Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 27, 2021 10:06 AM

Jun 2011
Those sweeet, sweet fights were out of this world. It was amazing seeing those static action panels animated into fluid action scenes.
Mar 27, 2021 10:07 AM

Jan 2021

sure thing bud‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
smile B)
Mar 27, 2021 10:28 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
As an anime, it doesn’t do anything revolutionary. But as a shounen? Freaking SOLID bro. It does everything it needs to do right, and then blows it out of the water. Characters, fun, animation, I don’t even need to say anything. It just gets the job done x10 and makes all other shounen sit down

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 27, 2021 10:39 AM

Nov 2010
DeepRiver said:
Orochiro said:
It's a very solid battle shounen anime with great production value much like KNY and BHA. I personally don't find any of these three to be on the level of HxH, OP or FMA but I would say that JJK comes closest to them because it has the most interesting special power concept/system and the lowest number of obnoxious characters (pretty much just Toudou and another yet to be revealed character from the manga). Would easily recommend it to anyone who likes the genre.

Im kinda curious about what character yet to be revealed do you mean because none comes to mind tbh and i find Todo to be one of the best and most memorable/charming characters imo, he is soo far away from being a Bakugo, Mineta or a Zenitsu.

Oh I just don't like characters like him in general. He is an eccentric character that some people probably find charismatic, funny and badass but to me he just comes off as cringy, unfunny and clumsy. My opinion of him improved during the ending of the Shibuya arc though, and I think that his innate jujutsu technique is pretty nice. The other character I find annoying is
but neither of them are as insufferable as Mineta, Aoyama, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Bakugo for example.
Mar 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Mar 2018
Started out good but quickly devolved into just fighting for the sake of fighting. Dropped this shit for good. That's all.
Mar 27, 2021 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
It was okay, definitely carried by the animation a lot. But the fights felt kinda bland, I was getting hyped more in Mushoku Tensei where fights were much shorter than here.
Kimetsu no Yaiba had much better fights than Jujutsu, however the comedy there was the worst one I've ever seen.
Rhaegar0Jun 22, 2021 4:09 PM
Mar 27, 2021 11:49 AM

Jan 2020
Is it though? I have my doubts.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 27, 2021 12:01 PM

Jan 2010
This is the shounen that I've been missing for a long time. So I agree, it's a damn good shounen.
Mar 27, 2021 12:21 PM
Jul 2019
Progyan said:
I would just like to say that comparing it with Death note and AoT is not a good comparison as they are not battle shonens.

Just gonna correct a mistake here, AOT is a battle shonen. It is published in a Monthly Shonen Magazine for a shonen demographic. It involves fighting titans and other people to progress the storyline, and while it has some mature themes often not present in other battle shonen, it is most definitely one.

Death Note on the other hand, while not being a battle shonen, is also a shonen manga published in Weekly Shonen Magazine for a shonen demographic.
Mar 27, 2021 12:49 PM
Jul 2016
Rhaegar0 said:
It was okay, definitely carried by animation a lot. But the fights felt kinda bland, I was getting hyped more in Mushoku Tensei where fights were much shorter than here.
Kimetsu no Yaiba had much better fights than Jujutsu, however the comedy there was the worst one I've ever seen.

Eh, i respectfully disagree regarding the fights, i know at the end of the day is a matter of preferences, but i really believe JJK fights are far superior than KnY. There is far more variety of habilities and their usage, a more though out power system, more ambitious choreography, and overall more tactical and complexity in them, animation is just the cherry on the cake.

KnY fights are great, but are kind of repetitive (specially in the manga, where most of the panelling quite dull) everything is reduced to "something something slash" or "something something lightning slash" or get beat up and then "something random flashback something fire slash" , it doesnt help that there is a lot of exposition for such simple actions.
Mar 27, 2021 12:55 PM

Nov 2020
It's good, but not great. Considering the hype, I definitely expected more

How tf is this show #32 here and #19 on Anilist? People think this is a god tier anime or something?

Props to whoever is doing the OST work
Mar 27, 2021 1:12 PM

Jan 2009
It wasn't really unique in any way but it was still done incredibly well. JJK on its own is fine, the characters are great, the story is really good despite not being the most unique in some ways. As for the anime, it was done extremely well. The pacing was well done, the voice acting was great, the art and animation was really nice too. My only complaint would be the music/OSTs, which was kinda mediocre tbh. Overall great show though, despite not being the most unique
Mar 27, 2021 1:37 PM

Dec 2019
Merdi2001 said:
TheGuiltMan said:

@xx_ibrahimd_xx

I found the fights to be good especially Maki's fight but

everyone in the show acts so badass that its hard to like at times its probably why useless miwa is my favorite character cause she actually admits to being useless and weak and gets as depressed as much she simps over Gojou

also on Gojou I found him to be way to talkative that it became slightly annoying but he still was relatively okay in my books and I liked this scene with him

I really really just wish most of the characters didn't act 100% badass all the time it feels like their is literally no character personality balance everyone is a badass, hardass, smartass, jackass, or asshole in JJK

which is why I really like Miwa only person I relate to on that show
. Those that you say to none without, they have more characterization than the character of the August who apart from the drama politico does not have any more writing, jjk here what of the exorcists a profession which makes mad

I never said the characters are badly written or characterized dude I just feel like theirs a total lack of character balance that’s different than saying oh a character has bad writing it’s just that tit just feels like every character is badass and it bores me
Me their is no balance of personalities among characters something that even demon slayer had

Also I never said none of them had characters or personalities just that theirs a lack of balance in the show
Mar 27, 2021 2:07 PM

Nov 2010
DeepRiver said:
KnY fights are great, but are kind of repetitive (specially in the manga, where most of the panelling quite dull) everything is reduced to "something something slash" or "something something lightning slash" or get beat up and then "something random flashback something fire slash" , it doesnt help that there is a lot of exposition for such simple actions.

The thing is that the breathing styles in KNY are basically just different sword techniques with nothing supernatural to them so they end up being different types of strikes/slashes numbered 1 to X. I also find them very boring and inconsistent because at times it is stated that they have some actual elemental effects even when used by humans (for demons it's understandable), but those effects are almost never properly explained (i.e. how is the water/lightning/fire and so on actually generated?).
Mar 27, 2021 2:41 PM

May 2018
If JJK was a seinen then I think it will be more enjoyable. I like it but I feel more action less comedy wise. That is just how I feel.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 27, 2021 4:34 PM

Dec 2020
Bloomberry said:
I didn't like it because it is trash and it is boring.
You could at least elaborate your opinion but whatever
Mar 27, 2021 4:50 PM

Jul 2013
i think it's a great shounen show

it takes some of the usual shounen tropes and executes them well

wish there were more downtime and slower pacing, more interactions between the trio, but i know people would also call it boring if there were too much SoL stuff between hype arcs.
Mar 27, 2021 6:27 PM
Nov 2016
Bloomberry said:

Fuck you, The Promised Neverland Season 2 is very overrated, pointless, underwhelming and get hate by people which getting lower score rating (I say it has only 6.12 score rating) than Jujutsu Kaisen TV anime 8.76 MAL score rating I've seen! You think JJK is trash and boring anime? I don't get your post forum despite you dislike it and you will become TPN2 trashy and cringy anime level. Troll and cringe forum lol..

The Promised Neverland Season 2 is one of the worst and huge disappointment of the anime year 2021. Here is TPN2 MAL uninspired and underwhelming score rating with negative and unfavorable anime review:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/39617/Yakusoku_no_Neverland_2nd_Season

Everyone has shared own opinions and not full of people like JJK, but I believe that it will become successful and epic fight moments such as Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and Vinland Saga since it's finished airing and already to produce prequel anime is Jujutsu Kaisen 0 anime movie.
Bore55Mar 27, 2021 6:37 PM
Mar 27, 2021 6:29 PM

Apr 2020
It's a decent one. Fun to watch but there's nothing beyond that and I'd probably never rewatch it. If there's a second season, I'd probably invest time in it though.

beep boop bop pow
Mar 27, 2021 6:43 PM

Jan 2019
11_BlueSky said:
X-Disaster said:
It's a good anime but it's not thaat good , it's just average ... (in my opinion)
Story : 4
Characters : 7
Animation : 9
don't worry the story in s2 gonna change your rating number from 4 to 10/10.

I hope so , the story actually got better by time , but at the first +10 episodes) it was so generic , predictable and boring (extroverted mc , cold introverted rival , mc gains power and becomes half human half demon ...)
Mar 27, 2021 6:46 PM

Jul 2020
Bore55 said:
Bloomberry said:

Fuck you, The Promised Neverland Season 2 is very overrated, pointless, underwhelming and get hate by people which getting lower score rating (I say it has only 6.12 score rating) than Jujutsu Kaisen TV anime 8.76 MAL score rating I've seen! You think JJK is trash and boring anime? I don't get your post forum despite you dislike it and you will become TPN2 trashy and cringy anime level. Troll and cringe forum lol..

The Promised Neverland Season 2 is one of the worst and huge disappointment of the anime year 2021. Here is TPN2 MAL uninspired and underwhelming score rating with negative and unfavorable anime review:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/39617/Yakusoku_no_Neverland_2nd_Season

Everyone has shared own opinions and not full of people like JJK, but I believe that it will become successful and epic fight moments such as Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and Vinland Saga since it's finished airing and already to produce prequel anime is Jujutsu Kaisen 0 anime movie.

Yeah but the problem is that JJK is a 8.76 mean score yet it's still trash and boring. I don't give a shit about TPN S2 so idk why you bring that up.
Mar 27, 2021 7:38 PM
Mar 2020
I want more of JJK anime. Good thing that they will adapt Volume 0. MAPPA and Gege Akutami-Sensei have a good combination. They made a total masterpiece. I can't wait for the movie.
Mar 27, 2021 8:03 PM
Dec 2017
Well you like ok so then good for you.

Mar 27, 2021 8:26 PM

Nov 2009
Yes. Yes it is a damn good shounen.
Mar 27, 2021 8:36 PM
Jan 2020
i think this anime can better than kimetsu no yaiba if this not presentation gojou sataru (my grammar is wrong a little bit)
Mar 27, 2021 9:28 PM
Oct 2020
FluffyNiccu said:
Progyan said:
I would just like to say that comparing it with Death note and AoT is not a good comparison as they are not battle shonens.

Just gonna correct a mistake here, AOT is a battle shonen. It is published in a Monthly Shonen Magazine for a shonen demographic. It involves fighting titans and other people to progress the storyline, and while it has some mature themes often not present in other battle shonen, it is most definitely one.

Death Note on the other hand, while not being a battle shonen, is also a shonen manga published in Weekly Shonen Magazine for a shonen demographic.
I know that both are shonen but I don't agree with you saying that AoT is a battle shonen. It was a battle shonen when it first started now it's not. Atleast that's what I feel like. Battle shonen for me is any show in which the main story progresses with fights and fights are the main attraction of such shows like JJK for a recent example. However, AoT has left that premise. Now I might be little bit biased and blinded by that as well but it's just a personal take.
Mar 27, 2021 9:30 PM

Dec 2020
I really liked it! The animation was super good and i like all the characters. Its one of the best shonens i think i've seen

People with boobs > people with no boobs.

My lemons > ur lemons
Please just send to profile ^^
Mar 27, 2021 9:33 PM

Mar 2018
xx_ibrahimd_xx said:
Alpha_Druid said:

Lmfao. You must be blind to not see the drop in quality in both the respective 4th seasons of Haikyuu and BnHA.

There has never been a drop in bnha quality. Sure we didn't see the best season, but in no way was there a drop in quality ever in bnha. I think Haikyuu did for 1 or 2 episodes tho.

There was a drop in quality in the 4th season of MHA due to them also working on the movie. You can see it in the fight of lemillion vs overhaul. Even other fights just didn't had the impact that the previous seasons' fights had.

The whole of Haikyuu 4th season felt off. It just wasn't the same Haikyuu that was for the first 3 seasons. The exciting match choreography, the fluid animation with dynamic camera work, the consistent character models, etc were all that were missing from the 4th season.
Mar 27, 2021 9:42 PM
Apr 2017
It's a good ass shonen but far from peak shonen.
I would say it's peak shonen jump anime adaptation wise cause I tried to read manga after this.

Not nearly the same experience.
Anime elevate it to 50 levels higher with its animation and composition
Mar 27, 2021 10:36 PM
Jul 2019
Progyan said:
FluffyNiccu said:

I know that both are shonen but I don't agree with you saying that AoT is a battle shonen. It was a battle shonen when it first started now it's not. Atleast that's what I feel like. Battle shonen for me is any show in which the main story progresses with fights and fights are the main attraction of such shows like JJK for a recent example. However, AoT has left that premise. Now I might be little bit biased and blinded by that as well but it's just a personal take.

“main story progresses with fights”
I’m pretty sure that AOT’s main story progresses through fights as well, not all of it, but most of them. Example includes what happened in episode 5/6 of this season with the Titans fighting or even in the previous seasons where 80% of the battles occurred. I can also include other examples but that would be more spoilers.

“fights are the main attraction of such shows”
Now, fights are also one of the main attraction for AOT as well you know. People go berserk whenever Levi/Mikasa or any character fight each other or against Titans. It’s just that alongside the fighting, political and deep themes are weaved together as well.

For me, AOT have never left the battle shonen category. And it’s still the best that genre/category/demographic have ever offered.
Mar 28, 2021 12:52 AM

May 2020
yea it's a fun watch.

Maybe try sleeping?

Mar 28, 2021 6:38 AM
Jul 2018
I can agree, but I also don't.

The fights, the combat system, the lore. All amazing and well-made. I could really rate JJK a 10 for how great those fight scenes are.

But the time they spend outside, when they show leans more towards SoL. It becomes horrendously boring, and the only decent part is the comedy, but it blends in with all that useless SoL.
Mar 28, 2021 6:44 AM

Dec 2018
remo404 said:

The fights, the combat system, the lore. All amazing and well-made. I could really rate JJK a 10 for how great those fight scenes are.

But the time they spend outside, when they show leans more towards SoL. It becomes horrendously boring, and the only decent part is the comedy, but it blends in with all that useless SoL.

I love the comedy bits, almost as much as I love the badass action scenes courtesy of MAPPA.

For a time, I couldn't stop watching Yuuji and Nobara dance around a bonfire derpily singing "what are we gonna do"...were there really SOL moments in JJK though?
Mar 28, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2017
It's aite.

Season 1 had some epic Gojou scenes displaying his Jujutsu techniques.

But besides that, it really isn't all that special.
I didn't really feel connected to the characters all that much (well, except for Gojou. He's already established lol).

That might change if I started reading the manga tho.

That's what I did for Demon Slayer.

Mar 28, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2020
yeah I've enjoyed it quite a bit. I was indifferent at first, but it got better.
Mar 28, 2021 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Its definitely one of the best considering the amount of cute guys it has
Mar 28, 2021 3:31 PM
Feb 2021
I loved and enjoyed every minute of it!! can't wait for the movie ^^
Mar 28, 2021 6:07 PM

Jun 2020
Well it's fun and good but, not my taste, and overhyped, I don't like it
Mar 28, 2021 6:17 PM

Feb 2021
Alpha_Druid said:
Started out good but quickly devolved into just fighting for the sake of fighting. Dropped this shit for good. That's all.
I feel the same way didn’t drop it tho but i have no rea drive to watch ep 20 and beyond right now. Like the premise was cool but then every episode was fight fight fight and honestly I don’t care about half the characters fighting so there’s no enjoyment from watching them fight
Mar 28, 2021 6:21 PM

Jul 2020
Mhm, i didn't think i'd enjoy JJK as much as I did, but look at me now all sad over it ending. it may not be a masterpiece but it's certainly fun, may even pick up the manga.
Mar 28, 2021 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah it was super fun. I like JJK. And I'll definitely rewatch it.

When watching an anime, I don't expect anything but enjoyment. Actually I'm surprised because the anime studio did pretty good job. Really. Fight scenes animation was insane. MAPPA's other jobs have good fight scenes too but JJK's was the best. I'm not fun of fight scenes btw, anyway. And I really like watching Yuuji. I'm thinking other shounen's MCs but I don't think I did see a MC like Yuuji. I like his mental state. Actually I always wanted to see a main character like Yuuji. I'm happy and totally satisfied.
pionelyaMar 28, 2021 9:25 PM
Mar 28, 2021 9:27 PM

Apr 2020
im not saying its the best shounen but i will say it is a better version of naruto
:3
Mar 28, 2021 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
ShanAsuna said:
remo404 said:

I love the comedy bits, almost as much as I love the badass action scenes courtesy of MAPPA.

For a time, I couldn't stop watching Yuuji and Nobara dance around a bonfire derpily singing "what are we gonna do"...were there really SOL moments in JJK though?

Ah yes, i may have worded it wrong. The comedy is really good. But the times outside the comedy and fights are really forgettable. But I'm really hyped after seeing the last episode this season
Mar 28, 2021 9:53 PM

Aug 2015
Simple but enjoyable and the art and animation are superb. Is this going to get a second season?
Mar 28, 2021 11:49 PM

May 2015
I'm amazed at how people say JJK doesn't compare to greats like HxH, One Piece, etc as though the first 24 episodes weren't great. Compare it to any other shounens first 24 episodes, and it can be universally agreed upon the JJK's stands out a lot

Mar 29, 2021 12:38 AM

Dec 2018
Emblemz said:
I'm amazed at how people say JJK doesn't compare to greats like HxH, One Piece, etc as though the first 24 episodes weren't great. Compare it to any other shounens first 24 episodes, and it can be universally agreed upon the JJK's stands out a lot

Yup yup yup yup yupzzzz
Mar 29, 2021 1:13 AM

Oct 2020
Emblemz said:

hmmm I'd agree but I won't say it's better than the first 24 episodes of HxH or One Piece. It's still great regardless but that's a bit of a stretch there mate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2021 1:21 AM
Nov 2020
Jujutsu kaisen if freaking disappointing..
Itadori didn't even turn into Sukuna one after that one fight scene.
I thought it would be interesting in the ends, but the story ended without any lead, so i'm not looking forward to the next season.
I'm looking forward to MAPPA only because of chainsaw man because its gonna be a great anime or maybe greater than AOT or jujutsu kaisen(Maybe).

Hope they don't mess it up...
Mar 29, 2021 1:21 AM
Nov 2020
Jujutsu kaisen if freaking disappointing..
Itadori didn't even turn into Sukuna one after that one fight scene.
I thought it would be interesting in the ends, but the story ended without any lead, so i'm not looking forward to the next season.
I'm looking forward to MAPPA only because of chainsaw man because its gonna be a great anime or maybe greater than AOT or jujutsu kaisen(Maybe).

Hope they don't mess it up...
Mar 29, 2021 1:30 AM

Jan 2019
very good anime, fun and enjoyable, good fights and good characters
but not "revolutionary" or "masterpiece" imo, slightly overrated
still a great shounen overall
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.