Forum Settings
Forums

Does being a shotacon/ Lolicon mean you like children? (can I use that word?)

New
Apr 14, 2021 11:24 PM
Apr 2021
Recently I have been banned on a website for being a creep because I said I love (the non-sexual motherly love ofc) Yagen from Touken Ranbu and shotas but like I only like them because they are exactly 2D and not 3D with an annoying personality (did I just offend everyone, myself included). I am starting to doubt myself as shotas/traps keep me alive coz they heal the soul or am I just a very bad creep? Hint: I am also a minor so its legal

Edit: I just had a revelation that I just like traps, Shotas are so ugly though Kid Gil (fate kaleid liner prisma illya ver) will always have a special place in my heart.
LittleGreml1nApr 16, 2021 1:17 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 15, 2021 12:14 AM

Aug 2010
I don't think there's nothing wrong with this as long as it's not in a sexual way. I mean you can still like whatever you like but people on the internet these days tend to being touchy almost about anything, even if there's no problem so it's better to be careful in case you want to avoid drama.
Apr 15, 2021 1:41 AM

Mar 2020
As long as you keep it strictly 2D, it's all good.
Apr 15, 2021 2:21 AM

Jun 2011
No they are just fictional characters.
Apr 15, 2021 2:25 AM

Jun 2020
I guess it does? but shotacons/lolicons usually limit it only to 2d, I think...
just a weeb wandering around.

Apr 15, 2021 3:26 AM

Oct 2017
LittleGreml1n said:
Recently I have been banned on a website for being a creep because I said I love (the non-sexual motherly love ofc) Yagen from Touken Ranbu and shotas but like I only like them because they are exactly 2D and not 3D with an annoying personality (did I just offend everyone, myself included). I am starting to doubt myself as shotas/traps keep me alive coz they heal the soul or am I just a very bad creep? Hint: I am also a minor so its legal
Technically both being minors is still illegal.

If you love them because they look and act cute and you want to protect them, not fap to them or have some fetish in real life for people with a child's appearance, then there's nothing wrong with you. That's wholesome.
Apr 15, 2021 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
"Lolicon" is on a specrum, where on one end you have clear as day 2D representations of depictions of children, and on the other end can be representations of petite adult women. In the real world, there are certainly allot of adult women who do have a petite appearance, that's just a fact. But at the end of the day, it's just a drawing, so I find it really hard to even care about those who fall even on the most extreme parts of that spectrum I was talking about. If they do have "issues", at least they're using an outlet.
Apr 15, 2021 4:03 AM
Dec 2017
2d its perfectly fine but in real life 3d is really not good at all. Pat them not lewd them.

Apr 15, 2021 4:53 AM
Oct 2020
being a shotacon has nothing to do with pedophilia, it just means one likes to fight strong opponents
Apr 15, 2021 5:29 AM

Mar 2019
if it's non-sexual as you say it is, it should be fine.
Apr 15, 2021 5:38 AM

Mar 2021
Wtf no ,i personally hate children they are all just a bunch of annoying brats ,I like lolis cause they have the pureness and innocence that expect from a child .also if you are only limiting it to 2D there is nothing wrong with that.and also Pat them not lewd them.
Apr 15, 2021 8:14 AM

Jan 2021
It's fine if it's non-sexual,
I think it should be fine
Apr 15, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 2020
How many threads do you people need to make of this?
Apr 15, 2021 10:02 AM

Dec 2019
Here's the thing, lolis and shotas are 2d, fictional characters. It doesn't matter what you beat your meat to as long as no REAL children are harmed or as long as you're not beating it to real children. Lolis/shotas ≠ children.

Here's another thing. A pedophile may be a lolicon, but a lolicon may not be a pedophile.
Allow me to enlighten you with this super in depth video about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkEUfib6Ju8&ab_channel=%D6%B4
Apr 15, 2021 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
Then stop calling them shotas and lolis if you don't like them in a sexual way, because they are terms specifically meant for sexualized child characters in anime. The word loli comes from lolita complex, derived from the book "Lollita", which is story about a middle aged guy having sexual relationship with a 12 year old girl. And shota is a male equivalent of it (not from the same source ofc).
Apr 15, 2021 6:05 PM

Jan 2020
I guess so. Lolicons/ shotacons have a negative feel to it

Apr 15, 2021 6:32 PM

Jul 2017
You can be a shotacon/lolicon without having any interest in children. Their is an overlap, but one is not always the other. You can think of it as being equivalent to the difference between a furry and a zoophile.
Apr 16, 2021 12:29 AM

Jan 2019
I mean, if you truly just like cute and wholesome children, you're just an average person, not a lolicon/shotacon. I don't know why use that label there.
Apr 16, 2021 1:08 AM
Apr 2021
Sheklon said:
I mean, if you truly just like cute and wholesome children, you're just an average person, not a lolicon/shotacon. I don't know why use that label there.

But shota and loli aren't always children and truly cute and wholesome children doesn't actually exist. e.g. Heine from Royal Tutor (if that is counted hmmm?)
Apr 16, 2021 1:14 AM

Jan 2019
LittleGreml1n said:
But shota and loli aren't always children and truly cute and wholesome children doesn't actually exist. e.g. Heine from Royal Tutor (if that is counted hmmm?)

Good point about age, loli/shota is just minor or resembling minor after all. However, the traits that are appreciated are usually ingenuity, spontaneous cheerfulness, doing cute things etc. which are related to supposed positive traits in real kids/teens.

Wholesome children do exist, but most are just too stupid. Plus, living with children is very different from occasionally interacting with them.
Apr 16, 2021 9:26 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread locked.

Anime Discussion Rules 5: Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Characters born on the same day/month as you ?

Yonahim_Zz - Today

27 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
38 seconds ago

» Do you guys pretend to hate anime? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - May 11

63 by ZachyMoof »»
17 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

67 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
24 minutes ago

» Anime with better sequels than the original

ST63LTH - 41 minutes ago

2 by Daviljoe193 »»
36 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - 7 hours ago

14 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.