Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2021 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And down to the forgettable bin, it goes.

Liked the first half but either Author or editor has a change of mind for the 2nd half of the story which makes it pretty much a long angst story.
Mar 28, 2021 9:02 PM

Dec 2009
I've really enjoyed first half of this story, but in the end this felt like a such yuri bait.
Mar 29, 2021 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
Adion222 said:
I've really enjoyed first half of this story, but in the end this felt like a such yuri bait.

I don't mind if the author didn't go for Yuri but we forgot their friendship supposed to be genuine and heartwarming but the last few volumes are way filled with too many dramas, even the ending is being Vague about it. The author finally takes "You used to be like that salamander" (LOL) with all the melodramatic tones.
And the resolution honestly wasn't great at all. No Hugs(girls normally do physical contact especially to close friends, most of my girl friends do this whenever we meet), no feeling reaffirmation (despite being harsh on the drama), no handshakes, nothing.
We just got them talking about things that not necessarily needed for their character progress.

The author wanted to make the coming of an age story (and believe me we all are experienced this in our lifetime and mine including my girl friends most definitely doesn't look like this).
Mar 29, 2021 7:26 PM

Dec 2009
Xaelath said:
Adion222 said:

I don't mind if the author didn't go for Yuri but we forgot their friendship supposed to be genuine and heartwarming but the last few volumes are way filled with too many dramas, even the ending is being Vague about it. The author finally takes "You used to be like that salamander" (LOL) with all the melodramatic tones.
And the resolution honestly wasn't great at all. No Hugs(girls normally do physical contact especially to close friends, most of my girl friends do this whenever we meet), no feeling reaffirmation (despite being harsh on the drama), no handshakes, nothing.
We just got them talking about things that not necessarily needed for their character progress.

The author wanted to make the coming of an age story (and believe me we all are experienced this in our lifetime and mine including my girl friends most definitely doesn't look like this).

To be honest I've felt this got more and more pretentious with that Frog and Salamander analogy that Imho didn't go anywhere in the end.

I wouldn't mind just the yuri bait (altough it did disappoint me as I've started reading this with expectations of Shoujo ai - that's on me I suppose) but the constant back and forth of misunderstandings, shifting focus to Kaede ( I think that was her name ) pointless melodrama and vague ending that didn't conclude almost anything at all made me really dislike it.

Mar 30, 2021 6:33 PM

Aug 2014
Adion222 said:
Xaelath said:

To be honest I've felt this got more and more pretentious with that Frog and Salamander analogy that Imho didn't go anywhere in the end.

I wouldn't mind just the yuri bait (altough it did disappoint me as I've started reading this with expectations of Shoujo ai - that's on me I suppose) but the constant back and forth of misunderstandings, shifting focus to Kaede ( I think that was her name ) pointless melodrama and vague ending that didn't conclude almost anything at all made me really dislike it.

About half of the readers from MD and Dynasty had the same thought including me.

The Frog and Salamander analogy only reached in the early volumes until they forgot about it but slapped it again near the climax.

The constant back and forth of misunderstanding seem like the major problem around volume 5-7.
Not entirely sure why the author defines a relationship as a rigid breadstick when being friends is what flexibility was about.

The ending is Vague but I think the author just simply wanted to show "Look at how my characters have progressed" with the Frog/Salamander analogy while also describing it poorly.

Well, in case you're interested to see the author's next work they seem to announce it later
As for me, I'll follow the work but expecting the nothing from it.
Mar 31, 2021 12:06 AM
Aug 2020
Damn, I'm about 20 chapters in and the replies are pretty discouraging so far since I did start Nettaigyo to read a new Yuri series.
Mar 31, 2021 6:07 AM
Aug 2016
Yes, Its very Sad.. I hope koyuko and konatsu can go become closer at the end, and maybe make a confession of love or something. This is not True Yuri Manga, This is Only Yuri bait i think.

But I can Feel the emotional, their deep feeling, but why? Why Koyuki and Konatsu just endup being a "just friend"

Ah, I very dissapointed. This is so sad, I can't stop thinking about it 😭
Mar 31, 2021 9:21 AM

Aug 2014
Altryve said:
Damn, I'm about 20 chapters in and the replies are pretty discouraging so far since I did start Nettaigyo to read a new Yuri series.

You made a huge mistake reading it for yuri.
Based on half of the volumes which is around your chapter should be enough to say that author tries to keep thing as just friendship but went overhead with the angst and dramas which creates this confusion and disappointment, to begin with.

Shimarin13 said:
Yes, Its very Sad.. I hope koyuko and konatsu can go become closer at the end, and maybe make a confession of love or something. This is not True Yuri Manga, This is Only Yuri bait i think.

But I can Feel the emotional, their deep feeling, but why? Why Koyuki and Konatsu just endup being a "just friend"

Ah, I very dissapointed. This is so sad, I can't stop thinking about it 😭

It's not exactly Yuri bait.
The ending somehow implies they may have a special relationship than just being a friend with all those melodramatic things.
Either author had a change of mind during the middle of the story or the editor did.

Then about half of the story, the author did decide that it was not a yuri manga but for a coming of an age manga.
A coming of age but done so poorly that it consists of a stiff relationship and not being able to move on properly then the author just shrug it off with "Okay I am done sulking with the power of friendship"
XaelathMar 31, 2021 9:26 AM
Apr 27, 2021 12:46 PM
Mar 2018
hmm.... coudl've used a bit of yuri at least in the end. I know there was a conclusion but it felt not much of a conclusion at all. Everyone goes their way, the two mains maybe together and everyone has smiles on their faces...
not bad, but a bit too much drama over nothing...
Apr 29, 2021 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
and so it ends.............thou honestly I'm still couldn't figure out what this manga is all about.

probably would forget this manga in a few months.

English is my second language
May 27, 2021 5:54 PM

Apr 2014
finally i can say im done with this stupid series....

dont get me wrong i loved it at first then the series just felt like it was just dragging on dumb shit and then the only thing that kept me reading was hope that it would turn full Yuri in which ..... never happened

so in the end this series was a complete waste of time

but least now i can say im finally done with this series
"one step at a time"
Jul 9, 2021 4:33 AM

Dec 2013
i just finished reading this and saw that its not actually shoujo ai because the author said its not shoujo ai even tho its that on mal. However in a chapter one of the mc's takes a picture of the other mc sleeping, she blushes when someone says shes going on a date with her, and she gets flustered around her a lot and thinks of her. Is it just me or is this author stupid? I mean most 'friendships' dont involve a friend taking pictures of their sleeping friend and blushing...or even getting flustered when going out with said friend. Kinda is a slap on the face when the author is trying to force you to see friendship when its clearly more than that. This could have been an amazing series if the author just took a better route, heck made them get together after a year or two. Would of made a better ending than this rubbish tbh. Still gave it a 7 as i did enjoy it however it would have got a 9 if it was more shoujo ai and a well better ending than just 'oh friends' i really did wish we saw them together...ah well. When i first read the first couple chapters i wanted this an anime but now i dont unless they change the ending. >_< this chapter really did make me not like this manga as much as i could have :/
CanaanJul 9, 2021 4:43 AM

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Jul 11, 2021 4:20 AM

Aug 2014
Canaan said:
i just finished reading this and saw that its not actually shoujo ai because the author said its not shoujo ai even tho its that on mal. However in a chapter one of the mc's takes a picture of the other mc sleeping, she blushes when someone says shes going on a date with her, and she gets flustered around her a lot and thinks of her. Is it just me or is this author stupid? I mean most 'friendships' dont involve a friend taking pictures of their sleeping friend and blushing...or even getting flustered when going out with said friend. Kinda is a slap on the face when the author is trying to force you to see friendship when its clearly more than that. This could have been an amazing series if the author just took a better route, heck made them get together after a year or two. Would of made a better ending than this rubbish tbh. Still gave it a 7 as i did enjoy it however it would have got a 9 if it was more shoujo ai and a well better ending than just 'oh friends' i really did wish we saw them together...ah well. When i first read the first couple chapters i wanted this an anime but now i dont unless they change the ending. >_< this chapter really did make me not like this manga as much as i could have :/

Please don't use "Shoujo Ai" for either a Yuri bait or somewhat gay but not go full with it.

The problem this manga has was the author showing way too many flags for the relationship to go beyond a normal friendship or between Senpai/Kouhai thing despite insisting that it was not Yuri manga.

Another issue that the author failed to tackles was the story. It doesn't know exactly what it tries to tell.
The author mentioned that the story would be about the coming of An Age. But that wasn't exactly what happened in the manga. Instead, we get these date scenes, overly angst and rigid friendship, and a girl who just can't move on with her life despite being shown from the first half of manga that she's slowly changing and more open up to people around her.

By the end of the story, we get exactly nothing memorable about this manga. At least that was my impression after reading this manga.
Even crap like citrus or Netsuzou Trap gets it right about what it tries to tell.
Jul 11, 2021 6:26 AM

Dec 2013
Xaelath said:
Canaan said:

Please don't use "Shoujo Ai" for either a Yuri bait or somewhat gay but not go full with it.

The problem this manga has was the author showing way too many flags for the relationship to go beyond a normal friendship or between Senpai/Kouhai thing despite insisting that it was not Yuri manga.

Another issue that the author failed to tackles was the story. It doesn't know exactly what it tries to tell.
The author mentioned that the story would be about the coming of An Age. But that wasn't exactly what happened in the manga. Instead, we get these date scenes, overly angst and rigid friendship, and a girl who just can't move on with her life despite being shown from the first half of manga that she's slowly changing and more open up to people around her.

By the end of the story, we get exactly nothing memorable about this manga. At least that was my impression after reading this manga.
Even crap like citrus or Netsuzou Trap gets it right about what it tries to tell.

It says shoujo ai on the tags and i know what shoujo ai is so i can use it however i like. Dont like it? Well good for you then. Shrug. Im done, gl.
CanaanJul 11, 2021 7:07 AM

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Jun 23, 2022 4:47 PM

Feb 2020
Wtf 😭 why does this manga have a girls love tag. I got baited so hard it's downright homophobic. 30+ chapters of melodrama and an overused metaphor about loneliness and not a single fucking kiss 😭. "girls love" more like girls being sad and lonely and bad at communication
ponpokorinJun 23, 2022 4:50 PM
Jun 26, 2022 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
ponpokorin said:
Wtf 😭 why does this manga have a girls love tag. I got baited so hard it's downright homophobic. 30+ chapters of melodrama and an overused metaphor about loneliness and not a single fucking kiss 😭. "girls love" more like girls being sad and lonely and bad at communication

I mean look above you guess why this GL bait exists and the friendship route is just laughably unrealistic.

The manga used to be very popular until the Author calls the reader during the interview that it's a story about coming of age which mentions it won't have any romance when the jealousy was hinted at multiple times in the story.

In the end, the story kind of bricked and left many people disappointed as none of it was about proper friendship, no GFL, not even the coming of age topic that the author trying to tell the reader.
Jun 26, 2022 10:49 AM

Feb 2020
Xaelath said:
ponpokorin said:

I mean look above you guess why this GL bait exists and the friendship route is just laughably unrealistic.

The manga used to be very popular until the Author calls the reader during the interview that it's a story about coming of age which mentions it won't have any romance when the jealousy was hinted at multiple times in the story.

In the end, the story kind of bricked and left many people disappointed as none of it was about proper friendship, no GFL, not even the coming of age topic that the author trying to tell the reader.

Damn, the beginning of the manga seemed to me like it was definitely going down the romantic route, just that the two MCs hadn't worked through their feelings yet. I almost thought that the author might have changed their mind about the direction of the story. But I guess that was on purpose, so that the author could mislead the audience. You're right, it really doesn't work as anything besides queer bait.
Jun 27, 2022 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
ponpokorin said:
Xaelath said:

Damn, the beginning of the manga seemed to me like it was definitely going down the romantic route, just that the two MCs hadn't worked through their feelings yet. I almost thought that the author might have changed their mind about the direction of the story. But I guess that was on purpose so that the author could mislead the audience. You're right, it really doesn't work as anything besides queer bait.

I mean this Review explains every frustration that the reader has while reading the manga.

and this Amazon JP on the final volume Review also explains that the Japanese fans themselves either hate or felt indifference towards the ending.
Sep 11, 2022 8:34 PM
Sep 2022
Honestly, I enjoyed most of It. Just disappointed this was such a big yuri bait, they need to reconsider adding the Shoujo Ai tag...
Jul 27, 2023 1:34 PM

Aug 2008
The main emotion I felt after finishing this manga was simply frustration.  I can't see this as anything other than yuri bait, every interaction between these two girls indicated a relationship that would progress to a romantic one, not simple friendship.  Yet even if it can be argued that there is no romance here I can't get behind how this "friendship" was developed either.  Author spent much more time having the characters be apart from each other than actually developing a bond with each other.  I wanted to feel for them, I really did but I simply felt hollow and then the pair separates at the end, what is basically a goodbye, with a single visit later on.  I might actually feel more for the supporting cast than the two leads!  Certainly the parents had to put up with the constant teenage sighing only for it to come to nothing anyway. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

5 by elgatosaika »»
Mar 20, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru Chapter 4 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Apr 18, 2018

5 by Hayley2877 »»
Jan 9, 2023 7:04 AM

Poll: » Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

4 by Hayley2877 »»
Oct 31, 2022 6:17 AM

Poll: » Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru Chapter 2 Discussion

luinthoron - Apr 14, 2018

6 by Hayley2877 »»
Oct 31, 2022 3:11 AM

Poll: » Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru Chapter 1 Discussion

luinthoron - Apr 10, 2018

4 by Hayley2877 »»
Oct 28, 2022 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.