Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 1, 2021 10:09 AM

May 2015
Mushroom girl create clickers. This is canon to TLOU.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 1, 2021 10:26 AM
May 2020
Yaoyorozu was weak man. I'm not satisfied with this defeat. Too many people giving her credits. Only Takoyami pulled the weight.
May 1, 2021 10:54 AM

Mar 2019
I cant be the only one wondering why they're still watching this right?
May 1, 2021 10:58 AM

Dec 2017
this episode was kinda boring. hopefully it gets more interesting later on...
May 1, 2021 11:00 AM
Mar 2021
My boy Tokoyami was hoed today, he should of at least gotten one capture imo. He showed off so many new moves and really improved. Would of been nice if he at least captured the shadow dude.
May 1, 2021 11:08 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was genuinely bad.

So much recap and talking just to waste time. I hate how the writer tries to hype the characters up by having other characters say “They are so strong!”. Show us they are strong, don’t just have a circlejerk session where all the characters are calling each other strong instead of putting in the work to make us believe they are strong.

The fight itself was uninteresting and the animation looked very cheap at points.

I hope the rest of the season is not like this.
May 1, 2021 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
Bem bem razoável, a luta não tem nenhuma parte muito emocionante e ocupou um episódio inteiro, acho que eles podiam ter encurtado um pouco e ter colocado um pouco da próxima
May 1, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2017
Class A lost but they put up a bloody good fight. To be honest, Class B was just better at utilising everyone in their team. Kinoko's quirk seems lame at first (I mean, Mushrooms?!) but she gave us just a hint of what she can really do when she grew the mushrooms 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 Tokoyami's body!

I'm starting to get really pissed off with the way Bones is adapting BNHA now. Why did we need a nearly 5 min recap of what happened last week? It wasn't that long ago! Also the story telling is just like 'this happened, and then this happened'... very sequenced without much oomph. It's breaking my heart cause this should be a fun arc but they aren't animating this in a way that's making the secondary characters shine, which is actually something I love about the manga; Deku's the MC but the others are just as important.
May 1, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2020
The Manga guy's quirk is hilarious

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

May 1, 2021 12:52 PM

Feb 2018
So, I didn't liked this episode, because it is clearly forced to give win to the class 1-B. I see that author wanted to break the cliche with letting them win but at the same time since class 1-A obviously better, he didn't wanted them to crush 1-A.

The problem is, there was lots of moments that 1-A could've done something else and won easily and for them to not doing it means breaking their character. For example, if it's Momo we are talking about, she would definitly talk about a plan before the fight and create items for the teammates. And that's just one layer of a plan. In this episode Shoto said Momo thinks lots of layers at the same time so that means she would've take the control easily since enemies are not big threat. Another example is that Tokoyami should have knocked out the enemy. As far as we see Tokoyami isn't a person that underestimates people's power and he is not that soft hearted person because knocking them out is not a big deal. Let's say he didn't and she used mushroom to make breath hard for him. He could've unleashed the Dark Shadow for capturing all three of them.

I hope it will not continue this way.

May 1, 2021 1:31 PM
Mar 2021
it was good but it’s sucks that team A didn’t win they had the upper advantage but the mushroom girl was sneaky person
May 1, 2021 1:41 PM

Sep 2017
Mushroom quirk is pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure what she did was use some kinda mushroom that sucked up oxygen or something but maybe she mad mushrooms grow on his lungs/neck? Pretty OP if you can do that. Just grow a fuckload of shrooms in someone's heart. Seems pretty dead to me.
May 1, 2021 1:48 PM

Sep 2020
this group was tough
May 1, 2021 2:01 PM
Nov 2019
I like how this fight gave everyone a chance to shine, though I'd say Aoyama got the short end.
May 1, 2021 2:04 PM

Oct 2015
Momo was quite dumbed down this episode. Instead of using the Invisible Girl to search for their foes she sent out Tokoyami to aimlessly wander around and lead them right back to her group. Her plan was then to let herself get KO'd so Tokoyami would hopefully win the whole thing by himself. A forced loss by the author to put one in Class B's bag.
May 1, 2021 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
I've always hated comicman, because his quirk just throws the rules around quirks out the window.

I know he's a joke character that's not meant to be matter, but it's annoying that he could effectively just say kaboom and kill everyone.
May 1, 2021 2:13 PM

May 2018
pretty good fight. I was surprised that the class A group lost like that though. The mushroom girl's abilities felt like asspulls tbh. Too bad I can't remember any of the class B people haha

I still wonder how lots of the group B students even got accepted into UA through that test in the first season with their 'support' oriented quirks rather than pure offense.
May 1, 2021 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
Jesus christ... Can someone please tell me how long this boring competition arc will last?

May 1, 2021 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
Can't say that class b winning was unexpected but it was still pretty enjoyable, the mushrooms on your lungs freaked me out tho ngl
May 1, 2021 3:04 PM

Nov 2013
MitchellMi said:
Jesus christ... Can someone please tell me how long this boring competition arc will last?

If i remember correctly it's only half of the season? You can see how many teams are left and so far we had 2 episodes per team so that's how many episodes for this arc are left i suppose
May 1, 2021 3:06 PM
Jan 2021
MitchellMi said:

How in the hell is any of this boring
May 1, 2021 3:07 PM
Jan 2021
Akirarara said:
Yaoyorozu was weak man. I'm not satisfied with this defeat. Too many people giving her credits. Only Takoyami pulled the weight.

First of you spelled Tokoyami name wrong second the entire reason he was able to even find them was because of Momo
May 1, 2021 3:08 PM
Jan 2021
Lussid said:
this episode was kinda boring. hopefully it gets more interesting later on...

What is boring about it seriously
May 1, 2021 3:20 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
I really enjoyed this episode, and I like to see that Class B won. It always feels weird when Class A is seen like this unstoppable force that is basically invincible. Really enjoyed the growth that Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu have gone through. Mushroom girl has a really cool quirk, and I found it very cool seeing her secret an potentially deadly weapon. All in all solid episode. Can't wait to see match 3 with Iida and Todoroki. Tetsutetsu might be a real challenge though.
May 1, 2021 3:53 PM
May 2020
if Tokoyami didn't have that dumb bird head I would like him more but I just can't take him seriously lol.

don't stop the biased commentary, fuck class A.
May 1, 2021 4:26 PM

Jan 2013
Momo is such a stupid character. Shes supposed to be smart and she can only come up with shields or canons everytime? lol
May 1, 2021 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
The defeat of class A was very out of the blue, a very tense episode is with several good fights.
May 1, 2021 5:00 PM
Feb 2019
If the girl will literally grow mushrooms in your throat to choke you because "real world has no mercy" or whatever, then why doesn't he just snap her neck or gouge out her eyes with his beak? After all, this is "real world fighting conditions".
May 1, 2021 5:07 PM

Apr 2014
was nice to see this animated all the matches so far have been amazing the matches was also good when read in the manga but the anime versions are even better

with that said just like when i first saw this match in manga form they are so lucky that noone knew mushroom girl could pull that bs off lol but wonder what kind of things she'd be able to do as she improved it though its crazy to even think about it

but yeah great ep this arc is much better in anime form
"one step at a time"
May 1, 2021 6:02 PM

Feb 2021
did they change the guy with the darkness quirk mid episode, he sounded like a girl :/ (.)(.)
May 1, 2021 7:09 PM

May 2020
This might be one of the worst episodes of all time. Gross.
May 1, 2021 7:23 PM

Jul 2016
As ridiculous as it is, I gotta appreciate the creativity of having a character that can attack using onomatopoeias. If only Fukidashi's design wasn't so uninspiring...

Entertaining episode as usual. Kinoko girl new underrated waifu, by the way.
May 1, 2021 7:36 PM
Apr 2013
Venumidas said:
4 minutes in and the Episode starts.

Just a reminder that Studio BONES hates BNHA.

7 minutes in and the Episode actually starts moving forward.

This is the first time in anime history where I literally had to skip through the episode to actually watch it, it sucks that this seemingly is the only thing I have this season.

Can we please get BNHA canceled so BONES can actually work on something they enjoy?

Why do they hate it?
May 1, 2021 7:50 PM
Aug 2020
KingNyrd said:
Venumidas said:
4 minutes in and the Episode starts.

Just a reminder that Studio BONES hates BNHA.

7 minutes in and the Episode actually starts moving forward.

This is the first time in anime history where I literally had to skip through the episode to actually watch it, it sucks that this seemingly is the only thing I have this season.

Can we please get BNHA canceled so BONES can actually work on something they enjoy?

Why do they hate it?

He’s just talking out of his ass.
May 1, 2021 8:24 PM
Jan 2021
Starmiya said:
Momo is such a stupid character. Shes supposed to be smart and she can only come up with shields or canons everytime? lol

Oh yeah because when 2 ginormous hands shaped as fists comes flying at you your gonna want a bow staff no not a shield and if you want to launch something a catapult would work except it would take longer or something smaller like a rocket launcher would work not like that would be unpredictable where it’s going considering you have to hold it no don’t get the cannon which is garunteed to go over the wall yeah she really stupid

If you can’t tell because your the stupid one here I’m being sarcastic
May 1, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2019
I won't lie, I found the comic quirk to be really creative. MHA has a lot of potential when it comes to creative quirks when done properly.
May 1, 2021 9:11 PM
Nov 2016
It was a meh episode to be honest, it's good to see Class B shinning from time to time but I feel like Class A was downgraded in this episode, Momo should have created items way before encountering the enemy, she's like the ultimate support team.

I really can't take some of the characters seriously here, I know they are gag characters but having a dude with the head of a freaking manga and saying manga words is just dumb for me and I can't enjoy stuff like these, interesting ability though but his manga head is just dumb.

And like always, that blonde guy that shoots lasers is useless but we already expected this one, he barely did anything in the entire fight and the invisible girl should have been naked from the beginning to spy on the enemy.

Seriously, Class A was downgraded in this episode.
May 1, 2021 9:30 PM

Apr 2021
Lazar boy was as useless as he can ever been. I wonder how he got admitted at UA

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

May 1, 2021 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
i'm so proud of class B being to able to win against Class A! Yaoyorozu worked hard! i hope she doesn't get discouraged! well her boobs are big so she can't be discouraged by that lololz!
5/5.

May 1, 2021 10:46 PM
Aug 2020
I don’t wanna sound like an ass but i kinda wanted class B to win this round and i got that wish granted, kendo is cool.
May 1, 2021 11:06 PM

Feb 2016
*zZzzzzzzZzzzzzZzzz* Next arc when?
May 2, 2021 1:00 AM
Jan 2021
Worst season.also the mushroom girl ability is too op,she could literally choke most people within a minute .poor writing and too many flashbacks/recaps .sorry to say this but there are many better shows in spring then this .season 4 seems really very good compared to this
May 2, 2021 1:02 AM
Jan 2021
Harem_lover94 said:
If the girl will literally grow mushrooms in your throat to choke you because "real world has no mercy" or whatever, then why doesn't he just snap her neck or gouge out her eyes with his beak? After all, this is "real world fighting conditions".

Yeah I agree,hope bakugo doesnt show any mercy to class b
May 2, 2021 2:26 AM
May 2020
2132 said:
Akirarara said:

First of you spelled Tokoyami name wrong second the entire reason he was able to even find them was because of Momo

I would agree with you if she had been doing that from the start. Being called a strategist or a brain after being tactically beaten doesn't do justice.
May 2, 2021 2:31 AM
May 2020
2132 said:
Starmiya said:

Oh yeah because when 2 ginormous hands shaped as fists comes flying at you your gonna want a bow staff no not a shield and if you want to launch something a catapult would work except it would take longer or something smaller like a rocket launcher would work not like that would be unpredictable where it’s going considering you have to hold it no don’t get the cannon which is garunteed to go over the wall yeah she really stupid

Her getting caught by class B's strategy in the first place makes her stupid. She can't perform well in combat, she lost in strategy. What's left of her? Kendo had her beaten in every single way. Instead of showering praises and calling her strong, I want her to grow from this defeat with more determination and decisiveness. Call it tough love.
AkirararaMay 2, 2021 2:56 AM
May 2, 2021 4:52 AM
Sep 2019
So uh... just fighting, not plot, good thing I put anime I watch in 2x speed these days
May 2, 2021 5:18 AM

Oct 2009
This whole arc feels like a Naruto filler, hope things pick up soon..
Also as much as I love Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami and Kendo deserves the praise,,
May 2, 2021 8:24 AM
Jan 2021
Akirarara said:
2132 said:

Her getting caught by class B's strategy in the first place makes her stupid. She can't perform well in combat, she lost in strategy. What's left of her? Kendo had her beaten in every single way. Instead of showering praises and calling her strong, I want her to grow from this defeat with more determination and decisiveness. Call it tough love.

I didn’t say her strategy was perfect but Kendo had the foresight and Momo was not stupid because Momo won in one thing getting that bag to her teammates which would have been the winning play except mushroom girl can put those mushrooms in windpipes
May 2, 2021 8:31 AM
Jan 2021
Akirarara said:
2132 said:

I would agree with you if she had been doing that from the start. Being called a strategist or a brain after being tactically beaten doesn't do justice.

Yeah but Kendo is no slouch and due to the quirks involved Momo lost but it was close Kendo said so herself also it wasn’t a strategist or brain but a leader as she thought of her teammates first obviously she needs more practice but she is this far already that is what’s impressive
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.