Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 12, 2021 5:54 AM
Aug 2015
Title. Not a single track we've heard so far sounds like something he would make, and the only reason why I think he got a "collab" credit with the new composer is because they still used tracks from previous seasons.
Mar 12, 2021 6:45 AM
Mar 2020
Agreed, can't understand why though.his tracks are phenomenal..
Mar 12, 2021 7:12 AM
Nov 2020
Thats the reason why every song in thos Season are completely sh1t
Mar 12, 2021 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
Sawano said he burnt out working on AoT. Hopefully he decides to be more involved in the upcoming Part 2/movies.
Mar 12, 2021 7:23 AM

Jun 2016
I wasn't impressed by any of the new tracks so this may actually be true.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 12, 2021 7:34 AM

Jan 2018
I agree. The new tracks are not the same. Kohta Yamamoto isn't on the same level. His music isn't earwig and also somehow boring.
RE:ZERO !!!!!!!!!!
Mar 12, 2021 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
false marketing again like the pre-animated PV?
Mar 12, 2021 7:37 AM
Oct 2016
I’m not sure why but the new tracks feel better in my opinion. I’m enjoying them a lot more than most of Sawano’s tracks. I do think Sawano is making a comeback in S4 part 2 because they said he was apart of the production.
Mar 12, 2021 7:38 AM

May 2020
Yeah that is true . They're just reusing past tracks . Is he even working on this ? I heard he's working on 86 which is supposed to air this year

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 12, 2021 7:40 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t hate the music this season, but don’t love it either. Sawano really had the knack for engaging you in the moment, and I guess that was just lost. Hopefully he can come back for part 2/movies?
Mar 12, 2021 8:01 AM
Feb 2018
https://twitter.com/kohta_yamabook/status/1290450122913054727?s=20

Waiting for Hannah Grace's vocals on AOT, I think there is some OST that we didn't listen atm
Mar 12, 2021 8:09 AM
Aug 2020
LA_REEMIGRATION said:
https://twitter.com/kohta_yamabook/status/1290450122913054727?s=20

Waiting for Hannah Grace's vocals on AOT, I think there is some OST that we didn't listen atm
yes maybe we are getting it in part 2.
I am very excited for that one since it would be first vocal Ost of season 4 (and maybe last too)
Mar 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
He technically did, but they're remakes from his previous music, like most of his songs on S3P2. They were pretty noticeable on the Marley attack episodes (Eren finding where was the person controlling the Warhammer titan scene and the Colossal Titan explosion scene are the ones I remember from my head).
BetterTasteMar 12, 2021 8:17 AM
Mar 12, 2021 8:17 AM
Jan 2021
I don’t really know any names of the musicians in anime, could anyone say the names of some of the songs in aot from sawano
Mar 12, 2021 8:19 AM
Sep 2020
Helix-San said:

Learn to pay respect first, speak after. The music was not complete shit, it was quite good in fact. The problem with the ost is the same as the style thing "Bbbut sawano did, so I want that, YSBG everywhere pleeeaaaseee".
Kohta did quite a good job in this season, and you are saying he did a bad job just because he didn't copy sawano xD
Mar 12, 2021 8:28 AM
Dec 2019
Helix-San said:

*Laughs in Warhammer Titan Theme and Ashes on the Fire*
Mar 12, 2021 8:35 AM
May 2019
Helix-San said:

go to school so you can learn how to respect people
Mar 12, 2021 8:41 AM
May 2019
Nyess_ said:
Yeah that is true . They're just reusing past tracks . Is he even working on this ? I heard he's working on 86 which is supposed to air this year

Sawano is credited for reusing of his past track
dont make it wrong kohta yamamoto is also great to. he is sawano coworkers so they share the same style.his work for warhammer ost and Devil from paradise ost.
Hiro4ka11Mar 12, 2021 8:44 AM
Mar 12, 2021 8:42 AM

May 2020
Hiro4ka11 said:
Nyess_ said:

-Warhammer ost
-Liberio theme
-Willy Spech
-The truth of eldian
-Main theme "ashes on the fire"
-Yeagerist theme (latest ep)
-Gabi revenge
-Jaw titan nutcracker theme
-Demon from paradise (levi entrance scene)

more
But they're not Sawano's themes

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 12, 2021 8:47 AM
Aug 2015
Hiro4ka11 said:
Helix-San said:

go to school so you can learn how to respect people

Sorry what school do you go to where you learn to respect people? From my experience, I started losing respect for people as soon as I got enrolled
Mar 12, 2021 8:47 AM
May 2019
Nyess_ said:
Hiro4ka11 said:

-Warhammer ost
-Liberio theme
-Willy Spech
-The truth of eldian
-Main theme "ashes on the fire"
-Yeagerist theme (latest ep)
-Gabi revenge
-Jaw titan nutcracker theme
-Demon from paradise (levi entrance scene)

more
But they're not Sawano's themes

sorry wrong reply.

edit =

Sawano is credited for reusing of his past track
i like sawano work because he brought good vocalist on his ost like apple seed and yssgb
Hiro4ka11Mar 12, 2021 8:52 AM
Mar 12, 2021 9:10 AM
Jan 2021
Regardless of Sawano's absence, this season has one of the greatest soundtracks along with season 3 IMO.
Mar 12, 2021 9:10 AM
Aug 2018
As the biggest fan and follower of sawano I can safely say ........... u r right. His new tracks are basically different versions of his older ones.Kohta is a very good composer and he does have a few bangers in the show but his orchestrations are too upbeat for my taste and the absence of sawanos hopelessness , despair and emotional tunes are very apparent.
BUT what you must realize is it is very very difficult to compose tracks for multiple seasons of the same show , and if you force feed new tunes it won't be a top tier track like the old ones.Sawano has done this to seven deadly sins AND thunderbolt fantasy where new seasons have apparently been taken over by yamamoto.
A change in Variety can be a good thing and we only have to wait until the last episode to find out.
Mar 12, 2021 9:41 AM
Aug 2015
Xenophorm12 said:
Regardless of Sawano's absence, this season has one of the greatest soundtracks along with season 3 IMO.

Ok so why can’t I hear them during actual episodes
Mar 12, 2021 9:47 AM
Jan 2021
gabisimp said:
Xenophorm12 said:

How am I suppose to know that? Perhaps you are not paying attention.
Mar 12, 2021 12:34 PM
May 2019
gabisimp said:
Xenophorm12 said:

neither you deaf or just being ignorant.

Even in episode 5 it has many ost played at one episode full
just type Warhammer titan ost in yt ad you gonna see what neutral people think about it
Mar 12, 2021 12:56 PM

Jun 2020
I still like "Ashes on the Fire" despite it being Kohta Yamamoto's work
Mar 12, 2021 1:14 PM
Nov 2019
People saying they can't hear any new tracks or think they're not good are just either plain deaf or ignorant, I'm sorry, but there's been quite a few new ones. I've already gotten 4 new OSTs stuck in my head, can't wait for the official soundtrack to release. Also how the hell do you know sawano hasn't made any new themes? If I recall, kohta said that sawano would be handling most of the music on the paradis side, so until the actual official soundtrack comes out, you don't know shit of what he actually made this season 😆
Mar 12, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2019
gabisimp said:
Title. Not a single track we've heard so far sounds like something he would make, and the only reason why I think he got a "collab" credit with the new composer is because they still used tracks from previous seasons.

He did some remixes of old tracks like the xl-tt remix in ep 6 near the end and the one after Armin transformation which was slightly different so he is still involved even if his role is marginal
Mar 12, 2021 1:29 PM

Jul 2017
JJ_jose said:
People saying they can't hear any new tracks or think they're not good are just either plain deaf or ignorant, I'm sorry, but there's been quite a few new ones. I've already gotten 4 new OSTs stuck in my head, can't wait for the official soundtrack to release. Also how the hell do you know sawano hasn't made any new themes? If I recall, kohta said that sawano would be handling most of the music on the paradis side, so until the actual official soundtrack comes out, you don't know shit of what he actually made this season 😆

Sawano has a noticeable style though, he might've made 1 or 2 new piano tracks, but other than that it was all probably YAMAMOTO (not including the new versions of older tracks)
Mar 12, 2021 1:31 PM

Aug 2019
Yeah, it's a shame we haven't received anything original from Sawano this season, but hopefully he'll be back for the grand finale next season, because I can't imagine some of the content being adapted without some his epic scores behind them.

Most of Kohta's tracks have been competent, if not forgettable at times. He has however, produced a couple of very good ones like the one during last episode when Niccolo was talking, and the Paradisians vs Marleyans OST at the start of Episode 7.
Mar 12, 2021 2:32 PM
Feb 2016
First of all, I don't know where this trend in this fanbase started where you call an individual piece of music "OST". That stands for "Original Soundtrack" which is the entire catalogue you compose for a piece of media. Not one song in it like what everyone calls it.

But uh, "wELl aCtUallY" moment aside, the title of this post is wrong. There's been 4 new Sawano tracks in this season. I've been listening to his works for years and I'm very familiar with his compositional style to be able to recognize what he's done and what hasn't. Either way, Yamamoto himself said that Sawano has made some tracks, and we've already heard some of them.

- Reiner's suicide attempt in Episode 3 has a fast, dissonant piano improv playing in the background. That's a new track, and I can tell with certainty that it's Sawano because he has a pianist background and has done a lot of tracks like that before.

- There is an arrangement of the Levi vs Female Titan theme from Season 1 that plays when Mikasa arrives in Episode 6. Well, "arrangement", more like slapping guitars and drums over old songs and calling them new (main issue I have with things like Apple Seed that recycle older songs), but that's unfortunately nothing unusual for Sawano/Yamamoto sequel works.

- Same thing as above but XL-TT. Notably played when Mikasa fights the Warhammer, and when Armin transforms.

- During Mikasa and Louise's talk in Episode 11 there's a new piano melody that most likely stems from an orchestral track that we haven't heard yet. I am willing to be on that, as regardless of how much of the workload Sawano has given to Yamamoto in sequel works before, he's also done one "new" melody and variations of it. I'm looking forward to hearing it, personally.

As for my own opinion on the music situation, unfortunately as someone who follows Sawano's works regularly I am used to this kind of thing. He's brought up Yamamoto to take over sequel seasons a lot before because he already said that he's tired of composing for action shows and already had trouble coming up with new Attack on Titan music during Uprising considering how much music he's already made. That, and this season's production schedule probably didn't give him enough time to come up with much either. He's busy with the latter films of the Hathaway's Flash trilogy, 86, and a bunch of other projects we only know about from tweets.

And as for Yamamoto's music, personally I think his orchestral/action tracks are lackluster and very "EPIC HOLLYWOOD TRAILER BOOM BANG" which I'm not a fan of personally, but his more tame, quiet tracks (like the one where Willy and Magath talk in the carraige) are cool and I'm looking forward to those.
Mar 12, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2020
Sawano did work on new tracks this season, some have already been put in many episodes but the vast majority of the music this season has been remixes from the first season and Kohta's work. However, I'm sure we will see a lot of Sawano's music in the next part to this season.
Mar 12, 2021 2:45 PM
Aug 2020
ChibiiiAlex said:
I’m not sure why but the new tracks feel better in my opinion. I’m enjoying them a lot more than most of Sawano’s tracks. I do think Sawano is making a comeback in S4 part 2 because they said he was apart of the production.

yeah i actually enjoyed Yamamotos tracks more than Sawanos, It would be great to see him back on p2 tho
Mar 12, 2021 3:37 PM
Oct 2016
mrsbokuto said:
ChibiiiAlex said:

yeah i actually enjoyed Yamamotos tracks more than Sawanos, It would be great to see him back on p2 tho
Yup Kohta gives a feeling of moving forward and is good for action heavy scenes and Sawano gives off feelings of living in the moment more.
Mar 12, 2021 3:45 PM
Aug 2020
ChibiiiAlex said:
mrsbokuto said:

Yup Kohta gives a feeling of moving forward and is good for action heavy scenes and Sawano gives off feelings of living in the moment more.

exactly what i was thinking
Mar 12, 2021 3:55 PM

Dec 2018
LeapingTitan said:
First of all, I don't know where this trend in this fanbase started where you call an individual piece of music "OST". That stands for "Original Soundtrack" which is the entire catalogue you compose for a piece of media. Not one song in it like what everyone calls it.

But uh, "wELl aCtUallY" moment aside, the title of this post is wrong. There's been 4 new Sawano tracks in this season. I've been listening to his works for years and I'm very familiar with his compositional style to be able to recognize what he's done and what hasn't. Either way, Yamamoto himself said that Sawano has made some tracks, and we've already heard some of them.

- Reiner's suicide attempt in Episode 3 has a fast, dissonant piano improv playing in the background. That's a new track, and I can tell with certainty that it's Sawano because he has a pianist background and has done a lot of tracks like that before.

- There is an arrangement of the Levi vs Female Titan theme from Season 1 that plays when Mikasa arrives in Episode 6. Well, "arrangement", more like slapping guitars and drums over old songs and calling them new (main issue I have with things like Apple Seed that recycle older songs), but that's unfortunately nothing unusual for Sawano/Yamamoto sequel works.

- Same thing as above but XL-TT. Notably played when Mikasa fights the Warhammer, and when Armin transforms.

- During Mikasa and Louise's talk in Episode 11 there's a new piano melody that most likely stems from an orchestral track that we haven't heard yet. I am willing to be on that, as regardless of how much of the workload Sawano has given to Yamamoto in sequel works before, he's also done one "new" melody and variations of it. I'm looking forward to hearing it, personally.

As for my own opinion on the music situation, unfortunately as someone who follows Sawano's works regularly I am used to this kind of thing. He's brought up Yamamoto to take over sequel seasons a lot before because he already said that he's tired of composing for action shows and already had trouble coming up with new Attack on Titan music during Uprising considering how much music he's already made. That, and this season's production schedule probably didn't give him enough time to come up with much either. He's busy with the latter films of the Hathaway's Flash trilogy, 86, and a bunch of other projects we only know about from tweets.

And as for Yamamoto's music, personally I think his orchestral/action tracks are lackluster and very "EPIC HOLLYWOOD TRAILER BOOM BANG" which I'm not a fan of personally, but his more tame, quiet tracks (like the one where Willy and Magath talk in the carraige) are cool and I'm looking forward to those.

Admins should close threads after someone tells the truth like you, so people won't spread lies and thier own speculations anymore. Nowadays, everyone tries to be an expert on everything and blows their speculations on others.
Mar 12, 2021 7:35 PM

Dec 2018
LeapingTitan said:

Finally, Thank you
Mar 12, 2021 8:15 PM

Nov 2020
Someone already said it here, but there have been Sawano tracks, they've just been slight remixes of old material. When it comes to Yamamoto's stuff, I think it's been great personally, plenty of atmospheric tracks that add weight to the scenes they're in. The obvious stand-outs are Ashes on the Fire and the Warhammer theme, but a personal favorite of mine is the track that played during Eren's escape. It's been used a few times and I don't recall if there's been different variations but it's impressive how the same piece can fit so many different scenes with varying tones.

Willy/Magath convo in Episode 4- mysterious
Gabi and Falco riding Lobov up to the airship- suspenseful
Eren escaping prison- sinister
Mr. Brause's forest speech- hopeful
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 12, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah I've noticed this too. I still like Ashes on the fire though

Mar 12, 2021 9:28 PM
Aug 2015
Hiro4ka11 said:
gabisimp said:

neither you deaf or just being ignorant.

Thank you, for a moment I thought there was something wrong with my ears. Good to know that’s not the case
Mar 12, 2021 9:37 PM
Aug 2015
ReegrezSNK said:
LeapingTitan said:

Admins should close threads after someone tells the truth like you, so people won't spread lies and thier own speculations anymore. Nowadays, everyone tries to be an expert on everything and blows their speculations on others.

Periodt sis. Here’s to praying you get admin privileges soon and rid this site off fake news, and make MAL great again!!
Mar 12, 2021 10:15 PM
Dec 2019
I can't believe people are saying the new tracks are forgettable. The one played during Eren's nutcracker scene still sounds in my head even up till now, more so than most of Swano's work. I mean I love Swano but you all need to get off his dick, as some of Yamamoto's work are just as good.
Mar 13, 2021 4:08 AM

Aug 2018
It's dishonest to say he worked on this season when all they are doing is reusing old tracks
_______I like rocks__
Mar 13, 2021 8:46 AM
Feb 2021
JJ_jose said:

Its just not a good OST unless its hype and loud and blares in the background rendering you unable to hear any dialogue being spoken in the scene. Don't you know this? Seriously, get on with the times man. Everyone knows by now that you should be blaring YSBG at every possible scene and time. Fuck the story and the tone it requires. OST needs to blare.

Mar 13, 2021 8:51 AM
Nov 2019
bipac said:
JJ_jose said:

Its just not a good OST unless its hype and loud and blares in the background rendering you unable to hear any dialogue being spoken in the scene. Don't you know this? Seriously, get on with the times man. Everyone knows by now that you should be blaring YSBG at every possible scene and time. Fuck the story and the tone it requires. OST needs to blare.

jokes, man, love it 😆👍
Mar 13, 2021 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Helix-San said:
this anime is shit
Mar 14, 2021 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
New OSTs have been great imo, and Sawano is probably busy making tracks for part 2 since he is part of the production.
I use Arch, btw.
Mar 15, 2021 4:33 AM

Apr 2013
That probably explains why the soundtrack quality has decreased significantly. Especially in episode 14 the choice of music was quite horrendous imo.
Mar 15, 2021 5:24 AM
Aug 2015
Gator said:
That probably explains why the soundtrack quality has decreased significantly. Especially in episode 14 the choice of music was quite horrendous imo.

The person who chooses the music for each scene is the same as all the previous seasons, if I recall correctly

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:11 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.