Forums
New
Have you ever felt suicidal?
yes
73.3%
No
26.7%
90 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2020 9:06 PM

Aug 2020
Minerrr said:
Energized said:
I would never do it. Suicide is for the cowardly.

the only people who should kill themselves are people who say this.

Nope, because I enjoy life and I'm making paper. Why should I be the one to off my self?

People that commit suicide are COWARDS and nothing will change my mind. I mean, how hard can life be when you're eating your mamas food and your mama pays your bills LMAO
Sep 22, 2020 9:08 PM
Jan 2019
Last resort. Only tried once, every other time I felt extremely suicidal, I figured I'd rather go all out before ending it all which led to reckless decision making and carelessness. I still get thoughts, but I'll never act on them now, because I know that I can use my experiences to help others. Still feels like I will act on those suicidal thoughts every time things do get dark even though I know I won't, hell, I don't know, maybe I just say that and I might one day. Praying that day never comes.
Sep 22, 2020 9:58 PM
Mar 2019
I used to think that I had no right to complain if other people under worse conditions kept on living while I, well, wanted to end mine. I had valid reasons (at least to me) and I also had a therapist who at least tried to understand and helped me get through my PTSD. The thing is, that's just me negating my feelings and that didn't really go well for me -- if anything that just urged me to off myself. But as what a user said I try my best to die but someone else keeps resummoning me. A girl can't even take a break from this hellhole so I guess I'll just have to kick someone else's ass to pass time.

I don't judge anyone else who's suicidal. I do try my best to convince that things do get better, you just have to put in a lot of effort to make it through, but ultimately it's their choice. And I will respect that no matter the outcome.
Sep 23, 2020 10:40 AM

May 2020
i wish some people could just stop saying it for the aesthetic. sure, the jokes can be funny if well made but i just wish i could get help for this sort of thing, you know?
all of my waifus are dead
Sep 23, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Never been suicidal before but I don't blame people at all for being suicidal/committing suicide because being in a bad mental state can be fucking torture. If you say that it's cowardly I'll just assume you're a psychopath because that's such a cruel thing to say. If someone was being physically tortured for a prolonged period with no end in sight NO ONE would blame them for committing suicide and everyone has empathy for them but when it's mental instead of physical that doesn't apply for some reason.
Sep 23, 2020 9:04 PM

Mar 2020
I mean its their life, do what they want to do with it. What can outsiders do anyways.
汝臣民ノ信仰心ニヨリ、生キ返リマシタ。明治天皇デアリマス。
Sep 23, 2020 9:07 PM

Mar 2020

energized said:
People that commit suicide are COWARDS and nothing will change my mind. I mean, how hard can life be when you're eating your mamas food and your mama pays your bills LMAO

Academic pressure, social pressure, mental illnesses, bullying, hopelessness, lack of friends, etc.
汝臣民ノ信仰心ニヨリ、生キ返リマシタ。明治天皇デアリマス。
Sep 23, 2020 10:42 PM

Aug 2020
Ego_King said:

energized said:

Academic pressure, social pressure, mental illnesses, bullying, hopelessness, lack of friends, etc.

Out of everything you mentioned, mental illness is the only thing that justifies a suicide.
Sep 23, 2020 10:44 PM

Jul 2019
It's a tragic thing and as someone who has lost someone very close to them to suicide it hurts the people around you much more than you think it will
Sep 24, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2018
Suicide is dumb, not only does someone end their own life it also impacts others in their life. If you think your life is bad stop feeling bad for yourself there are many others with way worse lives. Some people dont even have food to eat or water to drink. stfu and man up u spoiled child.

Sep 24, 2020 11:27 AM

Jan 2018
Why should someone be forced to live a life that they didn't sign up for? At the end of the day our lives will be forgotten eventually either way.
Sep 24, 2020 11:48 AM

Jun 2012
-Lunar- said:
Why should someone be forced to live a life that they didn't sign up for? At the end of the day our lives will be forgotten eventually either way.

not everyones lives will be forgotten my d00d
Sep 24, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2019
Shuhan said:
-Lunar- said:

Human race will be extinct at some point in the future, at that time noone will rememeber anyone
Sep 24, 2020 12:20 PM

Jun 2020
-Lunar- said:

I guess you're right. Personally i've had suicidal thoughts for years, due to many different reasons. However i never tried killing myself because i was afraid of failing. I failed at many things in life and was always judged for my mistakes, if i failed at dying too my sanity and self-confidence would probably be gone for good. Especially because everyone would look at me like "oh it's that suicidal guy" and pity me. Anyways i usually don't like to talk about that, it's a pain in the ass and nowadays you can't even tell what you're feeling without being called "edgy", "weak" and stuff like that. So i prefer to deal with all that myself instead of asking for help.
Sep 24, 2020 12:25 PM

Jan 2018
Nyarly-kun said:
-Lunar- said:

I guess you're right. Personally i've had suicidal thoughts for years, due to many different reasons. However i never tried killing myself because i was afraid of failing. I failed at many things in life and was always judged for my mistakes, if i failed at dying too my sanity and self-confidence would probably be gone for good. Especially because everyone would look at me like "oh it's that suicidal guy" and pity me. Anyways i usually don't like to talk about that, it's a pain in the ass and nowadays you can't even tell what you're feeling without being called "edgy", "weak" and stuff like that. So i prefer to deal with all that myself instead of asking for help.

Might I recommend getting a journal to keep track of your thoughts? Sometimes having an outlet to talk about your feelings, even if it isn't a person, can help you stay grounded.
Sep 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Jun 2020
Might I recommend getting a journal to keep track of your thoughts? Sometimes having an outlet to talk about your feelings, even if it isn't a person, can help you stay grounded.

Hm, maybe i'll try doing something like that. Thanks for caring.
Sep 24, 2020 12:45 PM
Apr 2016
Errr, I think majority of suicides are done for fiddling reasons, under circumstances that could easily be bent in a contented angle. Tons of exceptions exist (ex. people with chronic pains), some people deserve to have the right to cease — why would one force another to continue a life of intractable suffering? Ah, selfish? If you ask me, it's also pretty selfish to force another to live in suffering just so another could remain merry. To reiterate: majority really do it for retarded reasons, but some have the right to do it and should if they feel like they want to.
Sep 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Oct 2017
xeonite said:
Errr, I think majority of suicides are done for fiddling reasons, under circumstances that could easily be bent in a contented angle. Tons of exceptions exist (ex. people with chronic pains), some people deserve to have the right to cease — why would one force another to continue a life of intractable suffering? Ah, selfish? If you ask me, it's also pretty selfish to force another to live in suffering just so another could remain merry. To reiterate: majority really do it for retarded reasons, but some have the right to do it and should if they feel like they want to.
I agree. I have no idea how many threads have been about this topic, but it isn't a bad thing to do if it is chronic suffering for many, many years; if it's temporary, then help can be received and they can get better, even if it may take months to many years.
Suicide is a bad decision either way, but if they had a chronic issue causing agony, I wouldn't blame them.
Sep 24, 2020 1:50 PM

Jun 2012
Katapullt said:
Shuhan said:

Human race will be extinct at some point in the future, at that time noone will rememeber anyone

I think humans will manage to avoid any mass extinctions.
Sep 24, 2020 2:26 PM
Jul 2020
vuxk said:
I have no sympathy for people who commit suicide. All they do is wasting resources and being a burden to people around them so good riddance. If you're thinking about committing suicide, by all means, DO IT.

This isn't surprising coming from a Somalian.

Sep 24, 2020 3:16 PM

May 2013
vuxk said:
I have no sympathy for people who commit suicide. All they do is wasting resources and being a burden to people around them so good riddance. If you're thinking about committing suicide, by all means, DO IT.

Be careful there, I almost cut myself on all that edge.

In all seriousness nice b8 m8.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 24, 2020 6:05 PM
Nov 2016
Suicide is a right, if you want to kill yourself then you should be able to.
'suicide is selfish'. no it isn't, forcing someone to live just so you don't feel bad when they kill themselves is selfish.

Sep 24, 2020 7:12 PM

Jan 2020
I'm surprised not to read anyone mention harakiri, self-immolation, or hunger strikes yet. In the not-so-distant past, at least depending on the country, on a similar topic, suicidal or directionless kids were often told to join their country's military, or fight for a cause. Do we lack rational and linear causes or motivations that you can sacrifice your flesh for in the modern day? Rather than an increase in directionlessness?

TallonKarrde23 said:
However, I do think we should allow for people to be euthanized if they are of sound mind at the time and have verified reason such as an incurable disease, incurable trauma, or incurable severe life-debilitating issue (like a mental health one).

I've read this opinion a few times, but whenever I ask, I get different criteria from each person. What mental health issues do you think are serious enough to get the go-ahead?
Sep 28, 2020 8:27 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Locked for not adhering to Casual Discussion Rule 7.
Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed.
a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
30 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

42 by Kamikaze_404 »»
36 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

48 by Rhaelynne »»
41 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.