Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2021 12:27 AM

Jul 2012
BoguKamBek said:
Shadzzo said:

Acting like they wont be un-titanized literally 1 chapter later lol. There are no stakes in this arc. It uses the same formula from GOT 8 battle of winterfell.

Characters get cornered -> All hope is lost -> They are safe next scene
Repeat the cycle

It's pretty underwhelming, don't you think?

It really is. Everyone calls people who didnt like the chapter "haha salty cuz eren lost" but its not even that. Everything about this arc is underwhelming and filled with holes compared to the previous ones. It doesn't feel like aot. It feels like your average shounen. But its enough for some people to see "haha titan punch" "ohh ackerman fly and slay"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2021 12:29 AM
May 2020
Lumiax said:
armchair3 said:
Just turn off your brain and consume shounen. Ymir is happy because Mikasa loves Eren too much = She will lift the curse
Bravo. I don't blame the people who like this ending though

Why would you like it, it doesn't fit at all.
Well I don't. I'm just telling you what I'm expecting
Mar 6, 2021 12:32 AM

Mar 2012
Pecado_Carnal said:
Mikasa said:
Isayama's probably one of the very few who can reach Togashi's level. Subverting expectations and creating one of the best and most original endings.

Subverting expectations just menans showing the middle finger to readers. It is never a good thing.

Anyway, could you people please stop spoiling GoT? Some of us haven't watch that yet.

Yeah if you look for a mediocre story with bad writing then it should go just as expected.

For us, we like stories of quality that have mystery in them.
End Zionazism
Mar 6, 2021 12:33 AM

May 2018
Shadzzo said:
BoguKamBek said:

It really is. Everyone calls people who didnt like the chapter "haha salty cuz eren lost" but its not even that. Everything about this arc is underwhelming and filled with holes compared to the previous ones. It doesn't feel like aot. It feels like your average shounen. But its enough for some people to see "haha titan punch" "ohh ackerman fly and slay"

How can Levi still use the odm gear? He is half dead! Where did he got that thunder spear from? It doesn't make sense!
But hey who cares? Levi go brrrrrr...
Mar 6, 2021 12:37 AM

Feb 2021
Shadzzo said:
BoguKamBek said:

you are making too much sense for most people here to handle.
honestly i can understand people who like this arc, but the fact some people will call this a masterpiece is absurd.
to me a masterpiece is things like season 1-4 of got or breaking bad. snk simply turned into a regular shounen. people here should accept that fact and not pretend like it is anything more than that.
Mar 6, 2021 12:41 AM

May 2020
Shadzzo said:
superguy282 said:
The stakes have finally been equalized with everyone turning into a titan.

Acting like they wont be un-titanized literally 1 chapter later lol. There are no stakes in this arc. It uses the same formula from GOT 8 battle of winterfell.
Characters get cornered -> All hope is lost -> They are safe next scene
Repeat the cycle

Let's just say I trust Isayama and you don't :). And hey to be completely honest with you, AOT would still be a solid 9 even if that happens.
Mar 6, 2021 12:42 AM

Mar 2020
I've never seen a manga chapter reverse-filter so many people like this one. Today I got reminded that aot is a shonen, and despite having all those kino moments like "FREEDOM" and "that scenery", most shonens are bound to have shitty endings. Not saying the series as a whole is shit now, but this last 6 chapters turned what could have been a 10/10 manga into an 8/10.

I don't get what's so sad about this chapter. Connie and Jean "dying" out of nowhere had no impact on me at all, and the Mikasa Eren kiss felt so forced. I never got the appeal for Mikasa's character, she's one of the most boring characters in the series.

I'm not sure how Isayama will salvage this with only 1 chapter left. Only good or decent ending I can imagine at the moment is Marley or what remains of humanity carpet-bombing Paradis.

Isayama gave so much thought and development to Eren throughout the course of the series, that he forgot to develop the other characters, or at least that's how they look to me compared to Eren. I mean, did Isayama really think we weren't going to root for the character with the most interesting ideas and perspective? In a world where most shonen MCs are your run of the mill goody two shoes, Eren is a breath of fresh air (and call me pretentious or whatever) cause he feels like a seinen character.

What I'm trying to say is that Eren is the one who was carrying the series, and the rumbling arc (except chapter 131) felt like a kick to the balls to his entire character.

This is what I think of the series at the moment, but believe me, I want to be proven wrong, I want Isayama to tell us that there's more or that 139 will miracously save the ending.

Call me an eren fanboy coping, crybaby, blind hater or whatever, I don't really care, at this point I'm just tired of shonen mangas letting me down.
Mar 6, 2021 12:52 AM

Mar 2012
Neil1998 said:
SparkleDuck said:
Where were you when Mikasa was confirmed a necrophiliac?

I feel like some people don't even understand what the word means?
are you implying she's somehow NOT into a dead guy, or are you implying that eremika weirdos don't understand how what she's doing is necrophilia? Just some school days shit over here, carry on
Mar 6, 2021 12:58 AM

May 2018
So is this chapter implying that if Mikasa just said she loves Eren he would've abandoned his mission and would've just ran away with her?
Bro... I can't...
Mar 6, 2021 1:00 AM

Mar 2012
Lumiax said:
So is this chapter implying that if Mikasa just said she loves Eren he would've abandoned his mission and would've just ran away with her?
Bro... I can't...
if you believe it's a completely legit AU, which i don't. The only thing to possible imply it is the titan marks, but that can also be read as her slowly breaking the delusion she holds in her mind.
Mar 6, 2021 1:01 AM

Jul 2012
Lumiax said:
Bro... I can't...

I consider that as Mikasa's delusion. No way Isayama would destroy Eren's character like that. Similar to how Eren succeeded in using 3dmg at the beginning and Mikasa saw it as "he is happy cuz he doesn't need to be seperate from me anymore"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2021 1:01 AM
Feb 2021
That chapter was a grotesque piece of shit. The conclusion, and especially the last page, made me have mental diarrhea. How could you have committed such a crime, Isayama? I can't believe. I felt like I was watching the end of Game of Thrones again. What a nightmare!
Mar 6, 2021 1:05 AM

Jul 2012
Lumiax said:
Shadzzo said:

How can Levi still use the odm gear? He is half dead! Where did he got that thunder spear from? It doesn't make sense!

Yeah super ackerman powers sure carried a dead man through supposedly the hardest and impossible to win fight 3 times.
Mar 6, 2021 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
Lumiax said:
Bro... I can't...

Nah that's Mikasa's fanfic or maybe kinda false memories? don't think eren will simply agree to lose his way, That will just ruin his characterization in ch131, this wasn't eren's POV.
Mar 6, 2021 1:12 AM
Aug 2020
Thank Fucking God Isayama for killing Ereh.
I don’t even like the series that much but gonna slap it a 10 just to piss off these self entitled edgy Ereh stans. Thank God, this didn’t go the route of Akame ga kill.

Ereh stans can now stfu with their bs shit theories. Love to see this fandom burn lmao.
Mar 6, 2021 1:13 AM
Nobu Enjoyer

Apr 2020
RIP CUMMER

HOW DARE THEY KILL HIM

ALSO NO MORE PIECKSTEIN BOO BOO

0/10 AOT RUINED

Mar 6, 2021 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
Shadzzo said:
Lumiax said:

Yeah super ackerman powers sure carried a dead man through supposedly the hardest and impossible to win fight 3 times.

No way Yams is gonna let his most popular character sit out in last battle.

Fan power > Normal logic
Mar 6, 2021 1:25 AM
Jan 2021
Two things:

Can it be that there is no timeloop and eren simply had some memories of the future since he would become the attack titan soon? Or a titan shifter? Like falco, who had memories of 3d gears and titans, which are probably memories of Ymir.

And second. If in the first chapter we see mikasa saying see you again eren, and on 138 we see mikasa saying the same words, that means that the reality that they lived is the one in the woods, because Mikasa probably told Eren her true feelings. But now since she did not, then we have this other reality where they are fighting eren, and Mikasa is having the dream of what would have happened if she would have said her true feelings to Eren (ironically the reality that happens whenever she tells him the truth of how she feels). And maybe the loop finally breaks (remembering Krugers word: it will happen again and again) and that is why Ymir is smiling?

But Eren lived a misserable life then. His mother got eaten, he lived in a cage then got the titan powers shortening his life, then he was at war and then after commiting genocide he is killed by the person he loves the most. How is this fair to him? He had the dream of being free and exploring the world. But instead he got misery ? I hope that he, somehow has a happy moment in his life
Mar 6, 2021 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
Chapter was better than i expected honestly. Still liked it enough to not lower my score.
Mar 6, 2021 1:28 AM
Mar 2021
So sad to see a great piece like SNK ending this way, at least GOT s8 was not written by the original author so it's normal to be inconsistent.

I'm not sure if this is Yams or Kishimoto

Mar 6, 2021 1:30 AM

Aug 2013
Borshta said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

Except that she already knew about Zeke's wine cum. Why would she still bother to get herself pregnant?

That might be a legit point. If historia wasn't pregnant I think Paradis gov would have fed zeke to historia and if eren didn't agree with them, then he would've been eaten by some other guy too.
But her being pregnant saved zeke from being eaten.

If she already knew Zeke's wine cum and still get herself preggo just to prevent Zeke from eating her then her entire character progression from Uprising would be fucking obliterated, as if it's not enough that she barely gets a screentime from the last 3 arcs.
Mar 6, 2021 1:33 AM

Aug 2013
arthur_morgan2 said:
DragonYuk said:
People who gives this chapter a 1 why? is because you didn't get your way? You wanted Eren to kill everyone uh? like if anyone of you thought that was going to happen you don't watch anime or read any kind of manga lmao

you do realize that in the au that mikasa imagined(or that eren sent her) eren was running away with mikasa and left all his friend to get massacred. thats ok though its just a shounen, just turn your brain off.

SnK fandom is probably the only fandom where its populace are always talking shit about shounen demographic, despite their favorite manga is published under a fucking shounen magazine lmao.
Mar 6, 2021 1:35 AM
Nov 2018
Sometimes I am glad that some of my favorite manga (Berserk and HxH) will never be finished because I'd rather have a hiatus ending that this absolute trash of plot contrivances, random asspulls and missed opportunities. This hack of a writer clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore, he is filthy rich and understandably tired.

May 2018
Shadzzo said:
Lumiax said:
Bro... I can't...

I consider that as Mikasa's delusion. No way Isayama would destroy Eren's character like that. Similar to how Eren succeeded in using 3dmg at the beginning and Mikasa saw it as "he is happy cuz he doesn't need to be seperate from me anymore"

But why did Eren have the same dream in chapter 1?
Isn't that implying that it is a legit parallel universe?
Jan 2021
rarfafaf said:
So sad to see a great piece like SNK ending this way, at least GOT s8 was not written by the original author so it's normal to be inconsistent.

I'm not sure if this is Yams or Kishimoto

to edgy bro! Regardless of ending , you would have said the same thing, cuz you like drama and comparing it with GOT s8 since its famous, makes a big controversial statement. Maybe you had an ending in your mind, and anything different then that is a fail to you. Thank god is Isayamas work and not yours. And next time when you make such statements at least elaborate why, don't leave it like that, cuz no one takes you serious when you criticize something but do not say the reason why. #emo#edgy
Mar 6, 2021 1:37 AM
May 2019
petterson_ said:
keragamming said:

Isayama said he was disappointed in game of thrones ending btw. Just putting that out there.

What the fuck, why is he copying it then?

the disappointment in GOT`s ending was not because of the final moments "snow kills Deneryees, Aria kills the night king, and Brayn becomes the King of the seven kingdoms" but the building and the execution of it, R.R. Martin "GOT Author" said the same thing and why even the books will have the same ending, the paths and build for the moment is the most important thing to give the moment meaning and it`s very different from the series.

in GOT there is no moments, building, emotions, or enough interaction between Jon and Deneryees to give the people interest in their story or the end of each character, but here we have a lot of hints, build, interaction, emotions, and interest of their relations progressed from CH 1 "see you later Eren, why your hair is getting longer, I had a LONG dream" to a lot of hints in later chapters 112, 123, 132, 133, 136 and more. The problem is some fans try so hard to ignore all these hints cause they didn`t match their ending's imagination.

the more people talk about GOT ending, the more I convinced that they don`t even know why it`s bad, to begin with.

Mahmoud_J1Mar 6, 2021 1:42 AM
Mar 6, 2021 1:39 AM
Feb 2018
Since the earlier time, i have said that aot is a fckn shounen and everybody said aot is a damn seinen

Now everyone says aot has shitty shounen ending

Wtf man, aot is always a fckn shounen
Mar 6, 2021 1:39 AM
Oct 2018
Absolutely incredible chapter. The ending couldn't get better than this but I guess isayama simply can't satisfy everyone with the ending. Poor people who are giving this chapter 1,lmao I feel bad for you
Mar 6, 2021 1:43 AM

Jul 2012
Lumiax said:
Shadzzo said:

But why did Eren have the same dream in chapter 1?
Isn't that implying that it is a legit parallel universe?

It indeed does. But i still hope it isnt like that. Would destroy Eren's character completely
Mar 6, 2021 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
loli_a_ravioli said:
Borshta said:

That might be a legit point. If historia wasn't pregnant I think Paradis gov would have fed zeke to historia and if eren didn't agree with them, then he would've been eaten by some other guy too.
But her being pregnant saved zeke from being eaten.

If she already knew Zeke's wine cum and still get herself preggo just to prevent Zeke from eating her then her entire character progression from Uprising would be fucking obliterated, as if it's not enough that she barely gets a screentime from the last 3 arcs.

Wait, zeke's wine cum? preventing zeke from eating her? I'm talking abt zeke getting eaten by historia. Where does zeke's spinal fluid connect ?
Mar 6, 2021 1:47 AM

Nov 2019
I really don't know why some people are surprised by this chapter, since after 123 everything has been bad writing except for like two chapters. This was the only possible outcome at this point.

And sure, there's still one chapter left, but given the last 15 chapters, odds are that it will be just as bad as this one (and at this point, an ending where Eren wins would be too rushed if it happens in the next chapter). And not to mention that almost every character, including Eren, has been completely ruined by bad writing.

Although one positive thing I can say about the chapter is that it made me a little sad for Jeanbo, but he will probably be fine in the next chapter.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Mar 6, 2021 1:50 AM

May 2018
firstawahono said:
Since the earlier time, i have said that aot is a fckn shounen and everybody said aot is a damn seinen

Now everyone says aot has shitty shounen ending

Wtf man, aot is always a fckn shounen

What has anything of that to do with SnK being a shounen?
Not all shounen have bad writing.
Mar 6, 2021 1:50 AM
Jan 2021
PraiseTheSun123 said:
I really don't know why some people are surprised by this chapter, since after 123 everything has been bad writing except for like two chapters. This was the only possible outcome at this point.

And sure, there's still one chapter left, but given the last 15 chapters, odds are that it will be just as bad as this one (and at this point, an ending where Eren wins would be too rushed if it happens in the next chapter). And not to mention that almost every character, including Eren, has been completely ruined by bad writing.

Although one positive thing I can say about the chapter is that it made me a little sad for Jeanbo, but he will probably be fine in the next chapter.

Ofc he will. Eren probably made sure of that. If you are not sure about Eren's intentions go and read chapter 108.
Mar 6, 2021 1:52 AM
Dec 2020
Absolute fucking trash of a chapter. I was expecting a Code Geass-like ending and what we get is fucking necrophilia. Fucks sake.
Mar 6, 2021 1:52 AM
Nov 2018
its amazing lots of sad things happened and i love it (lol), ishiyama great job
Mar 6, 2021 1:56 AM

Jun 2014
I feel like this chapter was pretty good compared to the last 7 chapers. This chapter should have happened 2 chapters ago, so that Isayama would have had time to wrap up everything nicely. With jut one chapter remaining, It would be extremely difficult to wrap this up. I really wish it had 2-3 chapters more to wind up everything.
Overall a pretty damn good chapter after a lot of mediocre ones.
Mar 6, 2021 1:57 AM

Aug 2013
Borshta said:
loli_a_ravioli said:

Wait, zeke's wine cum? preventing zeke from eating her? I'm talking abt zeke getting eaten by historia. Where does zeke's spinal fluid connect ?

She already knew about Zeke's wine cum plan when she met with Eren in 130 so MP couldn't have forced her to eat Zeke because she could just threaten them with it. She also lied to everyone about her pregnancy's due date, making the whole shit is even more suspicious.
Mar 6, 2021 1:59 AM
Nov 2018
some of them fought for their family and eldian, then they turned into a titan goob job ishiyama my brain was shaking again
Mar 6, 2021 2:01 AM
Feb 2015
I just can't understand how people like this chapter and the way the ending is heading. Like literally the last 20 chapters were so stupid. Ever since the "rebel squad" formed everything went downhill. Eren had 1000 ways to kill them but the power of friendship saved them. Ymir spammed so many titans and still couldn't kill one of them. All Eren did since he released the titans from the wall was sleeping and "moving forward". Literally killed him (if he really is dead) without doing a thing. What was the point of him dying this chapter but not the last one , just dragging things out. Will Isayama ever explain how Falco's jaw titan transformed into a fucking bird lol , just convenient for the plot I guess. Will probably get a shitty code geass ending with lot of plot holes and unanswered questions. Was holding back till this chapter because it was make it or break it for the story and I've always trusted Isayama but I just can't figure it out how he can make a decent ending with 45 pages left.
Mar 6, 2021 2:05 AM

Feb 2021
don't worry guys, farmer kun is here to save the ending of the manga.

Mar 6, 2021 2:06 AM
May 2020
Well that was fucking weird. I hope that the next chapter is so good that I can give this manga a 9/10, but yeah that chance is extremly small. I think if the next chapter is as good as this one then I would give it a 6 or 7/10.

This chapter was extremely dissapointing. This arc is shit and I hope that Issyami can make a satisfying conclusion, but for now...

Fuck this chapter, a low 2/5 for me......

Just sad....
Well..

Mar 6, 2021 2:07 AM

Dec 2017
IronGhost115 said:
Disappointed... and I doubt that final chapter will change anything, everyone turned into titan will probably get turned back, Armin will achieve world peace and Eren will be made into just a bad guy who let himself be defeated cuz muh mikasa. I hope I'm wrong but at this point I'm all out of hope.
Eren's character has always been consistent throughout the series; he has always been willing to go to any extent to protect Mikasa. He is just doing it in a much greater scale this time. So I wonder, what is wrong with that now?
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 6, 2021 2:08 AM

Aug 2018
I wonder if there will be some kind of de-titanize or titanize canceller when Eren really dies.

Jul 2008
r3su said:

Isayama gave so much thought and development to Eren throughout the course of the series, that he forgot to develop the other characters, or at least that's how they look to me compared to Eren. I mean, did Isayama really think we weren't going to root for the character with the most interesting ideas and perspective? In a world where most shonen MCs are your run of the mill goody two shoes, Eren is a breath of fresh air (and call me pretentious or whatever) cause he feels like a seinen character.

What I'm trying to say is that Eren is the one who was carrying the series, and the rumbling arc (except chapter 131) felt like a kick to the balls to his entire character.

This is what I think of the series at the moment, but believe me, I want to be proven wrong, I want Isayama to tell us that there's more or that 139 will miracously save the ending.

Call me an eren fanboy coping, crybaby, blind hater or whatever, I don't really care, at this point I'm just tired of shonen mangas letting me down.

I think this is why most of the fandom is disappointed, not because Eren lost but because his nearly non- existence in the final arc like it was a one sided fight. He was the most interesting character pre-rambling and people were waiting for his scenes and perspective, they were waiting for his POV that what happened to other characters in this chapter didn’t have an impact on them.
Jul 2018
loli_a_ravioli said:
Borshta said:

She already knew about Zeke's wine cum plan when she met with Eren in 130 so MP couldn't have forced her to eat Zeke because she could just threaten them with it. She also lied to everyone about her pregnancy's due date, making the whole shit is even more suspicious.

Tho you're forgetting levi exists. Don't think anyone can treaten him. It's not like everyone drank zeke's spinal fluid, she can't threaten whole military. If military wanted, they could've done it.
And historia is the queen, it's not like she is gonna sacrifice or threaten so many of government officials, she is still the queen and I don't think she will titanize her own people. At least this is how I see her.
Mar 6, 2021 2:09 AM

Jun 2014
arthur_morgan2 said:
don't worry guys, farmer kun is here to save the ending of the manga.

HAHAHAHA This picture looks exactly like farmer kun lol.
Mar 6, 2021 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
electromagneto said:
IronGhost115 said:
Disappointed... and I doubt that final chapter will change anything, everyone turned into titan will probably get turned back, Armin will achieve world peace and Eren will be made into just a bad guy who let himself be defeated cuz muh mikasa. I hope I'm wrong but at this point I'm all out of hope.
Eren's character has always been consistent throughout the series; he has always been willing to go to any extent to protect Mikasa. He is just doing it in a much greater scale this time. So I wonder, what is wrong with that now?

Was eren's character abt "protecting mikasa"? or was it something-something freedom,

"If someone tries to take my freedom away... I won't hesitate to take theirs" Are we just going to forget this?
removed-userMar 6, 2021 2:15 AM
Mar 6, 2021 2:13 AM
Aug 2020
Love the copium from ANR and EH stans haha.

Stay mad heh. Best ending ftw
Mar 6, 2021 2:18 AM

Dec 2015
All this thread does is show how people are either pleased by the littlest things or the littlest things ruin the whole thing Dx

Just accept the fact that this shit was mid to begin with and move on LMFAO
no
Mar 6, 2021 2:28 AM
Jan 2021
mr_sam21 said:
I just can't understand how people like this chapter and the way the ending is heading. Like literally the last 20 chapters were so stupid. Ever since the "rebel squad" formed everything went downhill. Eren had 1000 ways to kill them but the power of friendship saved them. Ymir spammed so many titans and still couldn't kill one of them. All Eren did since he released the titans from the wall was sleeping and "moving forward". Literally killed him (if he really is dead) without doing a thing. What was the point of him dying this chapter but not the last one , just dragging things out. Will Isayama ever explain how Falco's jaw titan transformed into a fucking bird lol , just convenient for the plot I guess. Will probably get a shitty code geass ending with lot of plot holes and unanswered questions. Was holding back till this chapter because it was make it or break it for the story and I've always trusted Isayama but I just can't figure it out how he can make a decent ending with 45 pages left.

Eren let them live, but ofc you cannot understand trivial things. If you don't know erens intention read chapter 108, and then talk about friendship. How can people not understand what they read! BE SAD
Pages (23) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » did u guys hate the ending? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

61 by deg »»
May 13, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Feb 6, 2016

123 by CutieAnshin »»
May 12, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1870 by KatoWorks »»
May 10, 10:38 AM

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

9 by ryan77999 »»
May 7, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.