Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 8, 2021 1:10 AM

Mar 2009
Thought it was a good start to the 2nd season. I enjoyed the 1st season a lot.

Vegan demons?
Jan 8, 2021 2:29 AM
Jun 2020
The first episode was good, but it was a bit below my expectation. Since I read the manga, I can say there were parts that skipped. I liked the musics too.
Jan 8, 2021 3:00 AM
Jul 2020
The ED is absolutely wonderful! What an episode, I was on the edge the whole time!!
Jan 8, 2021 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
New OP wasn't as good as last season's, but I liked the new ED. The ED animation deals with the demon girl's past, looks like she used to be
(Spoiler is just my guess, not a manga reader).
Anyway, excited for more suspense and worldbuilding this season.
Jan 8, 2021 7:10 AM

May 2020
Man, this was good!
Btw, the new opening is good! Not good as "Touch off" though.
Jan 8, 2021 8:12 AM
Oct 2020
MAL says 11 ep ig we are gonna have 2 more seasons after this.....BTW the new op was fire and so was the ep.....cant wait for the new ep coming
Jan 8, 2021 8:34 AM
Sep 2020
i'm very excited for this new season!!!

Really liked the episode, sadly they skipped a manga chapter. It would be cool to see that chapter animated.
Jan 8, 2021 8:38 AM

Oct 2017
Loved the opening! I’m glad this is finally back!
Jan 8, 2021 10:14 AM

Aug 2015
Awesome start to the season, can't believe it's been 2 years since the first season, time sure flies.

Killua, I mean Ray was once again showing how smart he is.

Am I the only one who was bothered by these demons calling Ray "It" I mean it does make sense but still.

One last thing why is all the directions and the book are written in English? is this gonna come later into play or something? does that mean that Minerva dude doesn't know Japanese? just some thoughts!
Jan 8, 2021 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
It was a little slow in the beginning and cut some things, but the first season was similar (imo). I'm hoping they not finished this season with a cliffhanger, but seeing the number of chapters... maybe they will.
Jan 8, 2021 10:43 AM

Apr 2020
NameLessMofo said:
Killua, I mean Ray was once again showing how smart he is
always feel the same. or Regu too!

great first anime episode, visual OP and ED, OST and such a breakneck pacing. the monsters cgi were kind of awkward some time yet doesnt unconfortable to watch, and there was at night jajaj.

the youngest ones crying about Normal breaks my hart T⌣T
Jan 8, 2021 11:13 AM

Aug 2015
Basic_otaku said:

Wait, so the anime isn’t staying faithful to the manga then? That’s upsetting. I was really looking forward to seeing the next few arcs get animated. Season 1 was very loyal to the source material, so where did you hear this? Can you send me a link please?

People say this because the ending of the manga is god awful. Well, not only the ending, the last third of the manga apparently. I haven´t read it, but you know is something else when the own manga readers are the ones saying this stuff.

Now my question is, are 11 episodes enough for this arc? Because as many people stated, this episode felt kinda rushed. Like a lot of things happened, specially if we compare it with the first season that was kinda slow.
Jan 8, 2021 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
I enjoyed it. But I don´t think it was amazing or anything. They skipped quite a lot and I was looking forward to see it animated since it´s the first time I read the manga to be ahead, so that disappointed me a bit. Also, the cgi was kinda meh ^_^; And I think that the scene with pursuers was scarier in the manga, but I´m not sure right now.

Loved the op and ed!
Jan 8, 2021 2:09 PM
Jul 2019
Pakumen- said:
]

People say this because the ending of the manga is god awful. Well, not only the ending, the last third of the manga apparently. I haven´t read it, but you know is something else when the own manga readers are the ones saying this stuff.

Yeah, I haven’t actually finished the manga, but I’m on volume 15 (I think), and it’s not too bad right now. It would be nice if they stayed faithful to the manga until it starts going downhill, but that’s a lot to ask lol.

I hope they don’t rush this next arc too much though, judging by the first episode, but it’s hard to say that they won’t flesh it out later on since it’s so early still.
Jan 8, 2021 3:27 PM

Oct 2017
Here we go with the cliffhanger endings again...

ED is nice.
Jan 8, 2021 3:42 PM

Aug 2020
i feel that they're gonna explain more of the world in this arc rather than revealing it later on like in the manga. Miracles happen and if cloverworks pulls through, idk what's to come/ I'm hyped. I also hope we finally get to know how to pronounce that demon's name cause if there is gonna be 2 "him' it's gonna be confusing lol.
Jan 8, 2021 5:20 PM
Sep 2012
The CG on the big monster, and then later on that big tree that Ray was running by looked really bad.

Also, what the hell was that pacing with the hooded demon guy rescuing Ray? At one moment Ray is lying on the ground, on the next scene he's already being held by the demon guy. Fking teleporting, I tell you.
Jan 8, 2021 6:49 PM

Jul 2016
veleduss said:
The first episode was good, but it was a bit below my expectation. Since I read the manga, I can say there were parts that skipped. I liked the musics too.

Not much happened so what stuff was missed? More survival moments?
Jan 8, 2021 8:11 PM

Feb 2014
KANLen09 said:

Fast pacing (7 chapters), but IMO it's already written on the wall that Season 2 will end on an original ending note with 11 episodes.

Hmm is that so? So we might see him earlier than the royals eh?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 8, 2021 9:31 PM

Aug 2012
MomoSinX said:
Eh they cut quite a lot to get to the demon duo so fast but I can assure nothing of value was lost. Liking the pacing so far.

They just delete the trap scene and to be honest was good.
Jan 8, 2021 10:19 PM
Jun 2020
Vindicater said:
veleduss said:

Yes, for example there was a part that they fell into a cave.
Jan 8, 2021 10:25 PM

Dec 2019
Yup just like I expect, first episode that made me goosebumps like the prequel and also, they showed one new character standing with the children in the opening, we finally met him huh, god I'm so hype!!
Jan 9, 2021 12:29 AM
Sep 2020
Very good, one of the anime I'm waiting for this season

The story is more tense than before, and they are also saved by the devil, is the devil good or evil? Just look forward to the next episode
Jan 9, 2021 7:04 AM

May 2020
laughs in impatient manga reader I like this one
Jan 9, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
can anyone enlighten me on how they obtain the magic map pen .
And when did they figure out the pen is tied to the book without Morse code ?

Jan 9, 2021 7:42 AM
Jan 2021
Did anyone recognize the book featured in the ending? I could only read a couple of phrases - "My uncle died when I was seven" and "A thick eyebrow is making a deep shade under a high forehead", but that doesn't give me any clues.
Jan 9, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 2016
I know Ray won't die so easily but really worry for his safety when the monsters going after him.

Its predictable that only kind demons are able to save them since the only humans are Mamas' and the kids..
Jan 9, 2021 8:32 AM

Dec 2018
HelProcks said:

if you read the manga, how did they suddenly get the pen?
Jan 9, 2021 8:33 AM

Dec 2018
it was kind of a bad episode IMO. it felt like it was a lot of meaningless dailouge. they could've cut some of it. nonetheless decent opening episode kept me interested
Jan 9, 2021 9:08 AM
Sep 2019
Very nice..nice opening..very excited
Jan 9, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2015
DEMONS?!! Ugh...demons...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 9, 2021 10:37 AM
Jan 2021
it was good but i feel like they left out something in the beginning.
Jan 9, 2021 11:45 AM
Jan 2021
ThomasHestekind said:
HelProcks said:

yeah, and who was this minerva dude again?
Jan 9, 2021 11:47 AM

Dec 2018
Rddy said:
ThomasHestekind said:

he's the guy who wrote secret morse code in the books. did you not pay attention. bruv
Jan 9, 2021 11:50 AM
Jan 2021
ThomasHestekind said:
Rddy said:

he's the guy who wrote secret morse code in the books. did you not pay attention. bruv

it's been what, a year? two years? since i watched the first season
Jan 9, 2021 11:53 AM
Jan 2021
Mormegil said:
Thought it was a good start to the 2nd season. I enjoyed the 1st season a lot.

Vegan demons?

i always felt like the show had kinda vegan undertones, but that's likely an accident. veganism is very niche in japan as far as i know
Jan 9, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 2018
It's finally back!!!, left on a cliffhanger sadly. Wonder what those two demons stories are?
Jan 9, 2021 2:01 PM

Mar 2019
good ep w great cliffhanger at the end! rlly hoping that the demons at the end are actually good. is it just me but i completely forgot who william minerva is or norman giving them that pen lol? this ep passed by really quickly, which is always a good sign.
Jan 9, 2021 5:22 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The anime series is one of the best at cliff hangers at the end of each episode. It continues with another one that has me anticipating the next episode. Glad the series is back again!
Jan 9, 2021 5:32 PM
Jan 2021
I loved the first episode, both the opening and ending songs are wonderful.
Jan 9, 2021 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
veleduss said:
Vindicater said:

Yes, for example there was a part that they fell into a cave.

All good with me then to skip it.
Jan 10, 2021 2:27 AM

May 2020
ThomasHestekind said:
HelProcks said:

It was given by Norman in the first season. They skipped a lot too
Jan 10, 2021 3:05 PM

Apr 2018
The op and ed are really good.

Ray's big brain is already at work when they are trying to run away from the big monster. William Minerva's book is actually about a book on how to survive the outside world.

Huh, Demons are the ones that saved Emma and Ray as well as the rest of the children. I wonder why is that.
Jan 10, 2021 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
Karsaaa said:
The op and ed are really good.

Ray's big brain is already at work when they are trying to run away from the big monster. William Minerva's book is actually about a book on how to survive the outside world.

Huh, Demons are the ones that saved Emma and Ray as well as the rest of the children. I wonder why is that.

Yeah Ray's big brain is so big the guy would've died if it wasn't for deus ex machina demon guy saving him. Well, at least it reflects the quality of writing we are going to see from now on until the end of the story lol.
Jan 10, 2021 5:59 PM

Oct 2013
I was a bit confused by jumping in media res at the beginning, but it was a good way to start off. I have definitely forgotten a lot of things from the first season (had to read up about the ears...). It's interesting that the demons are the ones saving the humans... I wonder if they were part of some renegade underground demon ascetic movement.

The art doesn't seem as intense but I don't remember how it was in S1 anyway. The animations aren't too clunky and the animal/plant designs are interesting so far.
Jan 10, 2021 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
I was finally able to watch it lol
And we're back. Excited to watch this arc. Can't wait to see him.
Jan 10, 2021 7:42 PM

May 2019
Dawg i forgot this is the Cliffhanger Anime.

1st season i've binged. No way to endure it ep by ep lol.

By the OP/ED it seems not probably to go this way, at least in the begining, but i was afraid that the last scene would be the "dinner" ready with some of the other kids, if you know what i mean...

Jan 10, 2021 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
What a great start man!

Those hunters from the farm were indeed pretty scary, i still don't know how Ray managed to survive, i really thought that he was a goner.

Now i wonder who those 2 demons are, and why they are helping them.

Great start.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 10, 2021 10:26 PM

Jun 2015
i felt the pacing a teensy bit off at the start but other than that, an amazing episode! starting off strong with intrigue and eerie vibes just like the first season. the little demon girl was really cute, i love her already.

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  🩸 MANGA LIST  🩸 CARDS  🩸 CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.