Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2020 10:23 AM

Aug 2009
Karnox001 said:
ssjokg said:

I feel like many source material fans,not just for Fate, think that an adaptation is supposed to replace the original for people that don't want to read the original.

That isn't true. That just cant happen.

As long as it is a good representation of the story there is no reason to make a fuss.

Yes, as long as is not like the fucking Studio Deen movie of UBW.
I trust Ufotable 110%, specially after having watched Kara no Kyoukai and the other two movies (and every other anime they have released so far lol).

Apparently you missed Gyo because that one is sooo bad..
Nov 23, 2020 10:27 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Karnox001 said:

Yes, as long as is not like the fucking Studio Deen movie of UBW.
I trust Ufotable 110%, specially after having watched Kara no Kyoukai and the other two movies (and every other anime they have released so far lol).

Apparently you missed Gyo because that one is sooo bad..

Sorry, you're right, I missed it.
I didn't even know that existed lol, wtf is that? xD

Edit: Oh, a Junji Ito manga adaptation, I understand why it may be so bad lol, Junji Ito is gore af
Karnox001Nov 23, 2020 10:30 AM
Nov 23, 2020 11:32 AM

May 2019
Karnox001 said:
Askaa said:

honestly i feel like some VN reader watch the movies just for nitpicking
for me when i watch any adaptation i try to always find the good things more than the bad things also you can tell that ufotable staff tried to make the movies as good as they can
its just like what @ssjokg said in another thread it isn't a 1:1 adaptation but they did a pretty damn good job

Of course. I think I saw you somewhere in youtube comments, there's so much cancer in some comment sections, specially the old videos about the VN. Just remember, there will always be salty people watching things to complain because they ruined the movie for themselves because of their own unrealistic expectations. Every complain I've read so far (I've read A LOT of them) are just nitpicks, nonsense, little details or just proof that they don't know how adaptations work. The most stupid things I've read are that there are no monologues and that the OST is not the same as the VN, Wtf? I mean, I already have the VN if I want monologues and details, I'm not watching the movies like they were a retelling or something, I want the practical execution of what I read in the VN (as long as the important things are explained and everything makes sense without the VN). The only thing I kind of understand is that there's no
, but again as long as they depicted or represented the point of it (which is that Shirou accepts his opponent and his motives, as they are both the same), I don't care if it's not there, the real difference would be that the VN is more blunt telling it while in the movie is more subtle.
Just don't listen to those people, all they want is to ruin your experience like they did for themselves, don't let them do that. Trust me, is not worth the time reading their complaints.

i totally agree with you
and yes i do go to the old VN videos in youtube and there is this one guy who is pretty damn annoying
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Nov 23, 2020 12:32 PM

Apr 2017
AmbiguousMonster said:
iSpade said:

that's pretty cool. how much did tickets cost though?

$27 AUD per person. Watching a movie in 4D is definitely something to only do once a year at most.
worth it though lol. glad you enjoyed the movie XD
Nov 23, 2020 10:54 PM
Jun 2020
can someone tell me why rider didn’t disappear at the end? also i had to leave immediately so i wasnt able to see the after credits scene and i would like to know what happened in it if there was one
Nov 24, 2020 2:25 AM

Aug 2009
sabersdoormat said:
can someone tell me why rider didn’t disappear at the end? also i had to leave immediately so i wasnt able to see the after credits scene and i would like to know what happened in it if there was one

Sakura still has large amounts of mana so Rider will be around for a while. Same way(actually makes more sense in HF) Saber was able to stay in UBW good ending.

I dont know if there was anything after credits.
Nov 24, 2020 5:43 AM

Jan 2019
rarewaifu said:
Karnox001 said:

Of course. I think I saw you somewhere in youtube comments, there's so much cancer in some comment sections, specially the old videos about the VN. Just remember, there will always be salty people watching things to complain because they ruined the movie for themselves because of their own unrealistic expectations. Every complain I've read so far (I've read A LOT of them) are just nitpicks, nonsense, little details or just proof that they don't know how adaptations work. The most stupid things I've read are that there are no monologues and that the OST is not the same as the VN, Wtf? I mean, I already have the VN if I want monologues and details, I'm not watching the movies like they were a retelling or something, I want the practical execution of what I read in the VN (as long as the important things are explained and everything makes sense without the VN). The only thing I kind of understand is that there's no
, but again as long as they depicted or represented the point of it (which is that Shirou accepts his opponent and his motives, as both of them are the same), I don't care if it's not there, the real difference would be that the VN is more blunt telling it while in the movie is more subtle.
Just don't listen to those people, all they want is to ruin your experience like they did for themselves, don't let them do that. Trust me, their complaints are not worth reading, it's a waste of time.
yeah all the "complaints" i seen so far are like 99% VN readers, everyone else seemed to really love the movie i mean just look at the MAL score rn not bad

"where is my monologues" is the usual argument but i mean theyre really not going to stuff everyone single one in a 2 hour movie, like u said the VN exists

seriously my only complaints would be the CGI for berserker looking a bit scuffed, the twirl Emiya did with Nine Lives, and a bit of the of kirei and emiya fight when the final attack comes and the camera switches to zouken, thats really it tbh everything else blew me away i got goosebumps throughout the entire movie

The two spins Shirou did (I'm going creative here, but this could really be the case) I think were done to elevate Nine Lives with Centripetal Force because it was already on the ground. I don't know how many people here understand physics, but basically Shirou spins and accelerates on the axis formed by his own body, so the weapon starts to elevate because of centripetal force trying to pull the weapon away from Shirou, and then when he has enough height he quickly and without hesitation uses it like a lance.
That's my take on it, and I can't look at it without thinking about that xD. If this was done on porpouse (I think it's the case because Ufo did similar things in the past), then the Storyboard is even better than already was.

Edit: I didn't know about that camera switch to Zouken. It may have been done to build tension for the end of the fight. I hope it's nothing too serious, that's used a lot in anime in general.
Karnox001Nov 24, 2020 7:35 AM
Nov 24, 2020 9:45 AM

Jan 2019
rarewaifu said:
Karnox001 said:

The two spins Shirou did (I'm going creative here, but this could really be the case) I think were done to elevate Nine Lives with Centripetal Force because it was already on the ground. I don't know how many people here understand physics, but basically Shirou spins and accelerates on the axis formed by his own body, so the weapon starts to elevate because of centripetal force trying to pull the weapon away from Shirou, and then when he has enough height he quickly and without hesitation uses it like a lance.
That's my take on it, and I can't look at it without thinking about that xD. If this was done on porpouse (I think it's the case because Ufo did similar things in the past), then the Storyboard is even better than already was.

Edit: I didn't know about that camera switch to Zouken. It may have been done to build tension for the end of the fight. I hope it's nothing too serious, that's used a lot in anime in general.
it definitely ruined the tension because right before the hit is when u get a bit of shirous thoughts on Kirei and just when they both slam there foot BOOM camera switch to Zouken reflecting his life a bit, it then switches over and Kirei just keels over done, def could of been handled better imo

Well, it's a pity, but like the meme says; it is what it is. I think it's ok, I'll have to see it (in 4 months :c).
Karnox001Dec 1, 2020 7:40 AM
Nov 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
Fitting that after seeing the first two movies in packed auditoriums at conventions for their Australian premieres, I'd get the cinema to myself for the last one.

I loved this movie a lot. I think Lost Butterfly was massively better than Presage Flower, but Spring Song was the best movie of the trilogy. I love how it really got into parts of the Fate lore that interest me most, and showed all the characters at their best. It was so exciting too, such an incredible climax to the whole Ufo Fate saga... unless they wanna adapt Fate. That would be cool.

Damn shame that Americans have to put their lives at risk for this experience. It's an awesome movie, more people should be allowed to see it in circumstances that aren't actively harmful to them and others around them.

7/10 for Presage Flower
8/10 for Lost Butterfly
9/10 for Spring Song
Nov 25, 2020 12:14 AM

Nov 2018
Karnox001 said:
rarewaifu said:
yeah all the "complaints" i seen so far are like 99% VN readers, everyone else seemed to really love the movie i mean just look at the MAL score rn not bad

"where is my monologues" is the usual argument but i mean theyre really not going to stuff everyone single one in a 2 hour movie, like u said the VN exists

seriously my only complaints would be the CGI for berserker looking a bit scuffed, the twirl Emiya did with Nine Lives, and a bit of the of kirei and emiya fight when the final attack comes and the camera switches to zouken, thats really it tbh everything else blew me away i got goosebumps throughout the entire movie

The problem I had with the 'spin' was not the spin itself, but the fact that Shirou was holding the sword the wrong way. He spins around like he's going to do a big slash, but he ends up stabbing him with it. It was a bit disconcerting.
Nov 25, 2020 2:05 AM

Aug 2009
vp787 said:
Karnox001 said:

The problem I had with the 'spin' was not the spin itself, but the fact that Shirou was holding the sword the wrong way. He spins around like he's going to do a big slash, but he ends up stabbing him with it. It was a bit disconcerting.

The problem VN fans have is that Heracles is supposed to be incredible fast even when most of his body is missing.
So Shirou doing a 3x spin while Herc is right in front of him looks stupid.

Personally I dont care that much. If people hadnt pointed it out I wouldnt have noticed.
Nov 25, 2020 2:54 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
vp787 said:

The problem VN fans have is that Heracles is supposed to be incredible fast even when most of his body is missing.
So Shirou doing a 3x spin while Herc is right in front of him looks stupid.

Personally I dont care that much. If people hadnt pointed it out I wouldnt have noticed.

I noticed that too, however I'm used to this kind of things in anime, so I didn't care about it, but yes I agree.

Edit: This is kinda off topic, but there's a misunderstanding with "even when most of his body is missing." , many people believe that NLBW destroyed 80% of his body because that's what the wiki says, but in the VN says "an eighth" so that's 12.5%. I mean 80% just sounds ridiculous, that means he would be missing everything but his head and chest lol. But I think this doesn't really matter because it seems like in the movie regens after the 8 strikes.
Karnox001Nov 25, 2020 3:15 AM
Nov 25, 2020 8:35 PM
Jun 2020
what happened to saber at the end of the film? ik that she got stabbed as salter and she sunk back into the black goo, but i saw in the trailer that she was back to normal even though i didnt see that in the movie? was it in the after credits??
Nov 26, 2020 12:21 AM
Jun 2017
love this final part of the movie. as expected great animation and visuals by the said movie...

Nov 26, 2020 3:37 AM

Aug 2009
sabersdoormat said:
what happened to saber at the end of the film? ik that she got stabbed as salter and she sunk back into the black goo, but i saw in the trailer that she was back to normal even though i didnt see that in the movie? was it in the after credits??

Which trailer?

If you mean the last one before the release then it is the scene outside the Church from the first movie.
Nov 26, 2020 12:23 PM
Jun 2020
ssjokg said:
sabersdoormat said:

Which trailer?

If you mean the last one before the release then it is the scene outside the Church from the first movie.

ohhhh omg okay thank you i was so confused, good to know i didnt miss anything
Nov 27, 2020 5:43 AM

Jan 2020
Just came home after watching it here in Indonesia, i lied to my parents that I have course until 6 , when actually I only learned until 3PM and went to cinema later

Damn , the Salter vs Rider animation beat almost every battle scenes ever made , although the best moments would be Rin - Sakura reconciliation and Shirou vs Kirei final battle . 10/10 as anime only
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Nov 29, 2020 11:42 PM

Apr 2012
MarcusTrench said:
Just came home after watching it here in Indonesia, i lied to my parents that I have course until 6 , when actually I only learned until 3PM and went to cinema later

Damn , the Salter vs Rider animation beat almost every battle scenes ever made , although the best moments would be Rin - Sakura reconciliation and Shirou vs Kirei final battle . 10/10 as anime only

Don't tell me you watch it at GI

anyway I agree about Salter vs Rider part... had me on the edge of my seat
Nov 30, 2020 1:34 AM
Oct 2020
MarcusTrench said:

I can definitely agree to that!
TypeMercury94Nov 30, 2020 1:58 AM
Nov 30, 2020 4:43 AM

Jan 2020
Suntears said:

Don't tell me you watch it at GI

anyway I agree about Salter vs Rider part... had me on the edge of my seat

Nah , GI were too expensive , i don't get much pocket money in 2020 , i collected the money for the ticket from my Return fare from school or Tutoring to home , i lied to my parent that I took gojek , but instead I took angkot . I got approximately Rp11k profit by doing that lmao
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Dec 1, 2020 3:37 AM

May 2020
How to make a masterpiece: ufotable edition
Dec 2, 2020 12:30 AM

Jul 2014
It was OK. The fights looked decent but the entire trilogy just felt it was missing so much to it, which is to be expected when adapting a route of that length in to only 3 films.
The truth is best told straight.
Dec 4, 2020 7:45 PM
Mar 2012
So Shiro's projected the main items seen from other routes:
Nine lives sword vs Berserker to protect Illya. Too short a fight but Shiro's arm awakening with that mad ost was hot.
Rho Aias to block Saber's excalibur & shield Rider. Rider vs Saber the most insane brawl comparable to Salter in HF2, and that pegasus finisher.
Rule Breaker vs Sakura to unbind Avenger/Angra Maiynu from her. I thought only Caster could wield it and Shiro really surprised me there.

Rin vs Sakura perhaps the easiest to follow & smooth action. Missed the Tron legs glad to see it flexing here. Rin using Zelretch's unlimited mana blade feels like cheat lol. Since they were kids till now, Rin always let imouto win, what a good oneesan. Yes mages are supposed to discard empathy, but why Rin taunts her then let Sakura win? Is it to show Sakura still got family that cares?

Kirei vs Assassin/Zouken. Good but strange how oldman 'dies' like 3 times just in HF3. Ironic reveal that Kirei's "heartless" lol. I miss his wolverine claws tho.

Shiro vs Kirei fistfight quite brutal. No tricks, just pure manliness. Callback to HF2 Kirei talked of ethics & his lord with Goldie. Amusing that Kirei's anti-abortion on grounds of blank slate theory, and calls out the similarity in Sakura vs unborn Avenger. While Shiro is pro-abortion due to the nature of Angra Maiynu, and accepts his own hypocrisy.

There's some nice attention to details & callbacks to other routes. HF2 showed Sakura's 6 shadowdolls kicked one out, probably the 7 heroic spirits her vessel was meant to absorb. The 7th doll avoided fighting Rin & formed Sakura's cloth later, kinda hinting at her remaining sanity. Sakura reacted to Zelretch's name same way as Shiro did in HF2 felt pretty funny.

Illya goes on a big infodump. Zelretch overseer of 3 main families (hinted in HF2). Tohsaka looks like old Waver lol, Makiri like Shinji, & Einzbern like Irisviel/Justeaze. Vaguely the 3 families handle magic circle for HGW, command spells, & third magic/grail.

Illya closing the HG gate an unfortunate end but seemed unavoidable as her Einzbern role. I like the relationship switch & contrast when Illya becomes the oneesan protecting Shiro. At least Illya got better screentime in HF3.

lol Rider + glasses in casuals? mystic code, the birdcage, night city, & soul magic callback to El Melloi. Wait Shiro's revived as a puppet with his soul!? Kirei pronounced Shiro the HGW winner, so likely Illya materialized his soul via 3rd Magic as his wish. Lots of questions remain like backstory of Kirei's lover, Angra Maiynu story (sounded like Jesus when Illya abridged him). Overall feel film 1 was leisurely, 2 perfect pacing, & 3 a bit rushed with the grail info.
Dec 6, 2020 12:11 PM

Sep 2013
Finally, I have brief moment to review this.
I have no idea what my expectations were going into this, but I left pretty damn satisfied. This is a great movie. Rewatched 1 and 2 just before seeing this one, and all 3 work great together. I know some people were down on the first one, and others had issues with the second, but I think of all three as one giant movie (cuz duh, that is what the VN route is). In that light, each film did exactly what it needed to, and are more or less on the same level.

The core of the film remains Sakura (and rightfully so, I suppose). She continues to be the top priority, but there is a bit more of a compromise for other characters - though maybe still not enough. For other favourites in HF (Illya, Rider, Kirei), I feel like they get *just enough* attention. Just.
The biggest issues I had with this movie is the middle portion of the film (after the part at Illya's Castle) where the plot seems to meander . They go from place to place doing one thing after another to prepare for the final fight, but it never feels like there's any active decision-making or strategizing. It seems like they all have inertia, and are just going through the motions of the VN without any real agency.

Also, people who haven't read the VN will have trouble picking up on what's happening. I saw this movie with my gf (who has had only limited exposure to the Fate series), and she thought

But to anyone who earned a degree in Fate Studies, you will probably agree that this is the best FSN adaptation we have - and arguably the best Type Moon adaptation full stop (though there is a lot better competition for that). I don't really need to talk about the fights, animation, music, etc. You already know that's all great - it's a given at this point (the Aimer song at the end was particularly beautiful).

9/10 For both this movie and the trilogy as a whole
MickdrewDec 6, 2020 1:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2020 4:10 PM

Jan 2011
so i few thoughts about the movie
once again top tier visuals, nothing new there an at this point they dont particularly amaze me anymore

movie was entertaining an propabably the better one of the trilogy, it was the first time that i thought that both Shirou an Rin were kinda cool characters, never thought that before as i used to consider them as a couple of annoying stereotypes

that being said there are problems, Servants are pretty much useless in these movies, clearly they are not the focus anymore (an Gil ended up being a jobber)an after watching the 3 adaptations i dont get the hype behind most of these characters (particularly Lancer who i assume is just a meme character), their fights are cool but theres no weight behind them an you barelly get to know what is the objective of these Servants anyway

so clearly the focus is Shirou, Rin (who once again i thought were kinda cool for a change), Sakura who i was surprised isnt an annoying yandere character like i was expecting, that being said she didnt strike me as final boss material an then theres Kirei a character who needed more background info, yeah you can tell he is a villain by just looking at him but still a small flashback d ve helped

the story was entertaining an had better pacing compared to the previous 2 but it requires you to have watched UBW a series that wasnt even good to begin with in order to understand some stuff an i think that could ve been avoided, i was particularly interested in the reveal of an Avenger class, only for it being ignored in the end :/

overall entertaining movie, id say a 7/10
silversaintDec 15, 2020 4:14 PM
Dec 15, 2020 4:53 PM

Nov 2008
Well....

That was a pretty kickass movie.

What I liked: DEM BATTLES. The animation. The music...of course. And usual slew of characters.

What I loved: Most of the above but Illiya seeing her mother tops it all ;________; I loved her scenes with Shirou too

What I didn't love: Shirou and Sakura's romance. It just didn't sell me.....uh...they're boring. Just my opinion. Don't kill me. xD Chemistry is soooooo "meh".

Saber the Best girl getting axed. :(

Something I found ridiculous:

How ret*rded! xD I can't be the only one who laughed at that....can I?

Dec 15, 2020 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
Chiibi said:

i did find that unintentionally funny NGL, i assume that came outta anime obsession that the main heroine is supposed to be pure an such
Dec 16, 2020 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
Chiibi said:
Well....

That was a pretty kickass movie.

What I liked: DEM BATTLES. The animation. The music...of course. And usual slew of characters.

What I loved: Most of the above but Illiya seeing her mother tops it all ;________; I loved her scenes with Shirou too

What I didn't love: Shirou and Sakura's romance. It just didn't sell me.....uh...they're boring. Just my opinion. Don't kill me. xD Chemistry is soooooo "meh".

Saber the Best girl getting axed. :(

silversaint said:
Chiibi said:

i did find that unintentionally funny NGL, i assume that came outta anime obsession that the main heroine is supposed to be pure an such

Imagine reducing the psychological trauma and low self esteem of victims of domestic and sexual abuse(of crazy levels) to just anime tropes.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Dec 16, 2020 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
@ssjokg

I understand her feeling upset about Shinji raping her but....

but the BUGS.....

I don't think bugs should count....but anyway yeah, Japan's so obsessed with "pure virgins" so it's really more about that.

bugs though.

Dec 16, 2020 9:16 AM

Aug 2009
Chiibi said:
@ssjokg

I understand her feeling upset about Shinji raping her but....

but the BUGS.....

I don't think bugs should count....but anyway yeah, Japan's so obsessed with "pure virgins" so it's really more about that.

bugs though.

Pretty sure that bugs and worms(that are actually Zouken) raping her since she was 5 is a lot worse than Shinji.

She wasn't even treated as a human being. This is a lot worse than just rape.
Dec 16, 2020 9:40 AM

Nov 2008
True...but I think the scene would have worked much better if she told him about Shinji violating her instead of the bugs....I mean, I would not have laughed at that.

Dec 16, 2020 10:24 AM

Jan 2019
Chiibi said:
True...but I think the scene would have worked much better if she told him about Shinji violating her instead of the bugs....I mean, I would not have laughed at that.

Sakura clearly doesn't want to do that. For example in HF2 she panicked and literally became Dark Sakura when Shinji told her that he was going to tell Shirou about him raping her. So I would not change anything at all.

Edit: Being raped by weird worms is way more traumatizing than being raped by another human, that's for sure.
Karnox001Dec 16, 2020 10:35 AM
Dec 16, 2020 10:55 AM

Aug 2009
Chiibi said:

You should have realized that she doesn't even care if she is violated by Shinji. At the end of HF2 she fought back only after he said he would tell Shirou.

Sakura being disgusted at her own body because it was both violated by worms AND was basically a nest for them for a decade is far more logiacal.

There was nothing Shinji could do to her that it was worse than that.
Dec 16, 2020 11:34 AM

May 2015
silversaint said:

the story was entertaining an had better pacing compared to the previous 2 but it requires you to have watched UBW a series that wasnt even good to begin with in order to understand some stuff an i think that could ve been avoided, i was particularly interested in the reveal of an Avenger class, only for it being ignored in the end :/

overall entertaining movie, id say a 7/10

Heavens Feel isn't a standalone. Neither is UBW. There is no way to avoid it.This is what VN fans were saying years ago when UBW was still airing. New people complained about how "so and so wasn't brought up". Fate/Stay Night is a meta narrative. Heavens Feel can only ever be as good as it can be because you understand what's being lost/gained.

Dec 19, 2020 11:10 PM

Apr 2018
anyway, where did archer go ? i didn't pay attention in early minute of the movie.
Dec 20, 2020 3:24 AM

Aug 2009
StaRekzquitzer said:
anyway, where did archer go ? i didn't pay attention in early minute of the movie.
You mean the guy that died in the middle of the second movie and had his arm given to Shirou to save his life?
Dec 21, 2020 8:12 PM

Apr 2018
ssjokg said:
StaRekzquitzer said:
You mean the guy that died in the middle of the second movie and had his arm given to Shirou to save his life?
i don't sense he died at 2nd movie tho
Dec 22, 2020 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
StaRekzquitzer said:
ssjokg said:
i don't sense he died at 2nd movie tho

So you ignore both what Archer and Rider said?
Dec 22, 2020 5:04 AM
Dec 2020
did they nerf the Shadows too much in this movie? or that zeltreich sword is really that powerful that the Shadows didn't stand any chance? if so, ain't Rin the most powerful character in Heaven's Feel? how powerful is that sword compare to other noble phantasm? i mean look at how the shadow bossing around in part 1 & 2, those blast the shadow made in there might even as powerful as the excalibur, but it getting owned by zeltreich sword like silly.
Dec 22, 2020 5:17 AM

Aug 2009
Raiser00QanT said:
did they nerf the Shadows too much in this movie? or that zeltreich sword is really that powerful that the Shadows didn't stand any chance? if so, ain't Rin the most powerful character in Heaven's Feel? how powerful is that sword compare to other noble phantasm? i mean look at how the shadow bossing around in part 1 & 2, those blast the shadow made in there might even as powerful as the excalibur, but it getting owned by zeltreich sword like silly.

The Shadows that Sakura is using against Rin arent the same thing we saw in 1 and 2. That's Sakura herself now.

But that aside, the shadows Sakura is using is just concentration of mana and Rin is countering them with the same thing.
The Shadow never faced such thing in 1 and 2. Lancer was eaten after Hassan eat his heart, Medea was eaten while she was a corpse manipulated by Zouken and Saber was absorbed while she was fighting Hassan. Even most of Archer's injuries were caused because he had to protect the others. And finally Gil miscalculated how much Sakura and the Shadow had merged.

And no Rin isnt the strongest in HF. That still goes to Gilgamesh because of his arsenal and Saber Alter because of her damage output.
Dec 22, 2020 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
Hi. @Karnox001. You have blocked messages from non friends and disabled your profile comments so I will post it here.

There is no official explanation for this. Evert hying is just theories based on info we have and the most prominent one is that Heracles didnt have God Hand.

1)His injuries from Saber Alter and the ones he inflicted on himself are still there even tho about 3 days had passed.
2)The mud is covering his whole body and he basically has lost all senses except the ability to sense magical energy.
3)A Projection of a huge rock that is no Noble Phantasm and has no rank was able to hurt him.
And a Rank A+ projection/technique would fall to B+. The modifiers arent different ranks.

So the question is why doesnt he have God Hand. Best guess is that this is the reason why the mud is covering him. Without it Heracles could possibly regenerate and fight against Sakura. Unlike with Saber Alter he was still Ilya's Servant. So basically the mud is blocking God Had.

The eyes glowing isnt really connected to his regeneration. They glow when he is mad as well and in the VN his body didnt regenerate.Could be wrong about that since the camrip I saw quite bad and he didnt seem that wounded in the first place.
Heracles also has Battle Continuation so he can still move for a last blow with that.

Dec 22, 2020 7:33 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:
Hi. @Karnox001. You have blocked messages from non friends and disabled your profile comments so I will post it here.

There is no official explanation for this. Evert hying is just theories based on info we have and the most prominent one is that Heracles didnt have God Hand.

1)His injuries from Saber Alter and the ones he inflicted on himself are still there even tho about 3 days had passed.
2)The mud is covering his whole body and he basically has lost all senses except the ability to sense magical energy.
3)A Projection of a huge rock that is no Noble Phantasm and has no rank was able to hurt him.
And a Rank A+ projection/technique would fall to B+. The modifiers arent different ranks.

So the question is why doesnt he have God Hand. Best guess is that this is the reason why the mud is covering him. Without it Heracles could possibly regenerate and fight against Sakura. Unlike with Saber Alter he was still Ilya's Servant. So basically the mud is blocking God Had.

The eyes glowing isnt really connected to his regeneration. They glow when he is mad as well and in the VN his body didnt regenerate.Could be wrong about that since the camrip I saw quite bad and he didnt seem that wounded in the first place.
Heracles also has Battle Continuation so he can still move for a last blow with that.

I realized about the blocked messages too late, sorry for that.

So the mud covering his body blocks his God Hand, senses and the little reasoning he had left so he can be controlled by Sakura? Makes sense I guess, and the Illya part too. Since there's no "Dark Berserker" slot in the status window in the VN, makes sense that he's still Illya's servant while Sakura is controlling him.

Your third point also makes sense, since the sword is the stone of his tomb, not an actual NP, having no rank makes sense, I forgot that the rank was the Nine Lives technique and not the weapon itself lol. The projection of the Nine Lives technique would still degrade the technique I guess.

About my speculated revive, I will have to wait and see it. In fact... @Emblemz you've seen the movie, did Berserker revive or not right after the 8 strikes???

ssjokg said:

And a Rank A+ projection/technique would fall to B+. The modifiers aren't different ranks.

And lastly, if this is correct, this means that Fate route Caliburn was not degraded, because it would be B+, unable to hurt Berserker. Although the wiki says the only exception to the degradation is Avalon, I think it's wrong, because the Caliburn Shirou projected was made out of Saber's memories, so this is certainly a special case too.

Anyway thank you for the answer, you actually clarified a lot of things for me. Now I'll have to wait for the HF3 booklet translation to see if there's any extra info about it.
Karnox001Dec 22, 2020 10:00 AM
Dec 22, 2020 8:38 AM

Aug 2009

Well Heracles isn't really controlled by Sakura. She just points him at a direction and he just rampages. We can argue with the definition of "controlled" but anyway...

Caliburn is tricky. It is raised to rank A if a King is wielding it but Shirou was able to hurt Berserker before Saber touched it.
This is pretty much fanon but maybe Caliburn recognized him as Artoria because of Avalon!? It isnt its seath but her mana is flowing into it and Shirou.

Unlike NLBW this is very hard to find a satisfying answer.
Dec 22, 2020 9:16 AM

Jan 2019
ssjokg said:

Well Heracles isn't really controlled by Sakura. She just points him at a direction and he just rampages. We can argue with the definition of "controlled" but anyway...

Ok, so we could say that Sakura releases Dark Berserker as a mad dog and he just rampages towards any magical energy he senses, aside when he notices Illya's magical energy and stops at the end of NLBW. This would be more accurate I think.
ssjokg said:

Caliburn is tricky. It is raised to rank A if a King is wielding it but Shirou was able to hurt Berserker before Saber touched it.
This is pretty much fanon but maybe Caliburn recognized him as Artoria because of Avalon!? It isnt its seath but her mana is flowing into it and Shirou.

Unlike NLBW this is very hard to find a satisfying answer.

So, two things are 100% clear, the projected Caliburn is at least rank A even when Shirou uses the first one he projected, and it also doesn't suffer degradation, otherwise that fight is broken lorewise lmfao. This is why Nasu should go on with his idea of rewriting Fate route lol.
Karnox001Jan 28, 2021 2:38 PM
Jan 10, 2021 3:57 AM

Nov 2016
this was my favorite fate route and now I think is definitely my favorite fate series, the animation like in the 1st and 2nd is incredible, as for the plot and script if you are not familiar with the other routes or extended universe it might seem confusing since its filled with a lot of fate universe lore and information that it's difficult to follow or understand unless you are familiar with fate/zero and at least 1 fate route.
Jan 10, 2021 4:29 PM

Mar 2019
who spammed " Hated it" and why?
Jan 10, 2021 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
leonida99 said:
who spammed " Hated it" and why?

Some hoes are mad. Let them be.
Jan 20, 2021 3:56 PM

Jan 2021
My favorite part was that 3 second scene of the back of Touko's head lmao
Jan 21, 2021 2:16 AM
Sep 2020
ArisatoP3 said:

so the producers are intended to make a crossover fate x knk?
i'm a bit disappointed with the conclusion that the present shirou's body is actually a puppet, and it was from an "unknown yet" character in fate. and its scene goes in couple seconds

if i dont read explanation on this forum about touko maybe i'll be lost lol
oshmkufahsa2010Jan 21, 2021 7:16 AM
Jan 21, 2021 5:39 AM

Aug 2009
oshmkufahsa2010 said:
ArisatoP3 said:

so the producers are intended to make a crossover fate x knk?
i'm a bit disappointed with the conclusion that the present shirou's body is actually a puppet, and it was from an "unknown yet" character in fate. and its scene goes in couple seconds

if i dont read explanation on this forum about touka maybe i'll be lost lol

The "crossover" always existed. The VN only calls her "a famous puppet master that is on the run", she is never named, but if you have watched KnK you know who that is and how
indistinguishable her puppets are from real bodies.

Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do this whole movie happens in alternate timeline ? anyone could do explain breifly

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 28

9 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 31, 11:11 AM

» I liked all of it but didn't understand the ending

Beauty123 - Apr 8, 2021

14 by Mugiwarayaa___ »»
Mar 29, 4:46 AM

» Do you hate Sakura?

Stacias - Jul 20, 2022

46 by LANARp-0470 »»
Mar 16, 5:42 AM

Poll: » How do you feel about sakura? ( 1 2 )

Clar_00 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 14, 8:33 AM

» Is fate series completed?

Yeshwanth_18 - Mar 31, 2021

33 by Alexioos95 »»
Feb 8, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.