Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 11, 2020 11:24 PM

May 2020
Good one compared to the previous episode !
but, does not gives the 'Haikyu' feel at all.
Nov 12, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
Sourire said:
Man this season is such a massive disappointment in terms of production. How to drop the ball.. off to read the manga I guess.

And it’s not just the art or animation thats way below the usual standard, the directing is subpar most of the time and pacing is just off compared to previous seasons. I legit do not feel any excitement watching this match and Haikyuu was probably my favorite sports anime from season 1-3. Season 4 part 1 was fine but a bit boring, but I feel insulted watching part 2.

Exactly.. the staff change is really showing and it does pain me to think bad about Haikyuu because all the previous seasons were damn good...

The first part of this episode was messy overall and unfortunately a few good shots (liek Aran spike and Kageyama's serves) aren't enough to save 20 minutes of weird camera angles, odd frames and overall all over the palce directing (which i think is the main problem with this season personally. It doesn't feel like the Haikyuu we're used to).

And it's not like we're just bashing it for the sake of it. It's because we hold Haikyuu in high standars from the previous seasons that stuff like this just feels jarring. Yes, I get it gets exhausting hearing the same complaints over and over but most of the time is because people actually care

I'm almost caught up with this part in the manga and honestly i've been more and more inclined to just stop watching the anime and continue reading...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Nov 12, 2020 9:05 AM

Apr 2008
Sourire said:
Man this season is such a massive disappointment in terms of production. How to drop the ball.. off to read the manga I guess.

And it’s not just the art or animation thats way below the usual standard, the directing is subpar most of the time and pacing is just off compared to previous seasons. I legit do not feel any excitement watching this match and Haikyuu was probably my favorite sports anime from season 1-3. Season 4 part 1 was fine but a bit boring, but I feel insulted watching part 2.

+1

If it were only the animation... It seems that there is another team doing this season... Oh, wait...
Nov 13, 2020 1:37 AM
Feb 2020
Those were the days of season 1 to 3 when i thought haikyuu was the godliest of all anime and now i cant even fathom what i am watching rn was so good before like i just cant get the thrill back like something has changed man, i use to love this show and now i dont even feel like watching the next episode the animation is obviously not up to mark but even story wise when i watched karasuno vs shiratorizawa i was blown away literally ,,,im sad mannn
Nov 14, 2020 1:50 PM
May 2019
Capu_ said:
This episode, compared to the previous ones, was very weird.
It seemed outsourced like the ep 2.

Plus we couldn't follow the plays, how points were made or not, etc.
And it starts directly at 14-7 for inarazaki without explaining what happened ._.

Yesss, there was this time, when Ryuu pointed and her sister at the grandstand cheered for him that we couldn't even see her on the scene.
Nov 17, 2020 1:50 AM

Jul 2013
Inarizaki is probably my most favorite enemy team. They're the strongest Karasuno has fought so far but even so, they're shown from time to time to be struggling, even their powerful players make mistakes and all that. It makes the fight more fun and interesting. Cause aside from the team Karasuno beat before this, every single team they played against always dominate them during the play, even the ones they beat lol
Nov 21, 2020 8:40 PM
Apr 2018
I agree with most comments, some parts looked really bad, especially during Aran 3-hit point and Tsukki's block attempt, but I also think I looked very good during other, like Kageyama's. Man, Kageyama's serve was so amazing. I reacted as if I were watching a real match. Please Karasuno, win.
Nov 22, 2020 2:40 AM

Oct 2019
The episode was a bit weird, like something was missing..
Nov 24, 2020 4:26 PM

Jun 2020
Looks like thing's aren't going well on Karasuno but there fighting back.

The defense on the other team is really good, they have a genius like Kenma, has a powerful ace it's making the game so exciting.
Dec 22, 2020 2:01 AM

Feb 2013
They are starting to fightback!
Feb 14, 2021 8:46 PM

Sep 2018
Rintaro is weird and cool at the same time lol he kills slowly XD
Calm Tobio is dangerous lol

is that a new guy? 
Jun 2, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2021
I was shocked at the points difference at first but Karasuno is catching up...the match is getting intense alright :)
Jul 13, 2021 1:16 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
CALMEYAMA???? That first serve was pretty badass. Karasuno has the best players when they're UNLOCKED

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 5, 2021 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
I really wish they didn't go for the manga style of animation for these two seasons, it looks uglier and ever worse in this and the 2nd episode, when they outsource it or something. Like come on, this is a hit series, you can't tell me you are not prepared to make it the best it can look (like the first 2 seasons). Could it have been related to the pandemic? I see no other reason they would make them uglier like this, but then the first half of this also had that animation drop due to changing to the manga's style.

Also fuck the other team's audience, sure the guy didn't end up scoring a point, but this is just rude.
Aug 20, 2022 11:18 AM

Sep 2017
Damn this ep kinda looked like shit and was hard to follow. In general this season has a looked a bit worse than the previous 3 which I guess can happen given the time frame between them. Still this episode was exceptionally jank.
Jan 12, 2023 10:42 AM
Apr 2021
KENMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 7, 2023 11:35 AM

Mar 2019
Nothing big happened in this episode, but that ending is scary! That guy is the leader, yet he's only coming out now.

Also that serve from Kageyama was amazing! 
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 27, 2023 7:08 AM

Dec 2007
how good it is to return to karasun vs irizawa match, the difference in the plot and players chemistry is just total different than other team's match.

i glad that noya actually had more screen time here, since this match had begun it felt as he hardly had focus.

why the animation is so inconsistent in this season? more correctly, in this episode alone there were serious downhills.
it wouldn't had bothered me if there weren't such good animated scene aside some bad ones.
if it wouldn't haikyuu, it wouldn't bothered me that much, but just go to s3 ep4 to see epic animated scenes. also in p1 ep11 the animation was just amazing.
it's not even about the directing that i already got used to.
User-NameAug 27, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 28, 2023 5:58 PM
Jul 2017
I WANT SOME TSUKKI LOVE

kageyama serving like his senpai was great. i am still waiting for the ace to do a 100% serve
Nov 21, 2023 10:58 AM

Jan 2021
I don't like it when it gets so much into the mind games, but it's fine

Kageyama just casually showing off his excellence this whole match lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Captain_Rogers - Dec 18, 2020

197 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

214 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

159 by vit_ »»
Feb 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2020

94 by vit_ »»
Feb 21, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

160 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 6:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.