Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 27, 2021 5:49 AM
Oct 2019
So I finally caught up with the anime and the final season is definitely a banger also I liked how we got to see things from the marleyans point of view. And that scene with Eren talking to Reiner gave me goosebumps.
I feel bad for the civilians who are getting killed because of the war but at the end of the day I still feel marleyans started this whole thing. If they never brainwashed their people and sent titans to Paradis none of the events would have happened.
People call Eren a Hitler reincarnate but I don't see it that way. Eren wants freedom not domination.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 27, 2021 5:50 AM

Jul 2020
Its not the Marleyans I sympathize with(Although I can see where they're coming from) but its the Eldians in Marley. Remember, those are the innocent people Eren's killing.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 27, 2021 5:54 AM

Jun 2020
I dont sympathise entirely with the marleyans , but the honorary ones.
Still the innocent people don't get deserved to be killed and Eren doesn't try to justify the killing by any means too, which is cool
Jan 27, 2021 5:58 AM

Sep 2020
If you symphatize marley rather than the warrior you probably a nazi
Jan 27, 2021 6:11 AM
Sep 2018
Of course not. They are literally sh*t.

After making this much bond with Eren an Co, I don’t have one ounce of sympathy for them...

Kyrosys said:
If you symphatize marley rather than the warrior you probably a nazi

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 27, 2021 6:14 AM

Jul 2020
Didn't any of you realize they just wanted to save the world?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 27, 2021 6:14 AM

Aug 2020
only the honorary ones

i understand that innocent people died but they were already in agreement about the start of the war

jump....I SAID JUMP

Jan 27, 2021 6:21 AM
Apr 2020
Anime onlies? Doubt it.

Some manga readers might though. But probably not with marley specifically.

It’s not like the eldians out there are that different. They all see the people on paradis as devils. They may have more restrictions due to being eldian but that doesn’t change how they hate those on the island.
Jan 27, 2021 6:31 AM
Oct 2020
Jaeger_bomb said:
So I finally caught up with the anime and the final season is definitely a banger also I liked how we got to see things from the marleyans point of view. And that scene with Eren talking to Reiner gave me goosebumps.
I feel bad for the civilians who are getting killed because of the war but at the end of the day I still feel marleyans started this whole thing. If they never brainwashed their people and sent titans to Paradis none of the events would have happened.
People call Eren a Hitler reincarnate but I don't see it that way. Eren wants freedom not domination.

Personally, I’m not sure who is in the wrong. And that’s the beauty of this show. 3 sides. Eldians of Paradis who were attacked by the Eldians of Marley. Elian’s of Marley who have been held captive and segregated. And then humanity (people of Marley, etc.) who were originally dominated by the Titans.
Jan 27, 2021 6:32 AM

May 2018
Only the average Marleyan who has no say in the policies of the Marley government and just wants to live his life peacefully.
The government and the other higher ups can fuck themselves.
DomineLkiraJan 27, 2021 11:29 AM
Jan 27, 2021 6:38 AM

Jun 2020
I don't sympathize with the world leaders that got killed but I do for the civilians; especially the Eldian ones
Jan 27, 2021 6:43 AM
Oct 2020
This is actually realistic. In a war, nobody's a hero and nobody's a villain. It's all in the gray area and I don't blame Marleyans who hate the eldians cause all they have been taught is that they ruined their life, killed their ancestors, and are monsters. Even Eren said that he thought everyone beyond the sea was an enemy but when he got there, sure there were bad people, but there were good people too.
Jan 27, 2021 6:45 AM
Jan 2021
I feel sorry for eldians since they where the victims here but don't feel sorry for marley goverment, but at least a little bit for the people since not all marleyans are bad. A few examples they show were the two guards who view gabi and other warrior candidates just as normal kids and another is the panzer squad (they are not eldians since they didn't have the armband) since they view pieck as one of them and even some of them had a crush on her.

Jan 27, 2021 6:54 AM
Mar 2016
i feel bad for all of them, in the grand scheme of things no one is entirely wrong or right and they all have morally justifiable reasons for their actions. of course like most people im more partial to the scouts cause we’ve seen most things unfold from their pov. eren however... well... big oof in my opinion. especially in the manga.
Jan 27, 2021 6:54 AM
May 2017
Yes I do
I love magath
I love those 2 gateguards thar sasha killed,
I hate marley as a nation
I hate eldia as a nation
Jan 27, 2021 7:20 AM
Sep 2019
I somehow do but imo , it's more suitable and more better to say "sympathizing with Eldians in Marley" yes I sympathize with those folks , there're as innocent as the victim of Paradise Island
But tbh... I like the character of general Magath too.
And let's be honest what is happening in Marley is the same as what happened in Paradise Island , sooooooo yes sympathizing with the victims for sure
Jan 27, 2021 7:23 AM
Jan 2021
I actually feel sorry for eren as we all know eren is not the kind of guy who act without a reason and even though he shows literally no emotion on his face ,I feel he is crying inside out of guilt and that's why he said to Reiner 'i am the same as u' but the only difference is Reiner shows his guilt by being suicidal and eren does not even have the right to be suicidal coz he have to save his damn people

And by the way I am a manga reader
Jan 27, 2021 7:50 AM
Jun 2019
Probably not sympathisze but I can understand a lot of them. Reiner for example has his heart on the right place I think. Manipulated by his nation and just wanting to be accepted he became a warrior in the thinking that the people of Paradise are terrible people. He got there and fullfilled his duty and quickly realised that his actions were wrong. You can really feel the regret and that he's sorry about everything but on the other hand there was not really much of a choice for him once he started becoming a warrior, he chose his side.

Also Gabi and Falco, they're literally kids who can't process and understand the complexity of the world. At least Gabi sees an enemy in all the people of Paradise which is just so relateable. Since she was born probably she was told that those are the bad guys. Now they come into her land, kill her friends and destroy her hometown. I'm sorry but what do you think a 10 year old kid will feel in this moment?

Now, does this all mean that I think Eren and the people of Paradise are terrible people? No, absolutely not, I don't think there really was a way around all that.
Jan 27, 2021 8:43 AM
Dec 2020
always when I find some sympathy for the Marleyans, I watch the video where zeke slaughtered the scouts. I’ll never forget that how Marlo, Sandra and all the other recruits died with nothing but fear at the end. Look at the last 5-6 scouts who screamed their soul out while riding in the death. The guy who took charge after Erwin and marlo died screamed “fire“ and you could hear how terrified he was.
But I don’t hate the Marleyans tho, there are no good or bad people in AoT at the end
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Jan 27, 2021 8:46 AM

Sep 2019
I dont sympathize with the marleyans, but saying that they were the ones who started this is just missing the point of the story
Jan 27, 2021 8:53 AM
Mar 2018
Jaeger_bomb said:

Well, I don't know what happens later in the manga, but so far Eren did nothing to be comparable to Hitler. Sure, he killed many civilians in that ghetto, but killing civilians through, for example, plane bombing, was a common practice during World War 2 and all sides were guilty of committing it. Eren is still probably more innocent than your WW2 veteran pilot grandpa you probably think of as a hero. This is totally not comparable to, for example, planning to completely exterminate multiple nations like Hitler did.
Jan 27, 2021 9:18 AM

Apr 2017
I don't sympathize with Marleyans, I don't sympathize with Eldians, I only care about the characters I've spent 3 seasons with.

If Hunter x Hunter couldn't get me to sympathize with Chimera Ants, no way in hell is Attack on Titan gonna make me care about nameless civilians.
cunnysseur
Jan 27, 2021 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
I sympathize with neither side
Jan 27, 2021 10:38 AM
Apr 2020
well the anime does try to make you feel very bad for them so they didn't really do what they set out to do
Jan 27, 2021 10:38 AM
Feb 2014
No.
There's only so much room in my heart to care.
I sympathize with Carla, Erwin, Mike, Nanaba, Gunther, Oluo, Petra, Moblit, Marlo and all the other nameless flowers that fell. The rest can die.
Jan 27, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2018
Actually Middle East is like Eren and the other if you see history

Iraq is not who start war with USA and we now they attack for the oil and destabilizing ME and creating European migrant crisis

Jan 27, 2021 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
Personally I don't sympathise with both marleyans nor eldians.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Jan 27, 2021 11:00 AM
Jan 2018
@BenRyan

Look that is cool and all, but could you please not start a political shitstorm debate on MAL

It's the last thing we need
Jan 27, 2021 11:06 AM

Nov 2018
Descended_ said:
@BenRyan

Look that is cool and all, but could you please not start a political shitstorm debate on MAL

It's the last thing we need

Politic has some part in everything look for example here it's portraying ww1

Arabs or Turks vs Russian
Jan 27, 2021 11:14 AM

Jan 2009
this is like asking do we blame China (or the ordinary Chinese people) or their government that is CCP for the pandemic we have now

obviously we blame their government that is CCP and in this case the Marley government
Jan 27, 2021 2:27 PM
Apr 2018
People act as if the Marley Military knows everything about the truth, when it's being stated that only the Tybur family knew. That's the whole point of Willy's speech. The only thing that Marley as a nation, including those in the high ranks, actually know is that the Eldians fucked them over for almost to millennia as stated by Grisha's dad.

So, would you blame all the marleyans for hating them and waiting for their extinction? Even the king of the Walls that Tybur mentions realized that they fucked up Marley way too much, so he decided to retreat. Compare 2000 years of domination by the Eldians over Marley to the 100 years of domination by the Marleyans over Eldia, can you really blame them for hating the people in Paradis? They do have a point and that's why I sympathize with them.
Jan 27, 2021 2:31 PM
Nov 2018
AnimeLeviathan said:
Its not the Marleyans I sympathize with(Although I can see where they're coming from) but its the Eldians in Marley. Remember, those are the innocent people Eren's killing.
it’s funny that you only mentioned Ereh, when Armin clearly killed more.
Jan 27, 2021 2:42 PM

Sep 2020
KILL ALL THE MARLEY THOTS.

Eren suffered enough, let him take his revenge. Amen.

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Jan 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2019
AnimeLeviathan said:

Those are the dogs believing Marley's propaganda
Jan 27, 2021 3:10 PM

Aug 2019
DomineLkira said:
Only the average Marleyan who has no say in the policies of the Marley government and just wants to live his life peacefully.
The government and the other higher ups can fuck themselves.

We have seen that most of Marley citizens support war as german citizens supported the Nazi back in 1939
Jan 27, 2021 7:09 PM

Sep 2016
I mean both the Eldians and the Marleyans did horrible things in the past so neither of them are exactly right or wrong and this whole war seems pretty pointless which is the actual sad part about all this.

Tho as said here before if anything I sympathize/feel sorry for the Eldians who are treated like trash by the Marleyans inside the actual country of Marley where said Eldians are humiliated and brainwashed since birth to believe the Eldians from Paradis are actually evil.
Jan 27, 2021 7:49 PM
Nov 2019
In terms of the Eldians living in Marley fuck yes
Jan 27, 2021 8:14 PM

Aug 2019
That depends really, and it's a lot more nuanced that just a yes or no answer. Do the civilians openly support the war machine, oppressive and authoritarian nature of their military and government?

If they're governed by a military dictatorship like Marley, then their education system will be heavily propagandized to support their acts of aggression against other nations, their history books will lean favourably towards them, as will their newspapers and all forms of media that they consume. There are probably no alternative forms of media from elsewhere given the time period, so they're essentially being brainwashed and indoctrinated by their own government to believe what they want them to.

The children I have complete sympathy for, the adults less so, but still a degree of sympathy because they should be capable of at least using their agency to think for themselves, even if they don't public express it.

The same applies to the Eldians in the internment camps, who have been shamed and indoctrinated into hating their own people because of the sins of their ancestors. Encouraged to throw their children into the war machine to ensure they're able to live a slightly less shitty life inside the walls in order to atone for a debt that will never be paid. As Kruger himself put it, the cycle of hatred will continue to repeat itself over and over again until something stops it.

In an ideal world, both sides should be coming together to resolve the matter without conflict in a diplomatic way, but we know Attack on Titan doesn't take place in an ideal world. At this point, it looks like it's very much kill or be killed.
xenosysJan 27, 2021 8:20 PM
Jan 27, 2021 8:43 PM
Feb 2018
I feel sympathize for all the aot characters, excet the PIGS
Jan 27, 2021 10:15 PM

Jun 2015
I feel sympathize towards the eldians in Marley, Marley civilians who have been raised to believe the way they do and eldians in Paradis.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 27, 2021 10:28 PM

Oct 2019
I mean... you’re sorta supposed to empathize with both sides tho? Eren himself says “we’re all the same.” AOT shows the marleyan perspective for a reason.
But ofc fuck the Marley government lmfao
โ•ญโ‹Ÿโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ‹žโ•ฏ

Jan 27, 2021 10:55 PM
Aug 2016
Well. I understand the reasons both sides did what they do. But the marleyan government burning to hell, i completely am happy. Why?
Because in life, peace is tricky. People always offend but peace only comes from letting go. The marleyans were oppressed by past eldians agreed. King fritz created the peace treaty, went as far as brainwashing his people, wiping out the Ackermans because they resisted to near-extinction, brainwashing his entire lineage on a fully peace mindset. And the marleyan government couldn't just let go and even had a side agenda of taking resources from Paradis.

Were the past eldians guilty of tyranny? Yes. But it was a freaking eldian who offered the olive branch, a KING eldian. They were ready to seek peace. So the fact that Marley still kept on fighting and brainwashing for war purposes, I'm sorry but they deserve what they get. You might say they were hurt so much they couldn't let go. That's feelings talking, look at it with logic and with firm law, An eldian that oppressed you extended the olive branch and freaking moved away. You not accepting and using hate and past sins to justify it is your SIN and this is their punishment. I only feel sorry for the innocent people that had no idea what was going on in the political world and had no blood shed on their hands. Because you live by the sword, don't start crying if the sword comes back to kill you. It's even in the Bible. Same with the eldians invading (with what's going to happen next episode)
Jan 27, 2021 11:02 PM
Jul 2020
I dont know if this is bad or not, but I can relate to eren a lot, basically saying i dont think what he's doing is wrong. It's a war, people die in war, the innocent eldians may not have been directly involved but thats what war is. And its not like the honorary eldians didn't kill any innocent people in paradis, so in that sense I feel eren is justified. Also the marley administration sucks. i hate the tybur family, no sympathy in ep 7(that was just pure awesomeness) and all the new honorary eldians are hella ignorant, people like galliard piss me off.
Jan 27, 2021 11:03 PM
Jan 2021
You are a facist if you are rooting for either sides eradication. Both sides are wrong. I sympathize with both sides. None of their actions are justifiable. Its a fricking war. Its a whole gray area
Jan 27, 2021 11:07 PM
Jul 2020
ak0r3 said:
You are a facist if you are rooting for either sides eradication. Both sides are wrong. I sympathize with both sides. None of their actions are justifiable. Its a fricking war. Its a whole gray area

your post reminded me of this:
https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/18683609/attack-on-titan-fascist-nationalist-isayama-hajime-manga-anime
Jan 27, 2021 11:21 PM

Aug 2018
i don't sympathize with the marleyans,

i only sympathize with eren <3
Jan 27, 2021 11:25 PM
Jan 2021
Markio_midoriya said:
ak0r3 said:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/18/18683609/attack-on-titan-fascist-nationalist-isayama-hajime-manga-anime

I mean i ve never said that iseyama is a facist or his work is promoting this way of thinking (since it is doing [or atleast supposed to do] the entire opposite). Just because i mentioned the word facist you got reminded of that article? Must be a fancy word ay.
ak0r3Jan 27, 2021 11:28 PM
Jan 27, 2021 11:27 PM
Jul 2020
ak0r3 said:
Markio_midoriya said:

I mean i never critized iseyama being a facist or his work promoting this way of thinking (since it is doing the entire opposite). Just because i mentioned the word facist you got reminded of that article? Must be a fancy word ay.

hehe, might be, but that article gave me a good chuckle. The best part was that 50% of the comments were in favor of the articles. very good stuff.
Jan 27, 2021 11:37 PM
Jan 2021
Whoever does should stop watching AoT
Jan 28, 2021 5:13 AM
Dec 2020
Eldia has conquered, terrorized and ruled over the entire world for about 2000 years until they were beaten by marley. So my sympathies do kinda lie with them

Having said that, all the characters have legit motivation for what they do and I cant really blame anyone for doing what they do so far in the anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabiโ€ฆ

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.