Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2021 4:05 PM

Nov 2008
nidoqueen106 said:
another great season ^^
buuut i still feel Haias a damn idiot for not picking Inui

Why pick someone you don't love?

He'd be a damn idiot if he DID choose her while still head over heels for someone else....like that is the definition of 'idiocy' lol

Jan 27, 2021 2:28 PM

Apr 2016
While I liked this season overall, The stalker plotline feels really rushed, as does Retsuko's shut-in plotline, as while the first one really gets into gear in episode 9, the big moments of both are crammed at the end. This really needed another episode. Also, how did the stalker know to get the images Komiya took of Retsuko getting into her house. Perhaps he acosted him, but when? We should have seen that? How did Tsunoda know all the big details of the convo Fenneko had about Haida wussing out with Inui? You could say she just happened to overhear then but that's pretty contrived and we really should have seen maybe her interacting with Inui to get in on the situation before she barged into the convo with all her love knowledge. Feels like a lot of stuff was crammed and cut just to make this 10 episodes and not 11 or 12.

Also, Haida is a damn fool and it would have been more interesting for him to give up on Retsuko and choose Inui or decide he still needed more time to truly get over Retsuko before getting into a relationship. His death metal match with Retsuko was ok but the ending largely feels like they pushed a lot of the natural, down-to-earth character writing to the side in favor of dramatic and thematic climaxes, and largely returning things to the status quo...like with Retsuko quitting OTM. These last few episodes weren't bad but they really needed more room to breathe and have things feel less questionable. This was looking like it might even be better than S2 but the show did drop the ball towards the end. S1 is still the best tho, with these last two series taking the show in bigger, definitely less relatable and down-to-earth directions that sometimes make the great characters act a bit too wack. Plus, the endings have only been getting weaker every time.
Jan 27, 2021 5:46 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Haida finally mans up for the first time in the series and is able to get Retsuko out of her rut after being attacked. I do find it a damn shame that he gave up on Inui. She was more or less perfect. She was mature, kind, sincere, and cared about Haida's well being, which is why she gave him time to make his own decision. Even when she finally asked him his answer, she gave him a look when he was on the verge of saying "Inui", despite both of them knowing it's Retsuko he cares about. I suppose that was the whole reason for her character, to get Haida to move forward in his relationship with Restuko.

OVeerall, this was a big step up from the previous season. Both Retsuko and Haida got significant development, and there wasn't any annoying distractions that would put the plot on hold. This season felt focused is the best word I can describe.

I liked the idol storyline more than I thought, I honestly believed that's where Retsuko belonged. She hates her day job, loves to sing, and finally found something that was fulfilling for her. I could almost say it's counterintuitive to the purpose of the whole show for her to leave the group. I guess she'll have to find happiness elsewhere.

Fenniko and Tadano came up as a real pals to Haida, which was good development for them. And characters like Washimi showed Retsuko that she can rely on her friends a little more.

Overall, this was a very good season. Now I guess we'll see how Haida and Retsuko move forward from here.

8/10
Mar 9, 2021 10:22 AM
Apr 2019
Retsuko gained the power of self-respect
(If you get the reference ILY)
Apr 19, 2021 3:49 AM

Jul 2011
I really love this show. Can't wait for Season 4.
Apr 25, 2021 2:59 PM

May 2011
Feel bad for Inui, she was such a nice girl. But I guess in the end her function in the story was to give a Haida the push he needed.

The Karaoke scene was great. Haida's punk vs Retsuko death metal. Seeing them finally be "real" and honest with each other was great (even if Haida did already confess once...). Still, would prefer if they didn't get together and instead this finally helped Haida get over her. And Retsuko to be more open and honest and to pursue her own dreams instead of what other people push on her.

Also, Hyodo's true job revelation was hilarious. All the new characters were great this season, hope they stick around in some way at least.

Onwards to season 4!
JoeQApr 25, 2021 3:02 PM
May 18, 2021 11:55 AM
Jun 2020
Really loved the ending and the season as a whole. The scene where Haida saved Retsuko from the stalker was definitely my favorite. It was just mwah. Only issue with the episode is like, Haida, buddy, I know you're trying to make Retsuko feel safe and all, but like, maybe there's a better way to do that than confessing after she almost died... just a thought lol

Edit: also, forgot to mention this, but I do think Haida made the right decision between Inui (idk how to spell forgive me) and Retsuko. At first it did look like Inui would be better because they both seemed comfortable around each other, but as time went on and Haida was trying to choose between her and Retsuko, he evidently got less comfortable around her. He looked a lot more comfortable and into it when he was teaching Retsuko guitar than when Inui was over for dinner and watching him play the bass. He also seemed more into Retsuko being over than Inui being over. Sure he could've asked for more time to get over Retsuko, but in reality that might take awhile, considering he's been crushing on her for 5 years strong. It wouldn't be fair for either Inui or Haida in that situation imo. But yea, just my 2 cents.
Shad0w24May 18, 2021 12:23 PM
Jun 27, 2021 1:39 PM
Jun 2021
*Spoilers*
I just finished watching all 3 seasons on Netflix. I loved the feel-good vibe that I got off the show, I was surprised at the end though, I enjoyed the bold choice of the attempted murder. But honestly, I want Haida to move pass Retsuko, yes they would make an interesting couple, but I was hoping that Haida and Inui, I could well see them together with children, Inui bought a change to the show, with her calming energy, it makes her stand out more than the rest of the characters, in my opinion, she is my favourite character. I hope we get tp see more of Retsuko and her adventures soon (hopefully on Netflix) :)
Jul 28, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2011
I love Haida!! Man go him he's such a supportive person in Retsuko's life. I really hope they go into more of their relationship in the next season. Manaka is also a character the grew on me over time. The way she's so protective of Retsuko and being exactly who she is really made me fall for her. This was such a good season, I can't wait for the next!
desu desu binches
Aug 14, 2021 9:42 AM
Dec 2020
This was so good I can't wait for season 4
Aug 21, 2021 9:41 PM

Apr 2016
This was the worst episode of the season, Retsuko whole ordeal with the stalker got used just to set-up for more Haida "go for her!" moments, some dude tried to kill her for something she was enjoying How is possible we barely see her dealing with this? I guess the show doing the thing of they being a perfect match (how?) so Haida could finally (again?) confess to her because he clearly understood what she was going to  was the best narrative choice here but hey! They went to the karaoke! Ugh. Retsuko x Tadano was better than this but now it seems he ships them or at least think she deserves to be happy he is the only guy he knows that is close to Retsuko (lol).
Her giving up the idol life was going to happen sooner or later since this is a show based on a Sanrio character that monetise the struggle of being a office lady so there was no way the show was going to give Retsuko the chance to leave the job she hates just to be an idol but is weird how this episode make it seems like "yes Retsuko has been the perfect obedient girl all her life, she like to please others! but she has to let it go sometime as long as she not leave her job! Because then she wouldn't be happy!" Lol.
Going to miss Manaka, sorry Fenneko you have been surpassed as the best character on the other hand, this season made Haida the worst one. It was cute seeing Ton's daughters enjoying OTMGirls perfomance.
SafrichhAug 22, 2021 2:07 PM
Jul 22, 2022 9:35 AM

Oct 2015
So Retsuko decided to quit being an idol, I guess fame was too much for the panda. But Anyways, she made the best decision that would please her and that's great. Too bad her retirement fest was her first.

Haida deciding to love Retsuko instead of Inui was a bad move. Who're we to tell a guy who to love, it's pretty simple we love those that don't give attention to us. Discard those that love us. Cruel world, however it is what it is.

Good season, a bit of that made it a little glitchy. However, I enjoyed it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 15, 2023 7:35 PM
Oct 2020
For me the best season so far. The musical references were my favorite part- very clever. But I think the characters are also becoming more developed. I'm surprised by how much of an emotional response the story elicited in me, considering the animation style-which just speaks to the strength of the writing. I'm not mad at the ending either. It's actually a realistic approach to relationships and of course leaves it open for another season.
Feb 4, 2023 3:35 PM

Dec 2009
I'll watch to rewatch S4 to be certain, and maybe S5 as well,
but having now rewatched this for the second time, I think it deserves a 7/10 from my original 8/10 because of this "flawed" ending.

I'm a Haida supporter, but I love Inui, and even if it's realistic how people can simply care for another for whatever reason over the other,
the lack of reasoning to why is frustrating in how it all happens.

From grouping them together on the same day, and then realizing he'd pick Retsuko over Inui no matter what after he saves her from that stalker.
Then there's how Retsuko is still uncertain in life and quits being an idol.

While Haida is present and supportive but still never gets Retsuko's full attention as a romantic interest even at this point... Then there's S4...

I'll come back for my sake to break down each season's characters, plots, themes and messages.

It's all great and intriguing even if some plots are less diserable than others.
May 26, 2023 1:53 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
I still feel that haida better choice inui then retsuko, chosen wise inui is really like him and Suitable for him but well hope there's some development between retsu and haida in next season
Nov 27, 2023 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
I actually cried during the stabbing attempt omg cus then it became romantic all of a sudden

It was a good season for me
A bit depressing but it was great
8/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Shymander - Aug 27, 2020

11 by IridescentJaune »»
May 5, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Shymander - Aug 27, 2020

15 by Yanssen10 »»
May 1, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Shymander - Aug 27, 2020

10 by mattfrostii »»
Feb 16, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Shymander - Aug 27, 2020

12 by lihle808 »»
Jul 22, 2022 9:01 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Shymander - Aug 27, 2020

10 by lihle808 »»
Jul 22, 2022 8:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.