Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2021 4:25 PM

Aug 2020
Minerrr said:
who cares about the CGI. thats bearable.

who the fuck is the sound director tho. hes incompetent

what bro,you don't like hearing the same ost and it overpowering the voices for the 100th time? too bad for you. no new soundtracks this season
probably due to limited time and not enough composers /s
Jan 17, 2021 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
At this point, the people that are bitching and moaning about mappa CG are more fucking annoying than the Mappa fanboys fr
Jan 17, 2021 4:28 PM
May 2020
Amazing episode. The titans looking really good for cgi, nice. Some bitch will complain anyways tho.

lmao, poor Marleyans looks like they have no chance, they are against Levi, Mikasa and based Eren. They almost took out the War Hammer in one ep.
Jan 17, 2021 4:30 PM

Oct 2018
Lux_Vacui said:
Such a shame this masterpiece of a manga is getting a merely "good" 7/10 adaptation. The new ost at the beginning was on point but as many pointed out the visuals and CGI was really hard to look at.

Nefelupitou said:
Can anyone here help me?

Can the Founding Titan control the other titans shifters? I didn't find a good answer on google.

Even though it hasn't been stated out loud in anime the answer should be clear, but i'll put it in spoiler just in case...

Hmm, thank you for your reply! Have a nice week!
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 17, 2021 4:32 PM
Sep 2020
After eps6 I thought that MAPPA focused more on JK than on AOT
Jan 17, 2021 4:33 PM

Jun 2009
Sad7727 said:
Minerrr said:
who cares about the CGI. thats bearable.

who the fuck is the sound director tho. hes incompetent

what bro,you don't like hearing the same ost and it overpowering the voices for the 100th time? too bad for you. no new soundtracks this season
probably due to limited time and not enough composers /s

I think he's talking about the actual audio mixing and sound design, and I totally agree - Eren's punches made that bizarre metallic pinging sound every time he threw a punch. It gave me horrific déjà vu of OPM S2 sound direction. Not massively important in the grand scheme of things, mind.
Jan 17, 2021 4:34 PM
May 2019
Sad7727 said:
people waiting for levi sakuga scenes

mappa:

levi entrance is in 2d.and it was good
ice skating entrance
Jan 17, 2021 4:34 PM

Mar 2013
I haven't watched the episode yet but wow does it seem polarizing.
Cant wait to see what its about.
Happy Halloween
Jan 17, 2021 4:35 PM
Oct 2018
Enjoyed it but they are using too much CGI, even for non-titans. The CGI for Jean and Connie was too much noticeable!!
Jan 17, 2021 4:36 PM
Aug 2013
amirrezaB said:
imbAF said:
The CGI was.....NOT THE IMPORTANT PART OF THE EPISODE OR AOT LOL....do the people who whine about CGI, that we already know this is how the fights will be, did they notice what happened in this episode? The parallels between what Gabi is going through and what eren went through when Reiner attacked? Willy's 2nd discussion with Magath, the fact that eren did not plan this with the scout, as hinted by Mikasa? Like we get it you hate everything, did you at least noticed the story xD

most people are manga readers so they know all the story & just complain about the production.
I'm glad that there IS someone who payed attention to the story.

Quoting this because I'm an anime only, and I have loved the story thus far. I know there's still much more to come but today's episode made me question Eren and company. I don't necessarily agree with him mercessly killing civilians, just as Mikasa said but if anything, I think this is why I like this anime a lot.
Jan 17, 2021 4:38 PM

Aug 2020
Hiro4ka11 said:
Sad7727 said:
people waiting for levi sakuga scenes

mappa:

levi entrance is in 2d.and it was good
ice skating entrance

we'll see CGI levi vs CGI beast next episode,and mappa dickriders will still say its better then S3P2 shitty animation
Jan 17, 2021 4:40 PM
May 2020
This will be a disaster later in the season. The only hope that I have in Mappa is them adapting dialogue scenes. They seem to look good there.
Jan 17, 2021 4:42 PM

Aug 2018
DAMN WHY IS LEVI SO HOT? AND MIKASA AS WELL!

pretty okay episode, minus the cgi
Jan 17, 2021 4:50 PM

Oct 2019
I will never stop being entertained by people who freak out when women cut their hair short xD A beautiful woman with long hair, people will hail her as a goddess, but the same woman with a bit of hair cut off, and suddenly people will start screaming at how ugly she is xDD

Other than that, I thought the episode was great, I loved the subtle differences in citizens' reactions here compared to the very first episode - on Paradis, people were horrified that the ever present threat finally reached them. On Marley, people were dumbfounded that a titan was in the city.

My one complaint was the war hammer titan's ability. While the others' abilities sort of make sense (hardening skin, calling other titans, burn up, etc.), "make whatever I want appear out of thin air" seemed a little too far-fetched even for a titan...
Jan 17, 2021 4:50 PM
Jul 2020
Attack on Titan, my favorite show of all time is ruined man. That had to be the ugliest shit I have ever seen😂 I really thought I was watching some ps2 gameplay😂💯 Guess I’ll just go read the manga.
Jan 17, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2020
Yeah the cgi wasn't the best but I think it's probably the best CGI Mappa could of done.
the new survery corps suits look amazing
I like how levi kept the green cape
Jan 17, 2021 4:52 PM

Dec 2015
I'd normally only talk about the episode but this thread is bothering me so damn much. Seriously, no one is gonna comment about Sawano being back with a new remix? Is CGI everything you guys can talk about?

Just to get this out of the way, my opinion on CGI after watching again and analyzing objectively, for 90% of the time it's pretty great. Just some human on the ground scenes looked a bit weird.
Now, as for the Soundtrack, it could have been improved considering we had again the trailer music, but it was not bad overall, specially considering the new Sawano track, by far the highlight of the Season for me. Direction was above average, but it could have been more impactful. However, despite the downgrade not being big, I'm now certain that I want a movie to end this show, because this could have been better. Overall, disappointing considering what we used to have, but far from being this catastrophe people are trying to say it was.

Honestly, Final Season MAL Forum is beyond salvation. Any chance of having objective and reasonable opinions are gone since 75% of the comments are just overreacting (some of them are straight wrong, comparing this to Berserk) and the other 25% doesn't show any kind of standard towards the adaptation (I've seen people saying they couldn't differentiate Kohta's music from Sawano; wich is just incomprehensible to me). I'll try not to be here anymore and try to find somewhere better to discuss. But considering I've already tried that, I'm probably gonna be here next week to get frustrated with this community again.

Also, considering most negative people are only rating this show after it ends, I genuinely think that the score will be downgraded after it ends.
Jul 2018
Loved War Hammer Titan's design, probably the most gorgeous one so far.

Sep 2012
Ugh, more ugly CG on titans and humans too.

Also, Mikasa's new hairstyle looks really bad.
Aug 2020
This episode was amazingly great, we finally could see Eren's titan in action, and the other characters too - Ackermans clearly were the GOAT of this episode. I just can't wait for the upcoming episode and maybe see Armin and Zoe :)
Jan 17, 2021 4:57 PM
Dec 2015
cgi = titan ok

cgi backgroud character=ok

cgi main char = no
Jan 17, 2021 4:58 PM
Nov 2020
ABSOLUTE DISSAPOINTMENT, I WAS EXPECTING SOME REAL GOOD ANIMATION FOR THIS FIGHT BUT NOOOO, THEY JUST HAD TO CJ ALL THE TITANS AND SOME PEOPLE.... ruined my day!
Jan 17, 2021 4:59 PM

Oct 2019
thiago52192 said:
I'd normally only talk about the episode but this thread is bothering me so damn much. Seriously, no one is gonna comment about Sawano being back with a new remix? Is CGI everything you guys can talk about?

Just to get this out of the way, my opinion on CGI after watching again and analyzing objectively, for 90% of the time it's pretty great. Just some human on the ground scenes looked a bit weird.
Now, as for the Soundtrack, it could have been improved considering we had again the trailer music, but it was not bad overall, specially considering the new Sawano track, by far the highlight of the Season for me. Direction was above average, but it could have been more impactful. However, despite the downgrade not being big, I'm now certain that I want a movie to end this show, because this could have been better. Overall, disappointing considering what we used to have, but far from being this catastrophe people are trying to say it was.

Honestly, Final Season MAL Forum is beyond salvation. Any chance of having objective and reasonable opinions are gone since 75% of the comments are just overreacting (some of them are straight wrong, comparing this to Berserk) and the other 25% doesn't show any kind of standard towards the adaptation (I've seen people saying they couldn't differentiate Kohta's music from Sawano; wich is just incomprehensible to me). I'll try not to be here anymore and try to find somewhere better to discuss. But considering I've already tried that, I'm probably gonna be here next week to get frustrated with this community again.

Also, considering most negative people are only rating this show after it ends, I genuinely think that the score will be downgraded after it ends.

Yay, someone I can agree with on here! Up until now, I've been going on this forum after each episode to see what others had to say, but given the general level, I think I'll drop out of the conversation all together and just keep my opinions to myself xD
Jan 17, 2021 5:00 PM

Jun 2009
Omegeria said:
I feel like this season is gonna be one which will glow the hell up from bluray touch ups

You have no idea how much I hope you're right about this xD
EDIT: It's nigh crucial for the legacy of the series imo. You've got to leave a version behind that you're proud of, and that stands the test of time.
Jan 17, 2021 5:01 PM

Aug 2020
Grimanir said:
Omegeria said:
I feel like this season is gonna be one which will glow the hell up from bluray touch ups

You have no idea how much I hope you're right about this xD

don't get ur hopes up whatsoever,they're NOT going to reanimate anything. merely correcting offmodel stuff
Jan 17, 2021 5:02 PM
May 2020
This was a great fight against war hammer titan. The episode showed that the two sides are both demons but yeah the Marley side started so I want that Eren wins
Jan 17, 2021 5:02 PM
May 2020
Omegeria said:
armchair3 said:
Just read the manga. Everything so far in the manga has been better that the anime. Talking about season 4 of course

But I want to experience the big final moments in the anime first. Do you think I’d still get a similar reaction to say the basement reveal last season from reading the manga?
Look, Mappa will never reach WIT's level. But everything that is not the BIG fights will be really, really good. Mappa knows how to handle dialogue/mystery scenes. So if you want to be surprised, I'd suggest you to keep watching the anime
Jan 17, 2021 5:04 PM
Jan 2021
great episode and MAPPA Doing great Job this episode
Jan 17, 2021 5:04 PM
Jul 2019
Having red some of the manga i can say that kappa did a decent job. The only aspects i didn't liked about the episode are that they re use most of their ost and censorship even tho that's not Mappa's fault and it will probably get fixed on a future blu ray.
Jan 17, 2021 5:05 PM
Jan 2021
Well the ccg is usually crap. The ccg used in this episode was actually good and way better than the ccg I have seen on other animes. However ccg is usually crap so it just make the animation just average on this episode and below average in many parts (just look how they massacred my floch) and for AOT standard it is just bad.

However the plot it just awesome, this plot will carry away this anime and even with this average animation this anime is still to good and many anime onlies will still think that this show is 9-10/10 and it is still quite possible that this anime take the first position in MAL by episode 16.

It is sad that this manga with so much great story gets this crappy animation, but I am fine with it if it improves manga sales since Isayama has already done quite a good job so he deserves his share on the sales it.

At least it was Mappa who took this mess and made something good, I cannot image how trash this season would be if pierrot (or other animation study) had taken this job.

Jan 17, 2021 5:12 PM

Aug 2020
Omegeria said:
dompsterfire said:
I was legit shitting myself the whole episode (in a good way).

will definitely have to watch the high quality version tomorrow. The WHT fight was great.

High quality version?
yeah cuz i watched the low quality stream. I just watched the subs rn
Jan 17, 2021 5:17 PM

Jul 2007
Japan is under a state of emergency due to the pandemic; the industry isn't exactly booming with cash right now & artists are already overworked & underpaid. I'll never understand the weird resistance people have to CGI in anime. It's fine in live action film and western animation, but not for Japanese anime...🤔

Weird standard, weird times. I'm over here vibing. I thought the War Hammer battle was exciting. It's nice to be able to enjoy things & Sundays have been pleasant. Thanks AOT
Jan 17, 2021 5:18 PM

Jan 2015
I agree that the animation was alright and it could've been better, but the hype and plot of seeing everyone is what save this episode from being a disaster.
Jan 17, 2021 5:19 PM
Feb 2017
sk8head said:
BlakexEkalb said:

It could be a 2 part movie, much like how Kizumonogatari was adapted into 3 films, each over an hour each.

I wouldn't mind that. The only downside is that it'll be delayed for the US like the Demon Slayer moive.

Depends. To keep the hype up, they might make it an international release.
Jan 17, 2021 5:20 PM

Mar 2016
i thought the WHT looked nice in some cuts.

the whole janky animation thing is not doing it and nor is the CG for me.

it was nice to see the squad's glow ups too! love the new uniform, they look badass <3

the scene of levi at the end was great!

Jan 17, 2021 5:23 PM
Nov 2019
Seeing everyone back was incredible, the moment Eren said Mikasa's name and when Levi appeared I nearly jumped out of my chair. Interesting how Levi is the only one who hasn't updated anything about him. I am glad that they acknowledge the civilian deaths and make it clear that not everyone is totally on board with it. It would be out of character for everyone to be ok with them.
Jan 17, 2021 5:24 PM

Aug 2020
I'm fine with all the character design on episode 6 (especially for levi, he look so fucking good), but tbh jean and floch look bad :c

Mod Edit: Added image tags; please only one screenshot per post.
anime-primeJan 17, 2021 5:27 PM

Jan 17, 2021 5:25 PM

Sep 2018
I dunno, this season just feels a little off, I don't feel as hyped as I did for all the other seasons. And yes, the animation was a little disappointing. Plus Mikasa has aged really badly, WTF, she's fugly as now.
Jan 17, 2021 5:27 PM
Sep 2016
thiago52192 said:

seeing an adaptation like this (7 or 7.5) having a rating above 9 means overreaction, an anime must be evaluated for what it is not for how good the manga is. The biggest problem is that this episode will be the best animation quality in the series, and towards the end of the season it will be worse and worse.
Jan 17, 2021 5:29 PM
May 2020
Today ep was what we called epic🔥🔥🤩 no matter how many time you watch you feel excited and every single is epic in the ep rating 10/10 and the line " now or never mikasa is on another level and badass entry this ep is really good if attack on titan makes #1 i am not surprised 😯😯
Jan 17, 2021 5:33 PM

Mar 2016
Necessary evil is only justified within cosmic linearity, seemingly, non-human intelligence. The moment human intellect is applied it becomes draped in subtle motive.
Eren's utter lack of empathy for killing children puts his evil on display for all to see. It isn't justified - it's impulsive and evil.
Reiner on the other hand has been living with the guilt of killing almost his entire young adult life and understands that the ends of his means aren't necessarily justified. The roles have been flipped and i think this is why a lot of people have dropped the show thus far. It's a shame because this is amazing writing.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Jan 17, 2021 5:38 PM

Dec 2020
ahh all of our favorites are back!! but they dont look that good imo :/
the next episode is going to be amazing if you know from the manga

rip zofia, she was the only warrior candidate i actually liked
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Jan 17, 2021 5:41 PM
Apr 2018
Goddamn, Gabi needs to die already, but it's clear she's going to stay for a while.

Amazing episode, all the guys are back
Jan 17, 2021 5:42 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Okay this episode is so interesting, I like it

Everyone from paradis island are back in action right away, I totally need their backstory when deciding and planning to attack Marley :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 17, 2021 5:43 PM

Apr 2020
IT IS FINALLY GOING INTO HELL! MIKASA IS HERE, THE SURVEY CORPS ARE HERE! WAY TO GO!!!

Before Willy Tybur gets eaten by Eren, we see the scene between him and Magath and his family before setting off stage. And the destruction has started, with Sofia instantly got crushed by the rock and Udo dying from the stampeding crowd, not a nice way to go.

Attack Titan vs Warhammer Titan, not a great fight but it was kinda alright. What I'm actually pumped for is "Now, Mikasa". FOLKS, THEY MADE THEIR LONG-AWAITED ENTRANCE. Mikasa is here, Jean is here, Connie is here, Sasha is here, LEVI IS HERE. EVERYONE IS HERE TO RECKON THE MARLEYANS.

Eren figuring out that the Warhammer is actually an egg or a cocoon was really smart, looks like they almost got the Warhammer. But Porco (Jaw) came in to stop Eren only to be stopped by Levi just in time. The last shot where the Survey Corps surrounds Porco was actually scary, he can never believe the true power of the devils of the Paradis.

Though the CGI didn't really help matters (even Jean is in 3D), what I'm actually at odds is Mikasa's designs. I already knew about the hair but damn even her face got changed by MAPPA's direction. Either way I'm alright with this episode, not as shocking as the last one.
Jan 17, 2021 5:44 PM
Oct 2015
Amazing episode, even with all the CGI.
Jan 17, 2021 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
The worst part in this episode is when it says "To be continued"

Jan 17, 2021 5:49 PM

Oct 2015
GakutoDeathGlare said:
I dunno, this season just feels a little off, I don't feel as hyped as I did for all the other seasons. And yes, the animation was a little disappointing. Plus Mikasa has aged really badly, WTF, she's fugly as now.

wtf mikasa is not fugly, she actually has the best glow up this season. I simp for her now over Levi,,
Jan 17, 2021 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
Arin-san said:
I don’t know if I should be disappointed or happy. One thing I learned, the anime will never reach the manga’s quality, at least not for me, I don’t care what your standards are.

What happened to Attack Titan’s roar? It sounds so weird. Last episode it sounded fine but now it’s softer and weird. So many off-model drawings. God, what happened to Jean? The only good soundtrack choice was at Mikasa’s entry. They used some weird soundtrack during Warhammer and Attack Titan’s fight.

As expected, CG was a terrible choice for Attack Titan, it looks bad, really bad. (This is my opinion, I don’t give a shit if you think it looks good). The moment when you can't ignore those janky CGI movements of titans, I hate it. Yes I said it, I hate the CG, now watch as 10 MAPPA fanboys come after me. AoT that I once knew is gone and it’s not coming ever again.
CGI for characters? WHAT THE FUCK MAPPA? Just what the hell are you doing? This is my endpoint, I tried to stay positive, but it's not possible. Now I know what that Chinese director meant when he said "Keep your expectations low for the next episode" This is Attack on Titan, I don't want to keep my expectations low because I'm not used to keeping my expectations low. Season should've been delayed, Wit should've never dropped AoT. My day is disappointed and my immeasurable is ruined.

Fanboys overhyped this episode for me and now I’m mad disappointed. I’m not even nitpicking at this point, these are visible criticism and you can’t expect me to ignore it for shit. This episode made me realize why reading the manga all the way through was a good choice.

It’s still a 5/5 episode because like I said, compared to AoT standards, it’s a very bad. But it’s still a great anime, if you choose to ignore the past few great seasons.

But hey... at least Mikasa looks good.. right?

Manga better! I need to let everyone know!Please remember that I read the manga and it was better!

That's why I come to anime episode discussions to let everyone know that manga is better!

Please don't forget my opinion that manga is better! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Also remember I don't care if you have a different opinion cause I'm that toxic.

Jan 17, 2021 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
damnnnn, kinda having mixed feelings about this episode... also kinda sucks that the fights dont look as nice as before :/
Pages (21) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.