Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2020 7:37 PM
Jul 2020
Honestly a yawner of an episode, hope the series gets better soon.
Nov 14, 2020 8:21 PM

Oct 2017
Nice we finally got to see how the event of the first episode happened and it was quite amusing. That pirate dude will surely play an important role in the story cause he seemed to have the blue pearl. Also Towa's short fantasy about her and Setsuna was cute.
Nov 14, 2020 8:58 PM
Sep 2008
So it took them 5 episodes to return to exactly where the first episode ended. It doesn't make sense
Nov 15, 2020 2:23 AM

Apr 2014
Worst episode so far. I can't even call it recycled material, they literally made us watch the Sengoku part of the first episode all over again.
Nov 15, 2020 11:01 AM

Feb 2008
Seems like Fukuyama-san's character will be the recurring love -or rejected love- from one of our main princesses, which we still don't know why that demon owl call them "princesses".

Did Sesshomaru have a brief adventure with a human queen from the Sengoku era? I don't even think Rin was of Shogun descendance. Also, these episodes seem so short, thank God I am rewatching Inuyasha.

I really have no complaints about the recycled stuff, I am very used to it. Hope the ED changes at full cour, such a good song. Can't wait for more screentime of Kagome and Inuyasha next week.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Nov 15, 2020 3:53 PM

Apr 2018
So this is how Towa was caught in the very first episode. We may finally see what happened to Inuyasha, Kagome, and Rin in the next episode.
Nov 15, 2020 5:16 PM

Jun 2017
This Riku seems interesting and we will be probably seeing more of him later.

I am really hyped about next week's preview, maybe we are finally getting some juicy answers to what's going on in general.

zeroj said:
Seems like Fukuyama-san's character will be the recurring love -or rejected love- from one of our main princesses, which we still don't know why that demon owl call them "princesses".

Did Sesshomaru have a brief adventure with a human queen from the Sengoku era? I don't even think Rin was of Shogun descendance. Also, these episodes seem so short, thank God I am rewatching Inuyasha.

I really have no complaints about the recycled stuff, I am very used to it. Hope the ED changes at full cour, such a good song. Can't wait for more screentime of Kagome and Inuyasha next week.

As far as we know Rin was just a random girl from a random village. I am guessing Towa and Setsuna are referred to as princesses due to Sesshoumaru's and the Great Dog General's status since the latter was also a super big gun controlling one region and the former is heavily respected.
Nov 15, 2020 7:22 PM

Oct 2008
what contrast! Towa the most reliable out of the three daughters and she is also the most trouble maker! hey! that scene on the end is from the first episode if i remember correctly!
4/5.

Nov 16, 2020 8:02 PM

May 2020
Pretty exciting episode, even if half of it was just a pure recap. Looks like things are finally starting to get moving with the next episode.

Kinda of a shame that this show's popularity seems to be dropping every week. Especially since the other seasonals I'm watching have a higher response in the forums and those shows aren't sequels to a popular manga/anime like Inuyasha was.
TitanInsaneNov 20, 2020 2:24 AM
Nov 17, 2020 9:45 AM
Apr 2020
Is Riku and Kirinmaru related? They both hate grapes. lol

Fubuki is cute, so small yet acting so big. lmao

Nov 18, 2020 9:45 AM
Mar 2018
One of my biggest complaints with this series so far has to be its pacing and the overall structure of how events are being taken place.
To me, it feels like it doesn’t have a clear focus at times and just jumps to one thing after another with not much of a payoff. We literally just went in a complete circle back to the first episode. If the sequences of events were placed in different orders, then I could’ve dealt with THIS episode being the first. We would’ve been caught up to speed.
Also, just a nitpick, I’m starting to get really annoyed with how 7 EPISODES in and the show still feels the need to place the names of the characters, especially the main cast. Like we’re idiots or 4 year olds because clearly we can’t remember half of their names.
As for the preview with seeing Inu and Kagome... after that c**k tease in the other episode with Miroku only appearing in a flashback, I’m not holding my breath. That could be a dream sequence or another flashback with Inu and Kagome. We’ll see.
SilentKitsune_95Nov 18, 2020 9:58 AM
Nov 20, 2020 12:55 PM
Jul 2015
Love to see the group's dynamic getting better
Nov 21, 2020 9:07 AM

Jul 2008
Well now we are caught up with the first episode, time to find out what happened with the old group.
Dec 9, 2020 4:03 AM

Jun 2017
With any luck, we'll get to know what really happened to InuYasha and the others in the next episode. I've been really wondering about that for quite some time now.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 14, 2021 11:02 PM
Jun 2020
So we're back to where episode 1 started. Finally, we might actually get to see how the story really connects to Inuyasha.
May 17, 2022 2:21 PM

Nov 2010
Kirinmaru sounds badass!

They should've tried changing history. I think Japan would've been better off if it remained a Shogunate. The Meiji restoration was a double edged sword to Japanese society.
Jan 12, 2023 11:29 AM

Jan 2018
This is basically episode 1 but with context. At least in the 2nd half.

Riku is cool. He made a fool out of Towa.
Mar 20, 2023 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
So we got the full story from episode 1, Towa is still way too trusting with strangers.
Feb 28, 9:10 PM

Jun 2020
Episode 1 but with context this time.

Inuyasha did the same thing. You see Kikyo shooting Inuyasha to pin him against the tree and then the scene is fleshed out and further explained the more the series goes on.

And Kagome is in the preview. About time the series reveals what has been going on with all the old-school characters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.