Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 26, 2020 6:40 PM

Jan 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And with that, Act 2 has come to a close. This was an amazing episode and the soundtrack at the end was really good. 

Some highlights from the episode included: Zoro's enma, the end of act 2 (obviously) and when they did the count for Kaido's numbers it's insane how they didn't even include Big mom within the 30,000.

The 1000th manga chapter advertisement and the end card after the "to be continued" was adorable. I wasn't expecting them to shout out the manga directly like that but I loved it. 

I got really hype just from seeing the next episode preview. I can't wait for next week

Edit: The Anime will be on break next week due to New Years holidays so episode 957 will be airing on January 10th
ManWildDec 27, 2020 9:21 AM

Dec 26, 2020 6:44 PM

Mar 2020
So finally Act 2 has ended. Enma is damn powerful tho, lmao cutting cliffs while trying to cut trees. The OST was amped up because this was the end of Act 2, and seems like the next episode will feature some people outside of Wano.. that one is probably gonna cause unreal hype!! The day for the Fire Festival has come!
Dec 26, 2020 6:50 PM

Jul 2016
CooLDuDe_103 said:
So finally Act 2 has ended. Enma is damn powerful tho, lmao cutting cliffs while trying to cut trees. The OST was amped up because this was the end of Act 2, and seems like the next episode will feature some people outside of Wano.. that one is probably gonna cause unreal hype!! The day for the Fire Festival has come!

Going to have some abslute big things happen next episode.
Dec 26, 2020 6:53 PM

Apr 2014
Man. I do not know what to say and feel right now. We are getting closer and closer to the main event we all been waiting years on. The 1000th chapter congrats was so cute and awesome. As a One Piece fan. I am so glad to come this far. Now. We just need to wait for many weeks to come so One Piece can get to episode 1000.
Dec 26, 2020 7:17 PM

Jun 2015
I missed this end/start of act tune so much
Dec 26, 2020 7:26 PM

Jul 2007
So here we are at last. The END of act 2. Now the AMAZING spectacular act 3 can finally get under way.

A couple things I want to mention, the anime did a splendid job of adapting the material from the manga chapter and I was absolutly not expecting the 1000th Chapter shoutout to the manga. That was really cool. This episode in paticular sets up and teases alot of developments upcoming so pay attention to every single detail in this episode. Re-watch it a few times if you must.

We finally got to see the famed Enma blade in action and who the swordsmith was that created both of these legendary blades. Yet again another Shimotsuki name. The Shimotsuki family must be VERY immportant.

The way zoro cut the island was almost comical in the manga so I REALLY love how the anime is adding its own touches to produce a more modern approach to its production.

Also the word sunachi now appears to have a deeper meaning to zoro because of him hearing it from the man who trained him on the island he grew up on.

But the largest reveal montage was saved for the end obvously with the reminder that a traitor still exists out there and obvously tipped off Orochi of the Strawhat and samurai allies plans.

Then finally we get the big of END of act 2 with the naration hinting towards a great war that will soon engulf the world. The peices are all set up and now its time to go to BATTLE!!

Also lets give a thanks for the studio not turning the next intermission into a 15 episode filler arc with recaps, lmao.

one paticular thing I do want to mention in a spoiler though for manga readers:

Again, SHOUT OUT To CHAPTER 1000 and the END of act 2 in the series, see ya all next year in 2021.

ArtimesGamerDec 26, 2020 8:10 PM

Dec 26, 2020 8:01 PM

Apr 2019
Act 2 is finished, onto Act 3, cannot wait! Also congrats to the manga for 1000 chapters.

Dec 26, 2020 8:02 PM

Dec 2013
A lot of major set up in this episode in preparation for the big final battle of this arc.

Zoro cutting off the cliff looked badass! I can't wait to see more action from him later in this arc.
Dec 26, 2020 8:12 PM
Mar 2018
Act 2 complete
Hope that they don't bring in a filler before the big fight.
Luffy and zoro seen practicing luffy with ryou and zoro with Enma and what a sword Enma can cut cliffs and drains out power of the holder. Congratulations for completion of 1000 chapters.

Waiting for the next week.
Let's see what happens next.
Dec 26, 2020 9:07 PM

Oct 2017
Enma hype!!! Zoro's gonna be so fuckin op when he masters it. Luffy's getting the hang of his technique too. With this act 2 is complete.
Dec 26, 2020 9:11 PM

Oct 2017
Zoro wielding Enma in the anime was glorious! Loved this ep!! T___T The shamisen music will always be 100/10. Luffy and Chopper were cutes in the end oh man 1000 chaps... OMEDETOU! Really hyped for it and the next anime eps

+ that Mugiwara x Arashi tribute in the end :'((( MY HEART Thanks so much, Oda! it means a lot. Nakama forever <3
Dec 26, 2020 9:14 PM

Jun 2012

This scene gave me a good laugh. Let's just hope they keep this momentum going now.
Dec 26, 2020 9:52 PM
Apr 2020
Did you guys see the preview for next episode? The look at Dragon’s and Koala’s face when they read the newspaper. Did something happen to Sabo? What are your thoughts? Did he get caught?
Dec 26, 2020 9:56 PM

Jul 2017
Great swordsman with a great sword.

Can't wait to see what Enma-wielding Zoro and Luffy with his new technique can do in the future.
Dec 26, 2020 10:00 PM

Jul 2017
_ribe said:
Did you guys see the preview for next episode? The look at Dragon’s and Koala’s face when they read the newspaper. Did something happen to Sabo? What are your thoughts? Did he get caught?
Yep something did happened to him in the manga, check out chapter 956 (what a coincidence XD) if you can't wait to find out.
Dec 26, 2020 11:46 PM

Oct 2018
Act 2 finally ended in anime, i like very much this episode where we can see the protagonist prepare the final battle.
Next episode will be very interesting with the end of the Shishibukai (we will see Hancock and Mihawk <3 )
Dec 27, 2020 12:33 AM
May 2020
So finally Act 2 has ended. Enma is damn powerful tho, lmao cutting cliffs while trying to cut trees. The OST was amped up because this was the end of Act 2, and seems like the next episode will feature some people outside of Wano.. that one is probably gonna cause unreal hype!! The day for the Fire Festival has come!Again, SHOUT OUT To CHAPTER 1000 and the END of act 2 in the series, see ya all next year in 2021.

Waiting for the next week.
Let's see what happens next
Dec 27, 2020 12:53 AM

Jul 2015
That preview for next episode has pretty insane quality.
The end of Act II, really hyped for Act III seeing Zoro possessing the crazy strong sword Enma, Luffy now able to control ryou haki and the upcoming raid starting soon.

Dec 27, 2020 12:57 AM

Sep 2019
Zoro keeps getting badass moments in Wano, he accidentally cut the cliff lol.

Luffy and Chopper’s announcement gave me goosebumps.
Dec 27, 2020 1:21 AM

Nov 2019
Amazing last chapter of 2020! Luffy and Zoro are getting so strong! Can’t wait for Act 3!
Dec 27, 2020 2:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was such a classic close to Act 2! Act 3, here we come!

What a way to start off 2021, 1000th chapter plus a banger of an episode feat. the great pieces in the One Piece world. It's going to be some wait until the next episode!

Luffy mastered the Ryou and Zoro's made great strides with the Enma too, I wonder what other power ups the other characters will be getting.

4,200 against the likes 30,000 doesn't sound very pleasant though...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2020 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
This episode was great but after going over it quite a bit. I have to say it had quite a few typesetting issues and some lines of dialogue that carry different meanings then the manga for example Kwamatsu calling Zoro a fool, instead of an amazing man. Oh well I am sure they will fix it afterwords.

Dec 27, 2020 3:55 AM

Nov 2016
Luffy and Zoro training

Sanji making rice balls

That says a lot

But really great set up episode and end to Act 2.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 27, 2020 4:13 AM

Oct 2015
Really cool to see them train in the anime, and that bonus clip about the 1000th chapter is really cool, I like it.

I noticed some slight inconsistency.
Dec 27, 2020 4:32 AM
Jul 2015
There are so many character "waiting" to be involved in the Wano war.Jinbe, Nekomamushi, maybe Marco, i noticed the shadow and the foot of (i think) X-Drake with Blackbeard.Something weird happened between X-Drake, Hawkins (who i am 101% sure will betray Kaido cause he's in only for his chances of survival/victory) and Law and that somehow connects them to Blackbeard.My oh my..it feels like a domino network.
It starts with a few characters but these are connected to major character and these major characters are connected to even more major characters..but it's not only the war.Minor details like Zoro's swords (which will probably end up with him finding his roots) and the ambitious predators that will surely drool over Katakuri's whole cake island are not minor at all.Thinking about these and many more makes my brain feel crazy.
I don't know what will happen, but i know that it's going to be SO, SO adventurous and exciting and jaw dropping andandandand(...) so OnePiece-y

Ok, sorry for my extreme excitement
My name is Kino.
I'm on a journey, traveling to various places.
And you are?
Dec 27, 2020 5:27 AM

Sep 2017
Meanwhile Luffy stayed in the prison for the 40th episode in a row, congrats
Dec 27, 2020 6:46 AM
Apr 2016
This episode was aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, especially the walk with that song.

Act 2 over!
Dec 27, 2020 9:23 AM

Jan 2020
ManWild said:

Edit: The Anime will be on break next week due to New Years holidays so episode 957 will be airing on January 10th

^^ I forgot that they always put the series on break for the first week of the year. ^^^

It's lucky that it's the exact same timing as the end of act 2

Dec 27, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2020
Yessss Act II finally comes to a close! Things will get intense from here.
Dec 27, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2008
WOOT!!! ACT 2 OVER!!!

I completely forgot about the history of Enma and Wado Ichijimoji. Holy crap is that a twist of fate or what?

Next week strap in because the insanity will start!
Dec 27, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2020
Soon Onigashima !
Dec 27, 2020 12:43 PM

Oct 2012
Can't wait for the next episode, it would be an awesome way to start 2021, Zehahahaha. Also, congrats on the 1000th chapter.
Dec 27, 2020 1:50 PM

Nov 2015
Looking forward to the next Act.

I just had some questions about Zoro's swords: so one is Enma now (before: Shisui), the one he bought in Loguetown is Kitetsu III crafted by that legendary Wano Guy. It confuses me because the long-nosed guy said "that Kitstsu is my craft (..)". And Zoro's 3rd sword his is childhood sword no?

Could be completely wrong haha. Thanks in advance.
Dec 27, 2020 1:59 PM

Mar 2020
Enma is certainly a wild sword, it can make your user pass out. Finally, the attack will begin, everyone is anxious and preparing for the confrontation.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 27, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2020
Admiral_Carapils said:

I just had some questions about Zoro's swords: so one is Enma now (before: Shisui), the one he bought in Loguetown is Kitetsu III crafted by that legendary Wano Guy. It confuses me because the long-nosed guy said "that Kitstsu is my craft (..)". And Zoro's 3rd sword his is childhood sword no?

Wado Ichimonji and Enma are the swords made by the legendary Wano guy, while Sandai Kitetsu is made by the long-nosed guy.
I hope this answered the question.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 27, 2020 2:30 PM

Nov 2015
SemExpectativa said:
Admiral_Carapils said:

Wado Ichimonji and Enma are the swords made by the legendary Wano guy, while Sandai Kitetsu is made by the long-nosed guy.
I hope this answered the question.

Thanks for the information! So I guess Zoro's oldest sword is Sandai Kitetsu right?
Dec 27, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2020
Admiral_Carapils said:

Thanks for the information! So I guess Zoro's oldest sword is Sandai Kitetsu right?

The sword that Zoro has had the longest is Wado Ichimonji. Or do you mean the "age" of the sword? In that case, I don't know.
Dec 27, 2020 5:34 PM
May 2020
Fire episode too bad next episode is gonna be delayed till January 10th

Dec 27, 2020 7:28 PM

Jul 2013
Wow what an amazing ending for the second act. Hiyori made the right decision in not meeting Kinemon, her brother and all the others. It most likely could have affected them on an emotional level and right before such an important fight that's anything else but helpful.

The first time I saw Hitetsu I knew he was somewhat important, especially when Luffy took his sword but it's nice to finally see the man who crafted the Kitetsus and surely a lot of other great swords.

Enma is just crazy. Zoro tried to cut trees and half of that cliff he was standing on just got cut off. That's the first time seeing him actually struggling with a sword. I can't even imagine how crazy strong Oden must have been to be able to wield Enma and Habakiri at the same time. It's always so exciting to me when it comes to Zoro and him getting new sword(s). How cool must it be for him to meet the crafter of his Kitetsu? And to top it even more Enma got crafted by the same guy who crafted Zoros Ichimonji? I just love it. This is such a crazy big upgrade. I wonder what Mihawk would say :D

It looked like Luffy mastered Ryou, right? Not 100% sure but I can't wait to see how much work it will do in the upcoming fight.

With this act ending there are definitely things I have no answer(s) to.

First of all what's Laws plan? We know he got out of the prison but what is his next move?

What's with all the samurai who are still in prison? Will they get freed and play a bigger role later on?

How in the world does Orochi have so many important informations? Is there an actual traitor among the alliance between Luffy and Kinemon?

Dec 27, 2020 7:36 PM

Nov 2018
This ends at the same time chapter 1000 is released.. Great timing!
Dec 27, 2020 7:40 PM
May 2017
Slim_Lamie said:
Really cool to see them train in the anime, and that bonus clip about the 1000th chapter is really cool, I like it.

I noticed some slight inconsistency.

Actually he does use gear 4th in the manga during his training scene in the chapter as well, it’s about 3 panels around the middle of ch 955 where you see it, easy to miss it.
Dec 28, 2020 2:27 AM
Aug 2020
So Act 2 has finally ended. Now Luffy and Zoro had both attained some new powers that could definitely be leveled up. Well I want Sanji also to flex a bit more of hit raid suit( this thing looks not much of a powerup compared to Luffy and Zoro)

I guess we will be getting more about roots of Zoro now. The sword "Wado Ichimonji" the word "Sunachi". Let's dive into Zoro's past. Yeaaaa!

And please somebody tell me why that little Momonosuke is travelling with Akazaya Nine members as if he would be MVP in battle.

I am so excited for New Act!

Well we got some hot credit scene as well! What is happening I got no idea this time. Guess I will not make any predictions this time.

I have not read manga but seen this last panel of ch-1000 and I think this scene in Opening of ep 956 is the that pannel animated

AVSenpaiDec 28, 2020 4:22 AM
Dec 28, 2020 3:54 AM

Jul 2016
I really loved this episode and I cant wait to see what happened with all of the characters that were foreshadowed, I really want to see what happened to law (side note, was it show how he escaped? I just remember hm beating Hawkins).

ManWild said:

when they did the count for Kaido's numbers it's insane how they didn't even include Big mom within the 30,000.

I think that nobody actually knows that's kaido and big mom made an alliance, because the last time the crew saw her, Queen took her to kaido, and luffy and the others dont really know what happened there.

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Dec 28, 2020 4:11 AM
Sep 2018
The war is coming, that's gonna be insane !
Dec 28, 2020 5:12 AM
Aug 2016
I just want to know whos the betrayer..will it be the sword maker?
Dec 28, 2020 5:23 AM
Nov 2014
ManWild said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And with that, Act 2 has come to a close. This was an amazing episode and the soundtrack at the end was really good. 

Some highlights from the episode included: Zoro's enma, the end of act 2 (obviously) and when they did the count for Kaido's numbers it's insane how they didn't even include Big mom within the 30,000.

The 1000th manga chapter advertisement and the end card after the "to be continued" was adorable. I wasn't expecting them to shout out the manga directly like that but I loved it. 

I got really hype just from seeing the next episode preview. I can't wait for next week

Something about the shamisen just hits different in Wano :') super cute to see the 1000th episode shoutout as well XD I have to say, another highlight for me was Zoro pulling out this sick sword in style and the scene panning right to Luffy turning into a large bouncy ball lol. The contrast was just beautiful. Can't wait to see everything go down!!! Happy New Year in advance guys!
Dec 28, 2020 5:38 AM

Jun 2008
How did Orochi know? HE KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWS DON'T TELL ME HE HAS A SPY SOMEWHERE
Dec 28, 2020 8:56 AM

Nov 2018
Finally finished Act 2! And what a way to end it and lead into the start of Act 3. This arc has been gradually improving since it's started, and now we have to trust that it'll be executed perfectly.

Also hype for the preview. Blackbeard looks sick with the new art style.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Dec 28, 2020 1:22 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Manga-onlies, prepare yourself for one of the biggest revelation episodes yet.
Dec 28, 2020 5:36 PM
Aug 2015
link9us said:
So here we are at last. The END of act 2. Now the AMAZING spectacular act 3 can finally get under way.

A couple things I want to mention, the anime did a splendid job of adapting the material from the manga chapter and I was absolutly not expecting the 1000th Chapter shoutout to the manga. That was really cool. This episode in paticular sets up and teases alot of developments upcoming so pay attention to every single detail in this episode. Re-watch it a few times if you must.

We finally got to see the famed Enma blade in action and who the swordsmith was that created both of these legendary blades. Yet again another Shimotsuki name. The Shimotsuki family must be VERY immportant.

The way zoro cut the island was almost comical in the manga so I REALLY love how the anime is adding its own touches to produce a more modern approach to its production.

Also the word sunachi now appears to have a deeper meaning to zoro because of him hearing it from the man who trained him on the island he grew up on.

But the largest reveal montage was saved for the end obvously with the reminder that a traitor still exists out there and obvously tipped off Orochi of the Strawhat and samurai allies plans.

Then finally we get the big of END of act 2 with the naration hinting towards a great war that will soon engulf the world. The peices are all set up and now its time to go to BATTLE!!

Also lets give a thanks for the studio not turning the next intermission into a 15 episode filler arc with recaps, lmao.

one paticular thing I do want to mention in a spoiler though for manga readers:

Again, SHOUT OUT To CHAPTER 1000 and the END of act 2 in the series, see ya all next year in 2021.

I mean hasn't a suggestion like that been in the works since the deliverance of the supposed change in plans by Yasuie by Laws own crewmembers? If people haven't caught onto that being suspicious, then I don't know what to say.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 219 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

60 by X1ma »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.