Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 24, 2021 7:30 PM

Jan 2016
Heh nice bromance there xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 24, 2021 7:34 PM
Mar 2019
ACasualViewer said:
Well this really feels like Kaguya Sama now.

Or like Kimi ni todoke

Jan 24, 2021 10:56 PM

Aug 2017
One of the cutest shows I've ever seen. Loved the hand holding scene. Not cheesy at all.
Jan 25, 2021 2:25 AM

Sep 2020
Another cute episode of Horimiya is here!!

And yes, this episode was lovely! Especially the hand holding part!<3

It seems Tooru and Miyamura had a fight and it was rather funny xD

Since Souta is off to school and isn't home a lot, Miyamura and Hori-San get to spend a lot of time alone!>.<

Can't wait for tho next episode!!!
Jan 25, 2021 2:25 AM

Oct 2018
Miyamura's backstory sure is interesting to see! Poor Miyamura-kun, he's a very nice guy! But what's more shocking is the yaoi bait from Ishikawa-kun toward Miyamura-kun, which is hillarious!

Hori-san finally revealed that she's in love with Miyamura-kun! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I really want to see how will it end later on! But I feel bad for Ayasaki-san, but no other choice since Hori-san was jealous of her!

Ah yes, what's a romcom anime without having some conflicts? Ishikawa-kun and Miyamura-kun got into a fight for Hori-san! Looking forward for the next episode of how will they amend each other!
Forum set made by Nate
Jan 25, 2021 3:21 AM

Aug 2020
it feels really fast but it's still good nonetheless. I might actually read the manga. it felt like 4 chapters were adapted this ep? Correct me if I'm wrong. I want more Yuki screentime though. She looks a lot like Ritsu and I want some development from her heh.

Pretty funny that Miyamura beat up Ishikawa lol. That lowkey confession from them though, that was cute.
Jan 25, 2021 3:43 AM

Nov 2014
Started with Miyamura's backstory of his past, dark past in his younger days when he didn't have any friends and other kids keepstaying away from him and view him as a gloomy guy until finally in his high school era when Hori notices him as an individual. and it also tells frist time he pierce his ears.

2nd year in HS already and they are in the same class. First bro-moment from Miyamura and Ishikawa(LOL they tried to call each other on first name basis XD). Then finally he realized his first circle of friendship since hi was kid at last with Hori,Ishikawa, and Yoshikawa.

A bold move from Ayasaki, asking Hori as she pretend to take Miyamura away from her, well even it was a joke it seems that trigger Hori's feelings of not wanting Miyamura be take by anyone else other than her XD. that.... leads into the Horror Watching together in Hori's houses with scaredy cat Miyamura haha... and there were the sweet moments happen. the finger touching into hand gripping/holding of them when they confessed each other even tho she seems embarassed and tell him that she meant she like his hand XD and it seems that how he interpreted that too ahaha.

Next day Miyamura's got bruised, small fight with Ishikawa.. funny things that Ishikawa ended up worse than him since he only took first punch only and continue to beat Ishiakawa haha... Scary Miyamura awakens. Just because of simple reason.. Ishikawa really wanna to confirm Miyamura feelings toward Hori as he silently heard Ayasaki talking with Kouno about her previous meeting with Hori about taking Miyamura. Well in thend all is well as Hori asked both of them to make up with each other.

Okay now they adapted ch 10,11( only a little tho), and 12 respectively. Well.... it's definitely good, still that remaning part from chapter 11 that their skipped tho.. the moment after Hori and Ayasaki bickering kinda lil bit letdown since that part depict great development from HoriMiya themselves. It just seems the pacing kinda clunky and jumping lil bit fast especially like two previous episode when they skipped few good chapters that elaborate their development perfectly. I hope they tend to keep the pace good and not skipping any important chapters in the future. Well it getting closer to the great moments tho XD, Can't wait to see next episode.
Jan 25, 2021 11:35 AM
Oct 2019
Ahhh Hori that's so cute...
I love this Episode
Jan 25, 2021 2:09 PM

Dec 2017
There are things about the protagonist that I do not identify with, however there are romantic situations that more than make me enter the work, they make me see another me of the past. In addition, it is beautiful, it is organic, it is a genuinely good romance. As much as there are other very good novels this season, but Horimiya makes others look bad.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 25, 2021 7:06 PM

Apr 2020
So Remi was attracted to Miyamura.

The scene of holding hands between Muyamura and Hori made me smile xD
Jan 25, 2021 8:26 PM

Dec 2010
That project grouping things makes me miss high school... Even though I was in Miyamura's position where I don't really have a group and just join randoms.

That hit hard...
Jan 25, 2021 8:50 PM
Jan 2021
funny episodes, more suprisely but maybe its too soon to be a couple between them.

more conflicts please ...
Jan 26, 2021 6:32 AM

Dec 2018
That holding hand scene, I thought they already become a couple since Miyamura saying 'I love you' only.... but why Miyamura saying Hori just thinks of him as a friend when Ishikawa telling the truth? Weird but enjoyable episode.

Jan 26, 2021 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
That last scene really made me dislike Hori. Toru deserves way better than the treatment he's getting.
SJ7izmJan 26, 2021 8:18 AM
Jan 26, 2021 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
it seems that the father of hori, has not yet appeared.
Jan 26, 2021 11:07 PM

May 2015
Toru x Miyamura
and i don't even like yaoi

Hori is too hyped up
Jan 27, 2021 3:48 AM

Dec 2018
This episode was really cute. I hope Hori and Miyamura get together by the end of the season, don’t want it to end off with no romantic progress.
Jan 27, 2021 4:05 AM
May 2020
i guess being a social outcast for no apparent reason other than you visual appearance makes it hard to fit it so when a small minority chose not to abide by the rule of "judge a book by its cover" i makes the victim uneasy as their in a completely new environment
Jan 27, 2021 6:00 AM

Dec 2017
This episode was weird in some ways but I like it.

Also, I realized that Horimiya shows how high school life irl. In their group, there are boys and girls and they dont hesitate to hold hands or just speak ''normally'' because in other shows girls and boys are not that close even though they are ''best friends''.

This show is just a great example to show that between a boy and a girl, it would be a normal friendship. This thing kinda feel of in some other high school rom anime

Maybe in Japan things just go like this I dunno
Jan 29, 2021 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
Look out for the quiet ones, I suppose.

Not unreasonable given Miyamura's past.

However, him holding hands with Hori was so wholesome. To think that Hori even blurted out what she felt…
Jan 29, 2021 2:07 PM

Mar 2016
Not a huge fan of some decisions here.
The fighting part between miyamura and Toru happened before the hand holding scene in the manga.

It makes no sense to re-arrange the chapters like that. During the hand holding scene, Miyamura and Hori borderline recognize that they might have feelings for each other. Then, with this re-arrangement in the anime, we see Miyamura acting like he doesn’t know anything about how Hori might feel about him. I mean Miyamura is dense, but not that much smh. In the manga, he was genuinely clueless cause the fight happened before the intimate scene which sparked and amplified the feelings between them.

In the manga, miyamura even reflects on toru’s words from the fight (“what will you say if she said she loves you?”) after he and hori have the intimate moment, cause he starts to feel maybe there is something between them.

Also a translation error happened (probably?) if I’m going off the manga translations here. Miyamura said “ I like them (her hands)” again, and hori replies “Yeah, I heard you [the first time]”. He didn’t say “I love you” like the subs did.
Aside from the switching of chapters, it was a nice episode.
Shishou_23Jan 29, 2021 2:33 PM
Jan 29, 2021 3:07 PM

Oct 2020
Best episode so far.
Read light novels!
2023 Update: Do NOT read light novels. Regular novels are better. Glory to Haruki Murakami!!!
Jan 30, 2021 3:46 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Oh my, they were holding hands just like some legit love couples there :)

Did Hori forget Remi is Sengoku's GF or what? I was kinda surprised Hori couldnt see through Remi's joke about taking Miyamura.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 30, 2021 7:46 PM
Apr 2020
This episode made me so happy! It was super cute.
Jan 30, 2021 9:33 PM

Jan 2019
We're getting into romance cliche territory now- but anything that is a cliche is based on a bit of reality, right?

One thing that I don't think is being talked about enough is that Ishikawa is at Miyamura's house, or vice versa. That has to be a huge step for Miyamura.
Jan 31, 2021 7:41 AM

Mar 2019
Just watched it and holy shit, why is this so rushed? Just take your time and develop the characters, geez. So much stuff going on one episode.
Feb 1, 2021 5:21 AM
Jan 2020
Hori admits it, for once we have the girl going for the guy and its not the opposite. This show gives me some pleasant vibes and I am liking it very much. The fight that the two got into was for Hori. Poor Toru, Izumi didn’t even accept the fact and then Toru himself gets beaten up.
Feb 1, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2017
I love how Ishikawa's and Miyamura's relationship is getting deeper.

Feb 2, 2021 8:02 AM

Feb 2020
Ow. Miyamura is relatable (aside from his weird habit to hit people when they annoy him). Lemme give him a hug. He needs it.

Also, was that whole possessive behaviour from Hori supposed to be cute ? Because it's not cute at all, it's messed up. Considering that from what I've read here and there, she has the reputation to be pretty abusive, I'm worried. Izumi needs to be protected.
Feb 2, 2021 10:56 PM

Aug 2017
Woah Woah Woah!!! Remi that's not how you tease someone....

Ishikawa felt the wrath of Miyamura XDXD!!!

Feb 5, 2021 9:55 AM

Jun 2020
Are thwy jumbling up the chapters or something? Coz I read the manga some time ago and it didn't feel this fast. Here don't know why the story seems a bit out of place .
Feb 6, 2021 7:15 PM
Apr 2020
Instantly falling in love with all the characters already! I love the dynamic that keeps growing with Miyamura and Hori, so wholesome it warms my cold dead heart. The bromance between Toru and Miyamura is also fantastic and so funny, I love it. Can't wait to see more.
Feb 7, 2021 12:33 PM

Mar 2010
Seems reasonable that they are in denial but I hope they learn to stop doubting themselves and just go for it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 8, 2021 2:31 AM

Apr 2020
Tooru attacked Miyamura first but he missed and was finally fought back. Too bad for him. …φ(๑˃∀˂๑)♪

Feb 10, 2021 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
The Miyamura past segment was scarily relatable and had me tearing up the moment said "You're weird...but that's okay" as well as the previous moment when they all just put their desks next to his to form a group without a second thought.
Just wish Miyamura's present school life was even slightly relatable to mine =_=

Interested to see how things progress now that set of major turning points have occured: Hori saying Remi can't have Miyamura (even though I thought Remi had the school council president), the hand holding and the love confessions (about how they love each other's hands), and Miyamura snapping as Ishikawa over Hori followed by the meetup to apologise to each other.
Feb 11, 2021 3:38 AM
Jul 2020
Miyamura's backstory was so sad. When Hori and the others immediately grouped with him and they put their chairs together naturally, it was not a big deal for them, but for Miyamura it is ;;;-;
Feb 16, 2021 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
Miyamura's backstory was pretty rough, now it all makes much sense, damn.

Can't believe it's only the 3rd episode and they already confessed! What a dream, holy hell!

Gotta love this bromance, that fight and the whole reason for it were just epic xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 16, 2021 9:16 PM

Apr 2020
AivanK said:
Can't believe it's only the 3rd episode and they already confessed! What a dream, holy hell!
I suggest you keep watching the latest episode, because their speed will surprise you. ^o^

Feb 20, 2021 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
Wakarimasu said:
I suggest you keep watching the latest episode, because their speed will surprise you. ^o^

Just seen it man, holy hell! This romance is such a big step up from everything i am used to seeing.
Btw nice banner pic ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 25, 2021 3:12 AM

May 2015
Oh wow, that sudden "I love you" came out of left field lol.

The romance seems to be progressing pretty nicely.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 25, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2021
I like how hori and miyamura love each other but thing that bothers is that they just can't admit it honestly
And what a fight , Naisuuu Miyamura xD
Mar 3, 2021 3:46 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, a good episode. I like Miyamura backstory and the pacing is more normal this time.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 8, 2021 1:43 AM

Aug 2018
The episode was very good.
By the way, this is moving fast xd
Mar 18, 2021 2:02 AM

Apr 2016
Stories about friendship and love always make me smile when watching them
Mar 28, 2021 9:32 AM

Feb 2019
Man, this show just keeps on giving. Another perfect episode.

That scene with the hands was cute as hell!
Mar 31, 2021 9:05 PM
Jul 2020
First few episodes in and I'm actually enjoying it, It's not like one of those over the top romance shows.. The pacing is quite good too.
Apr 2, 2021 8:24 PM
Apr 2018
Toru is actually amazing. Idk, reeeeally like the guy
Apr 3, 2021 4:55 PM
Aug 2020
I hope purple guy will find somebody for him, he's such a sweet guy. :(
Apr 17, 2021 3:07 AM

Oct 2013
I feel so bad for Toru. its like Miyamura subconsciously playing with him, i know Miyamura likes Hori too, hes just dodging every question about his feelings, this guy better man up or just dont be friends with Toru, i feel sorry for him what a dickhead.

If both tell each other that they like Hori then it will be a fair game between those two
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

406 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 23, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.