Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2020 7:32 AM

Nov 2016
shanimebib said:
It's pretty obvious that Rem fans of left that chatroom. Otherwise, there is no way she won't be winning in MAL.

Rem: Member Favorites: 38,678
Emilia: Member Favorites: 17,545

as of 7:51 AM Saturday, July 11, 2020 Japan Standard Time (JST)

I personally prefer emilia over her but no character from this anime would actually make my favorite list and since the number of people who actually completed S1 far surpass the sum of their favorites I doubt I'm alone in that boat.
Jul 11, 2020 12:22 PM

Jul 2019
No Ferris in the poll?
0/10 worthless...

You achieve the true freedom only when there is nobody left to oppose your will.

駆逐してやる!この世から一匹残らず!
-- Eren Yaeger

Jul 11, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2007
I guess this poll got contaminated by bots.
Jul 11, 2020 12:42 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

No, no one would make bots to vote in this unofficial poll. It is just that Rem is overrated.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 11, 2020 12:47 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

No, no one would make bots to vote in this unofficial poll. It is just that Rem is overrated.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Emilia to beat Rem in a poll, but not only does she have three times Rems votes, but the only episode of S2 was the one episode where Rem has more focus than Emilia.
Not to mention there is only three pages of comments and most of it is the same people argueing over who is the better waifu. Three pages of commenters with close to 2,000 votes...I don't buy it.
Jul 11, 2020 1:02 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

I'm not saying it's impossible for Emilia to beat Rem in a poll, but not only does she have three times Rems votes, but the only episode of S2 was the one episode where Rem has more focus than Emilia.
Not to mention there is only three pages of comments and most of it is the same people argueing over who is the better waifu. Three pages of commenters with close to 2,000 votes...I don't buy it.

I don't care if you don't buy it. If you got proof that bots are voting then show me. Besides, I already explained above the reason. I can see that you are a Rem fan but arguing about how this poll is taken over by bots (without any proof) is wishful thinking. And if you want to look at comments (supporting Emilia), you can find many in the thread "Emilia vs Rem" which is still active for now.
And I am sure some people (like myself) have not voted yet.
Bots just don't come out of thin air (even for creating them, it will take much time especially on MAL which bans users if you make more than one account).
swirlydragonJul 11, 2020 1:07 PM

Jul 11, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

I don't care if you don't buy it. If you got proof that bots are voting then show me. Besides, I already explained above the reason. I can see that you are a Rem fan but arguing about how this poll is taken over by bots (without any proof) is wishful thinking. And if you want to look at comments (supporting Emilia), you can find many in the thread "Emilia vs Rem" which is still active for now.
Bots just don't come out of thin air.

I obviously have no proof, but it seems obvious to me. I've seen enough polls to know that Emilia will never 3/1 Rem, at least not yet. Besides Rem and Emilia, almost none of the other characters have any votes. The lack of diversity in who people are voting for when I know some of the other characters have at least some popularity...further drives that assumption home. Especially if they are source readers, they would be supporting other characters, and everyone being a source reader is the only chance Emilia would have to beat Rem by such a ridiculous amount. And even then I doubt it.
The first re;zero episode discussion has 10pages of comments, with 1,400 votes.
Things are just not adding up.
Jul 11, 2020 1:13 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

I obviously have no proof, but it seems obvious to me. I've seen enough polls to know that Emilia will never 3/1 Rem, at least not yet. Besides Rem and Emilia, almost none of the other characters have any votes. The lack of diversity in who people are voting for when I know some of the other characters have at least some popularity...further drives that assumption home.
The first re;zero episode discussion has 10pages of vomments,w ith 1,400 votes.

I don't wanna repeat myself so I'll quote this:-

swirlydragon said:

Not true. It could also be:-
1. LN readers who like Emilia
2. Some Emilia fans and Rem fans who will vote after season 2.
3. Many don't put a character as their fav on MAL but still like them
4. Rem fans are definitely more vocal but some people consider them toxic so voted for Emilia.
5. Emilia also won official polls recently (I can send the link if you want).

Overall, it depends on many factors not just MAL char list. If some Rem fans didn't vote then also some Emilia fans didn't (like me). And this poll ain't going anywhere.
I didn't vote yet because I want to finish season 2 first and then decide.

Emilia never won any poll? She recently won a official poll and this:-

Also remember many people watched Emilia OVA on MAL.
As for other characters, the re zero polls have always been like this.
And as I said,

swirlydragon said:
I can see that you are a Rem fan but arguing about how this poll is taken over by bots (without any proof) is wishful thinking. And if you want to look at comments (supporting Emilia), you can find many in the thread "Emilia vs Rem" which is still active for now.
Bots just don't come out of thin air (even for creating them, it will take much time especially on MAL which bans users if you make more than one account).

Have a nice day

Jul 11, 2020 1:17 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

I obviously have no proof, but it seems obvious to me. I've seen enough polls to know that Emilia will never 3/1 Rem, at least not yet. Besides Rem and Emilia, almost none of the other characters have any votes. The lack of diversity in who people are voting for when I know some of the other characters have at least some popularity...further drives that assumption home.
The first re;zero episode discussion has 10pages of vomments,w ith 1,400 votes.

I don't wanna repeat myself so I'll quote this:-

swirlydragon said:

Not true. It could also be:-
1. LN readers who like Emilia
2. Some Emilia fans and Rem fans who will vote after season 2.
3. Many don't put a character as their fav on MAL but still like them
4. Rem fans are definitely more vocal but some people consider them toxic so voted for Emilia.
5. Emilia also won official polls recently (I can send the link if you want).

Overall, it depends on many factors not just MAL char list. If some Rem fans didn't vote then also some Emilia fans didn't (like me). And this poll ain't going anywhere.
I didn't vote yet because I want to finish season 2 first and then decide.

Emilia never won any poll? She recently won a official poll and this:-

Also remember many people watched Emilia OVA on MAL.
As for other characters, the re zero polls have always been like this.
And as I said,

swirlydragon said:
I can see that you are a Rem fan but arguing about how this poll is taken over by bots (without any proof) is wishful thinking. And if you want to look at comments (supporting Emilia), you can find many in the thread "Emilia vs Rem" which is still active for now.

Have a nice day

That's strictly a Japan poll. You think every country has the same opinion on who is best girl. As far as western countries go, i've never seen Rem lose to Emilia. Not once. Perhaps thigns will change when S2 has its full impact, but this poll was created before S2 even started, and you even told people not to vote in it yet.

KilluanJul 11, 2020 1:23 PM
Jul 11, 2020 1:21 PM

Apr 2007
A fb contest where they competed.
https://ibb.co/GJqYv3J
Jul 11, 2020 1:23 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

That's strictly a Japan poll. You think every country has the same opinion on who is best girl.

Firstly, loyal Re:Zero fans like myself who watched Emilia OVA (Frozen Bond) would prefer her.

Killuan said:
As far as western states go, i've never seen Rem lose to Emilia. Not once. Perhaps thigns will change when S2 has its full impact, but this poll was created before S2 even started, and you even told people not to vote in it yet.

As for Crunchyroll awards, I don't like them nor do I vote in them. They are all toxic. And yes, patiently wait for the results instead of saying Emilia fans have created hundreds of bots (which is so easy to make, right?).

Killuan said:

As I said, results of polls depend on a lot of factor (and also time). Emilia barely had screen time in season 1 compared to Rem anyway.
swirlydragonJul 11, 2020 1:29 PM

Jul 11, 2020 1:28 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

That's strictly a Japan poll. You think every country has the same opinion on who is best girl.

Firstly, loyal Re:Zero fans like myself who watched Emilia OVA (Frozen Bond) would prefer her.

Killuan said:
As far as western states go, i've never seen Rem lose to Emilia. Not once. Perhaps thigns will change when S2 has its full impact, but this poll was created before S2 even started, and you even told people not to vote in it yet.

As for Crunchyroll awards, I don't like them nor do I vote in them. They are all toxic. And yes, patiently wait for the results instead of saying Emilia fans have created hundreds of bots (which is so easy to make, right?).

Killuan said:

As I said, results of polls depend on a lot of factor (and also time). Emilia barely had screen time in season 1 compared to Rem anyway.

I'm more under the assumption that one person created hundreds of bots.

Anyways, you're mistaking my intention. I'll concede when Emilia beats Rem, but there are a lot of things that make this particular poll seem sketchy.
Jul 11, 2020 1:32 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

No, that is not the case. I personally have also seen many polls in which Emilia won especially the officials (I can send the link if you want).
And as I said, it is not very easy to create bots in a site like MAL and no one would waste their time on a poll that has no relevance whatsoever (if they had the skills for it). If you believe otherwise, provide a proof.

Killuan said:
Anyways, you're mistaking my intention. I'll concede when Emilia beats Rem, but there are a lot of things that make this particular poll seem sketchy.

I see. But I don't believe they are sketchy. I have seen many polls in which Emilia won.

Jul 11, 2020 1:36 PM
Aug 2018
Killuan said:
but there are a lot of things that make this particular poll seem sketchy.

I think it is mainly because a lot of the re:zero fans (neutral ones who are not fans of both) voted for Emilia due to the more toxic nature of Rem fanbase. (one of those neutral fans mentioned this above I think?)

And only 1.8K participating in this poll is not a big number. There are at least 70K people watching S2 right now, and more 200K people who have it on their "To watch" list. And over 1.1M people have watched S1.
Jul 11, 2020 1:38 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

No, that is not the case. I personally have also seen many polls in which Emilia won especially the officials (I can send the link if you want).
And as I said, it is not very easy to create bots in a site like MAL and no one would waste their time on a poll that has no relevance whatsoever (if they had the skills for it). If you believe otherwise, provide a proof.

Killuan said:

I see. But I don't believe they are sketchy. I have seen many polls in which Emilia won.

A poll that was created in the west? I won't say it's impossible, even though I haven't seen it myself. But were those numbers as absurdly lopsided as this one? Was Emilia winning by 3.5 times the number of votes, or anywhere close to that?

You only need a script and know how to use it. I couldn't do it myself but i've seen it happen on fb and it's much harder to do there. You can tell when bots are voting there though since you can see who voted for what and a lot of people with no profile pic who all joined fb on the same day is a pretty good sign. Since the poll is anonymous here, it's impossible to truly know.
Jul 11, 2020 1:44 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

A poll that was created in the west? I won't say it's impossible, even though I haven't seen it myself. But were those numbers as absurdly lopsided as this one? Was Emilia winning by 3.5 times the number of votes, or anywhere close to that?

First of all, let me clear some misunderstandings. This is not a Western poll. MAL is very diverse. In fact I am not Westerner myself.
Secondly, yes I've seen polls in which Emilia is wining with a landslide like in twitter.

Killuan said:
You only need a script and know how to use it. I couldn't do it myself but i've seen it happen on fb and it's much harder to do there. You can tell when bots are voting there though since you cans ee who voted for once and a lot of people with no profile pic whoa ll joined fb on the same day is a pretty good sign. Since the poll is anonymous here, it's impossible to truly know.

Not true. It is not so easy as to copy a script. MAL is a well protected site which uses cloudflare (one of the most costly security services if I remember correctly).
As for fb, I also use fb but the bots you are talking about (even in fb) require certain amount of money, resources and time and is used only if there is a personal gain (like for political reasons).

Jul 11, 2020 1:54 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

First of all, let me clear some misunderstandings. This is not a Western poll. MAL is very diverse. In fact I am not Westerner myself.
Secondly, yes I've seen polls in which Emilia is wining with a landslide like in twitter.

Killuan said:
You only need a script and know how to use it. I couldn't do it myself but i've seen it happen on fb and it's much harder to do there. You can tell when bots are voting there though since you cans ee who voted for once and a lot of people with no profile pic whoa ll joined fb on the same day is a pretty good sign. Since the poll is anonymous here, it's impossible to truly know.

Not true. It is not so easy as to copy a script. MAL is a well protected site which uses cloudflare (one of the most costly security services if I remember correctly).
As for fb, I also use fb but the bots you are talking about (even in fb) require certain amount of money, resources and time and is used only if there is a personal gain (like for political reasons).

It's safe to say that everyone here speaks english, so the western voters will majorly outweight the eastern voters. I suppose you have places like Singapore and malaysia who do speak english, but that poll I linked you is a Singaporean based poll so they too prefer Rem from what i've seen. Let me be more specific and say english speakers generally tend to prefer Rem. At least at this point in time.

Could you link me that twitter poll? And is that twitter poll in english or some other language?

You only need an email and a name/password to create an account on MAL. It asks for your phone number on facebook if you try to make too many multiple accounts(which is only a few) and fake accounts are quickly found and removed by fb's bot/fake account algorithm.
The bots i'm talking about happened in a harmless character contest. I can link you to the vote if you wish. (And there was over a thousand of them)
Jul 11, 2020 2:18 PM

May 2020

Is it because of bots? Can't say.

Does it matter much? I don't think so. There's really no meaning in this poll.

That being said, I feel this answer makes some sense:-

rakp333 said:
Killuan said:
but there are a lot of things that make this particular poll seem sketchy.

I think it is mainly because a lot of the re:zero fans (neutral ones who are not fans of both) voted for Emilia due to the more toxic nature of Rem fanbase. (one of those neutral fans mentioned this above I think?)

And only 1.8K participating in this poll is not a big number. There are at least 70K people watching S2 right now, and more 200K people who have it on their "To watch" list. And over 1.1M people have watched S1.

Jul 11, 2020 2:26 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

It's safe to say that everyone here speaks english, so the western voters will majorly outweight the eastern voters. I suppose you have places like Singapore and malaysia who do speak english, but that poll I linked you is a Singaporean based poll so they too prefer Rem from what i've seen. Let me be more specific and say english speakers generally tend to prefer Rem. At least at this point in time.

And I am here to tell that it is not true. As I've seen Emilia win many polls in twitters. And as rakp233 pointed out several more reasons.

Killuan said:
Could you link me that twitter poll? And is that twitter poll in english or some other language?

As for twitter polls, I do not have links of those unoffical polls but I have links of official polls.

Killuan said:
You only need an email and a name/password to create an account on MAL.

Yes you do and everyone knows that. But you are talking about hundreds of accounts here and MAL bans accounts with same emails.

Killuan said:
It asks for your phone number on facebook if you try to make too many multiple accounts(which is only a few) and fake accounts are quickly found and removed by fb's bot/fake account algorithm.
The bots i'm talking about happened in a harmless character contest. I can link you to the vote if you wish. (And there was over a thousand of them)

Making accounts manually on facebook doesn't equal to bots. You can make more than one account on facebook with same mail but not in MAL.
Anyway, I'll say it more clearly. If you think the votes were done by bots then provide proof. And if you can't then I too can say that all these Rem votes were done by bots because most Rem fans dropped the series after season 1. Also, as rakp233 explained, Rem's fanbase does not have a good image so I can see other people voting for Emilia here too.

Jul 11, 2020 2:36 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

And I am here to tell that it is not true. As I've seen Emilia win many polls in twitters. And as rakp233 pointed out several more reasons.

Killuan said:

As for twitter polls, I do not have links of those unoffical polls but I have links of official polls.

Killuan said:
You only need an email and a name/password to create an account on MAL.

Yes you do and everyone knows that. But you are talking about hundreds of accounts here and MAL bans accounts with same emails.

Killuan said:
It asks for your phone number on facebook if you try to make too many multiple accounts(which is only a few) and fake accounts are quickly found and removed by fb's bot/fake account algorithm.

Making accounts manually on facebook doesn't equal to bots. You can make more than one account on facebook with same mail but not in MAL.
Anyway, I'll say it more clearly. If you think the votes were done by bots then provide proof. And if you can't then I too can say that all these Rem votes were done by bots because most Rem fans dropped the series after season 1. Also, as rakp233 explained, Rem's fanbase does not have a good image so I can see other people voting for Emilia here too.

I know it doesn't, i'm saying it's impossible for those to just be people making multiple accounts since there were so many, it had to of been bots created by someones scripts. You can't use the same email two times on fb. The facebook account is tied to the email address. You need a different email address and if you make too many accounts through the same computer, then you also need a phone number for the security code.

You know as well as I do that it's impossible to provide proof of botting in a poll that's done anonymously. I can only provide reasons for why I think botting was done. The statistics are just out of wack compared to anything i've seen before this and there are too few comments for so many votes to actually be legit. Emilia winning in a heated fight against Rem is not the same thing as Emilia decimating her 3.5 votes to 1.
Jul 11, 2020 2:45 PM

Jun 2020
358 with absolute garbage taste
Jul 11, 2020 2:48 PM

Jun 2020
JoyBoy_316 said:
shanimebib said:
It's pretty obvious that Rem fans of left that chatroom. Otherwise, there is no way she won't be winning in MAL.

Rem: Member Favorites: 38,678
Emilia: Member Favorites: 17,545

as of 7:51 AM Saturday, July 11, 2020 Japan Standard Time (JST)

I personally prefer emilia over her but no character from this anime would actually make my favorite list and since the number of people who actually completed S1 far surpass the sum of their favorites I doubt I'm alone in that boat.

favorite list is not really good data in this case
lets say we have a sample size of 100k.
60k like emilia more, 40k like garbage rem more.
from the 40k 38k favorite rem, from the 60k who like emilia only 17k do, because they have other charas they like more
Jul 11, 2020 3:01 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:
I know it doesn't, i'm saying it's impossible for those to just be people making multiple accounts since there were so many, it had to of been bots created by someones scripts. You can't use the same email two times on fb. The facebook account is tied to the email address. You need a different email address and if you make too many accounts through the same computer, then you also need a phone number for the security code.

I see. But my point still stands.

swirlydragon said:
It is not so easy as to copy a script. MAL is a well protected site which uses cloudflare (one of the most costly security services if I remember correctly).

Killuan said:
You know as well as I do that it's impossible to provide proof of botting in a poll that's done anonymously.

No, if it's possible to make hundreds of bots within hours then this is also possible.

Killuan said:
I can only provide reasons for why I think botting was done. The statistics are just out of wack compared to anything i've seen before this and there are too few comments for so many votes to actually be legit. Emilia winning in a heated fight against Rem is not the same thing as Emilia decimating her 3.5 votes to 1.

No, you are entirely wrong. I think we are going around circles here so I'll just quote rakp233 post:-

rakp333 said:

And also AnimeIsCartoon23 made a valid point:-

AnimeIsCartoon23 said:

from the 40k 38k favorite rem, from the 60k who like emilia only 17k do, because they have other charas they like more

Jul 11, 2020 3:16 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

I see. But my point still stands.

swirlydragon said:
It is not so easy as to copy a script. MAL is a well protected site which uses cloudflare (one of the most costly security services if I remember correctly).

Killuan said:
You know as well as I do that it's impossible to provide proof of botting in a poll that's done anonymously.

No, if it's possible to make hundreds of bots within hours then this is also possible.

Killuan said:
I can only provide reasons for why I think botting was done. The statistics are just out of wack compared to anything i've seen before this and there are too few comments for so many votes to actually be legit. Emilia winning in a heated fight against Rem is not the same thing as Emilia decimating her 3.5 votes to 1.

No, you are entirely wrong. I think we are going around circles here so I'll just quote rakp233 post:-

rakp333 said:

And also AnimeIsCartoon23 made a valid point:-

AnimeIsCartoon23 said:

3.5 votes to 1. Why didn't they vote for some other secondary character to spite Rem? Why did they all choose to vote for Emilia?

Anywyas, i'm not trying to convicne anyone. I made a comment about botting happening in this vote, and I made it because of the reasons I listed, I believe it, i'm not trying to make anyone else believe it.
Jul 11, 2020 3:20 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

3.5 votes to 1. Why didn't they vote for some other secondary character to spite Rem? Why did they all choose to vote for Emilia?

As rakp233 and I explained:-

rakp333 said:

swirlydragon said:

Killuan said:
Anywyas, i'm not trying to convicne anyone. I made a comment about botting happening in this vote, and I made it because of the reasons I listed, I believe it, i'm not trying to make anyone else believe it.

I see. And I am also sharing my opinion that nothing like that is true until proven.

Jul 11, 2020 3:31 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

As rakp233 and I explained:-

rakp333 said:

swirlydragon said:

Killuan said:

I see. And I am also sharing my opinion that nothing like that is true until proven.

Theyr'e neutral to both characters and only voted for Emilia out of spite. If they're neutral to both characters then surely there is some Re;zero character they could actually vote for that they're more than just neutral to.

Yeah you're asking for an impossible thing. At least as far as my capabilities are concerned. Surely if there were 1 million voters then you would think this poll had bots, right? 2k voters may not seem like a lot compared to how many people are watching the episode, but there are more votes in this poll than there are in the episode discussion, even though the episode discussion has four times as many comments. I simply believe too many things don't make sense in this poll. It's enough for me to believe it, even if I can't say with 100% certainty.
Jul 11, 2020 3:39 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

Theyr'e neutral to both characters and only voted for Emilia out of spite. If they're neutral to both characters then surely there is some Re;zero character they could actually vote for that they're more than just neutral to.

Yeah you're asking for an impossible thing. At least as far as my capabilities are concerned. Surely if there were 1 million voters then you would think this poll had bots, right? 2k voters may not seem like a lot compared to how many people are watching the episode, but there are more votes in this poll than there are in the episode discussion, even though the episode discussion has four times as many comments. I simply believe too many things don't make sense in this poll. It's enough for me to believe it, even if I can't say with 100% certainty.

Many people have pointed flaws in your assumptions and opinions but you just point at me. Furthermore, there is no reason for this poll to be related to episode discussion.
I'll make it clear right now. What you said is entirely wrong and relies on your various assumptions. If you think this poll is being bias then give me proof. I am sorry but I rely on facts not opinions.
As of now, I can clearly see you are defending Rem because you are a Rem fan.

Jul 11, 2020 3:48 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

Many people have pointed flaws in your assumptions and opinions but you just point at me. Furthermore, there is no reason for this poll to be related to episode discussion.
I'll make it clear right now. What you said is entirely wrong and relies on your various assumptions. If you think this poll is being bias then give me proof. I am sorry but I rely on facts not opinions.
As of now, I can clearly see you are defending Rem because you are a Rem fan.

There is only one character I will simp for, and it's not Rem.
I don't really have anything more to say. I gave the reasons why I think these results are skewed, but I cannot prove it.
Jul 11, 2020 5:17 PM

May 2018
Felix is obviously best girl.
Jul 12, 2020 10:23 AM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:
I don't really have anything more to say. I gave the reasons why I think these results are skewed, but I cannot prove it.

I see. And I believe since you can't prove it, they are clearly wrong because of reasons mentioned by me and other users here.

Jul 12, 2020 11:29 AM

Aug 2016
Hahhahahhaaa best girl wins, as expected
:v
Jul 12, 2020 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
Where the fck is the option to vote for Feris?

Edit: no Felt too? Garbage list
PzKpfw_VI_TigerJul 12, 2020 2:59 PM
Jul 13, 2020 12:42 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

I see. And I believe since you can't prove it, they are clearly wrong because of reasons mentioned by me and other users here.

To be honest, the reasons i've seen you and others give is actual guesswork, while I used statistics from previous contests as well as the comment to vote ratio. Even if these results are legit(which is possible) they are an anomoly, and it's precisely why I think they're skewed.
Jul 13, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:

To be honest, the reasons i've seen you and others give is actual guesswork, while I used statistics from previous contests as well as the comment to vote ratio.

No, the facts are shown above. And what you're using is guesswork. I rely on facts not opinions. Give me proof and if you want to see more comments supporting Emilia then go to the thread "Rem vs Emilia".
Here let me spell it out for you. Your stats are inaccurate here nor were they official. I have list of official stats also.

Jul 13, 2020 12:57 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:
Killuan said:

To be honest, the reasons i've seen you and others give is actual guesswork, while I used statistics from previous contests as well as the comment to vote ratio.

No, the facts are shown above. And what you're using is guesswork. I rely on facts not opinions. Give me proof and if you want to see more comments supporting Emilia then go to the thread "Rem vs Emilia".
Here let me spell it out for you. Your stats are inaccurate here nor were they official. I have list of official stats also.

I haven't seen you post or quote a single fact. You only presented the possibility that people who are neutral to both Rem and Emilia would vote Emilia becuase Rem fans are more toxic. But not only is that an assumption, but I don't believe that's remotely enough for these results to look the way that they do.

The frozen bond movie was neither that popular or that well received. Just comapre its ratings and viewership to this second season. It has less than 5% of the viewership and a much lower score.

I went to that thread, and I assure you, the ratio of Emilia to Rem is not 3.5 to 1.

Your only stats that areofficial are those that were polled in Japan, and have nothing to do with the opinion of the english speaking community. You haven't actually given me stats of a contest where Rem was beaten, let alone destroyed by Emilia. This is the only one i've ever seen.
KilluanJul 13, 2020 1:06 PM
Jul 13, 2020 1:25 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:
I haven't seen you post or quote a single fact. You only presented the possibility that people who are neutral to both Rem and Emilia would vote Emilia becuase Rem fans are more toxic.

Not true. I posted several official facts here. You're the only one relying on facebook unofficial poll (which is more or less a gathering of same fans with same tastes because of the pages you are following and all that) and claiming this poll has been hacked by bots without giving any proof while also telling me that creating bots is easy (you just need a script) without giving any proof again. You just keep on addressing your opinions as facts without giving any proof.

Killuan said:
But not only is that an assumption, but I don't believe that's remotely enough for these results to look the way that they do.

I have used no assumptions here. I only show facts. You here are using extraordinary claims (without any proof) while telling us how your opinion relies on other subjective opinion which you call statistics (by showing one example)

Killuan said:
The frozen bond movie was neither that popular or that well received. Just comapre its ratings and viewership to this second season. It has less than 5% of the viewership and a much lower score.

It is because it was not hyped too much in West. In fact it wasn't even released here. It was very popular and well received in Japan while being top 6 highest grossing that time. Plus they even made a cafe and extended the days it was in theatre because many people claim to watch it. Don't believe me? Check its stats in the official site.

Killuan said:
I went to that thread, and I assure you, the ratio of Emilia to Rem is not 3.5 to 1.

And I went to the thread and can assure you that you are once again wrong. There is no such thing as exactness. Just because here it is 1:3.5 doesn't mean everywhere else will be the same. The fact of the matter is that you will see more Emilia votes in that thread than Rem.

Killuan said:
Your only stats that are official are those that were polled in Japan, and have nothing to do with the opinion of the english speaking community. You haven't actually given me stats of a contest where Rem was beaten, let alone destroyed by Emilia. This is the only one i've ever seen.

Well then this is a English speaking site. Furthermore, as I said, your facebook polls can't be judged in a diverse manner unlike MAL. Facebook more or less is just the gathering of people with same taste.
Anyway, as I said, if you believe this poll is overtaken by bots then provide proof. I can also provide hundreds of my opinions but I wouldn't call them facts.
swirlydragonJul 13, 2020 1:40 PM

Jul 13, 2020 1:31 PM

May 2015
The Rem hate in this thread is hella childish.

Jul 13, 2020 1:38 PM

Jan 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:
The Rem hate in this thread is hella childish.

While it is true that it is childish. But if you'd look at the first posts. It wasn't me who started this. I didn't even show any favoritism. But of course, I should have known what would become of this.
And here I didn't even vote for anyone yet.

Jul 13, 2020 1:41 PM

May 2015
@swirlydragon It's funny that you're calling out someone else for treating their opinion as fact when you've done that multiple times in this thread.

Jul 13, 2020 1:43 PM

Jan 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:
@swirlydragon It's funny that you're calling out someone else for treating their opinion as fact when you've done that multiple times in this thread.

Ok I understand so you support him. He literally claims that this poll is overtaken by bots and how it is very easy to make bots using a script. Well if it is true, I believe those passionate Rem fans can make bots too.
Just need to know how to use a script, yeah.

Edit:- Well at least this thread will get trending on MAL this way so I don't mind.
swirlydragonJul 13, 2020 1:48 PM

Jul 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Mar 2015
Nice the ReZero waifu war round 2 is already underway.

Where's best girl Priscilla tho
Jul 13, 2020 1:48 PM

Jan 2017
Mirai said:
Nice the ReZero waifu war round 2 is already underway.

Where's best girl Priscilla tho

Yes of course. How can I forget the foot fetish queen?!
I shouldn't spoil dude. But there is a reason why I didn't put her up there.

Jul 13, 2020 1:51 PM

May 2015
swirlydragon said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Ok I understand so you support him. He literally claims that this poll is overtaken by bots and how it is very easy to make bots using a script. Well if it is true, I believe those passionate Rem fans can make bots too.
Just need to know how to use a script, yeah.

I'm not "supporting" him. I couldn't couldn't care less about the dumb argument you two are having. I just thought your hypocrisy was funny.

Jul 13, 2020 1:55 PM

Jan 2017
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I'm not "supporting" him. I couldn't couldn't care less about the dumb argument you two are having. I just thought your hypocrisy was funny.

Well it is true that when I made fun of Rem, I used the word "facts" but it was because I got angry due to how the thread derailed. As for the "facts" I am talking about now, it is the result of this poll.

Jul 13, 2020 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
I dont understand why people like Rem, ok, she is pretty and all and she loves Subaru which makes the viewer sympathize but she killed Subaru in episode 1 of S1 or something like that.
Unless u tell me that its fine since Subaru can time loop.
Jul 13, 2020 2:19 PM

Jul 2015
Dona is best girl, the rest of the girls can pack their things and be sent off to the witch cult. Gluttony would be delighted.
Bernkishi07Jul 13, 2020 2:22 PM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 13, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2017
Bernkishi07 said:
Dona is best girl, the rest of the girls can pack their things and be sent off to the witch cult. Gluttony would be delighted.

Satella can literally pulverize gluttony and the witch cult before they even touch any girls

Jul 13, 2020 3:20 PM

Apr 2007
swirlydragon said:

Not true. I posted several official facts here. You're the only one relying on facebook unofficial poll (which is more or less a gathering of same fans with same tastes because of the pages you are following and all that) and claiming this poll has been hacked by bots without giving any proof while also telling me that creating bots is easy (you just need a script) without giving any proof again. You just keep on addressing your opinions as facts without giving any proof.

Several official facts? You posted one poll from Japan that has nothing to do with the concensus of english speakers. The japanese often have different feelings from fans of other nationalities.
That page isn't a Rem fanblub though, it's an anime page. I could show you a dozen other polls. One thing remains consistent, Emilia never wins them.
I don't have proof I only have statistics that back up the claim. When anomolies like this exist, the potential of tampering is high. Even if we assume MAL is a place where Emilia in indeed more popular, are there other MAL polls that are consistent with this one? I've never once addressed my opinions as facts, you're the one that says you're providing facts to counter my argument, but you've provided no such thing.

I have used no assumptions here. I only show facts. You here are using extraordinary claims (without any proof) while telling us how your opinion relies on other subjective opinion which you call statistics (by showing one example)

You've yet to provide any facts, I honestly don't know what you're talking about.

It is because it was not hyped too much in West. In fact it wasn't even released here. It was very popular and well received in Japan while being top 6 highest grossing that time. Plus they even made a cafe and extended the days it was in theatre because many people claim to watch it. Don't believe me? Check its stats in the official site.

How popular it is in Japan has so significance here, I don't know why you continue to bring it up. If it's not popular on MAL, then it isn't much of a factor in the results of this poll.

And I went to the thread and can assure you that you are once again wrong. There is no such thing as exactness. Just because here it is 1:3.5 doesn't mean everywhere else will be the same. The fact of the matter is that you will see more Emilia votes in that thread than Rem.

It's not even 2 to 1, it looks pretty even to be honest(without counting each individual votes) A lot of the comments are the same people going back and forth about who is best girl. The only thing it really confirmed to me is that both fandoms are really toxic. Saw more Emilia fans insulting Rem than the reverse tbh.

Well then this is a English speaking site. Furthermore, as I said, your facebook polls can't be judged in a diverse manner unlike MAL. Facebook more or less is just the gathering of people with same taste.
Anyway, as I said, if you believe this poll is overtaken by bots then provide proof. I can also provide hundreds of my opinions but I wouldn't call them facts.

What? MAL is the gathering of people with the same tastes. Anime. A facebook anime community is literally no different.
Jul 13, 2020 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
swirlydragon said:
Bernkishi07 said:

Satella can literally pulverize gluttony and the witch cult before they even touch any girls

Not talking about the witches due to their circumstances.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 13, 2020 3:38 PM

Jan 2017
Killuan said:
Several official facts? You posted one poll from Japan that has nothing to do with the concensus of english speakers. The japanese often have different feelings from fans of other nationalities.

By several, I mean:-
1. Frozen Bond sales
2. Newtype magazine
3. Recent official poll

And while I do know they are Japanese and I only provided source for one but if you want then I will provide source for other two or you can search it yourself.
As for English speakers, this here is also a fact unless you prove to me otherwise.

Killuan said:
That page isn't a Rem fanblub though, it's an anime page. I could show you a dozen other polls. One thing remains consistent, Emilia never wins them.

And as I said, even if it is an anime page, Facebook is gathering of fans with similar tastes. You can share the same poll in a Rem fan page to call more Rem fans.

Killuan said:
I don't have proof I only have statistics that back up the claim.

Those are not stats but just polls done by gathering of people with same taste.

Killuan said:
When anomolies like this exist, the potential of tampering is high. Even if we assume MAL is a place where Emilia in indeed more popular, are there other MAL polls that are consistent with this one?

This is not an anomaly. And no, unless you prove it is tampering, it is a fact. If making bots is so easy then I am sure those passionate Rem fans won't lose. Just gotta copy a script, right? yeah!

Killuan said:
I've never once addressed my opinions as facts, you're the one that says you're providing facts to counter my argument, but you've provided no such thing.

You literally said in your first post that this poll is contaminated by bots.
No, I've provided many facts and this poll here is also a fact unless proven that it is overtaken by bots.

Killuan said:
You've yet to provide any facts, I honestly don't know what you're talking about

And as I've said, I have provided more than enough facts here while you provide nothing but your opinions. As I said, if making bots is so easy then PROVE IT!

Killuan said:
How popular it is in Japan has so significance here, I don't know why you continue to bring it up. If it's not popular on MAL, then it isn't much of a factor in the results of this poll.

Even if it isn't much of a factor, those people who watched it and enjoyed it would have voted. Plus as I said, the facts are as shown above.

Killuan said:
It's not even 2 to 1, it looks pretty even to be honest(without counting each individual votes) A lot of the comments are the same people going back and forth about who is best girl. The only thing it really confirmed to me is that both fandoms are really toxic. Saw more people insulting Rem than the reverse tbh.

Nah, Rem fandom is more toxic. Emilia fans just started speaking now because of how some Rem fans have insulted for years. As for the votes, Emilia clearly has more.

Killuan said:
What? MAL is the gathering of people with the same tastes. Anime.

No, here everyone can vote instead of making a gathering with Rem fans page or something like that.

Killuan said:
Anime. A facebook anime community is literally no different.

No, it is very different. It is nothing but people with similar tastes gathering together to spam the votes on one side (like for example if I forward the poll to a Rem fan page).
swirlydragonJul 13, 2020 3:44 PM

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

505 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.