Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2021 1:48 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is probably the best episode of the season so far and it was really what I expected this entire season to be like. Last episode I noted that it would be nice to see more of the cast, especially Thirteen, and it seems like my prayer was answered, thank goodness. That first scene between Seven and Thirteen hit so hard just to then be turned into a hilarious moment, which is typical for this show.

That new character though, The Blind Monk, he is insanely strong. His power seems really similar to Seven's power, controlling his personal items with his mind and is able to change their shapes to his will. He also can see the future though and shoot energy blasts, unlike Seven. He isn't really an antagonist though, but just a noble Gaurdian who foresaw Seven destroying everything.

The monk gives us some neat info about Seven killing the Dragon Guardian a couple of years back. Then we get the huge fight, Chi controlled scissors vs Chi controlled monk beads, Though the weird blade that Thirteen killed Seven with seems to have injured him in some way and caused him to turn devilish, which the monk calls the blade "ancient dark ice" and that it created a beast that lost all senses (apparently it's the notorious secret weapon of XuanWu). Not sure why Thirteen's master would want that to happen, but I guess we will find out later.

While the monk unleashes a devastating wrecking ball sized beads attack, Seven regains his senses and risks his life to save Thirteen. That both was thought impossible to do and was different than what the monk foresaw. Seven's transformation to wild beast alerted many assassins, which I wonder if it will be similar to the scene from the second episode of this season which turned out to be Dai Bo's dream. I did say there that it had a possibility of turning out to be a real occurrence later in the season. The episode ends with a fitting and hauntingly chilling ending theme.

Just two episodes left of this season and it will most likely focus on Seven as he currently is. I hope we get some more characters to make appearances in the final two episode though. I wonder if Thirteen's master tainted Seven since it would be easier to kill the leader of the assassins with Seven causing chaos amongst their ranks or if he just hopes that Seven will kill the leader for him in his enraged state.

All in all, a great episode. It ended off on a nice cliffhanger for the final two episodes and it really delved into Seven's and Thirteen's feelings for each other.
anime-primeApr 23, 2021 1:55 AM
Apr 28, 2021 10:02 AM
Aug 2019
This show has been able to make me laugh, make me sad and excited many times.

Once again I find myself having my heart melted for this show, Seven that had just been affected by a weapon that supposedly should make him lose his sanity and turn him into a beast, and indeed does, Is about to be hit by a huge powerful attack.

He manages to gain just a little bit of control of his enraged body to save 13 during the attack. It's true that you see a lot of anime protagonists placing their friends' lives before their own but despite just being stabbed by 13 he still goes by that and protects her however he could. As it is very known that 13 had feelings for Seven, it really starts showing their connection despite getting to know each other only through the craziest events.

This show is always going to be one of my favourites and a one to remember with that.
May 6, 2021 6:04 AM

Oct 2017
It's a pity that this show is so underrated. This show has a quite good balance of action and comedy. Hope to see more of 13 and 7 relationship
Jun 25, 2021 8:19 AM

Apr 2018
Seven vs the Blind Monk, that was an intense battle. The comedy with 13 before the battle was good. 2 episodes left. Really loving it!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 23, 2021 8:14 PM

May 2019
Man, the ED changed, it is raining now lol

This is a TOP level donghua, amazing being simple, short and enjoyable series, without that excess (of talk, mumbo-jumbo or boring stuff, when not too rushed) we see in much more experienced jp anime industry.
May 7, 2022 3:35 PM
May 2020
thought seven got put in a spliff for a quick second
Sep 9, 2022 9:04 AM

Aug 2020
that was insane! can't wait to see seven finishing off the remaining killers and get a happy ending with thirteen.
Feb 16, 2023 6:01 AM

Mar 2016
This episode is awesome, it's the first time Seven truely gone mad. Ancient Dark Ice is one hell of a drug/potion/poison.

Thirteen's reunion with Seven was bittersweet, thought they met once more, she's tasked to 'stab' Seven. Thankfully, that blade doesn't kill him, SIKE. That blade is some sort of liquid potion or poison that turns the person stabbed with it into an individual with beastly tendencies who would go berserk on any path in its way. If not for Seven's will, he would've just charged right on towards the monk without giving a single consideration for Thirteen's safety.

Why Thirteen's master specifically wanted Seven to undergo this bizzare treatment we do not know. For better or worse, at the very least, Seven would be able to hold off his enemies with this state. Who knows if this is some sort of key to unlocking his combat potential that was sealed within his body since the time of his amnesia.

Notice how the ED changes, the last part of the ED is overcast and raining with Seven standing alone underneath the dark storm... Chilling.
Mar 14, 4:17 PM

May 2021
That monk’s abilities are actually sick
Inhales oxygen
Mar 29, 8:24 PM

Mar 2014
How much of an idiot do you have to be to stab someone in the back and then try to help him? It's not indecisiveness, it's a poorly written character... I hate when the main character is nerfed like that. If not for this stupidity, I would have perceived the episode in a completely different way because the music was great, but I was too annoyed to be hyped.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 10 Discussion

anime-prime - May 6, 2021

22 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 4 Discussion

Xealias - Feb 10, 2021

11 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 29, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 9 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 28, 2021

9 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 6 Discussion

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2021

5 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Wu Liuqi Zhi Xuanwu Guo Pian Episode 1 Discussion

Xealias - Jan 27, 2021

11 by Karva1 »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.