Forum Settings
Forums

What anime would you recommend to someone who hates anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2021 6:18 AM

Aug 2019
if my friend hates anime but likes drama series i would suggest violet evergarden or natsume yuujinchou
Apr 5, 2021 6:20 AM

Aug 2016
Probably Attack on Titan, Death Note or Boku no Pico.
Nothing's new under the sun and that's OK.
Apr 5, 2021 6:23 AM
Apr 2021
Firstly I would tell them why do people like watching anime so that he/she can build interest in anime and know that it is interesting and it's much more than just a cartoon. From its incredible storytelling to thrilling action scenes, music, relatable characters, and motivation anime is a league of its own.

Based on the personality type and interest of the person I would recommend a show as anime has a vast genre and caters to all!!
Apr 5, 2021 6:25 AM

Aug 2020
Probably something like death note, attack on titan to give them a feel on how complex a story can be. Or just give him one punch man.
Apr 5, 2021 6:29 AM
Jan 2018
Depends on what exactly he/she hates about anime.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Apr 5, 2021 6:33 AM
Feb 2019
I Guess Kino's Journey Is The Only Answer, Maybe.
Apr 5, 2021 6:59 AM

Aug 2017
Ask the person why he/she doesn't like anime, what he/she likes in fiction in general then go for a good personalised recommendation.
Or name something you really liked and want to share.

Doflamingo45 said:
Akame Ga Kill is one example for me. One of my friends thought anime was childish and he actually genuinely changed his mind when he saw AGK episode 1.

As for what to recommend, show them something super dark and fucked up. Most of the time it's because they think it's for children or they can't get into the animation (even though they loooooove Disney movies)

Being d4rk doesn't make it mature.
And vice versa.
Apr 5, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2019
Monster.

Perfect anime for anyone who doesn't like anime. It's more like a TV show than an anime anyway. The protagonist is the only Japanese one in the entire show and all events happen in Europe. It's as far away from anime tropes as it can get.
Apr 5, 2021 10:31 AM
Mar 2018
Ghost In the Shell(1995) for the cinema buffs and Death Note.

Apr 5, 2021 10:32 AM

Aug 2018
probably some police drama seinen crap but why would I bother trying to create another bad taste anime fan
Apr 5, 2021 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
Depends on what the reason for them hating it is, I guess. It also depends on what media (non-anime, obviously) they like.

If there's seemingly "no reason", my first impression will usually be that they're one of those people who refuse to consume anything from cultures other than their own. Not gonna waste my time or energy.
Apr 5, 2021 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Doflamingo45 said:
Deago said:

From the first episode, your friend thought Akame ga Kill wasn't childish? lol, because that first episode had a quick childish tone whiplash (from sad to funny) by the end of the episode.

I'm just talking in general. A girl torturing travelers and letting them die slowly is not something that is geared towards children.

I guess then they confuse the word "Childish" with "not R Rated or above" or "aimed for children".[/quote]

I guess you're right, but in the manga, a wife and child get raped and murdered overtop their father's grave. That shit was too fucked so that the anime studio didn't include it in the anime.
Apr 5, 2021 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
[quote=Doflamingo45 message=62650491]
Doflamingo45 said:
Deago said:

From the first episode, your friend thought Akame ga Kill wasn't childish? lol, because that first episode had a quick childish tone whiplash (from sad to funny) by the end of the episode.

I'm just talking in general. A girl torturing travelers and letting them die slowly is not something that is geared towards children.

I guess you're right, but in the manga, a wife and child get raped and murdered overtop their father's grave. That shit was too fucked so that the anime studio didn't include it in the anime.

Yes, you can make R-rated content appear childish (aka immature) by showing it but not taking it seriously, for example, by suddenly switching a rape or murder scene into a slapstick comedy, which may turn the story into a dark comedy with childish adult humour.
DeagoApr 5, 2021 1:39 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

4 by Catalano »»
35 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 45 minutes ago

19 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
39 seconds ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

66 by DesolatePsyche »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - Yesterday

19 by alshu »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 28 minutes ago

5 by Tirinchas »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.