Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2020 10:32 PM
Mar 2019
I’m def an anime watcher and not reader have been my whole time as a fan but I just can’t take it anymore. Literally 95% of anime are just one season promos for their source that never get continued even if they sell well and or boost the source and it makes me sick. I’ve tried to fight through it for years but it’s pointless to watch 12-24
Episodes of story’s getting into them that constantly never get finished.So my questions are.

Where are the main/Best places to buy or read online preferably up to date light novels in English.

How long to do most lns go on in comparison to Manga in length/time?

Sep 14, 2020 10:25 AM

Dec 2019
I'm not familiar with pirate sites, but I use Bookwalker for official English translation manga and light novels. You can usually get official English translations from any notable western distributor (e.g., Amazon). MAL also has a store, but I've never really looked at it. I like Bookwalker because they have some pretty generous deals where you get store credit ("coins") based on purchases. For example, they have an event going on right now where you get up to 50% "coinback" on purchases of manga/light novels released on or before August 22nd of this year (or something like that). That essentially amounts to 1 free volume for every two that your pay for. The in-browser viewer is also pretty good.

Regarding length, are you asking how long is the typical, active publishing period for a light novel series, or something else?
I occasionally write blog posts and reviews.
Sep 16, 2020 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
Seconding the Bookwalker recommendation, at least for Americans. If you're in another country idk what's best.

Novel length can vary greatly, just like manga. Some series are short, some are as long as any manga.

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
Sep 18, 2020 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
a LN story can go from 1 volume of below 200 pages to more than hundred of volumes of 300page+ each (or 30 volumes of 900 pages each ~) for the extremes so the range is quite massive.
Best place to buy english version is probably Bookwalker for many countries indeed; so thirding that.
Lately amazon has been removing many LN titles as soon as they have some kind of illustration they don't like, so don't buy there.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

387 by Bestkindoftrash »»
1 hour ago

» How many of your favorite mangas do you own physical copies of? ( 1 2 )

bucciest - May 29, 2023

66 by G-Orange »»
3 hours ago

» What device do you read Manga on? ( 1 2 )

SupremeGod - Sep 14, 2023

54 by Touka »»
4 hours ago

» Why do you think MAL users don't read manga?

Nyron - Feb 7

25 by Herapath »»
10 hours ago

» Seinen vs Shounen

Faceless_Friend - Sep 7, 2021

36 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.