Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2021 5:11 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
nice animation on the first episode but then the first season of any anime usually have high quality animation anyway especially the first few episodes of it

Rebecca is sexually assaulted by Shiki there lol

i like the visual and sound effects of the Gravity Ether Gear of Shiki too

yes the raws are out for the first 2 episodes, since there was a pre-screening the other day they said
Mar 29, 2021 7:42 PM
Oct 2020
The episodes are really good... Excited to meet the other crew members.
Mar 30, 2021 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
This ep was really good have a very emmotional end, great introduction to the world. Shiki intrigued me as a character tbh and i guess jc staff has delievered a very good quality ep. The vibes from FT are present but the show also has it's own path to go so that's a very good sign, im very happy that i didn't overlooked it
Mar 30, 2021 2:24 AM

Jun 2019
FINALLY, MASHIMA'S ART STYLE GETTING A GOOD' GOOD ANIMATION I'M CRYING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Rebecca's voice, Happy's voice (lol) and Shiki's voice all sounds perfect!

This was a pretty good first episode adapting the first manga chapter with a decent pace.
Mar 30, 2021 9:18 AM
Mar 2021
This was a good episode, animation/artwork was good but I don’t like the OSTs for the show it’s mad boring compare to Fairy Tail OSTs but other than that good episode Shiki is badass.
Mar 30, 2021 1:03 PM

Jun 2019
Yup.. good old Mashima with his good old fanservice.
Other than that, Shiki wants to make lots of friends because he considers them the most precious. I wonder why's that. LOL.
Rebecca is pretty cute and Happy is Happy. Felt bad for those machines at the end, pretty ironic.
A decent first episode, Animation is good from J.C Staff. I wanna see where his journey takes him.
Mar 30, 2021 1:41 PM

Oct 2019
I liked Michael:(
Breasts are temporary
Michael is eternal:(((
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Mar 30, 2021 2:12 PM
Mar 2020
FairyDeadlySins1 said:
This was a good episode, animation/artwork was good but I don’t like the OSTs for the show it’s mad boring compare to Fairy Tail OSTs but other than that good episode Shiki is badass.

Are the episode 1 and 2 not yet officially released? Because the airing date is 11 April
Mar 30, 2021 2:18 PM

Aug 2020
i liked it, its nice to see it animated
the animation was good too and i really like the voices

Mar 30, 2021 2:50 PM

Jul 2020
Is it just me or does the fmc and happy just look like a copy of lucy and happy from fairy tail or am I missing something?
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 30, 2021 9:41 PM

Jul 2017
Even for the first ep, this adaptation is turning out better than I thought it would lol. Things are actually looking clean.

It's hilarious how Edens Zero is keeping the same "WOW!" sound effect that Fairy Tail spammed to death lmao!

Mikakoshi as Rebecca is just as awakening as I imagined it would be ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's going to be pretty fun to keep up with this and the manga now.

Mar 30, 2021 10:14 PM

Oct 2017
Finally Edens Zero anime is here and this was a good premise. Visuals and animation were nice. Looks like we are in for a great adaptation.

I love the characters. Shiki seems like a nice protag and Rebecca too. She's really cute and ofc we get Happy here too. Mother's a really interesting character too and damn she's so big. Also it's kinda funny that they look like Natsu and Lucy but that's Mashima's way of doing things, he likes reusing his character designs.

First thing Shiki does after meeting Rebecca is touch her and even grope her lol. I mean it's understandable, it's the first time he ever met a human other than him. So he was just trying to verify if she really was a human and doesn't know that he shouldn't grope a girls oppais.

So Shiki's power is gravity ether gear which is proly gonna be op. Also I love that the aura is green colour, it looks cool.

The action scenes were pretty cool and damn the robots had to play the bad guys so that Shiki will leave the planet, that was quite touching. Thou their plan worked and Shiki has finally left the planet with Rebecca and his adventure of making 100 friends finally begins. Dunno if it was OP/ED at the end but that was cool.

Liked the start and this'll be a fun ride for sure, looking forward to more.
Mar 31, 2021 12:20 AM

Mar 2016
I'm disappointed with the episode as it gave away some details which would have been better in the next one. The execution and interaction of characters was also poor and it seems "friendship" is once again the main goal of the anime.

After watching Fairy Tail, this doesn't seem new. And, there wasn't enough impact when Shiki left. It felt totally empty. He had a very weak will to not stay and help his friends one way or the other.

Other than that, I guess I'll keep watching it to see how thing go.
Mar 31, 2021 12:51 AM
May 2018
I'm disappointed with the episode as it gave away some details which would have been better in the next one. The execution and interaction of characters was also poor and it seems "friendship" is once again the main goal of the anime.

After watching Fairy Tail, this doesn't seem new. And, there wasn't enough impact when Shiki left. It felt totally empty. He had a very weak will to not stay and help his friends one way or the other.

Everything is fine with the first episode. He completely adapted the first chapter of the manga. There is nothing superfluous in it.
Friendship in Eden doesn't work the way it does in Fairy Tail.
Mar 31, 2021 1:43 AM

Aug 2017
Looks like a Fairy Tail rip off.

Very based show.

Mar 31, 2021 2:04 AM
Jan 2021
Narukami_Sama said:

Very based show.

um, if this isnt a joke (which I hope it is not a joke) but FYI its made by the some person who made Fairy Tail
Mar 31, 2021 2:04 AM
Jan 2021
And I cant be the only one who thinks that Gray with long hair looks like harmless Madara
Mar 31, 2021 2:24 AM
Oct 2020
Narukami_Sama said:

Very based show.

Lol. I would definitely agree with you if you read the manga..but i guess not.
Mar 31, 2021 4:31 AM

Aug 2017
Im just gonna say, even knowing this was written by the Fairy Tail Author Im still absolutely amazed by how unoriginal this show...
Mar 31, 2021 4:42 AM

Aug 2017
Well I mean beside the obvious copyying of character designs from Fairy Tail which I dont even mind I guess its just that the show looks very unappealing to me. A typical shounen character whose a perverted retard and also "obviously" a very nice guy, thats the kind of character I hate most. The typical girl that is drawn to be as thicc as possible with not other character trait than having big tits and I guess in this case wanting followers onine and then Happy who is a fine mascot I guess but nothing more.
Also Im relatively confident I know the gist of what the story and plot will be like and I dont wanna waste my time with that.
Mar 31, 2021 5:21 AM
Jan 2020
FateXBlood said:

Other than that, I guess I'll keep watching it to see how things go.

if you just read the manga, you probably change your opinion on this
believe me is so different than fairy tail
the only connect between them is the character design
Mar 31, 2021 5:40 AM
Feb 2021
FzBlade said:
Well I mean beside the obvious copyying of character designs from Fairy Tail which I dont even mind I guess its just that the show looks very unappealing to me. A typical shounen character whose a perverted retard and also "obviously" a very nice guy, thats the kind of character I hate most. The typical girl that is drawn to be as thicc as possible with not other character trait than having big tits and I guess in this case wanting followers onine and then Happy who is a fine mascot I guess but nothing more.
Also Im relatively confident I know the gist of what the story and plot will be like and I dont wanna waste my time with that.

You are in a wrong genre dude. Why do you want an edgy mc in an adventure and friendship themed anime? Besides,being confident about a plot just by watching first ep is bs. Most anime don't establish goals and stories in ep 1, it will likely develop in the future eps. Besides, EZ's mysteries are the charm of the series. It is the reason that manga readers are still attached to it.
Mar 31, 2021 5:43 AM

Feb 2014
Ah yes Eden's Zero has begun. I love how they went with the OG Fairytail animations and even similar BGM vibes. Can't wait for more of Shiki's journey.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 31, 2021 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Part of the robots was very sad, I really liked the new Hiro anime.
Mar 31, 2021 7:22 AM

Mar 2020
FateXBlood said:

You are judging anime with only one episode man Atleast wait till few episodes maybe it will get better

Seiba Supremacy 🛐
Mar 31, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2011
Very fast start overall, I like character design.

Some drama in start and funny moments, very common start for an shounen.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 31, 2021 8:19 AM
Dec 2020
Very good! Good plot twist
Mar 31, 2021 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
meh another boring Fairy Tail first drop as I excepted
Mar 31, 2021 9:08 AM
Apr 2020
Happy's VA is still the same. Rebecca looks like Lucy. Shiki resembles Gajeel at first solely because of hair (lol) then Gray after the haircut. Ahhhh watching this feels nostalgic, I miss Fairy Tail.

But, Edens Zero surely has its own strengths. Episode 1 is a roller coaster of emotion. I actually thought thqt the Granbell Machines were infected by a virus but they only did it just to make sure that Shiki will leave Granbell and explore the universe. And all the Machines are smiling after Shiki left. Awwww. T_T

I must say, the Ether Gear and Shiki's abilities are so cool, amazing animation!

I'm definitely looking forward to Shiki, Rebecca and Happy adventures in space. Them encountering the golden dragon in the beginning is so symbolic, just like how Ash met Ho-oh. That dragon is big but there's a bigger entity possibly controlling the universe! This is so fascinating so far!

Ao_SkyMar 31, 2021 9:16 AM
Mar 31, 2021 11:05 AM
May 2014
i was about to drop this until....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2021 11:22 AM

Sep 2019
They all look similar to Fairy Tail's characters, it's almost like he planned them to be in the same manga/anime. I'm not sure if I like the story but Rebecca is HOT.
Mar 31, 2021 11:31 AM

Nov 2014
i hope this is not gonna be an 12-episodes anime. i waited for this for so long ! i'm really excited to see how this series will turn out to be.
Mar 31, 2021 12:14 PM

Jun 2019
NatsuDragneel12 said:
i hope this is not gonna be an 12-episodes anime. i waited for this for so long ! i'm really excited to see how this series will turn out to be.

It's actually gonna be a 2-cour show that means 24/25 episodes.
Mar 31, 2021 12:16 PM

Nov 2014
Pre_Yum said:
NatsuDragneel12 said:

It's actually gonna be a 2-cour show that means 24/25 episodes.
that's still too bad i would have thought of at least 50 episodes man :( oh well i ll just have to read the manga then
Mar 31, 2021 12:27 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was pretty well done, it adapted the manga fantastically, followed it pretty well, the animation was good, I liked it, it got off a pretty nice start. I also like how they established Shiki's fear of bugs from the get go lol, that was a really cool change that makes tgis episode even better as both an anime and as an adaptation
Mar 31, 2021 12:30 PM

Aug 2020
I think is not bad and funny thou.

Shiki is kidda Miliodas vibe I like it

Mar 31, 2021 12:50 PM
Mar 2021
FzBlade said:

Shiki is not perverted and does not continue that behavior later in the series. Rebecca and Happy's back story is literally in episode 2 and they get a lot more character development further in the series. And I honestly do not believe you know where the series is going based on what you said.
Mar 31, 2021 1:05 PM
Dec 2020
FzBlade said:
Well I mean beside the obvious copyying of character designs from Fairy Tail which I dont even mind I guess its just that the show looks very unappealing to me. A typical shounen character whose a perverted retard and also "obviously" a very nice guy, thats the kind of character I hate most.

What part of hasn't ever met any human before so he doesn't know social conventions and norms do you fail to understand?

He was literally a space mowgli. He couldn't have known that touching breasts is frowned upon. He wasn't even lecherous about it, just curious, and never continued it in future.

Also how can you judge an anime based on first episode, which you haven't even watched completely?
Thetis-ZetaMar 31, 2021 1:11 PM
Mar 31, 2021 1:14 PM

Aug 2017
Thetis-Zeta said:

What part of hasn't ever met any human before so he doesn't know social conventions and norms do you fail to understand.

He was literally a space mowgli. He couldn't have known that touching breasts is frowned upon. He wasn't even lecherous about it, just curious.

Well... First of all he was raised by robots who probably know atleast some human convention. And unlike for example Goku he doesnt play it of as just being curious but he literally jumps at her only focusing on her tits and panties not the fact that he just saw a human being for the first time. Ergo Im gonna call retarded fanservice.

Anyway m tired of arguing with people and yes you can definetly see if an anime is not for you from one episode and you probably cant rate a series from the first episode but you very often can get quite a good grasp on what kind of range in terms of quality an anime will fall into. And this one falls into pretty bad for me atleast. Also I wouldnt agree that FMAs first episode, in both adaptions, was bad
Mar 31, 2021 1:15 PM

Jun 2014
Seeing all these arguments throughout the thread was an entertaining read lmaoooo.

Onto the actual episode, pretty textbook start for an adventure shounen. We got black-haired Natsu meeting not-Lucy and Happy and now the 3 of them are off to have fun space adventures.

I swear when this adaptation first got announced I was hoping that they would have used Natsu and Lucy's VAs for Shiki and Rebecca lol, if they actually did that it would have been so hilarious.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 31, 2021 1:38 PM
Dec 2020
FzBlade said:
Thetis-Zeta said:

What part of hasn't ever met any human before so he doesn't know social conventions and norms do you fail to understand.

He was literally a space mowgli. He couldn't have known that touching breasts is frowned upon. He wasn't even lecherous about it, just curious.

Well... First of all he was raised by robots who probably know atleast some human convention. And unlike for example Goku he doesnt play it of as just being curious but he literally jumps at her only focusing on her tits and panties not the fact that he just saw a human being for the first time. Ergo Im gonna call retarded fanservice.

Watch again. He first touches, measures and stretches her face, and after that he moves down to the chest, an act for which he gets beaten down. He literally never focused on her tits and panties. It was just next in line in her body while he was checking it out, because he hasn't met any human ever in his life. Ergo you've either not watched anything or you forgot. He is simply curious about her.

Yes, bots have taught him that there are humans and they have 2 genders but beyond that why would they even teach about the norms? Norms are understood and taught through social interactions, something Shiki lacks.

Its fine to not like something or have a different opinion. I'm not criticizing you on that. I for example don't like Naruto. I just said give it a watch before saying it as garbage.

But my problem was with you calling him a pervert. There's a fine line of difference between not liking something and being disingenuous. You're on the latter side of the line, with your proclamation of him being a pervert.

Also what does FMA have to do with anything I said?

FzBlade said:

Anyway m tired of arguing with people and yes you can definetly see if an anime is not for you from one episode and you probably cant rate a series from the first episode but you very often can get quite a good grasp on what kind of range in terms of quality an anime will fall into. And this one falls into pretty bad for me atleast. Also I wouldnt agree that FMAs first episode, in both adaptions, was bad

That's literally not true. For example plot twists and turns are literally by their nature not something you can predict and get a good grasp of initially. Not at the least by just watching a single episode. This story has quite a lot of those. And its pretty interesting so far, I for one dismissed at first thinking it'd be like Fairy Tail, but gave it a try later on due to my brother's insistence. And I quite liked it.

Tldr- The actual meat of the story is quite different from the inital chapter/episode.
Thetis-ZetaMar 31, 2021 2:12 PM
Mar 31, 2021 1:51 PM

Aug 2020
Looking forward to this show, it has an interesting premise.
Mar 31, 2021 6:09 PM

Aug 2020
This episode was interesting. Here we have an insight about their goals, that are simple at first sight, but are still captivating and funny. I hope this anime will be on my top 10 of the year, it looks promising. I hope it will be a big story, with more than 100 episodes. Let the journey begin.

Mar 31, 2021 7:08 PM
Oct 2018
No wonder i feel familiar when i saw the characters.It is from the author who created fairy tail lmaooo
Mar 31, 2021 7:28 PM

Mar 2020
The Fairy Tail vibes are strong! The first episode reminded me of many different moments in Fairy Tail. This definitely is going to be one big nostalgia trip!
Mar 31, 2021 7:34 PM

Jan 2020
I'm not too sold so far. It feels like fairy tail and the characters and comedy aren't really hitting sadly. I'm expecting it to get better though since this was only the very start

Mar 31, 2021 7:37 PM
Oct 2020
[quote=ManWild message=62575102]I'm not too sold so far. It feels like fairy tail and the characters and comedy aren't really hitting sadly. I'm expecting it to get better though since this was only the very start

Im glad you will watch it. Did u watch the ep 2?
Mar 31, 2021 7:38 PM
Feb 2021
Fairy tail in space
Mar 31, 2021 7:42 PM
Mar 2015
Nice of the robots to get Shiki off the planet
Apr 1, 2021 1:44 AM

Oct 2018
Cool episode but I'm not very fan of the OST for the moment. Will wait for the next episode to see if it will be better.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

45 by nessflamvell1992 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

50 by amf85 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

33 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

123 by NatsuDragneel33 »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

82 by Ichigo28582 »»
Jun 29, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.