Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2020 10:26 AM

Feb 2017
I found this arc to be kinda dull so far so I didn't really feel much when Junpei died and Yuuji got angry and all. But the fight was good so that was fun to watch.
Dec 19, 2020 10:54 AM

Nov 2019
After Watching this Episord, I am Very Sad. Also I am feeling Very sorry for Yujii. His poor friend just brain wasted by the evil. But Animation of this Episord was amazing .

Dec 19, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2019
kaiki_fan_boy said:
Zener said:

Thats the case with everything,have low expectations and anything good will blow you off.Have high expectations(which is the case with some anime currently airing),and you try to nitpick in everything even though that thing is great
Yeah but I can't keep myself from having those high expectations when something like attack on titan is coming out and I am not disapointed tbh. Tho I would say that people would have enjoyed tower of god more if they didn't compare it to one piece all the time. The hype was based on nothing concrete and here we are now, for AOT it's different, it only needs to be adapted properly and it will be amazing. So yeah I would say that the best is to have realistic expectations.

You are absolutely right.The first arc of toG was supposed to be generic and that's what anime tried to deliver but people ruined this show in the hype.
Dec 19, 2020 12:07 PM

Apr 2019
RIP Junpei, he was just starting to begin to rationalize too. Well, Itadori sure gave Mahito some good head(bumps). Let's see how they'll fight Mahito as a duo.

Dec 19, 2020 12:27 PM
Sep 2020
Skydis said:
Wow what a great episode!

Poor Junpei, wasn't expecting that :(
I think that they will bring him back to live smh. If you look at the opening he is sitting there with the while gang next to Itadori.
Dec 19, 2020 1:35 PM

Aug 2020
poor junpei, I was very sad to see him die,it somehow reminded me of Fullmetal alchemist, which from a fun and casual scene changes to a sad and dark twist,what a good episode it was!
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Dec 19, 2020 2:40 PM
Oct 2019
Nooo Junpei.... I really liked him and im kind of surprised that they just killed him off like that right after he became a curse user. It just shows how cruel Mahito really is. Mahito is not untouchable as he claims to be, Yuji his attacks do hurt him.
Life is not daijoubu
Dec 19, 2020 2:57 PM
Dec 2020
I got a little confused here. Why didn't Sukuna accept Yuuji's offer? They already have a binding vow, so can a curse only have one binding vow in place? And what was Mahito trying to accomplish by touching Yuuji/Sukuna's soul? To bring Sukuna out and ask him about entering a binding vow? But Sukuna shot that down?
Dec 19, 2020 3:10 PM
May 2020
you can really see the references to hunter x hunter 2011 ep 131 with this episode ngl. I'm aware of the fact that jjk is meant to factor in the classic shonen troupes and all. Yuji's fight was very much tasteful in how he was able to show very human like emotions to situation. the constant repetition of yuji saying that he was gonna kill mahito made it clear like most of us we take back on what we say or in other words give in to a certain expectation. the animation was top tier as always and i cannot wait for the next episode to come out.
Dec 19, 2020 4:53 PM
Aug 2020
holy shit, I have so many things to say about this episode, and they're all good. my only problem is that each episode goes by so quickly, I have a feeling this would be good to binge. next week can't come any sooner.
Dec 19, 2020 5:49 PM
Oct 2017
Man, this episode went quick...
Dec 19, 2020 7:20 PM

Jul 2020
I really liked Junpei. He had a kind heart and was just going through a lot of shit. Hoping they can bring him back someway...
As far as the right it was epic and didn't disappoint.
Dec 19, 2020 7:58 PM

Mar 2018
Nik03178 said:
Alpha_Druid said:
JJK again with a mediocre episode. Yuji was spouting some pseudo intellectual bullshit there. Even though his character is not strong enough/not developed at all to support his views that he was spouting. Mahito is still the bland, 1D villain. It's ironic how the only relatively good character was a minor one i.e Junpei. But even his death didn't make me flinch so I guess the author failed to develop him enough.

The animation was inconsistent. The anatomy of characters were very wrong in places not unlike in GoHS. The direction was lacking fairly. Shots were framed weirdly. I had to go back and watch to make sense of the scenes a couple of times. The choreography of the fight is again appalling. The camera moves in weird ways making it somewhat difficult to follow the fight. This combined with the direction of the fight thoroughly ruin the fight.

The plot armor and plot convenience shown here is also interesting. Yuji gets stabbed throughout his body and is just fine. No blood loss was even shown. He didn't fall dead even though he probably has many ruptured organs. And there is Nanami conveniently appearing to save Yuji.

It's not all bad though. The animation on some scenes was good. The backgrounds are again, very nice and detailed. Junpei was also a good character, atleast until his demise.

Damn some of you all got a lot of free time to watch the anime you hate so much lmao. Anyways another top tier episode of aoty 2020, jujutsu kaisen.

I never said I hated it though? I like JJK but this recent arc has been uninteresting so far. They had some interesting ideas but the execution is severely lacking. Lack of proper execution and lack of character development to carry such relatively heavy themes of this arc is actively hurting it.
Dec 19, 2020 8:22 PM
Apr 2015
Some good lessons and themes from this episodes. Yuji finally realizing that to protect the ones you love you have to kill, there is malice out there in the world and you have to be strong to take it on. Many people get stuck philosophizing morality too much when dealing with people that are too far gone or are simply, evil.

Junpei is what happens when parents are not active in a kids life. He was an emotional mess and didn't have the coping skills nor strength to deal with what he was suffering. Not to mention the lack of life experience to be able to analyze people, their intentions and actions. Whether it was done intentionally or not, it's telling how they showed his family photo with his father's face blocked by a plant signifying that he was either no longer in his life or too busy with work. Fathers are the ones that usually push their son to be strong, put them in martial arts school or teach him ways to deal with life, his problems, etc.

Nanami was spot on to call Mahito a kid, he doesn't even know that he is playing himself, trying to find support from Sukuna when Sukuna is just a way bigger player than he is. Not to mention that he didn't even think a pact would have been made after all this time with Yuji, as if it wouldn't be the first thing Sukuna would do, so he went through all this trouble for naught, and possibly getting himself killed in the process. This shows his immaturity and lack of foresight.
Dec 19, 2020 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what an episode!
I do feel bad for that guy, and unfortunately, i doubt there is something that Yuuji can do.

The whole Yuuji fight was so epic, the headbutt scene, holy shit! I love how Sukuna put that guy on his place xD I guess he expected that he wouldn't stand a chance against him.
So Yuuji's hand can beat the crap out of him, that's great!

Next episode promises to be very epic! Can't wait.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 19, 2020 8:39 PM

Mar 2019
SO MUCH DIFFERENCE Between THIS Episode and the Past One...

The past one, was just about punches and words.....

This one, was about Real Punches and Real Words than you could even feel...

Amazing 12th Episode... and possibly a better one in 13th...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 19, 2020 9:18 PM
Jul 2019
This episode gave me HxH vibes. People who watched HxH will know which scene I am talking about.

Overall I'm really liking this arc. The anime has stepped up a lot in terms of quality since this arc started.
Dec 19, 2020 9:48 PM

Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:

I never said I hated it though? I like JJK but this recent arc has been uninteresting so far. They had some interesting ideas but the execution is severely lacking. Lack of proper execution and lack of character development to carry such relatively heavy themes of this arc is actively hurting it.

Idk you dude but someone asked a question last page and your answer was
"because this anime is trash."
You give off hate vibes.

Plus most of your complaints were addressed in the episode.
Nanami, the bleeding, Yuji's organs.
Your complaint about Pseudo bs from Yuji doesn't make sense at all though.
Dec 19, 2020 9:52 PM

Mar 2018
Tirihas said:
Alpha_Druid said:

Idk you dude but someone asked a question last page and your answer was
"because this anime is trash."
You give off hate vibes.

Plus most of your complaints were addressed in the episode.
Nanami, the bleeding, Yuji's organs.
Your complaint about Pseudo bs from Yuji doesn't make sense at all though.

I still like it just this arc is straight up trash. When was Yuji bleeding addressed? What about Nanami plot convenience being addressed? Also, the last part, you won't get it.
Dec 19, 2020 10:18 PM

Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:

I still like it just this arc is straight up trash. When was Yuji bleeding addressed? What about Nanami plot convenience being addressed? Also, the last part, you won't get it.

Well Itadori bleeds on the spikes and out his mouth.
I noticed it when he was actively sliding up and down the spikes to head-butt Mahito.(which was awesome)
If that isn't enough all I can say is wait till next episode.

Nanami told us he was on the way in the first minute of the episode.
When he left the sewers to Ino.
So we knew he'd show up eventually.
Dynamic entries are staple for anime.
Do you dislike them?

Can you not channel the Joker lol.
If you elaborate on what you found pseudo-intellectual about Yuji's words
I'm fairly certain I'll get it.
It sounds interesting.
Dec 19, 2020 10:36 PM

Mar 2018
Tirihas said:
Alpha_Druid said:

Well Itadori bleeds on the spikes and out his mouth.
I noticed it when he was actively sliding up and down the spikes to head-butt Mahito.(which was awesome)
If that isn't enough all I can say is wait till next episode.

Nanami told us he was on the way in the first minute of the episode.
When he left the sewers to Ino.
So we knew he'd show up eventually.
Dynamic entries are staple for anime.
Do you dislike them?

Can you not channel the Joker lol.
If you elaborate on what you found pseudo-intellectual about Yuji's words
I'm fairly certain I'll get it.
It sounds interesting.

So why is Yuji not crippled and why is he still standing after those grave injuries.

Okay.

Wha? Joker? Yuji was spouting some bs while fighting Junpei. Why does he think like that even though we haven't even established that it's his character in the first place. We know why Junpei was saying things he said because we saw him develop those feelings. The circumstances shaped him and affected his way of thinking. The same however cannot be said for Yuji. He hasn't had the proper or sufficient circumstances to shape his contrasting views to that of Junpei. His character is lacking. That's what I meant by him not having enough development. And that's why his babbling comes off as preachy.
Dec 19, 2020 10:48 PM

Feb 2014
Sukuna may be evil, but he's an evil with class. Know your place!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 20, 2020 12:04 AM

Dec 2020
Alpha_Druid said:

So why is Yuji not crippled and why is he still standing after those grave injuries.

Okay.

Wha? Joker? Yuji was spouting some bs while fighting Junpei. Why does he think like that even though we haven't even established that it's his character in the first place. We know why Junpei was saying things he said because we saw him develop those feelings. The circumstances shaped him and affected his way of thinking. The same however cannot be said for Yuji. He hasn't had the proper or sufficient circumstances to shape his contrasting views to that of Junpei. His character is lacking. That's what I meant by him not having enough development. And that's why his babbling comes off as preachy.

I'm surprised Yuji didn't come off as emphatic to you.
Considering Junpei was advocating for mass-murder, I didn't consider Yuji's rejection of his philosophy "bullshit".

Yuji didn't know about the bullying Junpei faced or his Mom's murder.
All he knows is his new best friend's trying to murder people and is using pseudo-intellectual bullshit to justify himself.

You're right that Yuji was intended to come off as preachy.
It wasn't until Junpei breaks down crying that Yuji realizes how stupid and preachy the questions he's been asking must have been.
He then apologizes and lets himself get hit.

The Joker thing is a meme.
Dec 20, 2020 12:30 AM

Mar 2018
Tirihas said:
Alpha_Druid said:

Okay.

I'm surprised Yuji didn't come off as emphatic to you.
Considering Junpei was advocating for mass-murder, I didn't consider Yuji's rejection of his philosophy "bullshit".

Yuji didn't know about the bullying Junpei faced or his Mom's murder.
All he knows is his new best friend's trying to murder people and is using pseudo-intellectual bullshit to justify himself.

You're right that Yuji was intended to come off as preachy.
It wasn't until Junpei breaks down crying that Yuji realizes how stupid and preachy the questions he's been asking must have been.
He then apologizes and lets himself get hit.

The Joker thing is a meme.

Okay. I guess then the execution was bad. Because it didn't feel to me as you said it should. It didn't have the impact that I feel like I should've had. Should've fleshed out the characters for me to take what they say seriously then. Maybe because the previous arcs were not as serious and we're thrust into this rather serious arc(still feels like a joke to me though) without proper buildup on Itadori and Nanami side. Build up as in building towards the themes of this arc.
Dec 20, 2020 2:03 AM

May 2019
Muzan2020 said:
To manga readers out there. Stop spoiling the story ffs.

Yeah and anime-onlies,don't repeat what you got spoiled in this thread,so that other anime-onlies do not get spoiled.FFS,I opened this thread sorted by latest reply and first thing I see is you spoiling shit.I mean spoiler tags are made for a reason.If they don't use brain doesn't mean you should also not.
Dec 20, 2020 2:22 AM
Jul 2019
I really thought junpei will turn out to be arch rival to itadori, but mahito has to be major shit. Cant complaint.
Dec 20, 2020 2:32 AM

Oct 2020
I was surprised that Jumpei dies in this episode because I thought he will be one of the most important characters in the series. Sukuna really toying around with Itadori. He gave a Kyuubi's vibe. I cant wait to see Idatori and Nanamin combo attack in the next episode.
Dec 20, 2020 2:55 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that has the value of being very engaging in the narration, another useful reason to see it, and if you have discussed with someone, this will at least be useful to dissipate a little the accumulated anger. The screenplay re-proposes arguments dear to the Shonen at the dialectal level and a lot of action in which the ultimate goal is to beat yourself up. The expectations placed in the next episode are many and of the highest narrative level.
Dec 20, 2020 5:20 AM
Jan 2020
Unwaveringriot said:
I got a little confused here. Why didn't Sukuna accept Yuuji's offer? They already have a binding vow, so can a curse only have one binding vow in place? And what was Mahito trying to accomplish by touching Yuuji/Sukuna's soul? To bring Sukuna out and ask him about entering a binding vow? But Sukuna shot that down?

Mahito tried to use his technique, Idle Transfiguration, on Yuuji, but didn't know that means he'd also touch Sukuna's soul (it's like Yuuji's and Sukuna's souls are merging). Sukuna is an arrogant King, fairly so, that's why he was annoyed by such an young and self-confident curse Mahito.
Dec 20, 2020 6:29 AM

Nov 2014
jerryjoonie said:
Unwaveringriot said:

Mahito tried to use his technique, Idle Transfiguration, on Yuuji, but didn't know that means he'd also touch Sukuna's soul (it's like Yuuji's and Sukuna's souls are merging). Sukuna is an arrogant King, fairly so, that's why he was annoyed by such an young and self-confident curse Mahito.

@Unwaveringriot
Sukuna can't reverse transfigured humans. Like Shoko said, once they're transfigured, it's over. So if Sukuna entered a binding pact without the ability to fulfill his end of it, then he will get punished.
Dec 20, 2020 7:06 AM

May 2018
Nah this episode was just 24 minutes of fire. Idk what it is about MAPPA, but they just built different. Bringing so many of my fave panels to life and making them even better than the source material.
Been a while since I read this chapter, seeing Junpei die again and Sukuna refuse to help.. opened some wounds for sure. But this is where JJK really gets going and the hype that the anime gets becomes warranted

Dec 20, 2020 7:42 AM

Mar 2020
Great episode, I was sad for Junpei, he didn't deserve it despite everything. Itadori angrily gave Mahito no rest, but he still doesn't stand a chance. In the next fight it will be Nanami and Itadori against Mahito, looking forward to it.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 20, 2020 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
That's a lot of holes in Itadori. I don't care about "reaslism", but he is doing a bit too well for such wounds.

Somehow I just can't hate Sukuna. All that swagger is awesome.
Dec 20, 2020 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
I'm still reeling from that transition of Yuuji being the self-aware listening ear that Junpei truly needed ("Sorry. I said a lot of self-important stuff without understanding anything."), to him snapping due to his mix of rage and grief ("The next words that spilled from my lips came from so deep within my gut, that it nearly made all the things I've ever said feel like a lie--I will kill you!"). His va did a great job in delivering these scenes, truly.

Those visuals of what could have been, if Junpei were to have been part of the gang were so <\3.

That first punch to Mahito was satisfying and I can appreciate Sukuna basically letting him off with a "You are not on my level".
Dec 20, 2020 9:11 AM

May 2015
RIP Junpei, you wont be missed.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 20, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2020
I found the animation in some very bad parts, unfortunately, these animes need animation to explode on the internet, but the episode was not bad, I think ...
you can send a friend request at will!(ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥
Dec 20, 2020 11:10 AM
May 2019
I really hope they can fix Junpei (alive and human), I think it would be an awesome member to team 7. XD

This episode was delicious to watch, nice actions scenes, with fantastic animation and well directed.
Dec 20, 2020 11:13 AM
May 2019
I'm even more curious to see what was Yuji's contract with Sukuna...
Dec 20, 2020 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
Man the first half was just so boring but damn the pace and intensity really picked up after dat, twas awesome. Damn can't wait to see the 2v1

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 20, 2020 12:56 PM
Jan 2020
kunieda said:
I'm still reeling from that transition of Yuuji being the self-aware listening ear that Junpei truly needed ("Sorry. I said a lot of self-important stuff without understanding anything."), to him snapping due to his mix of rage and grief ("The next words that spilled from my lips came from so deep within my gut, that it nearly made all the things I've ever said feel like a lie--I will kill you!"). His va did a great job in delivering these scenes, truly.

Those visuals of what could have been, if Junpei were to have been part of the gang were so <\3.

That first punch to Mahito was satisfying and I can appreciate Sukuna basically letting him off with a "You are not on my level".

Nice observation here! Yuuji's still young, brash and unexperienced, but he genuinely cares about other people's feelings and tries to learn how to communicate with them properly (from mistakes ofc, like what you said abt Junpei).
Dec 20, 2020 12:58 PM
Jan 2020
Sorofia said:
I'm even more curious to see what was Yuji's contract with Sukuna...
it was talked about in ep 6. First, when Sukuna says "Enchant", Yuuji swaps bodies with him for one minute and during that time Sukuna can't harm anyone. Second, Yuuji forgets this contract.
Dec 20, 2020 2:01 PM
Dec 2020
ttcchen said:
jerryjoonie said:

@Unwaveringriot
Sukuna can't reverse transfigured humans. Like Shoko said, once they're transfigured, it's over. So if Sukuna entered a binding pact without the ability to fulfill his end of it, then he will get punished.

Ahhh, thank you both so much! That makes sense and clears up what I was confused on. Sukuna said no so coldly, like he *could* help but just didn't want to that I believed him XD
Dec 20, 2020 3:07 PM

Jun 2013
jerryjoonie said:
kunieda said:

Nice observation here! Yuuji's still young, brash and unexperienced, but he genuinely cares about other people's feelings and tries to learn how to communicate with them properly (from mistakes ofc, like what you said abt Junpei).
Yes, very much so! I think this combo of adaptability and empathy is what really gives some more depth to his Shounen Protag Values, and it's really nice to witness.
Dec 20, 2020 3:33 PM

Dec 2012
el3mel said:
This episode gave me HxH vibes. People who watched HxH will know which scene I am talking about.

Overall I'm really liking this arc. The anime has stepped up a lot in terms of quality since this arc started.

I thought the same thing!
Dec 20, 2020 3:40 PM

Apr 2018
Holy shit, that was so good. It was funny seeing Sakuna and Mahito both laugh at Yuuji.

I hope Junpei survives Mahito really needs to die for what he did.

Nanami still cool af tho with dem glasses.
Dec 20, 2020 4:06 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Alex_Lane said:
Really like what they have been doing with Junpei. He is growing to be quite an intersesting character, really excited to see more of him if he turns into a human again.

the voice acting in this episode is absolutely incredible. It really gave an extra layer of awesomeness to everything that was going on.

Very impressive, great episode!

My guy he is dead did you not watch the episode properly that is why yuji went crazy angry

Dec 20, 2020 4:14 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
-_TSG_HYBRD_- said:
I have a feeling Junpei is gonna be turned back because in the OP he was sitting with the other students. If he did die then I think that scene in the OP is a bit weird to include him

I'm going to explain this the best way I can, they added him in the opening because they wanted to do a would been future like if jumpei came to Jujutsu tech etc the same with the shot of jumpei with the gang during the episode they just highlighting a possible future

Dec 20, 2020 4:15 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
People are gonna die in this series and when they do, they don't come back this ain't ur normal shounen

Dec 20, 2020 4:41 PM
Dec 2015
Esuo said:
Skydis said:
Wow what a great episode!

Poor Junpei, wasn't expecting that :(
I think that they will bring him back to live smh. If you look at the opening he is sitting there with the while gang next to Itadori.

I really hope so! They started building his character up nicely
Dec 20, 2020 5:03 PM
Dec 2020
The animation in this episode has me really excited for Chainsaw Man
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Yesterday, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.