Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2021 7:57 PM
Apr 2018
Read the entire thread, and all I can say is...

stay pressed, Emilia haters. :)
Jan 13, 2021 7:57 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode on the whole.

Otto is the best male character in the show hands down, way too awesome of a guy. Deserves more praise than he gets and definitely way more screentime than he gets. Was surprised to know he had such powers but I guess it has been hinted with the way he interacted with the land dragons.

The Subaru and Emilia sequence was extremely well done, absolutely incredible performance from both seiyuu's especially Rie Takahashi, all I can say is wow. Subaru does kinda fail big time at articulating things and showing tact in places, given he doesn't know how else to explain his reasoning for believing in Emilia while also being blunt as hell about all her shortcomings. He kinda fails big time to reason himself out to her when she's constantly trying to find an answer that she can understand. He ends up repeating the same thing because he doesn't really know what else to say, that it almost looks like he's gonna repeat it until Emilia somehow intuitively understands what he's trying to get across to her. I guess in some ways, the kiss was his solution to helping her 'get it'.

The kiss scene was beautiful, the insert was beautiful and I at least gotta commend Subaru for having good taste. He knows what's great about the best girl. At the end of the day, he might not be the most charismatic person around but what works, works.

The strength of heart required to face oneself has been made to manifest!
Jan 13, 2021 8:02 PM

May 2019
ah,sharing my though here too.

What do you think about this line from Subaru? (from Light Novel, the source):

[Subaru]"Put on a cute face like I want a little more often, would you?!”

[Emilia]“Don’t talk about me like I’m some sort of doll!

For me it spoiled the kiss and everything. Repeat 100 times "i love you" don't fix an unhealthy obsessed mind (that comprehensively is affected with all sorts of PTSD right now)

Subaru is the type of toxic man that would kill himself, or kill Emilia, or kill both, once she reject all his "absolute love".

OK IMMA CALLING IT... SUBARU IS NOT PUCK, SUBARU IS THE WITCH OF ENVY. (theory, lol)

Jan 13, 2021 8:31 PM

Apr 2014
Best confession ever and first kiss, with a bit of snot mixed in it lol. Way to go Barusu!

and hats off to Otto, well deserved backstory!

MaFaHaiJan 13, 2021 8:35 PM
Jan 13, 2021 8:37 PM

May 2020
I see frequent complaints about this episode particularly about the dialogue. Let me explain.

The author can obviously write really great dialogue when it needs to(e.g. From Zero and Parent and Child), but the dialogue in the argument in this episode was great in a different way, the dialogue didn't need to have any fancy words or lines, the way they handled the script was perfect for that moment because it perfectly showcased the raw emotion between the two characters, their whole argument was intentionally written to be an incoherent jumbled mess, which added a touch of realism and made the whole scene much more emotional. You could practically see the amount of emotion both of them are letting out while screaming at each other, and letting out their true and genuine inner feelings, their emotions and actions speak for themselves.
GilgameshuuJan 13, 2021 8:42 PM
Jan 13, 2021 8:46 PM

Aug 2019
That was fucking S tier bro, hands down amazing episode for this series. Really liked that scene with Emilia and Subaru, on one hand for Emilia, Subaru might of sounded selfless with his emotions for her, on the other, was Subaru trying to tell Emilia he loves her for who she is, regardless of her flaws. All in all it was really just two people hurting with their own deal of problems, slowly realizing what they needed most rn, was each other.
Also, that kiss scene was heart-warming, slightly overdone with the lighting, but given the mood and setting, i'd say it was appropriate and well done in my opinion.

mmh ngl though, even though this was a sweet episode, my heart hurts even more now for Rem ;-;

Loved that for the first half, the spot light was on Otto, my boi has been slept on for a while, about fucking time they showed his past and gave him the microphone, and damn did he deliver. Super interesting past about his life growing up with a divine blessing, and how he inevitably met Subaru.

Really gave Garfiel a run for his money, as well with the help from Ram, but that ending scene though, looks like things didn't end after Ram's attack. Really hoping Subaru knows what his next move is, and didn't just potentially let Ram and Otto die for that moment.
Jan 13, 2021 9:11 PM

Oct 2008
Breakthrough performance by Rie Takahashi!
Rejoice! Emilia fans!
Rem fans would rage!!
5/5.

Jan 13, 2021 9:24 PM
Nov 2019
Otto might be one of my favorite characters in this show now, between the last episode and this one. Sure hope he and Ram aren't dead though. You never know with this show. The Subaru and Emilia scene was great as well. I wasn't expecting a kiss this soon, so that was quite the surprise.
Jan 13, 2021 9:26 PM

Aug 2020
A MASTERPIECE OF AN EPISODE

FINALLY. LN READERS HYPED THIS AND IT DID NOT FAIL.

the first part was really good especially when we got back to present time when Realize played and the ram fight scenes were really good. She's op lol. goosebumps.

but the second part oh boy. it was all dialogue and I fucking loved it. Rieri's performance along with Kobayashi Yuusuke was god tier. That insert song was amazing and it certainly hit hard. Sasuga Takahashi-san!

We didn't get the op and ed this week too and i'm not even mad.

and I loved the scene in the end where Emilia saw Subaru. doesn't sound like much but it means that Emilia finally acknowledges him.

man so many emotions and this is just the second episode. 10/10.
Jan 13, 2021 9:30 PM

Mar 2019
Maybe it is because im more Team Rem... and 10000000+ times Team Betty...

But those feelings, didnt reached me completely...

Rem & Subaru's episode in 1th season, was a lot better...

Actually, i could even say, that i liked more Otto's first half...

I liked the Eyes and Attitude of Subaru... but still, didnt reached at all that episode in the 1th season..

Also the OST, was good,...... but not Great, maybe that was the WEAK point of the moment...

The episode was Great, but we already got better ones...
YuyoAlbertoJan 13, 2021 9:35 PM
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 13, 2021 10:03 PM

Jun 2016
OH YESS!!!!!!

MA BOI, he get the KISS !!!! THAT KISS IS THE BEST

AFTER ALL HELL he got !!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE !!!

Jan 13, 2021 10:36 PM
Apr 2016
I couldn't care about the first half all that much, since Otto is just... meh. However, I really liked the second half! I like how it took a lot of convincing with his "I love you," made it feel way more real.
Jan 13, 2021 10:37 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Holy shmokessss. BEST EPISODE. I went from crying at how much of a bro Otto is, to screeching at an ungodly hour of the night. Emilia really is best girl, hands down.
Jan 13, 2021 10:41 PM

Jul 2020
Not gonna lie the second half was little too cheesy for my taste but yeah still cute though. And Subaru deserves that kiss. Go, protect your girl bro. We cheering for you here!

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 13, 2021 10:43 PM

Jun 2020
Gilgameshuu said:
I see frequent complaints about this episode particularly about the dialogue. Let me explain.

The author can obviously write really great dialogue when it needs to(e.g. From Zero and Parent and Child), but the dialogue in the argument in this episode was great in a different way, the dialogue didn't need to have any fancy words or lines, the way they handled the script was perfect for that moment because it perfectly showcased the raw emotion between the two characters, their whole argument was intentionally written to be an incoherent jumbled mess, which added a touch of realism and made the whole scene much more emotional. You could practically see the amount of emotion both of them are letting out while screaming at each other, and letting out their true and genuine inner feelings, their emotions and actions speak for themselves.

Man, I also have the same thought too. Although it may be very incoherent and childish (cheesy) for them to argue each other, but that's the whole point. Due to the effect of being mostly secluded, it touches their immature moment of berating each other to the point that they finally realize and understand what and how each of their flaws within themselves have been stated in terms of their unhealthy relationship until there is an opening point when he can finally confess his feelings into something that he can firmly hold the promise with pure and frank loyalty.
HanashiD4Jan 13, 2021 10:49 PM

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Jan 13, 2021 10:48 PM

Sep 2016
28mins of content. White fox flexing hard lmao.
An insert song, holy shit. Can't wait to play it on loop for hours now. Takahashi Rie is an absolute goddess delivering once again. But OP, when?
Man, my 2021 has already been saved thanks to this ep. Can't wait for the next episode now, iirc we'll see something interesting ;)
Jan 13, 2021 11:03 PM

Aug 2019
really wish I liked this show as much as everyone else but for some reason I just can’t, but I must say that voice acting in this episode was top notch
snowykevinJan 13, 2021 11:19 PM
Jan 13, 2021 11:10 PM
Sep 2013
Otto best boi.

Ram fighting the tiger boy was hilarious lol.

Overall freaking loved the episode. Initially the SubaruxEmilia felt like ep 18 (starting from zero) and instead of rem it was Subaru, but partway through I got vibes it was gonna turn sour like when Emilia and Subaru fought after the knight Incident but my man pulled it together! #TEAMEMILIA #4EVER
Jan 13, 2021 11:13 PM
Aug 2020
Can anyone tell me the use of the barrier jewel which emilia and Garfield has??
Jan 13, 2021 11:15 PM
Feb 2017
FireFistYK said:
If Arc 4 isn't a masterpiece, then nothing is

Whitefox have done more than I could've hoped for and so have the voice actors! Blows episode 18 out of the water!

Been waiting for this scene for years, EMT BANZAI!

And it's only gonna get better from here on out

Woah woah woah settle down episode 18 was amazing, don’t say it blew it out of the water.
Jan 13, 2021 11:31 PM

Apr 2008
9Vincent9 said:
Full on cap

but here let me explain why

Your first point is based on purely on your feelings instead of looking at the intention of these characters.

When Emilia questioned if Subaru's love for her would still be there, if her memories coming back changes her as a person, Subaru recalls back the homework his mother laid out for him.

"What's important is not where you start, or what happens midway but how it ends"

Subaru finally realizes what that means and applies it in this particular situation, The side he's seen of Emilia, he's confident that her memories coming back would not change her as a person, Because he loves her, Because he believes in her.
Who she is now is does matter.

a good part of this bickering is also is a direct parallel to episode 18, where one person is filled with doubt and self-hatred and the other is non stop sending their positivity towards their way

I don't know, man, I'm still not convinced.

I certainly see what they were trying to do, but I seriously can't justify Subaru's reasons, because I've been in his shoes when I was about his age, and know that his reasoning can be extremely distructive for a relationship, if everything doesn't work out as they want. It surely is realistic (especially for two teenagers), but it's not healthy at all.

The main difference with Rem's confession is that Subaru, in that situation, already had strong feelings for her too (he even proposed her to run away), he already trusted her seeing how much she had done for him in all the time loops, and all that he needed was for someone like that to tell him that he was important and that he was loved and appreciated for who he can really be. Rem wanted to cheer up Subaru, not to shove her feelings on him, as Subaru is doing with Emilia in this case just to show her that he can trust him.
Emilia is in a situation where: 1) she doesn't know who she can trust (not even herself); 2) her feelings for Subaru are not as strong as his (she appreciate them, but they're still not mutual); 3) she is facing a trauma that might lead her to change completely once she'll know her past. I understand that "who she is now does matter" for Subaru but, as someone else already said, does she feel the same about it? And if not, why is she supposed to just because someone else loves her for what she is now and has no idea what the future will be? I mean yeah, it's romantic, but realistically speaking it's really hard for it to work out. Up until now, Re:Zero has been very realistic and mature about such topics, so this whole part seemed completely out of place to me, if their goal was to convey romantic feelings. But I'm clearly a minority in this. I probably have very specific ideas on what a healthy relationship should be based on.

Also, was it really necessary for Subaru to tell her she was a pain-in-the-ass? I mean, it's true, but she didn't need to be told it in such a way, not in THAT moment where she's already broken enough.

I don't know, maybe my opinion is just very biased due to my life experience. I can only hope that the "reason for breaking the promise" is what really gives sense to this.
RomoresJan 14, 2021 12:16 AM
Jan 13, 2021 11:44 PM
Feb 2017
I love Emilia’s VA. She is amazing in every role she plays in.

Emilia is finally known that she is loved for and cared about by Subaru. I’m not an Emilia simp, I go for Rem or Echidna, but I can still accept that this moment was great.
Jan 13, 2021 11:48 PM
Jul 2019
Man, Re:Zero just keeps getting better and better. This episode is a masterpiece.

Imagine if Subaru dies again and has to redo this. God I hope not.
Jan 13, 2021 11:59 PM

Aug 2016
Honestly 5% of me thought when he said to dodge if she didn't want it; he was going to headbutt her and then do a witty remark to boost her confidence.
Jan 14, 2021 12:05 AM
Aug 2016
What a fantastic episode! I just had one query. What was the promise between Subaru and Emilia which was broken? I am a bit confused on that.
Jan 14, 2021 12:16 AM

May 2020
Koustubh said:
What a fantastic episode! I just had one query. What was the promise between Subaru and Emilia which was broken? I am a bit confused on that.

It was a short scene from Season 2 Episode 14 after Puck breaks his contract with Emilia, she asked Subaru to hold her hand until morning.
Jan 14, 2021 12:21 AM
Apr 2020
It was amazing, Emilia and Subaru kissing 😘
Jan 14, 2021 12:21 AM
Aug 2016
Gilgameshuu said:
Koustubh said:

It was a short scene from Season 2 Episode 14 after Puck breaks his contract with Emilia, she asked Subaru to hold her hand until morning.

Oh, I see. Now I get it. Thanks dude!
Jan 14, 2021 12:56 AM

Oct 2019
Finally the kiss.
I also loved Otto's backstory.
Jan 14, 2021 12:56 AM
Dec 2016
Genuinely one of my favourite episodes. i'm not a source reader so i don't know how well it was adapted but i really enjoyed otto's backstory and the ending.
Jan 14, 2021 1:03 AM
Nov 2020
Romores said:
9Vincent9 said:
Full on cap

but here let me explain why

Your first point is based on purely on your feelings instead of looking at the intention of these characters.

When Emilia questioned if Subaru's love for her would still be there, if her memories coming back changes her as a person, Subaru recalls back the homework his mother laid out for him.

"What's important is not where you start, or what happens midway but how it ends"

Subaru finally realizes what that means and applies it in this particular situation, The side he's seen of Emilia, he's confident that her memories coming back would not change her as a person, Because he loves her, Because he believes in her.
Who she is now is does matter.

a good part of this bickering is also is a direct parallel to episode 18, where one person is filled with doubt and self-hatred and the other is non stop sending their positivity towards their way

I don't know, man, I'm still not convinced.

I certainly see what they were trying to do, but I seriously can't justify Subaru's reasons, because I've been in his shoes when I was about his age, and know that his reasoning can be extremely distructive for a relationship, if everything doesn't work out as they want. It surely is realistic (especially for two teenagers), but it's not healthy at all.

The main difference with Rem's confession is that Subaru, in that situation, already had strong feelings for her too (he even proposed her to run away), he already trusted her seeing how much she had done for him in all the time loops, and all that he needed was for someone like that to tell him that he was important and that he was loved and appreciated for who he can really be. Rem wanted to cheer up Subaru, not to shove her feelings on him, as Subaru is doing with Emilia in this case just to show her that he can trust him.
Emilia is in a situation where: 1) she doesn't know who she can trust (not even herself); 2) her feelings for Subaru are not as strong as his (she appreciate them, but they're still not mutual); 3) she is facing a trauma that might lead her to change completely once she'll know her past. I understand that "who she is now does matter" for Subaru but, as someone else already said, does she feel the same about it? And if not, why is she supposed to just because someone else loves her for what she is now and has no idea what the future will be? I mean yeah, it's romantic, but realistically speaking it's really hard for it to work out. Up until now, Re:Zero has been very realistic and mature about such topics, so this whole part seemed completely out of place to me, if their goal was to convey romantic feelings. But I'm clearly a minority in this. I probably have very specific ideas on what a healthy relationship should be based on.

Also, was it really necessary for Subaru to tell her she was a pain-in-the-ass? I mean, it's true, but she didn't need to be told it in such a way, not in THAT moment where she's already broken enough.

I don't know, maybe my opinion is just very biased due to my life experience. I can only hope that the "reason for breaking the promise" is what really gives sense to this.

>I certainly see what they were trying to do, but I seriously can't justify Subaru's reasons, because I've been in his shoes when I was about his age, and know that his reasoning can be extremely distructive for a relationship, if everything doesn't work out as they want. It surely is realistic (especially for two teenagers), but it's not healthy at all.

But what you need to realize is the series trying to paint his belief in her in a positive light( i'll go into more detail below), not to mention your own personal experiences are way different than the sheer magnitude of what Subaru and Emilia are involved in.

If everything doesn't work out the way they desire? i need you to be more specific, and not be vague, there have been various points in the series where Subaru just trusted himself and others and hoped for the best, this situation is no different.

>The main difference with Rem's confession is that Subaru, in that situation, already had strong feelings for her too (he even proposed her to run away), he already trusted her seeing how much she had done for him in all the time loops, and all that he needed was for someone like that to tell him that he was important and that he was loved and appreciated for who he can really be.

Subaru's feelings for Rem didn't come into full realization until She tricked Subaru into confessing to him ( Cut content from the LN) BTW.

And the reason for running with Rem isn't entirely because he loved her or anything, but because she was the only one who stayed supporting him when he had no one.

In this situation, it's quite clear Emilia too has feelings for Subaru but still needs time to work on them because she's mentally young and has little idea regarding the concept of romantic love.

>Rem wanted to cheer up Subaru, not to shove her feelings on him, as Subaru is doing with Emilia in this case just to show her that he can trust him.

When? Where? did we watch the same episode?

Subaru simply proved to her yet again with his actions that he LOVED her, give her the choice to deny the kiss by asking her to dodge, it was completely consensual.

>Emilia is in a situation where: 1) she doesn't know who she can trust (not even herself); 2) her feelings for Subaru are not as strong as his (she appreciate them, but they're still not mutual); 3) she is facing a trauma that might lead her to change completely once she'll know her past. I understand that "who she is now does matter" for Subaru but, as someone else already said, does she feel the same about it

???

How tf would she know how she feels about it before she actually takes on the trials herself, Her doubt exists, but Subaru's words were there to comfort her.

>I mean yeah, it's romantic, but realistically speaking it's really hard for it to work out. Up until now, Re:Zero has been very realistic and mature about such topics

You wouldn't know until you try, that's the point dawg, You do realize Realism doesn't mean complete and utter rationalism don't you?

ReZero has always been about hope, Coming out on top despite the overwhelming odds.

This is no different.

These are still teenagers in a heated argument, both sides inexperienced in how to handle their mental state, One is also actually in huge pain because they forced themselves in the tomb despite no longer having the qualifications to enter.

This line of logic from both of them is realistic as it can get and pretty grounded

>Also, was it really necessary for Subaru to tell her she was a pain-in-the-ass? I mean, it's true, but she didn't need to be told it in such a way, not in THAT moment where she's already broken enough.

Completely

Subaru was stubborn at times, he was selfish, but the show wasn't afraid of criticizing him HARD, So why would they hold back during Emilia's time?
9Vincent9Jan 14, 2021 1:12 AM
Jan 14, 2021 1:04 AM

May 2015
Didn't care for the direction during the first half of the episode. Otto's flashback was done well but the Garf fight was butchered and honestly looked lame. The Emilia kiss was amazing. 4/5

Jan 14, 2021 1:04 AM

Jun 2013
I love Otto. No homo.
Jan 14, 2021 1:07 AM
Nov 2020
I'm honestly done watching this weekly and will probably binge it when it's done. This arc is painfully slow and uninteresting. Also, after the 355th time of the show trying to pass off increasingly louder 10 minute conversations between two characters as "good, dramatic acting", it just gets boring. Add to it the most unconvincing, shallow romance Ive ever seen and this show went from a 10 to a solid 6 in one season. What a letdown
Jan 14, 2021 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
Otto best boi

the confession took almost one full episode :|
made me recall last time when Rem confessed to Subaru also took one full episode ..
why their confession always so long lulz
Jan 14, 2021 1:15 AM

Mar 2018
Resus-2 said:
Man... this episode was a cringe fest, I don't care much about Otto, he's great and all but I simply don't care for him but I guess he deserved his flashback but the 2nd half with Subaru saying "I love you" for like 10 minutes was cringey as hell, I really dislike these type of emotional scenes with those cringey script and saying "I love you" over and over again.

Why can't they do a scene like the flashback of Wilhelm & Theresia Van Astrea again? that guy only said "I love you" 1 time and it was powerful, 1 time was enough, that scene was so powerful that I even cried but Subaru repeating the "I love you" crap over and over again with that lame script was sure the cringe for me goddamn.

I really dislike that Emilia is still the "Damsel in Distress", I really wish they get done with this and move on because this is getting repetitive, I was ok with this crap in the 1st part of season 2 but by now I want this crap to move forward because this ain't getting anywhere.

I really hope Garfield hasn't killed the other 2 because if that happens then Barusu needs to restart things over again and say "I love you"... again... and again... stop.

And Wilhelm said that after she was long gone. Maybe, that's why it was even more powerful.

I agree that Subaru's dialogue was underwhelming, but Subaru isn't someone like Rem who can talk to people that well. This is the only way he can think of to make up with Emilia. Speaking of Emilia, she is justified in her crying. Puck didn't come out this whole season and when he did he left her just like that. I felt bad for her.

I think this is the point where Emilia stops being a "damsel in distress" because I think that was the point of this episode.
Jan 14, 2021 1:17 AM

Aug 2020
This episode sure lot of “you liar” and “i love you” thing.. i just started to irritated with all those repetitive talk.. and then....... WHAT THE HECK, THEY KISSING. I Started to let my tear, Finally dude.. after long of faithful words and acts, you make it! Way to go for make it completely for you.

Okay, i didnt expect it would coming so soon.. I wondering if the whole episode in this season were a Climax! They did very well in this 2 episode.

This will be absolutely top tier anime this year.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2021 1:22 AM

Mar 2017
TheHalfOtaku123 said:
katie_potaty said:
Finally! It took 1 season and a half but we finally made it... the kiss! So sweet! Is it weird that I found thought the two arguing was nice to see... hear me out; so far Subaru has worshipped the ground Emilia walks on and Emilia has just accepted it without understand but finally they argued until they both came to an understanding and I'd say that's some damn great progress!

It was very satisfying to learn about Otto's past too and to find out that he has such an amazing gift. His backstory just makes me love him more! I hope that one day he can see his family again. We finally understand now why he cares and believes in Subaru so much. OTTO BEST BOOOOOY!

Yes ,im not sure if you are a novel reader, but this is exactly what subaru and emilia scene means, subaru finnaly loving her as a person and recognizing her flaws and being able to get into an argument with her instead of worshiping every single word she says and imagining her as an idealized girl in his head without actualy knowing or understanding her. Too bad this is very hard to be conveyed in anime formal

I'm not a novel reader but I thought that was perfectly conveyed. In that scene it became obvious that Subaru loves EMILIA not the idea of her and that Emilia is slowly learning what it means to be loved. This anime is too brilliant!
Jan 14, 2021 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
To be honest, I didn't really feel anything amazing from this episode. Objectively, I guess it is good. Subjectively, I could care less for this episode.

Though, I found Emilia to be more adorable than usual. I found her to be a bit bland in the last part of Season 2, but it looks like her character is improving.

I can't wait to see more of her development.
Jan 14, 2021 1:54 AM

Apr 2008
9Vincent9 said:
But what you need to realize is the series trying to paint his belief in her in a positive light( i'll go into more detail below), not to mention your own personal experiences are way different than the sheer magnitude of what Subaru and Emilia are involved in.

If everything doesn't work out the way they desire? i need you to be more specific, and not be vague, there have been various points in the series where Subaru just trusted himself and others and hoped for the best, this situation is no different.

Well, this is obvious. I'm talking about where this could lead them in the long term. Both Subaru and Emilia are taking a huge risk right now, and I believe the story will not be lenient with them because of this. I'm not saying they're not entitled to take this road (they are the characters, not me, and I respected Subaru when he rejected Rem because I understood you can't command your heart, and that was the right thing to do in that moment), but I also have the right to think that this might not bode well for them.

9Vincent9 said:
Subaru's feelings for Rem didn't come into full realization until She tricked Subaru into confessing to him ( Cut content from the LN) BTW.

And the reason for running with Rem isn't entirely because he loved or anything, but because she was the only one who stayed supporting him when he had no one.

In this situation, it's quite clear Emilia too has feelings for Subaru but still needs time to work on them because she's mentally young and has little idea regarding the concept of romantic love.

Subaru simply proved to her yet again with his actions that he LOVED her, give her the choice to deny by asking her to dodge, it was completely consensual.

I still have to reach that point in the LN, so I'll say nothing about that. But his trust for Rem was there, and that was enough for him to trust her words and her feelings.

Emilia is not quite in the same situation, that's why I found at least slightly forced how their dialogue was handled. She might have feelings for Subaru, but exactly because she's not currently capable of understanding them (because she's still too mentally young), I simply think it's irresponsible of Subaru, in that situation, to base his whole speech on how he loves her and to even ask her to dodge his kiss. I know that Subaru has the best of intentions, but at the same time I can't think of their relationship as an healthy one right now. Not on these basis, at least. They both need to mature a whole lot, and I obviously hope they will.

9Vincent9 said:
How tf would she know how she feels about it before she actually takes on the trials herself, Her doubt exists, but Subaru's words were there to comfort her.

Exactly, and I see that that's the reason why Subaru went way ahead of himself with Emilia. At the same time, I didn't really feel that Subaru's words were reaching her, because he was just talking about his personal view on the situation. Let's just say that there wasn't any other, more efficient ways to cheer Emilia up, but I can't say I'm satisfied of how they reached this outcome.

9Vincent9 said:
You wouldn't know until you try, that's the point dawg, You do realize Realism doesn't mean complete and utter rationalism don't you?

ReZero has always been about hope, Coming out on top despite the overwhelming odds.

This is no different.

These are still teenagers in a heated argument, both sides inexperienced in how to handle their mental state, One is actually in huge pain because they forced themselves in the tomb despite no longer having the qualifications to enter.

This line of logic from both of them is realistic as it can get and pretty grounded

Not saying that realism means rationalism. I'm saying that, in my opinion, this was not the kind of situation that needed to be glorified (with a kiss, no less) in the way it was. They clearly are not mature enough to understand the possible consequences of their situation, but, as I already said multiple times, that's probably where Tappei wants to lead them.

9Vincent9 said:
Completely

Subaru was stubborn at times, he was selfish, but the show wasn't afraid of criticizing him HARD, So why would they hold back during Emilia's time?

This is fair enough. I just don't think it's a very useful thing to say if you're there to comfort someone, but okay.
RomoresJan 14, 2021 2:47 AM
Jan 14, 2021 1:57 AM

Jun 2020
Lmao , subaru surely Described every single reason why emilia was hot and bangable lol.The dialogue in the 2nd half was a lot cheesy ngl and I didn't like how emilia just started believing him again after just a kiss, but ig emilia is extremely fragile character whose views fluster instantaneously.
Otto's backstory was good but the fight was choreographed terribly tbh. Good ep, the convo wasn't strong enough but still Subro didn't have to tell 'i luv u' a 100 times.
Jan 14, 2021 2:19 AM

Feb 2014
Damn Emilia finally saw Subaru's reflection in her eyes at the end. I guess that means it's officially requited. Although I'm sad that Otto's backstory got foreshadowed by this spectacular moment. Only if they could have finished his part in the previous episode.
His past was really sad to see, how he grew up and found his meaning in life thrice. I really feel him, something's are better not said cause people get hurt in mysterious ways.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 14, 2021 2:35 AM
Nov 2020
Doom_Reigns said:
Lmao , subaru surely Described every single reason why emilia was hot and bangable lol.The dialogue in the 2nd half was a lot cheesy ngl and I didn't like how emilia just started believing him again after just a kiss, but ig emilia is extremely fragile character whose views fluster instantaneously.
Otto's backstory was good but the fight was choreographed terribly tbh. Good ep, the convo wasn't strong enough but still Subro didn't have to tell 'i luv u' a 100 times.

it might just be a kiss for you, but for Emilia, it was her first one ever experienced and pretty impactful, come on now, it's not hard to see things from the perspective of others
Jan 14, 2021 2:46 AM

Jan 2019
After 40 episodes, here it is, it feels like a massive reward after all this time we've spent with the characters. Also seeing more about Otto's past was great, overall this season is kicking off S T R O N G
Jan 14, 2021 2:50 AM

Jun 2020
9Vincent9 said:

it might just be a kiss for you, but for Emilia, it was her first one ever experienced and pretty impactful, come on now, it's not hard to see things from the perspective of others

I can see it from hers and that's why i continued with Emilia being a very fragile character with a weak threshold. I can see why she would stop critisizing him from the impact of the kiss, but for her to start 'believing' in him again just totally weakens her initial breakdown.
Jan 14, 2021 2:56 AM

Jan 2010
Ok, the episode was great overall... but there are a couple of things that bother me about the speech.
Sure I'm more a Rem fan and maybe it's just an art director's choice, but for all the time he had this reflection of emilia in his eyes that instead to make me understand how much he loves emilia, imho it looked pretty sick, like a stalker or hypnosis.
Second, the speech was really poor from both the sides. It's just me or he was trying to copycat Rem? Then he has lost the reins halfway and started to scream. It's totally fine if he prefers emilia, but this was like a slap in every Rem's fan's face
Jan 14, 2021 3:07 AM
Jan 2014
I don't know what to make of the confession, it's so cheesy.
Is it just me or Subaru's eyes look so unnatural like he's in some kind of charm magic?

So Otto and Ram fight Garfiel in bloody battle only to buy time for Subaru to make love confession?
zenograffJan 14, 2021 3:11 AM
Jan 14, 2021 3:17 AM

May 2020
vangoz said:
I don't know what to make of the confession, it's so cheesy.
Is it just me or Subaru's eyes look so unnatural like he's in some kind of charm magic?

So Otto and Ram fight Garfiel in bloody battle only to buy time for Subaru to make love confession?

I mean, it wasn't just a confession, it was to help Emilia face the trials, since she's the only one who can do it at this point, and the fight wasn't just to buy time. Things will be explained more in the next episode.
Jan 14, 2021 4:08 AM
Apr 2019
Holy shit. This show is getting better at each episode and I absolutely loved this! The voice actors/actresses also did a good job especially Rie Takahashi <3 Damn, this is straight fire.
Jan 14, 2021 4:09 AM

May 2020
This will be in my memory for a long long time. The episode was beautifully adapted, and Rieru absolutely nailed it with her voice acting.
We got to see Otto's past, man I never imagined he had his share of sufferings too. We get to see more of Ram, but the standout highlight was the second part of the episode.
If love isn’t a reason to believe in someone, then who the hell would go through all this suffering to help a pain-in-the-ass woman like you?
Subaru x Emilia forever!
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

616 by 2772510 »»
Apr 18, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 17, 2021

489 by Salah_og »»
Apr 8, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Best thing about Re:Zero Poll

AshTheChamp - Jan 5

27 by kecri »»
Apr 3, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

276 by TheOtherJN »»
Apr 1, 3:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.