Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 26, 2020 3:56 AM

Sep 2018
Futari_no_Ossan said:

lol no the best character is yet to appear and will mog this beta Usopp once he makes his grand entrance.

Btw your avatar and sig are supreme spoilers man, surprised the mods are letting this go...

Hyunkel's char dev is meh. Popp and Hadlar are THE BESSSSSSSTTTTT you can find in a shounen!!!
My ava and sig come from other series so no spoilers at all...
DragonKnight92Oct 26, 2020 4:24 AM
Oct 26, 2020 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
Silverstorm92 said:

dude are you a kid or something ? remove them for the sake of other users.

KaeUBW said:
Like some others in this topic, i'm also hating how the subs have the spells translated. It sucks ass.

They decided to use the official names of spells in DQ games right ?
On paper I understand the choice and that's cool. But in reality it sucks that official english name in the games themselves are so ridiculous.
sizzle, whoosh, crack, frizzle. Yeah why choose Dragoram for a dragonification spell when you can call it "puff".
Feels like someone describing a battle in DnD would be like "and then he did pew pew boom bang blam and he won" :x
Oct 26, 2020 10:57 AM

Sep 2020
OmniKaiser said:

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Oct 26, 2020 10:49 PM

Apr 2014
Apparently this is an unpopular opinion, but I didn't care for this episode. I just don't like when shows introduce such powerful characters early on. I want more episodes like the first two, with their random monster battles and treacherous bad guys.
Oct 26, 2020 11:17 PM

Oct 2008
w0w i'm beginning to like this show!
5/5.

Oct 28, 2020 9:54 AM

Dec 2016
Silverstorm92 said:

I dunno... Baran in 2020 remake already have VA and your Dai is also in the manga.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Oct 28, 2020 11:55 PM

May 2012
OmniKaiser said:
Silverstorm92 said:

KaeUBW said:
Like some others in this topic, i'm also hating how the subs have the spells translated. It sucks ass.

On paper I understand the choice and that's cool. But in reality it sucks that official english name in the games themselves are so ridiculous.
sizzle, whoosh, crack, frizzle. Yeah why choose Dragoram for a dragonification spell when you can call it "puff".
Feels like someone describing a battle in DnD would be like "and then he did pew pew boom bang blam and he won" :x

Puff is probably the worst name for a spell i have ever heard about. It's even worse when you think it's a spell to change yourself into a dragon.
I despise woke people.
Oct 29, 2020 7:38 PM
Jul 2019
The Avan vs Hadler was pretty epic in the original from what I remember from my childhood. Hope it lives up to it in this remake. Quality of animation has been good so far.
Oct 29, 2020 7:40 PM
Jul 2019
OmniKaiser said:
Silverstorm92 said:

KaeUBW said:

It's indeed the name of spells in the game and I'm glad they are translating them like the games, because I would have a hard time understanding them without these names.

All JRPG have such kind of weird English names for their spells anyway. Not any worse than Agi, Bufu and Garu from Persona.
Oct 29, 2020 7:53 PM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, Dai is a very good fighter.
I loved working with this art style, the next months are gonna be cool at office!
Nov 15, 2020 9:12 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby Demon Lord he is back already!! And 100% enhanced and now a servant of the demon king. I have to say when Avan caught the lightening attack and crushed it my memories swept my back for a brief moment of when Yoda fought Count Dooku. Was at the premiere in the cinema and the audience all up and cheered. I'm a little more reserved and found it a little distasteful cheering during a movie like that but it was an epic scene and at least a quarter of the audience were in cosplay anyway!

Imagine a show reminding me of such an old memory. All right people, I'm 100% all in on Dragon Quest! I'm assuming its only going to get wilder from now on!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 27, 2020 12:56 PM
Oct 2018
I'm new to dragon quest but I noticed that the last scene in this episode looks like a copy
¿so should I expect a show with a similar story or is it going to deviate more later on?
Apr 19, 2021 5:59 PM

Jul 2019
I was not expecting anything that happened in this episode lol
Dec 28, 2021 8:49 AM

Jun 2019
Dai managed to defeat Avan but the real problem approached later on when the Dark Lord himself came to the island with his resurrected body and stronger than ever. Even, Avan couldn't defeat him this time around.

That cliffhanger tho... Will Avan sensei be alright?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.