Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 16, 2021 12:20 AM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:
well I'm not into much mecha anime, that's why I don't watch it and shinji like him is a boring character like Tanjiro and Deku so I don't see NGE, he looks loser and not badass like Eren on S4.

and why you always repeat the same question, 60 eps was made to perfect Eren's character, Isayama made Eren's character earnestly at first he was a naive boy who only wanted to take revenge on Titan then he found out the truth that everyone outside the walls hated Eldian and paradise , but he doesn't hate them after 2 years living with them, that's where he started to change and thought how to stop this chain of hatred.

If you still don't understand Eren, try watching this video.
https://youtu.be/k1yEZZIQ88w

It's funny how you talk about shit taste in protagonists and can't stand a protagonist who isn't going berserk every episode, Yes, Shinji is a loser, It's not flashy but it's portrayed realistically, That's why people praise him.

Also, Isayama didn't need 60 to convince us that Eren is an angry boi, Because one, We get it, Two, Using repetition to that extent is called laziness, He did the same with Mikasa trying to say she's overprotective by her saying Eren way too much.

And even if he needed these 60 episodes it doesn't change that he wasn't a good protagonist in them since him being annoying isn't an inevitable thing.

Why did you recommend me a video that'll spoil the show ?, I ain't gonna watch it, You're saying the same thing dude, "He gets better" and even if he does, Isayama should've chosen better ways to communicate his anger than this repetition until it gets annoying shit.

If you're trying to defend S4 then I didn't watch it, If you're trying to defend the previous seasons then don't say "He's gonna get better in S4"
you really don't understand what I mean here, I painstakingly explain if you look at it you will understand how Eren is, yes obviously that is a big spoiler, and to explain to someone like you really need a big spoiler like that. you are just a hater. I just spend time explaining to you why Eren is the opposite of worst. oh yeah i forgot i was arguing with a 15 year old kid sorry XD

If you don't want to watch AOT S4 well I don't care either.
Jan 16, 2021 12:38 AM

Feb 2020

In my opinion any of the below
Kiritsugu Emiya (reason - god of edginess)
makaoto itou (reason - cheating prick)
Wendelin von Benno Baumeister (reason - clueless pervert)
eren Yeager (reason - king of delusions)
Light yagami (reason - obsessed compulsive killer)
Etc....

Don't quote me because I mentioned any of your favorites. I don't want to discuss about it any more than what I have already told.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 16, 2021 1:23 AM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

It's funny how you talk about shit taste in protagonists and can't stand a protagonist who isn't going berserk every episode, Yes, Shinji is a loser, It's not flashy but it's portrayed realistically, That's why people praise him.

Also, Isayama didn't need 60 to convince us that Eren is an angry boi, Because one, We get it, Two, Using repetition to that extent is called laziness, He did the same with Mikasa trying to say she's overprotective by her saying Eren way too much.

And even if he needed these 60 episodes it doesn't change that he wasn't a good protagonist in them since him being annoying isn't an inevitable thing.

Why did you recommend me a video that'll spoil the show ?, I ain't gonna watch it, You're saying the same thing dude, "He gets better" and even if he does, Isayama should've chosen better ways to communicate his anger than this repetition until it gets annoying shit.

If you're trying to defend S4 then I didn't watch it, If you're trying to defend the previous seasons then don't say "He's gonna get better in S4"
you really don't understand what I mean here, I painstakingly explain if you look at it you will understand how Eren is, yes obviously that is a big spoiler, and to explain to someone like you really need a big spoiler like that. you are just a hater. I just spend time explaining to you why Eren is the opposite of worst. oh yeah i forgot i was arguing with a 15 year old kid sorry XD

If you think I'm a hater and you don't talk to 15 year olds then stop talking to me.

Also, If you want to actually have debates about shows or other media in the future, I advise you to stop randomly bringing the age of people, It makes you look like a loser that can't debate
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jan 16, 2021 1:35 AM

Jan 2020
light_straight said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

It's funny how ignore me loving Lelouch and Light Yagami just to say I like naïve MCs, Also, Yeah, I don't know how S4 Eren is since I didn't watch up to this point, Are the first 60 episodes of your perfect series not satisfying enough protagonist wise ?

Side note: I looked over your list and NGE isn't there, Did you watch it and forget to put it or are you talking about Shinji without even seeing the show ?

I think you really dislike eren, so I am not gonna convince you otherwise. But I have some points.

1. Eren never did a 180 in character. The whole first 3 seasons are a story of gradual breakdown of a revenge driven kid. You should also realise that s1 ep25 - s2 ep12 happened in a single day. So he was betrayed by 3 best friends in 1 day, 4 if you count ymir. In S3, he was so devastated because he realised that grisha killed historia's family. So his father did it to someone what titans did it to him. That's one hell of a guilt, because it nullifed his whole life goal.
S1 eren was not ready to abandon Levi squad to die. But S3 eren went through with a plan that will cause his best friend's death.

2. Why is a character developed in the 60th episode a bad thing? Different authors prioritise different things. Isayama just prioritised the world and the mysteries. That's why people who hate eren continue to watch aot, whereas people who hate, say light, drop death note quickly. If author is forced to flash out the best of their story in initial chapters, it is really not good for long term storytelling. AoT is all about long term storytelling. People leave questions and mysteries unsolved, because they have faith that the author will reward them with a good payoff.

Btw I like Shinji too. He's just a victim of the situation. He has the curse of being special. But the same thing applies to eren. This was discussed in S3.

I agree with some of the points and I don't want to turn this to a fight like with Nobara98, I just wanna ask two questions

Reiner, Bertholt and Ymir are best friends to Eren ?, He seemed to hate everyone most of the time, And the only interaction between them was 1 or 2 conversations, Isn't it a bit weird for him to feel so betrayed with people he didn't even like that much ?

If you think that it was understandably hard for Isayama to have to write good worldbuilding/mysteries AND characters, That's cool, But how does that make Eren a good protagonist (At least in the first 3 seasons) ?, You're saying that Death note didn't focus on stuff like worldbuilding and mysteries but tried to flesh out the characters more while AOT did the opposite, Which is fine, Y'know, The thing is I won't say that the worldbuilding in Death note was good, Am I makin sense ?
Jan 16, 2021 2:23 AM
Jun 2020
Probably the stupid MC from Renai Boukun. And Kazuya from Rent A Girlfriend.
Jan 16, 2021 2:27 AM

Apr 2019
Kazuya Kinoshita from Rent A Girlfriend. He's one of the worst protagonist I've seen.
Jan 16, 2021 2:48 AM

May 2020
Kazuya from Rent-a-Girlfriend, the most pathetic MC ever.
Jan 16, 2021 3:21 AM

Nov 2020
Chiibi said:
SomethinRandumb said:
What are his character flaws? Lol.

Did you like...not WATCH the show? Lol.

Kirito has a savior complex; he blames himself too much when bad things happen and that stunts his emotional growth. He is afraid to get close to ANYONE in the beginning until Asuna pretty much forces herself into his life.

He actually doesn't have a lot of self-worth. If you take away his support (Asuna and his friends), he's like a helpless child. Fairy Arc also shows how powerless his human self is when he is not in the VR world. That's why he spends so much time there; you can take from that he is someone who dislikes facing reality.

He has a hard time letting go of the past; he is still haunted by what happened to Sachi even though it was so long ago. He reacts the same way with Eugeo and actually tries to kill himself after reliving the memory of Eugeo's death.

He is reckless and that also gets him into trouble. Like I said, he doesn't CONSTANTLY need help but he SOMETIMES does...cause he's still a human teenager. Asuna had to save his life twice in Aincrad, Leafa had to help him rescue Asuna in Fairy Dance and Sinon had to save his life in GGO (because he thought he could handle her attacker on his own; turns out, he couldn't.)

And this is a minor thing but he's clumsy as fuck...also doesn't seem to like using anything but a sword because he's stubborn that way.

Kirito literally does not change in the slightest nor really learn from his experiences

@slightycognizant
Lol that's a motherfucking lie if I ever heard one.

I don't think so. There is a good reason why Kirito is often considered a "self-insert" or what I think is a "floating" or "empty" signifier.

Kirito has a savior complex; he blames himself too much when bad things happen and that stunts his emotional growth. He is afraid to get close to ANYONE in the beginning until Asuna pretty much forces herself into his life.

"Kirito literally does not change in the slightest nor really learn from his experiences and when he does it is usually at the detriment of another character"

He actually doesn't have a lot of self-worth. If you take away his support (Asuna and his friends), he's like a helpless child. Fairy Arc also shows how powerless his human self is when he is not in the VR world. That's why he spends so much time there; you can take from that he is someone who dislikes facing reality.

Kirito, in game and even in real life, does not in anyway lack self-esteem, it's quite the opposite, He is quite cocky; think of the time Kirito faced Roselia and her clique.

He has a hard time letting go of the past; he is still haunted by what happened to Sachi even though it was so long ago. He reacts the same way with Eugeo and actually tries to kill himself after reliving the memory of Eugeo's death.

"Kirito literally does not change in the slightest nor really learn from his experiences and when he does it is usually at the detriment of another character"

He is reckless and that also gets him into trouble. Like I said, he doesn't CONSTANTLY need help but he SOMETIMES does...cause he's still a human teenager. Asuna had to save his life twice in Aincrad, Leafa had to help him rescue Asuna in Fairy Dance and Sinon had to save his life in GGO (because he thought he could handle her attacker on his own; turns out, he couldn't.)

Most of these examples show his selflessness which is the root of his reckless behavior and selflessness is more so viewed as a positive trait.

And this is a minor thing but he's clumsy as fuck...also doesn't seem to like using anything but a sword because he's stubborn that way.

How is he clumsy in the first place.

Jan 16, 2021 4:11 AM

Mar 2019
Nalusa_Falaya said:
light_straight said:

I think you really dislike eren, so I am not gonna convince you otherwise. But I have some points.

1. Eren never did a 180 in character. The whole first 3 seasons are a story of gradual breakdown of a revenge driven kid. You should also realise that s1 ep25 - s2 ep12 happened in a single day. So he was betrayed by 3 best friends in 1 day, 4 if you count ymir. In S3, he was so devastated because he realised that grisha killed historia's family. So his father did it to someone what titans did it to him. That's one hell of a guilt, because it nullifed his whole life goal.
S1 eren was not ready to abandon Levi squad to die. But S3 eren went through with a plan that will cause his best friend's death.

2. Why is a character developed in the 60th episode a bad thing? Different authors prioritise different things. Isayama just prioritised the world and the mysteries. That's why people who hate eren continue to watch aot, whereas people who hate, say light, drop death note quickly. If author is forced to flash out the best of their story in initial chapters, it is really not good for long term storytelling. AoT is all about long term storytelling. People leave questions and mysteries unsolved, because they have faith that the author will reward them with a good payoff.

Btw I like Shinji too. He's just a victim of the situation. He has the curse of being special. But the same thing applies to eren. This was discussed in S3.

I agree with some of the points and I don't want to turn this to a fight like with Nobara98, I just wanna ask two questions

Reiner, Bertholt and Ymir are best friends to Eren ?, He seemed to hate everyone most of the time, And the only interaction between them was 1 or 2 conversations, Isn't it a bit weird for him to feel so betrayed with people he didn't even like that much ?

If you think that it was understandably hard for Isayama to have to write good worldbuilding/mysteries AND characters, That's cool, But how does that make Eren a good protagonist (At least in the first 3 seasons) ?, You're saying that Death note didn't focus on stuff like worldbuilding and mysteries but tried to flesh out the characters more while AOT did the opposite, Which is fine, Y'know, The thing is I won't say that the worldbuilding in Death note was good, Am I makin sense ?

Now they are not friends like say gon and Killua, but they are close friends. Many moments in anime has shown that, like eren discussing his mother's death and his motivation. You don't tell it to strangers. And the scenes where they were sparring and eating and hiking, are enough to convey that they are close friends. Now if you exclusively want a friendship arc, it would really hurt the pacing, because the events in anime are reordered from manga.

Death note is not really a good example here, because world building is not its main focus and selling point. It's not a fantasy anime ffs.

I really didn't want to say this, buy I think you missed or ignored Eren's development. There are hundreds of video essays on YouTube. Watch them if you want to.

For a reference, in the initial story, Eren and Edward from FmaB are the same angry but capable teens. Both don't talk gently to anyone. Both are clinging to an impossible goal, and disregard everyone else. I would even say Edward is more harsh. So it's not a problem of eren being badly written, because it's really not the first time a shonen series had an angry protagonist, who has tunnel vision, and is shouting all the time.

This is not directed to you, but bashing eren is the only way haters could've really justified hating aot. I have noticed hundreds of posts and comments on social media in which if someone wants to give a reason to hate aot, they would instantly say eren, or maybe pacing of season 1. General crowd, who are not on MAL is guilty of this.

Now as I initially said, nothing I say would make you love eren. And I am not trying to make you. But saying he's the "worst" protagonist, or even a badly written one is kinda unfair, or even idiotic.

I didn't come here to bash you or anything, but I just wanted to point out that maybe you hate him for bad reasons. And it's fine, you don't need to like him. But acknowledging him doesn't make you small.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jan 16, 2021 4:22 AM
Dec 2019
Thorfinn frm vinland saga.. Like he is worst than eren of Aot season 1
Jan 16, 2021 5:04 AM

Jun 2015
It was almost sad how badly written Bunny Girl Senpai's protagonist was...who you kiddin, that dumpster fire was hilarious lolol
Jan 16, 2021 5:41 AM

Nov 2019
Attackonfiller said:
lajz said:

thorfinn is even worse later on. But in a COMPLETLY different way than season 1. objectively he's one of the best mc but subjectively he's a mid mc

Somehow, I get what you mean. His character transformation is incredibly well done and fascinating to experience, but his ideology holds him back so fucking much in the world of Vinland Saga lol. He's one of the best, but it's hard to get behind some of his actions and decisions.

Jono47 said:
Eren Yeager. My god bro, stop yelling. Can't stand him man, lucky the story and supporting cast is good enough to cary such a trash MC. Kirito isn't great either, not a fan of him either. But Eren is the king of bad MC's for me.

I've seen many criticisms, but is yelling seriously what makes him the worst of them all? That's something lol

i never noticed him yelling that much tbh
"Nobody is stronger than me, even when I go easy on them. Remember that" - Ayanokoji Kiyotaka
Jan 16, 2021 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
Natsuo from domestic no kanojo

Natsu from Fairy Tail

Kirito

Touya from Smartphone isekai

Many isekai protagonists
Jan 16, 2021 5:50 AM

Dec 2018
Boruto because he’s a cunt of a Gary Stu.
Jan 16, 2021 6:12 AM

Dec 2020
Subaru, i literally want to kill him, not because he rejected rem, but he's always drooling over Emilia like : EmILa TAn, EmIlA TAn.
Jan 16, 2021 6:27 AM

Jan 2020
light_straight said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Now they are not friends like say gon and Killua, but they are close friends. Many moments in anime has shown that, like eren discussing his mother's death and his motivation. You don't tell it to strangers. And the scenes where they were sparring and eating and hiking, are enough to convey that they are close friends. Now if you exclusively want a friendship arc, it would really hurt the pacing, because the events in anime are reordered from manga.

Death note is not really a good example here, because world building is not its main focus and selling point. It's not a fantasy anime ffs.

I really didn't want to say this, buy I think you missed or ignored Eren's development. There are hundreds of video essays on YouTube. Watch them if you want to.

For a reference, in the initial story, Eren and Edward from FmaB are the same angry but capable teens. Both don't talk gently to anyone. Both are clinging to an impossible goal, and disregard everyone else. I would even say Edward is more harsh. So it's not a problem of eren being badly written, because it's really not the first time a shonen series had an angry protagonist, who has tunnel vision, and is shouting all the time.

This is not directed to you, but bashing eren is the only way haters could've really justified hating aot. I have noticed hundreds of posts and comments on social media in which if someone wants to give a reason to hate aot, they would instantly say eren, or maybe pacing of season 1. General crowd, who are not on MAL is guilty of this.

Now as I initially said, nothing I say would make you love eren. And I am not trying to make you. But saying he's the "worst" protagonist, or even a badly written one is kinda unfair, or even idiotic.

I didn't come here to bash you or anything, but I just wanted to point out that maybe you hate him for bad reasons. And it's fine, you don't need to like him. But acknowledging him doesn't make you small.
I want to deflate the tension with some points, One: I don't think he's the worst protagonist, If you look at my list, I haven't watched that many shows, And many of them had protagonists I liked (Light, Lelouch, Tenma) Or protagonists that weren't really noticeable and kinda just did what they had to do (Like in Anohana or Angel Beats) And I'm sure when I watch more stuff he won't be in the 4th spot.

Two: I've watched their first meeting and sparring scene again and yeah, I agree with you on that betrayal point

Three:I did watch some videos on AOT and Eren, And like many people in the fandom, Most of their points were valid if you saw a future event or read the manga (So I usually just close the video)

Another point is that I can bring other examples of stuff other than Death note, Shinsekai Yori for example focuses on world building and directing the most (Both of these are fantasy shows), And even though I don't really mind the characters being meh since other factors overshadow it, I won't say that the characters are good, Hope I cleared this point.

And I haven't seen FMA:B so I can't really use that reference, I don't know if Edward will be like Eren or not

I don't get it, How is seeing someone say that he hates titans over and over again way past the point of knowing that he's angry considered good ?

I said this to a previous user that Isayama could've communicated that he's angry in other ways instead of repeatedly saying his motivation, Even if it's realistic it's an annoying thing none the less, And don't tell me that he was focusing on mysteries and worldbuilding cuz then you'll be just saying Eren is good and justifiably bad.

Also, I'm not trying to shit on AOT for no reason or to not look "small", You said it's not directed to me but tbh I dunno why you included it if it's not. I can talk about other flaws in AOT like (Ep 1 Mikasa and Ep 60 Mikasa are the same, The asspull that was at the end of S2, Plot armor, etc) I just criticize Eren since the OP mentioned the topic, I have nothing to gain if I said a flaw I saw in AOT, I'm not some youtuber who'll gain views from the catchy title
Jan 16, 2021 6:44 AM
Apr 2019
A cardboard box has more personality and character than Ayanokoji from CotE. Keep in mind that I have yet to read the LN, which I've heard is much better.
Jan 16, 2021 6:55 AM

Mar 2019
Nalusa_Falaya said:
light_straight said:

I want to deflate the tension with some points, One: I don't think he's the worst protagonist, If you look at my list, I haven't watched that many shows, And many of them had protagonists I liked (Light, Lelouch, Tenma) Or protagonists that weren't really noticeable and kinda just did what they had to do (Like in Anohana or Angel Beats) And I'm sure when I watch more stuff he won't be in the 4th spot.

Two: I've watched their first meeting and sparring scene again and yeah, I agree with you on that betrayal point

Three:I did watch some videos on AOT and Eren, And like many people in the fandom, Most of their points were valid if you saw a future event or read the manga (So I usually just close the video)

Another point is that I can bring other examples of stuff other than Death note, Shinsekai Yori for example focuses on world building and directing the most (Both of these are fantasy shows), And even though I don't really mind the characters being meh since other factors overshadow it, I won't say that the characters are good, Hope I cleared this point.

And I haven't seen FMA:B so I can't really use that reference, I don't know if Edward will be like Eren or not

I don't get it, How is seeing someone say that he hates titans over and over again way past the point of knowing that he's angry considered good ?

I said this to a previous user that Isayama could've communicated that he's angry in other ways instead of repeatedly saying his motivation, Even if it's realistic it's an annoying thing none the less, And don't tell me that he was focusing on mysteries and worldbuilding cuz then you'll be just saying Eren is good and justifiably bad.

Also, I'm not trying to shit on AOT for no reason or to not look "small", You said it's not directed to me but tbh I dunno why you included it if it's not. I can talk about other flaws in AOT like (Ep 1 Mikasa and Ep 60 Mikasa are the same, The asspull that was at the end of S2, Plot armor, etc) I just criticize Eren since the OP mentioned the topic, I have nothing to gain if I said a flaw I saw in AOT, I'm not some youtuber who'll gain views from the catchy title

Sorry dude, you really lost me at the "asspull" in s2. It was explained in S3 very well. I guess you really didn't pay attention. No point in arguing with you.

And "shouting your goal" is a pretty usual trope in shonen. And eren says it a whole lot less than Naruto, Luffy, Gon etc.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jan 16, 2021 7:08 AM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:

If you think I'm a hater and you don't talk to 15 year olds then stop talking to me.

Also, If you want to actually have debates about shows or other media in the future, I advise you to stop randomly bringing the age of people, It makes you look like a loser that can't debate
okay kid I wait for you to mature to argue again, we adults can understand your unstable mind, argue with me when you grow up XD
Jan 16, 2021 7:12 AM

Jan 2020
light_straight said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Sorry dude, you really lost me at the "asspull" in s2. It was explained in S3 very well. I guess you really didn't pay attention. No point in arguing with you.

And "shouting your goal" is a pretty usual trope in shonen. And eren says it a whole lot less than Naruto, Luffy, Gon etc.
Yeah, It was explained later which is the definition of an asspull ?!?!? If Eren shot lasers out of his eyes in a fight and in the next episode they say that this type of titan can do that, It doesn't make it any better, Cuz that's the idea of an asspull, You pull a solution of your ass and then try to make it fit later, Anyway, I guess this is the end of the convo, Don't respond to this reply if you wanna peace out
Jan 16, 2021 7:30 AM

Jan 2020
Nobara98 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

okay kid I wait for you to mature to argue again, we adults can understand your unstable mind, argue with me when you grow up XD

Dude, You're embarrassing yourself, At least Light_Straight and Shingojira-chan were respectful in the debate and brought some good points, You just sound like an infant who saw their first PG-13 movie and is bragging to his friends. Chill out
Jan 16, 2021 7:34 AM

Feb 2020
Anyone who is useless and/or cries a lot, à la Subaru or Deku.
pls play jet set radio future for the microsoft xbox. thanks
Jan 16, 2021 8:08 AM
Aug 2019
Midoriya for he is a crybaby, if he had a spine, the series would be enjoyable.
Jan 16, 2021 8:21 AM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:
LOL, that's what is called development, no matter how many eps were spent building Eren development but what is clear now that he's the opposite of the worst, he's one of the characters with the best writing, you could say he's become like Lelouch and Light now.

So don't talk too much because you haven't even watched S4 yet, loser๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

Lol, Didn't know you were that much into AOT

The difference between Lelouch and Light is that they start good and become better, Y'know, Like most well written characters.

Isayama didn't have to make Eren annoying if he was a more clever writer, I dunno why AOT fans think that when things get better all the previous episodes are erased, Nah, S4 is about 21% of the show and even if it's all that amazing we had to go through 59 episodes of Eren screaming to get here because Isayama couldn't write a good protagonist, Das it fam
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nobara98 said:
LOL, that's what is called development, no matter how many eps were spent building Eren development but what is clear now that he's the opposite of the worst, he's one of the characters with the best writing, you could say he's become like Lelouch and Light now.

So don't talk too much because you haven't even watched S4 yet, loser๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

The difference between Lelouch and Light is that they start good and become better, Y'know, Like most well written characters.

Isayama didn't have to make Eren annoying if he was a more clever writer, I dunno why AOT fans think that when things get better all the previous episodes are erased, Nah, S4 is about 21% of the show and even if it's all that amazing we had to go through 59 episodes of Eren screaming to get here because Isayama couldn't write a good protagonist, Das it fam
Well I Saw all your comments in this discussion, it looks like you just hate Eren and can't accept his development, I'm a bit bad at explaining but try watching this video, surely all your question will be answered, why does it taken 60 eps to develop Eren's character and why is Eren the best protagonist of all time.

https://youtu.be/V3d7-_xRpaA
Snow_dropindo99Jan 16, 2021 8:28 AM
Jan 16, 2021 8:28 AM

May 2020
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Nalusa_Falaya said:

Well I Saw all your comments in this discussion, it looks like you just hate Eren and can't accept his development, I'm a bit bad at explaining but try watching this video, surely all your question will be answered, why does it take 60 eps to develop Eren's character and why is Eren the best protagonist of all time.

Bruh doesn't that have a lot of spoilers ? This dude hasn't even started Season 4

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 16, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2020
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Nalusa_Falaya said:

Well I Saw all your comments in this discussion, it looks like you just hate Eren and can't accept his development, I'm a bit bad at explaining but try watching this video, surely all your question will be answered, why does it take 60 eps to develop Eren's character and why is Eren the best protagonist of all time.

Umm, Well, I don't want to spoil things for myself, I told the previous user the same thing when he recommended me a video.

I'll probably watch them both when I actually finish S4 since this video talks about chapter 121
Jan 16, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2020
shingojira-chan said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

Bruh doesn't that have a lot of spoilers ?
yeah this obviously has a lot of spoilers, but if it doesn't show spoilers it won't be able to answer all this guy's questions.
Jan 16, 2021 8:36 AM

Oct 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

Umm, Well, I don't want to spoil things for myself, I told the previous user the same thing when he recommended me a video.

I'll probably watch them both when I actually finish S4 since this video talks about chapter 121
Hmm i see

it's up to you whether you want to see the spoilers or not because all the answers to your questions are all on this video.
Jan 16, 2021 8:42 AM

Jan 2020
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Hmm i see

it's up to you whether you want to see the spoilers or not because all the answers to your questions are all on this video.

I'll make sure to watch it after I finish the series
Jan 16, 2021 10:14 AM
Oct 2019
Seeing most of the posts here, I think the title should be 'Is Eren the worst protagonist?'.
Just wanted to know.. who're the protagonists who're greatly written and are of age less than or equal to 15(since Eren is 15 till s3p2).
For eg, Killua, who else.. I don't know
Jan 16, 2021 12:06 PM
Feb 2020
Tendo_GM said:
Aftab01 said:
I know, I'm legitimately complimenting you, trolled that guy real hard.

There is also a great comeback line if he says “Eren gets better later when he grows up”, you then say “So does Thorfinn” :D
Well I can see that lead to some pretty friendly discussions, all kidding aside the AOT fandom is so annoying these days.
Jan 16, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2020
Aftab01 said:
Tendo_GM said:

There is also a great comeback line if he says “Eren gets better later when he grows up”, you then say “So does Thorfinn” :D
Well I can see that lead to some pretty friendly discussions, all kidding aside the AOT fandom is so annoying these days.

Exactly, I said the same thing in a different thread. Im glad im not the only one who thinks that.
Jan 16, 2021 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Those of you who liked Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, then it's definitely Ikki who is the worst protagonist of all time. Just because he failed that doesn't mean he has the right to being the best, even if he's being helped out by such filthy redhead girl who he even deems as his fiancee and it makes no f***ing sense, it's just terrible

Such stupid a** show that should never exist
removed-userJan 16, 2021 2:18 PM
Jan 16, 2021 4:25 PM

May 2020
any light novel protagonist with 0 personality
โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡
Jan 16, 2021 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Every single degenerate harem/ecchi protagonists.
Jan 16, 2021 5:03 PM
Mar 2018
who is the worst protaganist of all anime?

its Naruuuto

Naruuuto!

Believe it!
Believe it!

JUST FUCKEN BELIEVE IT!
what?
Jan 16, 2021 5:13 PM
Oct 2018
Makoto from School fucking Days, this garbage
Jan 16, 2021 5:55 PM

Nov 2008
slightycognizant said:

I don't think so. There is a good reason why Kirito is often considered a "self-insert"

Uh no. Only SAO-haters consider him that. They claim he has no personality but that's only because they hate him.

I just explained to you how he changed. If you compare him from episodes 1-3 with how he is during episodes 24-25, he is NOT the same person at all.

Kirito, in game and even in real life, does not in anyway lack self-esteem, it's quite the opposite, He is quite cocky; think of the time Kirito faced Roselia and her clique.

Yes, he ACTS cocky but he does not value himself very much. Otherwise he wouldn't have tried to kill himself TWICE in the show. Perfect people do not attempt suicide, ok?

Most of these examples show his selflessness which is the root of his reckless behavior and selflessness is more so viewed as a positive trait.

How tf does needing help from others show "selflessness"? You're talking out of your ass.

How is he clumsy in the first place.

Every time he tried flying, he landed flat on his face. It was hilarious. He is also not very physically fit; Suguha beat him at kendo since he was weakened from the game and the movie shows him bitching about how much he hates exercise and is much happier laying on his bed with the helmet on his head.
ChiibiJan 16, 2021 5:59 PM

Jan 16, 2021 6:06 PM

Sep 2016
Haruki Kitahara from White Album 2.
Jan 16, 2021 6:09 PM

Mar 2020
Subaru easily! I never hated an anime protagonist this much
Jan 16, 2021 6:09 PM

May 2020
Easy question, no doubt, Kazuma from Rent-a-girlfriend, WORST OF THE WORST.
Jan 16, 2021 6:12 PM
Jun 2020
LET MEE SAY: TOMOYA AKI FROM SAEKANO.
Jan 16, 2021 7:45 PM
Nov 2016
Deku because he won't fucking stop crying

Jan 17, 2021 1:28 AM

Mar 2018
Keita from KissXSis. He is the worst protagonist. In the start I kinda liked him but reading the manga just made me not like him so much.
Jan 17, 2021 3:57 AM

Aug 2020
Appraises said:
Easy question, no doubt, Kazuma from Rent-a-girlfriend, WORST OF THE WORST.
YES OFC. He's just too bad. Blushing all the time, and being a total trash in the series.

"It's a terrible day for rain."
Jan 17, 2021 4:01 AM

May 2020
Makoto from School Days. He's just a trash human being.
Jan 17, 2021 4:32 AM
Aug 2013
hades884balding said:
Haruyuki Arita from Accel World

Boruto Uzumaki from Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Fujii, Natsuo from domestic girlfriend

Boruto is far from a bad protagonist, dude is actually pretty cool. Not as cool as naruto was obviously but far more skilled and smarter at the same age
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 17, 2021 4:43 AM
Aug 2013
I still think tsuna from hitman reborn is one of the worst cringe mc's of all time...his only redeeming quality is near the end of the anime he actually gets stronger but I mean his personality still sucks the whole anime he remains a wimp the whole time with no confidence at all

The MC from classroom of the elite is actually so bad he's the most boring and generic mc of all time, he has the personality of cardboard and shows no emotions he is super boring and not an interesting mc

The worst MC for me though is Subaru from Re:zero, I absolutely can't stand this guy he's the biggest simp, wimp and crybaby of all time

Now there is some MC's who annoyed me really badly but are cool now those would be like for example eren from AOT during the first seasons
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jan 17, 2021 5:30 AM

Sep 2020
AnimeDownUnder said:
hades884balding said:
Haruyuki Arita from Accel World

Boruto Uzumaki from Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Fujii, Natsuo from domestic girlfriend

Boruto is far from a bad protagonist, dude is actually pretty cool. Not as cool as naruto was obviously but far more skilled and smarter at the same age
You may be right but i see him as a spoiled brat,and he doesn't understand the duty of Hokage and just complains abt everything.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - Yesterday

36 by LenRea »»
44 seconds ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 8 hours ago

35 by Acctra »»
5 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

131 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

62 by Nndrei »»
9 minutes ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

38 by IKKIsama »»
13 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.