just parents and show their kid, end of story lol, but it was cute anyway.

Most of the couples felt so out of place, especially Ritsu with Mitsuru... Ritsu being a "normal male" now, giving away his kimonos, and also having a crush on a girl, of course...

and everyone else with their straight couples... I understand this manga is not new at all, but it was like the perfect ending all soap operas like to give.

Aaaanyway, I love Fruits and I'm gonna miss Tohru, Kyo, Yuki, Shigure, etc
Jul 6, 2021 8:29 PM
Jan 2021
Another great episode. This episode made me cry bc they left and bc it was the last episode. Also they are grandparents now!
Jul 6, 2021 9:32 PM

Sep 2018
Wahhhhhhhhh!!!! T---T
I LOVEEEEEE the ending, I'm so happy for ALL of them.
Lucky, Machi!! I really want Yuki for myself!! huhuhu

I hope they will animate the Fruit Basket Another.

Jul 7, 2021 7:21 PM

Apr 2018
Was Akito's mom crazier than this in the manga? I just felt like something is missing between Akito and Ren.

Overall, the anime is great!

9/10
Jul 9, 2021 1:47 PM
Dec 2020
Does anyone knows the insert song played before the ending? Or do i have to wait till they release all sound tracks?
Jul 9, 2021 10:26 PM

Oct 2018
iSkyFire said:
Does anyone knows the insert song played before the ending? Or do i have to wait till they release all sound tracks?
Birth of a new wish. It was played somewhere in Season 1 and Season 2.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 10, 2021 10:18 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This episode marks the end of Furuba. It was definitely one of the best romdramas I have ever watched.

I have to say though, this season dropped the balls too many times because of flimsy writing.

Still, this show will be thoroughly missed.

8/10 for the whole franchise.

7/10 for the final season.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 11, 2021 2:13 PM
Jul 2021
Natsuya Natsuki, you are the one I will never forgive. Why did you make me fall in love with this anime to the point of madness, until it became painful and difficult to say goodbye?
Couldn't you have increased the number of episodes more and more? I was able to get over it now but I can never forget this masterpiece. How not? And I was the one who was eager to watch the episode. lie isn't it? I can't believe I don't get a notification of the new episode

Everyone, I'll miss you, Kyo, tohru, yuki, arisa, saki, and haru. Thank you very much for all you have given me of passion, ambition and love, I lived with you the best moments of my life
Jul 11, 2021 3:36 PM

Mar 2018
After episode 6, I kinda forced myself to finish this... I was never a fan of Fruits Basket so I don't really feel that disappointed but I expected something better. There were lots of dumb moments and things pulled out of nowhere. I usually overlook those type of things if I like the rest but I couldn't empathize with any of the characters and I even hate some of them...
Jul 11, 2021 5:38 PM
Feb 2019
This is really damn gooddd
Jul 12, 2021 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
Considering how quiet this episode was, I thought the emotional rollercoaster had settled down and I was ready to end FB on a soothing note. I figured the ending would be heartwarming, but the way it presented it as an After Story moment had me bawling out a downpour of sheer joy. My favorite moments are the ones that are so happy & satisfying that I can cry because I sincerely care about the characters and their lives. Seeing that Tohru & Kyo were able to live a long life of contentment into old age, just as Kyoko wished for, made those final moments true euphoria.

All throughout, Fruits Basket has moved me on such a personal level. While the Zodiac Curse was supernatural, it conveyed an agony & pain that was real and all too relatable. Life is hard. It's unfair. Sometimes it feels like it's too heavy to bear. Even so, the sun shines through the clouds and it's those rays of light that peek through and give us a chance to keep moving forward. For the past few months, I've felt a strong urgency in my life and a sense that something has needed to change. This final season reaffirmed those feelings and now I feel like I have a newfound will. Maybe some of the scars won't fully heal, but I want to find a way to live with them regardless. During that epilogue scene, all I could think was that this is the kind of happiness that I want to find for myself. It almost felt like I was being told that now it's my turn to break free of my own curses and find a lifelong purpose once & for all.

10/10 for Final Season and now, with complete closure, I can say for certain that Fruits Basket has become one of my all time favorites as I take it with me in my days to come.
Jul 15, 2021 6:00 AM

Dec 2013
A very satisfying finale which is rare. Yuki's thank you to Tohru got me emotional. I'm going to miss this series.
Jul 16, 2021 9:41 PM
May 2011
The last episode's future time skip ended too abruptly.. I wish that after the scene when kyo and tohru leaves, they play the ending music with pics of what they looked like when they reunited again in the future, then at the last scene after the music cuts off, they show a scene of the future they added in the anime. It left me a little disappointed in the end we didn't get to see the reunion one last time, but it's fine. I had a fun ride.

Finally, after all these years, the chapter has finally ended for us fruit basket fans

LETS PRAY OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB WILL BE NEXT!!
Jul 18, 2021 2:14 PM

Apr 2020
I ignored this for very long because of the Shoujo tag but I'm glad I gave it a chance after friends telling me to watch it anyway. 8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 18, 2021 4:59 PM
Jan 2021
this finally was just perfectly book ended. it made me happy and it made me cry, UTTER PERFECTION!! after finishing this episode i took a 2 week break from watching anime because i was so completely satisfied that no it felt like no other anime could top that. Cant wait for the new spin off, the more fruba content i can get in my life the better :)
Jul 19, 2021 11:45 AM
Mar 2018
SailorVeki said:
Finally it's over. It only deserves a 7 at most, not a 9 like seasons 1 and 2 (or 10 like manga). I don't know what to call this last season. It's a failure. It's not a complete failure, but it could have been so much better if they had just adapted the FULL story. Because we were promissed the FULL adaptation. But this is NOT it. The last season should have had 22 episodes, not 13. If they HAD to have 63 episodes totaly, they could have made changes in seasons 1 and 2, there was less important stuff that could have been skipped, like Prince Yuki Fanclub stuff and those 3 yankee girls who stalk Arisa and end up liking her and so on. They could have made more episodes that adapted 2.5 or 3 chapters in seasons 1 and 2. But NOOO, they even included some anime original scenes instead (when they adapted only 1 chapter in an episode), so they can fill those 25 episodes.

I'm very angry. Sure, the stuff they DID adapt looked great and sounded great, but what about the stuff they DIDN'T adapt? What about Katsuya-Kyouko backstory? Oh, what a bad relationship, let's not show that, but let's show Kureno-Arisa (which is similar), and how Saki likes Kazuma (which is similar) and let's even show Shigure kid being in love with a lot smaller Akito kid (not to mention the crazy toxic relationship they have when they are older). Oh, that's all perfectly fine.

Oh, we don't need that 1 chapter about Ayame's backstory and with some cute Kyou-Tooru moments (and some Ayame-Mine). Oh, we also don't need those 2 chapters with Kakeru-Komaki that have some cute Yuki-Machi moments and some important pieces of Tooru's backstory. Oh, also, let's skip Arisa and Saki being angry with Kyou who "rejected" Tooru (because that's what Tooru thought) and not allowing him to visit Tooru in the hospital until she is released from the hospital. Because it's so not like them to let it slide that Kyou made Tooru cry.

Not to mention how differently Yuki acts now (in a lot of scenes) towards Kyou after they had that last fist-fight and came to a mutual understanding. Nah, totally not important, who wants them to finally become friends. (Also, if you thought Yuki-Machi happened too fast, guess what? They cut out some of their cute moments.)

No, let's cut all that and instead let's show a lot of stupid Motoko-senpai and let's make a longer school graduation scene than in the manga because that is really relevant to the plot. And let's rearange and cut out a lot. Because anime-onlies will never know what they are missing, and manga readers should be happy they are getting ANYTHING. Well guess what, I'm not. They butchered the manga, which IS A MASTERPIECE, a 10. This season is hardly a 7. I'm not happy with it at all.

Stop crying about the cut material. Also, they will adapt Katsuya and Kyoko's story in 2022.
Jul 20, 2021 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
avengingangel2 said:

Stop crying about the cut material. Also, they will adapt Katsuya and Kyoko's story in 2022.

I don't want to hear that from a person who didn't read the manga and has no idea what they are missing.

Oh wow, we get 3 chapters about Katsuya & Kyouko? Well guess what, there are other chapters (full or half) they skipped. If they don't adapt all that, I'll keep complaining. You can skip my comments, no one is forcing you to read them.
SailorVekiJul 20, 2021 2:39 PM

Jul 20, 2021 4:02 PM
Mar 2018
SailorVeki said:
avengingangel2 said:

I don't want to hear that from a person who didn't read the manga and has no idea what they are missing.

Oh wow, we get 3 chapters about Katsuya & Kyouko? Well guess what, there are other chapters (full or half) they skipped. If they don't adapt all that, I'll keep complaining. You can skip my comments, no one is forcing you to read them.

A) you said the same thing in 2-3 comments in this thread alone and the fact that they all sounded the same is the only reason that made me look up who wrote them. I was just reading all the comments on this thread, as I do with any thread I read. You can't complain about Katsuya and Kyoko's story not been animated when it was announced, before you even commented that they were going to be animated.

B) Jokes on you, because I have actually read the Manga, but I haven't added it to my list on this site. Heck I haven't even added all the Anime episodes I have actually watched.
Jul 20, 2021 4:37 PM

Jun 2014
avengingangel2 said:
SailorVeki said:

A) you said the same thing in 2-3 comments in this thread alone and the fact that they all sounded the same is the only reason that made me look up who wrote them. I was just reading all the comments on this thread, as I do with any thread I read. You can't complain about Katsuya and Kyoko's story not been animated when it was announced, before you even commented that they were going to be animated.

B) Jokes on you, because I have actually read the Manga, but I haven't added it to my list on this site. Heck I haven't even added all the Anime episodes I have actually watched.

I wrote 2 comments on page 5 of episode 13 (wow, I'm so bad). Ok, so we will get Katsuya-Kyouko backstory. But I want all the skipped content animated. Ok, maybe you read the manga, but you obviously don't love it enough if you don't want everything to get animated. Well, I do. It's in my Top 3 manga and since they promised the FULL adaptation, I'm pissed they skipped and cut out a lot. Good for you if you don't care about missing content. Well, I do. You think I'll stop complaining because you tell me to? LMAO I'll complain again in the Katsuya-Kyouko thread. Goodbye until then.
SailorVekiJul 20, 2021 4:40 PM

Jul 20, 2021 4:50 PM
Mar 2018
SailorVeki said:
avengingangel2 said:

I wrote 2 comments on page 5 of episode 13 (wow, I'm so bad). Ok, so we will get Katsuya-Kyouko backstory. But I want all the skipped content animated. Ok, maybe you read the manga, but you obviously don't love it enough if you don't want everything to get animated. Well, I do. It's in my Top 3 manga and since they promised the FULL adaptation, I'm pissed they skipped and cut out a lot. Good for you if you don't care about missing content. Well, I do. You think I'll stop complaining because you tell me to? LMAO I'll complain again in the Katsuya-Kyouko thread. Goodbye until then.

Drink some water and a cup of warm milk before going to sleep
Jul 20, 2021 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
Finally finished this, and really disappointed. Unlike the first two seasons, the pacing was
horrible, they cut off so many amazing and important scenes. This should have been longer. :(
I guess this season was adapted more for those who only watched the anime.
It feels like the manga readers were abandoned. .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

10/10 for season 1 and 2, but 7/10 for this one.
YukiTsubakiJul 20, 2021 5:58 PM
Jul 26, 2021 1:56 AM

Jan 2020
I'm a little upset the sendoff was off-screen, I wished for us to see a few last clips of Tohru and Kyo. Alas, that didn't happen. Overall great episode, I appreciate that all love interests have been taken care of, and honestly if there'll be any spin-offs focused on the side characters, I'd definitely watch them. One downside of having a large cast and so many relationships is that the author can't focus on each one of them in the end, even though the author does this particularly well throughout the show.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jul 27, 2021 8:51 PM
Mar 2019
Wow this series is just meh
Aug 3, 2021 3:16 PM
Jun 2020
An absolute masterpiece with a perfect ending I'm stunned.
Aug 4, 2021 7:23 PM
Jan 2021
This series overall was so heartwarming.

The entire plot of the series is quite interesting as there is no clear cut objective from the very first episode like I'm used to from series such as Naruto, My Hero Academia, Black Clover, etc.

Firstly, the idea of having some of the Somas transform into the Zodiacs and have their personalities and interactions match up with the stories of the Zodiac Spirits is quite interesting and enjoyable. It opened up a plethora of different interactions. The secret of the Somas isn't what carried the series however.

It was the impact of Tohru Honda and how she drastically changed the lives of those that she interacted with, especially the Somas. There is so much to discuss about the series as a whole but I want to keep this to the final episode.

The final episode was the fairy-tale type happily ever after that both Tohru and Kyo well deserved. In his life Kyo has tried to run away from the world. Both because of his secret and his inability to connect with others. I'm glad that he was able to find closure in the deaths of both his mom and Tohru's mother Kyoko Honda. I didn't expect Yuki to develop a relationship with Kuragi and now that the curse is broken there's nothing stopping the Soma's from interacting with the opposite gender. It was reassuring to see the positive changes for everyone and despite Tohru and Kyo leaving everyone is still connected.

Tohru and Kyo became grandparents and I'm glad to see they are still happy.
Aug 5, 2021 4:30 AM

Aug 2011
I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. Every now and then you stumble into an absolute gem of a series... one that pulls on your heartstrings and the pain/joy feels so real.

Fruits Baskets was one of those for me, being an avid fan of romances, albeit I hadn't delved into too many Shoujo in the past (I find most of them to be mind-numbingly slow paced.) I've never cried more over a fictional story the way I have FB, it was everything: tragic, uplifting, romantic, blissful, painful, and so much more.

The only thing I sorta am bummed about, is that we didn't get to see more of Kyo and Tohru's life after graduation, and before the old age (which don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic about that.) I just feel like I was robbed of even more blissful scenes. We had so much time to revel in KyoxTohru's anguish, and yet comparatively little time in sharing their joy. Perhaps the manga dives a bit deeper into this? I really need to give it a full read-through sometime.

The latter statements about not having enough time to revel in the joy also applies to the rest of the Sohma family and their relationships as well. I do plan on reading the sequel manga for sure.

Even though every show has its flaws, this is the only other series other than FMAB where I've given a perfect 10/10. Some might believe that to be too grandiose, but I feel it appropriate (for me at least). This was truly a masterpiece.

Goodbye for now Fruits Basket, until my future rewatche(s).

I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to find other romances as good as this one
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Aug 9, 2021 6:10 AM

Nov 2020
Finally I finished this anime that has been on my watchlist forever!
And man so glad I watched it! But first, here comes the tear train😭😭😭

This episode made me feel all kind of things, love, sadness, happiness, nostalgia, melancholy and so on... Soooo glad it was a happy ending! SOOO happy for Tohru and Kyo and the rest of the cast. Specially Yuki💖 I'm so happy he was able to find his someone special!

The only thing i missed was the "see off/farewell" scene. I read people talking about it being in the manga. I was really looking forward to it! ready with my kleenex tissue box 😭😭😭How they said goodbye to the house and to all the good memories they made together😥feels like it was a bit rushed with only 13 episodes and no specials...

And I feel a bit sad for Hatori san.. Like he got together with Mayu and all but its so unfair to him and Kana chan! They really deserved to be together!!!

Anywayyy.. I'll wipe away my tear and suck it up! its so bittersweer this feeling after finishing a good anime.. like I dont know what to do with my life anymore... I guess binge watching the entire season in one sitting was not so smart afterall ....

Sayonara fruits basket... 😥😭
SidsAnime86Aug 9, 2021 8:39 AM
---- Life is nothing but goodbyes ----

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

163 by FardinRimon »»
Apr 17, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

169 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2021

165 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 1:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2021

158 by Kris08 »»
Mar 5, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket: The Final Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

209 by PokefanPT »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.