Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for people to be interviewed for my thesis about anime/manga and religion

New
Feb 22, 2021 5:30 AM
Aug 2019
Hello, I’m a student from Eastern University of Finland. I’m studying to become a religion teacher. As a lover of anime and manga, I’ve decided to make my master’s thesis about both of these topics (I also feel like this area deserves more study as a whole).

I’m looking for people of age 18 or older to be interviewed about their experiences with anime and/or manga and religion. The interviews will be anonymous and will be done over Teams. There will be no pay for joining the interview. Once my thesis is done and reviewed I will happily link it back here for everybody to enjoy.

So far I’m trying to reach people over reddit on r/anime and r/manga as well as MAL. If you know any other forums that would be useful for me, please let me know in the comments. If you have any questions, you can ask me in the comments or send me a DM.

Thank you all in advance.
FreakpandaFeb 22, 2021 5:35 AM
Feb 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
How long would the interview take? Is it live? If not, you should probably make a Google form for people to fill out.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 22, 2021 2:37 PM

Aug 2015
I am a 51 year old anime and manga fan, and also have a degree in theology and am a practicing Lay Minister. If you want to ask me some structural questions, that should be ok.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Feb 22, 2021 10:49 PM
Aug 2019
katsucats said:
How long would the interview take? Is it live? If not, you should probably make a Google form for people to fill out.

The interview will take 20-30 minutes, depending on the amount of time spend on the questions
Feb 22, 2021 10:51 PM
Aug 2019
PoruMairu said:
I am a 51 year old anime and manga fan, and also have a degree in theology and am a practicing Lay Minister. If you want to ask me some structural questions, that should be ok.

I'm more looking for people that have had experiences with religion being used in manga/anime and how it has affected them. If you feel like this sill fits you, I'd happily interview you
Feb 24, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2020
Freakpanda said:
PoruMairu said:

I'm more looking for people that have had experiences with religion being used in manga/anime and how it has affected them. If you feel like this sill fits you, I'd happily interview you

I don't really fit this, & I don't think many people would have experiences like that?
But I would happily allow you to interview me.

Will I be typing the answers or orally answer them?
And does it need to be done at a specific time?
Feb 24, 2021 11:59 AM

Dec 2019
Do you have any sample questions so people can get a sense of what you are looking for?
I would be interested but due to the lack of specific information on the topic I am unsure if I am a good fit for your study.
Feb 24, 2021 3:15 PM

Aug 2019
i would be very interested as well, but i'd like to know if i fit well first.

CURE↑UP ! RA☆PA♡PA !
MAK
E MY SIGNATURE SHINE BRIGHT!!

Feb 25, 2021 2:13 AM
Aug 2019
DeathSmiles said:
Do you have any sample questions so people can get a sense of what you are looking for?
I would be interested but due to the lack of specific information on the topic I am unsure if I am a good fit for your study.

Questions would be in the nature of if you had learned something new about religion through manga and/or anime etc. I like for people to come to the interview as blind as possible so that I can get non biased answers
Feb 25, 2021 2:14 AM
Aug 2019
funfunpharmacy said:
i would be very interested as well, but i'd like to know if i fit well first.

That depends on if you are over 18 years old and have had experiences with anime and/or manga that have somehow shaped your view on religion for example
Feb 25, 2021 2:16 AM
Aug 2019
Ikan1a said:
Freakpanda said:

I don't really fit this, & I don't think many people would have experiences like that?
But I would happily allow you to interview me.

Will I be typing the answers or orally answer them?
And does it need to be done at a specific time?

I'm specifically looking for people that have had experiences with anime and/or manga that somehow shaped their view on religion or that they learned something new about religion through those medias

The interviews would be done typing and I will agree on time for each individual for the interview

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

37 by Voila_ »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 8 hours ago

26 by aikaflip »»
29 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

317 by bevarnow »»
31 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

15 by IpreferEcchi »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

40 by aikaflip »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.