Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2021 11:34 AM

Oct 2020
I haven't watched this anime but I've wanted to for a long time. I've heard characters in this have some kind of supernatural abilities like super speed or super jumping. I know this is anime but sports is supposed to be a depiction of your skills both IRL and in anime. I just wanted to know if these abilities are the skills of the players that they have or some kind of jutsu they learned

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
DeadlyRavenJun 14, 2021 12:43 PM
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Jun 14, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2020
MrBrawlz said:
I haven't watched this anime but I've wanted to for a long time. I've heard characters in this have some kind of supernatural abilities like super speed or super jumping. I know this is anime but sports is supposed to be a depiction of your skills both IRL and in anime. I just wanted to know if these abilities are the skills of the players that they have or some kind of jutsu they learned

the abilities are a little unrealistic, like one guy has the ability to see future and one has the ability to copy anyone's moves and the zone concept is really unrealistic

that's why you should watch ahiru no sora, the animation is not that good but the show is really realistic and as you have watched haikyuu, do not think that ahiru no sora copied haikyuu because the manga of ahiru no sora came way before haikyuu

haikyuu and kuroko no basket both copied a lot of things from ahiru no sora
Jun 14, 2021 11:47 AM

Oct 2020
TokuchiToua123 said:
MrBrawlz said:

the abilities are a little unrealistic, like one guy has the ability to see future and one has the ability to copy anyone's moves and the zone concept is really unrealistic

that's why you should watch ahiru no sora, the animation is not that good but the show is really realistic and as you have watched haikyuu, do not think that ahiru no sora copied haikyuu because the manga of ahiru no sora came way before haikyuu

yeah i really loved haikyuu and ill save that show to my PTW
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Jun 14, 2021 11:49 AM

Aug 2020
MrBrawlz said:
TokuchiToua123 said:

yeah i really loved haikyuu and ill save that show to my PTW

you should and that's not the only good thing, the best thing about the show is that the characters are extremely realistic and each have a realistic goal in their mind and the development is really awesome
Jun 14, 2021 12:15 PM
Jul 2020
To be fair I enjoyed watching it even if it wasn't realistic.I play basketball and enjoy watching nba but for me that detail didn't matter.The only thing was the pacing was a bit slow sometimes and situations could get repetitive but i'd definitely recommend if you're into sports anime.
Jun 14, 2021 12:19 PM

Aug 2020
Scotty22east said:
To be fair I enjoyed watching it even if it wasn't realistic.I play basketball and enjoy watching nba but for me that detail didn't matter.The only thing was the pacing was a bit slow sometimes and situations could get repetitive but i'd definitely recommend if you're into sports anime.

yeah me too it wasn't bad, i rated it an 8, i also enjoyed it
Jun 14, 2021 12:23 PM

Feb 2020
lmao it's just normal abilities depicted in a supernatural manner
and the 'zone' is being taken very literally, so there's that

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jun 14, 2021 12:26 PM
Jul 2020
yeah me too it wasn't bad, i rated it an 8, i also enjoyed it[/quote]

For sure i think it de serves an 8 tbf. you're like the only other person on this group that's actually talking about the anime lmaoo
Jun 14, 2021 12:45 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

Removed all the spam and replaced the title.
Jun 15, 2021 12:47 AM
Jun 2021
Tbh, I liked this anime but man it isn't real at all! Like people getting powers or what we say "zone" in last of the last moments when they are about to lose. It's not realistic at all I mean basketball is all about real life skills. Michael Jordan would jump off a building seeing these type of skills. Although it was a good anime, it could have focused more on real life skills.
Jun 15, 2021 3:56 AM

Oct 2018
I don't think the supernatural abilities take away the fun or make it bad, it still is pretty good and my favourite sports anime of all time.

Jun 15, 2021 4:24 AM

Nov 2016
The so called supernatural abilities are more or less actual skills. The featured extent of these skills is probably beyond the capabilities of any Japanese high schoolers, especially during a match.

That wasn't an issue to me, in fact it was what made the series so hype. The actual hurdle to overcome in order to enjoy this series fully is the angsty drama. It can be corny af.

You have Food Wars in your favorites, so suspension of disbelief apparently already worked once. Good luck.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2021 1:14 PM
Feb 2021
FMmatron said:
The so called supernatural abilities are more or less actual skills. The featured extent of these skills is probably beyond the capabilities of any Japanese high schoolers, especially during a match.

That wasn't an issue to me, in fact it was what made the series so hype. The actual hurdle to overcome in order to enjoy this series fully is the angsty drama. It can be corny af.

You have Food Wars in your favorites, so suspension of disbelief apparently already worked once. Good luck.
The featured extent of these skills is probably beyond the capabilities of any human
Jun 15, 2021 1:15 PM

Nov 2016
SmallMight777 said:
FMmatron said:

The featured extent of these skills is probably beyond the capabilities of any human

Some of these skills are legit, YouTube is your friend

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2021 1:18 PM

Mar 2015
They work with the power of friendship.

While the characters abilities are by no means realistic, in the anime itself it's basically just chalked up to "they're really good at basketball".

If you want a realistic sports anime Kuroko isn't for you. But if you can live with Japanese high schoolers going super sayan during basketball matches it's a pretty fun watch.
Jun 15, 2021 1:18 PM
Feb 2021
FMmatron said:
SmallMight777 said:

man really, that pink haired dude can literally see the future
Jun 15, 2021 1:20 PM
Feb 2021
FMmatron said:
SmallMight777 said:

and the blonde has the ability to copy any move, like that's practically impossible, you can't perform a move better than the original just by watching someone do it
Jun 15, 2021 1:28 PM

Nov 2016
SmallMight777 said:
FMmatron said:

*red haired

I said more or less. A minor, but crucial difference.

His skill is referred to as Emperor Eye for the dramatic effect. Essentially it's him just being big brain at reading other people's bodies + great ball handling to break ankles for days.

Sure, you can be nitpicky, but don't be so hung up on him or Kise( it was even mentioned that he isn't as good as the original, he's improvisingthrough talent and good sense) when there'es Midorima who has never missed a shot. At the end of the day it's a bit exaggerated for the sake of entertaiment, but even aforementioned techniques aren't technically impossible. 96% of the other stuff is aight, tho.

Jun 15, 2021 1:36 PM
Feb 2021
FMmatron said:
SmallMight777 said:

*red haired

His skill is referred to as Emperor Eye for the dramatic effect. Essentially it's him just being big brain at reading other people's bodies + great ball handling to break ankles for days.

Sure, you can be nitpicky, but don't be so hung up on him or Kise( it was even mentioned that he isn't as good as the original, he's improvisingthrough talent and good sense) when there'es Midorima who has never missed a shot. At the end of the day it's a bit exaggerated for the sake of entertaiment, but even aforementioned techniques aren't technically impossible. 96% of the other stuff is aight, tho.
but in zone kise can copy multiple move and just as good as the original and zone concept as a whole is just ridiculous

don't get me wrong i actually enjoyed the show a lot, i am just sayin that the abilities are not realistic
Jun 15, 2021 1:42 PM

Nov 2016
SmallMight777 said:
FMmatron said:

*red haired

but in zone kise can copy multiple move and just as good as the original and zone concept as a whole is just ridiculous

don't get me wrong i actually enjoyed the show a lot, i am just sayin that the abilities are not realistic

I would say not as good as the original + zone. He's just the best all rounder.

Realistic is a strong word. Saying that most of these techniques are based on actual skills, however, has a different ring to it. Again, you can check YouTube to verify it yourself or we have to agree to disagree. Either way, I don't mind.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

363 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 7:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

245 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Sep 8, 2012

116 by removed-user »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fiji - Sep 1, 2012

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 2, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Itami - Aug 25, 2012

111 by removed-user »»
Apr 1, 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.