Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 1, 2021 6:59 AM

Sep 2020
Venumidas said:
4 minutes in and the Episode starts.

Just a reminder that Studio BONES hates BNHA.

7 minutes in and the Episode actually starts moving forward.

This is the first time in anime history where I literally had to skip through the episode to actually watch it, it sucks that this seemingly is the only thing I have this season.

Can we please get BNHA canceled so BONES can actually work on something they enjoy?
Just wait and see, bones will put in everything they have for the upcoming arc.
Also, bones would never drop BnHA, since it's their main source of money.

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
May 1, 2021 7:01 AM

Jun 2014
Class B managed to pull off a victory in the end after it seemed like Class A was about to win. Kinoko's Quirk can get pretty dangerous, so she's definitely one to keep an eye on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 1, 2021 7:05 AM

Oct 2016
Great episode! Class A did great, but Class B was smart to separate them and force them into a situation where they have to fight, and Tokoyami is really the only straight up power type in the team, B's quirks where too overwhelming for them. At least they were able to show their growth especially Tokoyami and Momo.

Kuroiro definitely crushing hard on Komori, and speaking of Komori she dangerous as hell, if that was a real fight Tokoyami would be dead already or maybe even all of them if she spreads that deadly mushroom everywhere. Props to Kendo too for the big brain, and Fukidashi has a cool and unique quirk, kinda wondering how he discovered it lmao.

Really looking forward to the next episode, I liked all the fights, but I think my favorite was definitely the 3rd match so I'm looking forward to that.
May 1, 2021 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
This episode was kinda just... dragging its feet, wasn't it? I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I actually found myself skipping ahead 10-15 seconds a few times, which I never do. Was just slow and not much interesting, and then that asspull at the end... come on, really?
Still. A few nice Shouto and Fumikage closeups, and some nice Fumikage and Dark Shadow interactions :D those were cute.
May 1, 2021 7:28 AM
Nov 2020
It was a great episode, beautiful ending... next round will be even better
May 1, 2021 7:57 AM
Jan 2021
I'm glad we at least got one class-B win, they definitely deserved this one.

I'm still hoping Monoma and Shinso will beat Deku's group, but not getting my hopes up because I doubt it😔
May 1, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2015
I can't be the only one noticing all these constant flashbacks.. again and again..
also.. i loved the previous fight.. but the "class A was good" cliche in this round.. and everyone praising momo and class A even tho class B won.. is so weird..
May 1, 2021 8:11 AM

Oct 2020
Momo and Fumikage fought hard but were outclassed by class B. Honestly, that mushroom girl was pretty scary.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2021 8:19 AM
Aug 2020
Venumidas said:

This is the first time in anime history where I literally had to skip through the episode to actually watch it, it sucks that this seemingly is the only thing I have this season.

Can we please get BNHA canceled so BONES can actually work on something they enjoy?

Ah no wonder why the mha fandom is the worst fandom or people like you are the worst.
Ofcool2947May 1, 2021 8:22 AM
May 1, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2020
Damn, that episode was boring. At least they had powerups (?) I guess lol.

I accept random friend requests!
May 1, 2021 8:47 AM

Apr 2014
Dude. I do not get why many are not liking this arc or something. Sure something is off now and then. But hey I like seeing Class 1-B in action to see what they are capable of. Kendo really did a good job strategizing, though there are some parts that could've made the team lose. Though Mushroom girl was so undermined. In the end she managed to incapacitate Fukiyami. Then the Comic hero guy was funny. Though Class 1-A lost that is fine. Looking forward to the next episode. It is going to be a good one. Then the one after that one. X3
May 1, 2021 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
Ofcool2947 said:
Venumidas said:

Ah no wonder why the mha fandom is the worst fandom or people like you are the worst.

How about you back up your degenerate post with anything?

"OMG FANDOM BAD"

How can I even be considered a fan if I considered this show to be a downfall since like 3 seasons?

Adding the reasoning that BONES most likely hates this show at this point, obviously it makes money, but that's the issue, it feels like they are tied to some long term contract that damn near forces them to work on this shit.

Animators are probably some of the few people on this planet that (somtimes) care about the thing they work on not just for the pure net gain.
You can feel if a show has no passion behind it and BNHA feels like a fucking rotten corpse in that regard.

There is absolutely no speck of love, interest or passion in this, feels like I'm watching a american cartoon produced for the masses, dumbed down to the utmost it can and cutting corners in every way possible.
May 1, 2021 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
It's a shame Class 1-A lost this time, but I must admit, I got impressed by 1-B's effort of teamwork. They all did great! Kinoko's quirk is scarry and it's one to fear for *-*

So I guess it skipped a part from the manga... I was hopping to see Kinoko giving something to Tokoyami to relieve the coughing >_> I think that could have been included if the flashback of the meeting of Class 1-A and Class 1-B hadn't played over and over :/

Even so, great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 1, 2021 8:54 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So class B takes this round even though Class A put up a decent fight. Next week its Todoroki's time to shine.
May 1, 2021 8:57 AM
Feb 2016
Venumidas said:

Same, never have i felt this way about an episode. The useless flashbacks, the constant reminders that "Momo is so great", the repetition of phrases between scenes for no reason at all, it felt like they could have put 2 fights in this episode, or at least the beginning of the next one.
May 1, 2021 9:18 AM
Aug 2020
Venumidas said:
Ofcool2947 said:

"OMG FANDOM BAD"

How can I even be considered a fan if I considered this show to be a downfall since like 3 seasons?

Adding the reasoning that BONES most likely hates this show at this point, obviously it makes money, but that's the issue, it feels like they are tied to some long term contract that damn near forces them to work on this shit.

Animators are probably some of the few people on this planet that (somtimes) care about the thing they work on not just for the pure net gain.
You can feel if a show has no passion behind it and BNHA feels like a fucking rotten corpse in that regard.

There is absolutely no speck of love, interest or passion in this, feels like I'm watching a american cartoon produced for the masses, dumbed down to the utmost it can and cutting corners in every way possible.

You still kept up with it, pretty sure a non fan who claims “considered this show to be a downfall since like three seasons” would drop the show by at least the third season.

If BONES hated this show, then the anime shouldn’t have sakuga at all or should have terrible animation like SDS.

Animators care for their work no matter what anime they’re doing, AOT S4 still looked somewhat decent. OPM S2 had sakuga by animators that care even though schedule was ass. Same applies with this anime cause y’know this anime doesn’t have the best scheduling.

People like you are still the worst

If there was no “speck of love, interest or passion in this” then why is yutaka nakamura always at least putting out well done sakuga in the biggest fights of this anime and not horrible ones. Why is every sakuga done well and not some shit like SDS. Why is yuki hayashi always delivering some good OST’s.

But yeah ok bones doesn’t care. i could say the exact same thing with mappa on AOT S4 or JC Staff on OPM S2.

I’m not even the biggest MHA fan out there, but i can’t say bones is doing a horrible job when they still push out the best animation for the fights of this anime, only exception i make was the mirio fight which both the anime and manga were boring.
Ofcool2947May 1, 2021 9:22 AM
May 1, 2021 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
Ofcool2947 said:
Venumidas said:

"OMG FANDOM BAD"

You still kept up with it, pretty sure a non fan who claims “considered this show to be a downfall since like three seasons” would drop the show by at least the third season.

If BONES hated this show, then the anime shouldn’t have sakuga at all or should have terrible animation like SDS.

Animators care for their work no matter what anime they’re doing, AOT S4 still looked somewhat decent. OPM S2 had sakuga by animators that care even though schedule was ass. Same applies with this anime cause y’know this anime doesn’t have the best scheduling.

If there was no “speck of love, interest or passion in this” then why is yutaka nakamura always at least putting out well done sakuga in the biggest fights of this anime and not horrible ones. Why is every sakuga done well and not some shit like SDS. Why is yuki hayashi always delivering some good OST’s.

But yeah ok bones doesn’t care. i could say the exact same thing with mappa on AOT S4 or JC Staff on OPM S2.

Ignoring what I said to make your point.
May 1, 2021 9:23 AM
Aug 2020
Venumidas said:
Ofcool2947 said:

Ignoring what I said to make your point.

Strange way to say you can’t read.

Do you even know how animation production works for anime in general?
Ofcool2947May 1, 2021 9:32 AM
May 1, 2021 9:47 AM

Nov 2009
Are these the worst quirks yet? Mushrooms and.....Word Walls.....? Really? Imagine losing to a mushroom KEKW
May 1, 2021 10:08 AM
Jan 2021
haydnwright said:
Are these the worst quirks yet? Mushrooms and.....Word Walls.....? Really? Imagine losing to a mushroom KEKW

She put one in Tokoyami throat that could kill someone if she put a bigger mushroom in their not even all might could survive if it was a sneak attack and I’m pretty the manga character guy is a joke character but it’s ironically powerful and useful for separating them
May 1, 2021 10:09 AM

May 2015
Mushroom girl create clickers. This is canon to TLOU.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 1, 2021 10:26 AM
May 2020
Yaoyorozu was weak man. I'm not satisfied with this defeat. Too many people giving her credits. Only Takoyami pulled the weight.
May 1, 2021 10:54 AM

Mar 2019
I cant be the only one wondering why they're still watching this right?
May 1, 2021 10:58 AM

Dec 2017
this episode was kinda boring. hopefully it gets more interesting later on...
May 1, 2021 11:00 AM
Mar 2021
My boy Tokoyami was hoed today, he should of at least gotten one capture imo. He showed off so many new moves and really improved. Would of been nice if he at least captured the shadow dude.
May 1, 2021 11:08 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was genuinely bad.

So much recap and talking just to waste time. I hate how the writer tries to hype the characters up by having other characters say “They are so strong!”. Show us they are strong, don’t just have a circlejerk session where all the characters are calling each other strong instead of putting in the work to make us believe they are strong.

The fight itself was uninteresting and the animation looked very cheap at points.

I hope the rest of the season is not like this.
May 1, 2021 11:08 AM
Mar 2021
Bem bem razoável, a luta não tem nenhuma parte muito emocionante e ocupou um episódio inteiro, acho que eles podiam ter encurtado um pouco e ter colocado um pouco da próxima
May 1, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2017
Class A lost but they put up a bloody good fight. To be honest, Class B was just better at utilising everyone in their team. Kinoko's quirk seems lame at first (I mean, Mushrooms?!) but she gave us just a hint of what she can really do when she grew the mushrooms 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 Tokoyami's body!

I'm starting to get really pissed off with the way Bones is adapting BNHA now. Why did we need a nearly 5 min recap of what happened last week? It wasn't that long ago! Also the story telling is just like 'this happened, and then this happened'... very sequenced without much oomph. It's breaking my heart cause this should be a fun arc but they aren't animating this in a way that's making the secondary characters shine, which is actually something I love about the manga; Deku's the MC but the others are just as important.
May 1, 2021 12:14 PM

Apr 2020
The Manga guy's quirk is hilarious

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

May 1, 2021 12:52 PM

Feb 2018
So, I didn't liked this episode, because it is clearly forced to give win to the class 1-B. I see that author wanted to break the cliche with letting them win but at the same time since class 1-A obviously better, he didn't wanted them to crush 1-A.

The problem is, there was lots of moments that 1-A could've done something else and won easily and for them to not doing it means breaking their character. For example, if it's Momo we are talking about, she would definitly talk about a plan before the fight and create items for the teammates. And that's just one layer of a plan. In this episode Shoto said Momo thinks lots of layers at the same time so that means she would've take the control easily since enemies are not big threat. Another example is that Tokoyami should have knocked out the enemy. As far as we see Tokoyami isn't a person that underestimates people's power and he is not that soft hearted person because knocking them out is not a big deal. Let's say he didn't and she used mushroom to make breath hard for him. He could've unleashed the Dark Shadow for capturing all three of them.

I hope it will not continue this way.

May 1, 2021 1:31 PM
Mar 2021
it was good but it’s sucks that team A didn’t win they had the upper advantage but the mushroom girl was sneaky person
May 1, 2021 1:41 PM

Sep 2017
Mushroom quirk is pretty interesting. I'm pretty sure what she did was use some kinda mushroom that sucked up oxygen or something but maybe she mad mushrooms grow on his lungs/neck? Pretty OP if you can do that. Just grow a fuckload of shrooms in someone's heart. Seems pretty dead to me.
May 1, 2021 1:48 PM

Sep 2020
this group was tough
May 1, 2021 2:01 PM
Nov 2019
I like how this fight gave everyone a chance to shine, though I'd say Aoyama got the short end.
May 1, 2021 2:04 PM

Oct 2015
Momo was quite dumbed down this episode. Instead of using the Invisible Girl to search for their foes she sent out Tokoyami to aimlessly wander around and lead them right back to her group. Her plan was then to let herself get KO'd so Tokoyami would hopefully win the whole thing by himself. A forced loss by the author to put one in Class B's bag.
May 1, 2021 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
I've always hated comicman, because his quirk just throws the rules around quirks out the window.

I know he's a joke character that's not meant to be matter, but it's annoying that he could effectively just say kaboom and kill everyone.
May 1, 2021 2:13 PM

May 2018
pretty good fight. I was surprised that the class A group lost like that though. The mushroom girl's abilities felt like asspulls tbh. Too bad I can't remember any of the class B people haha

I still wonder how lots of the group B students even got accepted into UA through that test in the first season with their 'support' oriented quirks rather than pure offense.
May 1, 2021 2:47 PM

Jul 2015
Jesus christ... Can someone please tell me how long this boring competition arc will last?

May 1, 2021 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
Can't say that class b winning was unexpected but it was still pretty enjoyable, the mushrooms on your lungs freaked me out tho ngl
May 1, 2021 3:04 PM

Nov 2013
MitchellMi said:
Jesus christ... Can someone please tell me how long this boring competition arc will last?

If i remember correctly it's only half of the season? You can see how many teams are left and so far we had 2 episodes per team so that's how many episodes for this arc are left i suppose
May 1, 2021 3:06 PM
Jan 2021
MitchellMi said:

How in the hell is any of this boring
May 1, 2021 3:07 PM
Jan 2021
Akirarara said:
Yaoyorozu was weak man. I'm not satisfied with this defeat. Too many people giving her credits. Only Takoyami pulled the weight.

First of you spelled Tokoyami name wrong second the entire reason he was able to even find them was because of Momo
May 1, 2021 3:08 PM
Jan 2021
Lussid said:
this episode was kinda boring. hopefully it gets more interesting later on...

What is boring about it seriously
May 1, 2021 3:20 PM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
I really enjoyed this episode, and I like to see that Class B won. It always feels weird when Class A is seen like this unstoppable force that is basically invincible. Really enjoyed the growth that Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu have gone through. Mushroom girl has a really cool quirk, and I found it very cool seeing her secret an potentially deadly weapon. All in all solid episode. Can't wait to see match 3 with Iida and Todoroki. Tetsutetsu might be a real challenge though.
May 1, 2021 3:53 PM
May 2020
if Tokoyami didn't have that dumb bird head I would like him more but I just can't take him seriously lol.

don't stop the biased commentary, fuck class A.
May 1, 2021 4:26 PM

Jan 2013
Momo is such a stupid character. Shes supposed to be smart and she can only come up with shields or canons everytime? lol
May 1, 2021 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
The defeat of class A was very out of the blue, a very tense episode is with several good fights.
May 1, 2021 5:00 PM
Feb 2019
If the girl will literally grow mushrooms in your throat to choke you because "real world has no mercy" or whatever, then why doesn't he just snap her neck or gouge out her eyes with his beak? After all, this is "real world fighting conditions".
May 1, 2021 5:07 PM

Apr 2014
was nice to see this animated all the matches so far have been amazing the matches was also good when read in the manga but the anime versions are even better

with that said just like when i first saw this match in manga form they are so lucky that noone knew mushroom girl could pull that bs off lol but wonder what kind of things she'd be able to do as she improved it though its crazy to even think about it

but yeah great ep this arc is much better in anime form
"one step at a time"
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.