Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2020 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The main female lead a.k.a the Red Queen (which I'm gonna refer as that from now on) has finally gone to act her sortie with the ikemen EVOLvers, whilst Black Swan on the move in discreet fashion and the other EVOLvers losing control of their powers and going berserk more and more.

With that said, the plot is moving towards the standard-ish Otome Game setting, whilast keeping the standout of having the Red Queen be the center focus with the supporting ikemen EVOLs (which I'd feel is a good thing to distinct from the niche genre). Her Premonition EVOL power is used to good effect as well, at least she's got guts to act as needed.

The act with Simon/Lucien is only just the beginning of a long, drought battle for and against EVOLution, and he just happens to be part of the former equation. A life of rainbow or monochrome, what would Simon/Lucien's choice be to that effect...to change fate?

Zen's out-of-control EVOL landed him in the future...?

Raising the stakes this early can't be better said for the wait of the end.
Sep 9, 2020 11:15 AM

Jul 2020
OH SHIT SO VICTOR IS IN THE FUTURE NOW. Oh boy OH BOY we are DEFINITELY going to chapter 18 I'm sweating. I'm both nervous and excited at the same time.

Finally I got to see these game CGs in the anime! Even though the game is way more impactful, this was still a solid episode. I also liked how the anime distinctively portrays Lucien's and Ares' expressions, especially that part where MC runs out of the bush to let him "safely escape."

Lucien4everSep 9, 2020 12:42 PM
Sep 9, 2020 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
It seems the next episode will cover chapters 14 and 15, which means that the rest will cover up to chapter 18. I must say I am very excited and I hope that they will at least do this arc justice.

This episode was very badly done, transitions between scenes and emotions are way too short. As I expected her reaction to Lucien's betrayal was pretty cheap while the MC in the game was depressed for days. I still feel like I am watching badly animated acting.

Well at any case, I hope they won't skip the next big scene with Lucien, a.k.a. the press conference, and that they will portray the Inception like nature of the story that follows (Victor is already in the future, stay tuned).
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Sep 9, 2020 4:23 PM
Jul 2020
ooo i love me some greek gods.

At first I was like, Lucien is "Ares"??God of War?? haha that's a joke right, their personalities are so different. Ares is a bitch and Lucien is amazing.
Me after watching a little more.

wow.
Sep 9, 2020 6:31 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Venturing past where I am in game, and oh my god I was on the edge of my seat the entire time... Lucien...Simon... Ares. Shit that switch was genuinely terrifying. But also MC trusting him regardless... even though my personal instincts say bitch run. Even includes the shot of the SSR.

Definitely my favourite episode yet in terms of pacing and also the right amount of new information and also mystery (although the plot is pretty similar to Gavin's).

So was his heart pains from the radio waves, his love for her, the "jar" being broken, or him breaking the rules?

One thing's for sure, respect for the SEIYUU... for really throwing us into it all. (Art was a tad bit wonky in that fight scene, but dude I was too busy screeching..)
Sep 9, 2020 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
The title and visuals for the preview makes me think that Kira/Kiro = Kiraro might die. :(
臭い-
Sep 9, 2020 11:21 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Now the profesor guy had his turn down point for the girl. Damn, with the whole electromagnetic explanations. Because its just served as a nonsense. I even noticed the girl ability to predict the future seems useless, while the real deal happen later and no prediction about it. What a shame situations!

Despite that, the girl finally recognized the true personality behind the profesor guy, aka Lucien, aka Simon, aka Iris, aka Ares, previous kind hearted character. Was that ended up being a bad thing or not for the girl? I don't think so. Because why they needed to changed him drastically when the whole problem still hang in? I believed her role still in the same savior for the girl, in their certain scenes at the future. Lets see what event that led them into thats scenario, and the effect after seeing a changed of him.

The bonding moment was okay, nothing new happened. The whole sceneries of them kinda repetitive for me, and started to annoying me. Highlight notice when the expectable first met of him when he protected the girl from a dropped billboard. The clicheness was way too high that personally i can figured it out the result in a fast rate. Fortunately the end part when he revealed himself went far away from my first expectations, that led me into believed that the show still hold some good moment. Well, at this rate, i still don't know how they will ended up the mess. So, yeah, lets see the next bonding moment with another guy.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 10, 2020 5:43 AM

Jul 2012
Oof! Lucien is such an interesting character, I don't know what to make of him.

So Victor travelled through time?? Whaaat?? Gah, I can't wait to get to those chapters in the game!

And we get to see cinnamon roll Kiro next episode, I'm excited!

Lucien4ever said:
Finally I got to see these game CGs in the anime! Even though the game is way more impactful, this was still a solid episode. I also liked how the anime distinctively portrays Lucien's and Ares' expressions, especially that part where MC runs out of the bush to let him "safely escape."

I saw both of those scenes and I was like...

lol
Sep 10, 2020 7:29 PM

Mar 2018
I haven't gotten around to watching the episode yet, but based on my understanding of this episode and the preview for next episode, I'm kinda scared. Ok, a LOT scared. I was expecting next episode (which is adapting chapter 14) to be the last episode. I wish the anime would have taken the time to flesh out her relationship with the guys more, and would actually take its time and breathe a little--episode 7 & 8 especially, both just had a lot of the emotion and drama sucked out of them (like, the part with Gavin's powers going out of control just looked awkward (especially when they had him standing in that pose from the game) and anticlimactic. And the pacing is already pretty messed up. I'm PRAYING (Like, seriously hoping) that they don't go all the way up to chapter 18. Adapting 18 extremely detailed, emotional chapters into 12 twenty minute episodes is WAY too rushed. (Like, episode 8 was adapting chapter TWELVE. WHY.) Besides, if we have chapter 14 coming next episode, there's NO way they're gonna get through chapter 15 (THAT chapter with Gavin), chapter 16 (the chapter with that doctor(?), as well as development with Lucien), chapter 17 (the chapter with the first appearance of THAT character (I won't spoil it, but game-players, it's our favorite silver-haired edgelord!)), AND chapter 18 (the chapter with THAT Victor scene) in two episodes.

If I had to guess...they'll probably end with the end of chapter 15. Have that mission/action scene with Gavin, the big confrontation, and end the season. Have an epilogue scene show off the aftermath with Gavin and foreshadow the appearance of this character:
Dazel1412Sep 11, 2020 6:14 PM
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Sep 10, 2020 7:31 PM

Mar 2018
Bibimbapski said:
The title and visuals for the preview makes me think that Kira/Kiro = Kiraro might die. :(

Well...as a game player let me say that it's not exactly what you're thinking. But do prepare yourself. There's gonna be a lot of emotions/feels coming next episode.

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Sep 10, 2020 8:04 PM

Jul 2020
badabass said:
Now the profesor guy had his turn down point for the girl. Damn, with the whole electromagnetic explanations. Because its just served as a nonsense. I even noticed the girl ability to predict the future seems useless, while the real deal happen later and no prediction about it. What a shame situations!

Despite that, the girl finally recognized the true personality behind the profesor guy, aka Lucien, aka Simon, aka Iris, aka Ares, previous kind hearted character. Was that ended up being a bad thing or not for the girl? I don't think so. Because why they needed to changed him drastically when the whole problem still hang in? I believed her role still in the same savior for the girl, in their certain scenes at the future. Lets see what event that led them into thats scenario, and the effect after seeing a changed of him.

The bonding moment was okay, nothing new happened. The whole sceneries of them kinda repetitive for me, and started to annoying me. Highlight notice when the expectable first met of him when he protected the girl from a dropped billboard. The clicheness was way too high that personally i can figured it out the result in a fast rate. Fortunately the end part when he revealed himself went far away from my first expectations, that led me into believed that the show still hold some good moment. Well, at this rate, i still don't know how they will ended up the mess. So, yeah, lets see the next bonding moment with another guy.

The electromagnetic waves causes Evols going out of control is explained in-depth in the game (also way more interesting). This is how this episode played out in the game regarding the whole electromagnetic waves:

And this isn’t even all of it LOL (regarding how electromagnetic waves or this abundance of energy causes Evol to go havoc). Yea the anime is extremely rushed and it’s basically the CliffNotes or SparkNotes version of the story in the game.
Sep 10, 2020 8:16 PM

Jul 2020
Dazel1412 said:
I haven't gotten around to watching the episode yet, but based on my understanding of this episode and the preview for next episode, I'm kinda scared. Ok, a LOT scared. I was expecting next episode (which is adapting chapter 14) to be the last episode. I wish the anime would have taken the time to flesh out her relationship with the guys more, and would actually take its time and breathe a little--episode 7 & 9 especially, both just had the emotion and drama sucked out of them. And the pacing is already pretty messed up. I'm PRAYING (Like, seriously hoping) that they don't go all the way up to chapter 18. Adapting 18 extremely detailed, emotional chapters into 12 twenty minute episodes is WAY too rushed. (Like, episode 9 was adapting chapter TWELVE. WHY.) Besides, if we have chapter 14 coming next episode, there's NO way they're gonna get through chapter 15 (THAT chapter with Gavin), chapter 16 (the chapter with that doctor(?), as well as development with Lucien), chapter 17 (the chapter with the first appearance of THAT character (I won't spoil it, but game-players, it's our favorite silver-haired edgelord!)), AND chapter 18 (the chapter with THAT Victor scene) in two episodes.

If I had to guess...they'll probably end with the end of chapter 15. Have that mission/action scene with Gavin, the big confrontation, and end the season. Have an epilogue scene show off the aftermath with Gavin and foreshadow the appearance of this character:

Lol the anime is going to skip at least 90% of chapter 15 (if not all). Why? Because they already killed off Litton in the last episode and in that same episode, Gavin found out how corrupt Special Task Force is and confronted Commander Leto. Litton's son, Perry, played a big role in chapter 15 but seeing how quickly the anime scrapped Litton, we won't be seeing Perry in the anime. I think the anime will adapt chapter 18 because
Lucien4everSep 10, 2020 8:38 PM
Sep 11, 2020 5:59 PM

Mar 2018
Lucien4ever said:
Dazel1412 said:
I haven't gotten around to watching the episode yet, but based on my understanding of this episode and the preview for next episode, I'm kinda scared. Ok, a LOT scared. I was expecting next episode (which is adapting chapter 14) to be the last episode. I wish the anime would have taken the time to flesh out her relationship with the guys more, and would actually take its time and breathe a little--episode 7 & 9 especially, both just had the emotion and drama sucked out of them. And the pacing is already pretty messed up. I'm PRAYING (Like, seriously hoping) that they don't go all the way up to chapter 18. Adapting 18 extremely detailed, emotional chapters into 12 twenty minute episodes is WAY too rushed. (Like, episode 9 was adapting chapter TWELVE. WHY.) Besides, if we have chapter 14 coming next episode, there's NO way they're gonna get through chapter 15 (THAT chapter with Gavin), chapter 16 (the chapter with that doctor(?), as well as development with Lucien), chapter 17 (the chapter with the first appearance of THAT character (I won't spoil it, but game-players, it's our favorite silver-haired edgelord!)), AND chapter 18 (the chapter with THAT Victor scene) in two episodes.

Lol the anime is going to skip at least 90% of chapter 15 (if not all). Why? Because they already killed off Litton in the last episode and in that same episode, Gavin found out how corrupt Special Task Force is and confronted Commander Leto. Litton's son, Perry, played a big role in chapter 15 but seeing how quickly the anime scrapped Litton, we won't be seeing Perry in the anime. I think the anime will adapt chapter 18 because

Well I couldn't really remember what happened in chapter 15 except for the ending with MC and Gavin, I kinda forgot about Perry, lol.

My main problem is how rushed the pacing is. I can understand them cutting certain stuff that would seem useless and rearranging the order of events, but cutting out/changing important stuff (like the orphanage, as it helped build Lucien's character, essentially eliminating a big event in the future, where MC sees and is shocked by:
, etc.) is something I don't like. I feel like it would've been logical to have just a couple more episodes, it would've helped flesh out the characters and make for more emotional scenes (and that's not to say what they've done ISN'T emotional, but rather not as emotional as the game.). Why do they need to restrict themselves to a 12 episode (1-cour) anime? Where's the purpose? I think if they'd had 14, even 16 episodes, it would've flowed a lot better.

In short, I just don't like the pacing and how they're skipping a lot. Which is why I'm hoping it doesn't go to chapter 18. (Again, 18 insanely detailed and long chapters adapted into 288 minutes (12 episodes) worth of run time is REALLY rushed)

Dazel1412Sep 11, 2020 6:10 PM

Sep 12, 2020 2:33 PM

Apr 2015
Ok, so this episode was better than I expected in terms of adaptation if we consider that they butchered Gavin's last episode.

But the revelation was not as impactful as in the game. I don't know how to explain, but the game seems to convey the key scenes in a more meaningful way.

The animation is so plain. The characters sometimes look like sculptures and the action scenes are really bad.
Sep 13, 2020 12:12 PM

Apr 2018
So the MC finds out that Lucien is part of Blackswan and his name is Ares. Interesting episode.
Jan 8, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Kinda bad the reveal was obvious as the series hinted in earlier episodes of Lucien being part of Black swan making this plottwist kinda meh. Definitely would've otherwise suprised me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2020

91 by NaekoGetsu »»
Jun 24, 2023 12:02 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

45 by MacchiaStella »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.