Forum Settings
Forums

What anime are you unable to get into, no matter how hard you try?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 9, 2020 9:26 PM

Feb 2017
arya3481 said:
honestly. JoJo's bizzare adventure. I've heard so much about it but I just can't get into it

Don't waste your time watching it. It is boring, cringey and unfunny... Trust me.
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jul 9, 2020 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
of the ones that would normally be right up my alley, there is really only one and that is Attack on Titan - I laughed so much when I first saw the titans, the mood was ruined and the characters and general plot didn't hook me after that, dragged myself thru 5 eps before dropping it

obviously I won't ever get into any of the popular CGDCT and school/romcoms cause I have a severe dislike for that genre

or any tearjerkers like Violet Evergarden, no matter how pretty something is, I don't do forced sad
Jul 9, 2020 10:28 PM
Jul 2019
Hyouka and Steins gate. I thought hyouka was hella boring and there was nothing about steins gate that made me want to keep watching. And it annoys the hell out of me cause I really wanted to like those shows, but I just dont
Jul 9, 2020 10:34 PM

Apr 2014
Suzumiya Haruhi and Chuunibyou. My friends liked them but Idk why I cant even enjoy them..
Signature of three years-or-so was removed

here's my new one

Thank you and have a nice day, everyone.
Jul 9, 2020 10:38 PM
Jun 2020
Clannad: The show has no redeeming qualities, I have no idea why anyone would like it.

Nana: It's actually really good. The characters are interesting, the story is good, the music is good, and I think it gets the praise that it deserves, but for whatever reason I just can't get into it. I can't sit down and finish the show no matter how hard I try.

FMAB: I tried watching it multiple times, and while I get why people like it, I never was able to make it past the 2nd or third episode. I guess it's just not my cup of tea.
Jul 9, 2020 10:43 PM
Jul 2020
i love the characters but i just can’t seem to get into death note. i’m in a little more then half way through and i just found it boring.
Jul 10, 2020 2:04 AM

Apr 2019
AnimaExZero said:
-Kimetsu no Yaiba: It didn't made me hate it after it became so popular. Has a nice art style and has a generous amount of gore... But I don't feel that I have a motivation to watch it...

To be honest, I felt the same way. Not because it was popular. I still watched the whole thing though, and I kind of regret it.
my life was made with mematic.
Jul 10, 2020 2:17 AM

Oct 2010
Hunter x Hunter. I enjoyed a lot yuyu hakusho but man, what a downgrade from yuusuke to gon and all the characters. I saw some random episodes and some fights but it looks boring, that certain character death is lame. Togashi lost his marbles after yuyu hakusho, in fact the whole sensui arc and all those 4 gods arc was awuful.
I am not saying it's bad, I am saying it doesn't suit my taste.
Jul 10, 2020 2:23 AM

Jul 2019
The Monogatari Series. That show is for real so boring. I dropped it like five times already but each time I picked it back up because the memes, the girls, and how people keep praising this boring bullshit
Jul 10, 2020 2:26 AM

Jul 2019
AnimaExZero said:
arya3481 said:
honestly. JoJo's bizzare adventure. I've heard so much about it but I just can't get into it

Don't waste your time watching it. It is boring, cringey and unfunny... Trust me.

Plus 2. I don't get how people enjoy that anime
Jul 10, 2020 2:27 AM

Mar 2017
Naruto. It was the first anime and manga I got into. While I was somehow able to finish manga I just couldn´t finish anime. It was very much a suffering for me since I find it boring and the cast very unlikable.
Jul 10, 2020 2:39 AM

Nov 2019
Kaguya-sama, The Tatami galaxy and Noragami

I'm not lying.
                    I'd never lie.....
                    Perhaps
Jul 10, 2020 2:39 AM
Apr 2017
One piece - I've heard it praised so many times yet every time I look at it, I'm so repulsed that nah,I think I'll never bother. it having 10.000 episodes also doesn't help.

Mahoutsukai no yome - I watched 7-8 episodes but I just couldn't go on. Couldn't at all. There are nice things such as the visuals, the soundtrack and general lore and setting. And then there's the characters, which are deadly boring or even worse, royally annoying. I couldn't stand another minute of Chise whining about her past and how cruel and sad it was...I just had to give up. I keep telling myself to finish watching it but I don't know that the day will ever come.

Cop craft - on hold since episode 5 or so...I really like this sort of cop thing and while the animation could be abysmal, it was interesting. It just...heh, I don't know, I just left it for a while because I couldn't be arsed and I still can't.

Bunny senpai - watched the first 4 episodes and between both characters being extremely unlikable (to me, clearly) and so many people saying that it's basically like monogatari (which makes me wonder what they're smoking, given how bland AF this crap was compared to any monogatari series), I don't think I'll ever finish it. Can't say I'm broken over it.

Enen no shoubutai - what can I say, I thought at the beginning it would be something more centered around the supernatural than anything else...but at ep 7 or 8, when it had become blazingly clear that it was just another shounen through and through...heh, lost almost all interest.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 10, 2020 2:53 AM

Aug 2019
Clannad and Clannad After Story. unattractive and undeveloped characters. forced drama. supernatural parts are not executed properly.

Clannad tries it best to be realistic. Especially in the arc after graduation. But the impression it left was artificial.
Jul 10, 2020 3:26 AM

Mar 2020
Well Magi.
I've tried watching it at least 3 times, the furthest I got was ep 12. It's so damn boring.

I'm struggling with Jojo right now. I'm at ep 3 of Part 1 and it's just so bad, but I saw people saying part 1 is bad and part 2 will be great but I'm not the type who watches something I don't enjoy. I usually drop these type of animes at ep 1/2/3 and move on. But now I'm trying hard with this because I've seen some funny parts and wanna get there.

Gintama was like this too for me, tried watching it and always stopped at the beginning, but then I pushed through and now it's my favourite anime.

I attempted to watch Ao no Excorcist more than once too, and always stopped after ep 1 or 2. Still trying...
Same for Durarara. But I gave up on that.

D-Gray Man: first stopped after ep 1, then got to ep 5 and stopped. It's so boring. My friend recommended it so I was trying but...

There is a lot more.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Jul 10, 2020 3:49 AM

Sep 2017
My hero academia, I don't like the main character d-_____-b
Black clover, I have seen a few eps but the plot seem very easy, on the whole it's boring to me
Jul 10, 2020 5:32 AM

Jan 2020
I guess i feel that way about the three shows i'm currently watching.
Shinsekai Yori - Very interesting premise, but i'm finding it difficult to get myself invested in it or care about any of the characters.
Nana - I love the dynamic between the two main characters, but most of the other characters i either dislike or just don't care about.
Gintama - I'm around episode 220 by now, and while it has had some great moments that has kept me invested in the world and characters, the majority of the comedy episodes feel like a complete drag that either rely on obscure knowledge of Japanese culture, or sometimes just toilet humor, the latter of which i dislike. Not to say i don't enjoy all the comedy episodes, because there are some that have genuinely made me laugh, but those are the minority.

๐˜๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐™™๐™ž๐™›๐™›๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ - ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ

Jul 10, 2020 5:42 AM
Jul 2018
Durarara, I plan to come back to it though and try again.
Jul 10, 2020 5:48 AM

Aug 2018
Gabriel Dropout. I don't know why I don't like the show, I've gotten a few episodes in and stopped right after three times. Comedy/SoL are my favourite genres, but I could never bring myself to watch this one entirely.
Jul 10, 2020 5:55 AM

May 2020
For me its Gintama, its famous and one of the top animes so i tried to watch it 3-4 times but i was bored to death (the comedy is so silly and childish) , there's no sense in any of the episodes of Gintama.
My MALoweenโœŸMansion 2022 Candies :
Jul 10, 2020 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
1. Overlord all seasons
2. Vinland Saga
removed-userApr 3, 2021 3:47 PM
Jul 10, 2020 6:13 AM

Apr 2019
RanpyoneS said:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Tatami Galaxy, Shinsekai Yori, Texnolyze, Lain, Ergo Proxy. They are just too boring and mechanical for me to give a crap.

Literally all of those shows are so highly praised by the few people who watch it. Maybe it's an acquired taste? That being said, the only one I've seen out of those is Lain and even then I couldn't get past episode 3.

I would also add Aria to that list.
Jul 10, 2020 7:16 AM

Feb 2020
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: I can't stand Dio.
The Rising of the Shield Hero: For odd reasons I found it boring afte the nine first episodes.
The second season of One Punch Man: Same reasons, I found it boring even if I loved the first season.
Attack on Titan : the whole logic of the concept bothers me, haha. I don't know why but there are too many questions from the beginning for me to get into it.
Vinland Saga: I never saw the whole begin, to be honest, because I found it boring. I've only seen the last episodes and I loved them, haha.
Actually there are a looot of them.
Jul 10, 2020 7:18 AM
Jan 2020
free season 2, i just can't make myself watch it
Jul 10, 2020 8:24 AM

Dec 2019
Sadly, I haven't been able to really get into Cowboy Bebop. I really want to get into it sooo bad! Everyone just loves it so much and its also such a classic. I just... don't know... it doesn't really get me hyped up or excited for the next episode in any way. I have put it on hold as of now(7 episodes in) but I will definitely not drop it.

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

Jul 10, 2020 8:26 AM

Oct 2019
Re:Zero and Your Name are shows that are so highly praised that I so desperately tried to get into and research into why people thought of them so highly. I kind of got my answers, but it was just one of those things that I realised that I didn't quite get. I still kind of enjoyed them (mostly Your Name), but I definetely would probably never rewatch them for enjoyment
Jul 10, 2020 8:27 AM

Dec 2019
niconiconeeee said:
free season 2, i just can't make myself watch it

OMG do watch it!! Its the best season in the series! Its very worth it. But, I'm probably just hyping it up too much, being a fujoshi. *wink wink*

I just love MakuHaru soooooo much!!

But the second season is more than just that. It is relatable in a way and addresses the real confusion people have regarding their futures. Do watch it if you have the time.

- @marinara-sauce

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

Jul 10, 2020 8:31 AM

Dec 2019
BreezyDizasta said:
Clannad: The show has no redeeming qualities, I have no idea why anyone would like it.

Nana: It's actually really good. The characters are interesting, the story is good, the music is good, and I think it gets the praise that it deserves, but for whatever reason I just can't get into it. I can't sit down and finish the show no matter how hard I try.

FMAB: I tried watching it multiple times, and while I get why people like it, I never was able to make it past the 2nd or third episode. I guess it's just not my cup of tea.

I just wanted to encourage you to go ahead and watch Clannad. Its not that good, I will agree(probably a 7/10 at the most). But, it definitely VERY worth watching, just to watch Clannad After Story. I don't want to say anything, but it is a beautiful sequel! It was so magnificently beautiful that it is my favourite anime.

- @marinara-sauce

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

Jul 10, 2020 8:50 AM

Jun 2019
My full list is just too long so here's some of them.

Psycho-Pass
One Piece
Bleach
Kaguya-sama
Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood
Fairy Tail
Shiki
Sword Art Online
Monster
Black Lagoon
Deadmman Wonderland
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Mirai Nikki
Jul 10, 2020 9:13 AM
Oct 2019
Hrybami said:
10 years later I still couldn't get into Gintama so I had to drop it after the fourth season.
Oh yeah man i feel you i only watched the funny clips from youtube after dropping it
Jul 10, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2019
Calec said:

Psycho-Pass
One Piece
Bleach
Kaguya-sama
Fairy Tail
Shiki
Sword Art Online
Monster
Black Lagoon
Deadmman Wonderland
Mirai Nikki

You literally said some of my favourites lol
Jul 10, 2020 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
Monogatari series, I watched a few episodes and put it on hold then one day I wanted to watch it again and watched 2 episodes and now it's back on hold.
Jul 10, 2020 11:31 AM

Apr 2019
Wlash said:
Monogatari series, I watched a few episodes and put it on hold then one day I wanted to watch it again and watched 2 episodes and now it's back on hold.

Monogatari is a weird series for me. I love it, but I find it way too difficult to follow at times. I only got to S2 before leaving it on hold.

I'd recommend Bunny Girl Senpai any day over Monogatari.
Jul 10, 2020 11:35 AM

Mar 2020
Re:Zero. I plan on trying it again when the new season is done. It will be my third attempt I think I got to about episode 16 last time so I made progress. The reason I cant get through it is Subaru. I just cant stand him but I really like some of the other characters and I like the plot, just not him.
Jul 10, 2020 12:19 PM

Jun 2019
ag_ said:
Calec said:

Psycho-Pass
One Piece
Bleach
Kaguya-sama
Fairy Tail
Shiki
Sword Art Online
Monster
Black Lagoon
Deadmman Wonderland
Mirai Nikki

Ahaha its cool my man, everyone has its own taste.
Jul 10, 2020 12:33 PM

Mar 2020
animequeen00 said:
BreezyDizasta said:

I just wanted to encourage you to go ahead and watch Clannad. Its not that good, I will agree(probably a 7/10 at the most). But, it definitely VERY worth watching, just to watch Clannad After Story. I don't want to say anything, but it is a beautiful sequel! It was so magnificently beautiful that it is my favourite anime.

Well only for those who like torturing themselves. Clannad After Story is just tearjerking. It's not worth pushing through Clannad just to watch that drama.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
Jul 10, 2020 1:30 PM

Apr 2019
Calec said:
ag_ said:

Ahaha its cool my man, everyone has its own taste.

Yeah I respect that, everyone is different, no need to really judge taste
Jul 10, 2020 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Bunsuke said:

this is weeb for "i can't relate to women"
edit: what a surprise, no girls on your character or people favorites
That's exactly the point. XDDD

I appreciate the effort you put to go to my profile to check what I like and what not.
Jul 10, 2020 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill. I've tried starting them multiple times but I can never watch more than 7/4 episodes, respectively.
Jul 10, 2020 2:22 PM

Mar 2016
I had to watch the first five episodes od Monogatari five times. I pushed myself to at least watch the rest of bake and somehow got into, even though I thought I never would.

And I have tried getting past s1 of Durarara three times already, but I just can't watch the other season I always end up dropping it.

Also Gintama a friend has been úersuading me to watch it for YEARS yet I always drop it after a few episodes.

Another one is Gurren Lagan, I just can't get into it no matter how ahrd I try.
Jul 10, 2020 6:28 PM

Sep 2017
for me i would say it was MHA. i did manage to watch 3 seasons but in the time i was watching it, it took awhile to finish a season because i was getting kinda bored with it. i didn’t even bother to watch the 4th one bc i knew i would just struggle to watch it all the way through.

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

Jul 10, 2020 6:37 PM

Jan 2016
Kaiba. Rewatched it 3 times and I still slept throughout the first episode. Finished it at last but I forgot almost the entire story.
Jul 10, 2020 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
clannad and clannad afterstory. i especially dont get the hype with the latter. and yes i finished both >_<
Jul 10, 2020 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
Right now, I keep forcing myself to finish Gintama, but I find it kinda difficult because it isn't really appealing to me.
Jul 10, 2020 10:56 PM

Dec 2019
Xerx62 said:
animequeen00 said:

Well only for those who like torturing themselves. Clannad After Story is just tearjerking. It's not worth pushing through Clannad just to watch that drama.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I guess...

- @marinara-sauce

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

Jul 10, 2020 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
Re:Zero and SAO. I tried watching them since people kept talking about those series and I wanted to see what they're all hyping about, but I ended up getting bored.
Jul 11, 2020 12:16 AM

Aug 2016
GiTS SAC and Ergo Proxy. The technological concepts are interesting, but the characters are so damn boring and flat and the execution leads to a massive snorefest. Prefer by far stuff like Eden it´s an endless world and Policenauts, wich get the cyberpunk genre right, smart and fun.
MichaelJacksonJul 11, 2020 12:29 AM
:v
Jul 11, 2020 12:23 AM

Jul 2016
LOGH, because of how long series it is and not my cup of tea I guess.

Jul 11, 2020 12:27 AM

Jul 2019
ag_ said:
RanpyoneS said:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Tatami Galaxy, Shinsekai Yori, Texnolyze, Lain, Ergo Proxy. They are just too boring and mechanical for me to give a crap.

Literally all of those shows are so highly praised by the few people who watch it. Maybe it's an acquired taste? That being said, the only one I've seen out of those is Lain and even then I couldn't get past episode 3.

I would also add Aria to that list.
Definitely an acquired taste because you'll never catch me watching those trash
Jul 11, 2020 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
Mirai Nikki has been in and out of my watching, on hold and dropped list. I want to like it. Why don’t I like it?

removed-userJul 11, 2020 1:09 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - 5 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
48 seconds ago

» Best grey haired girl?

Spunkert - Feb 4

9 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Is your waifu photogenic?

Catalano - Yesterday

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Which group of people is more profitable for anime?

Sanjay63773 - 2 hours ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime you would show alien species

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

10 by NubFix »»
20 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.