Forum Settings
Forums

Manga that you've read even after seeing the anime adaptation

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2020 8:56 AM

Jun 2020
I read manga for an anime parallelly while watching it, cuz I love seeing any creative choices or differences taken up by studios, that's just me though.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 18, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2017
I'm currently reading rosario to vampire. I've watched the anime some time ago and, even though I liked some elements on the show, I thought it was lacking. Then I saw some people saying the manga was way better and this was enough to convince me reading it...
Jul 18, 2020 10:22 AM

Dec 2019
I did it with a few. Most of the time because i liked the series a lot or i got interested and the anime didnt covered th full story ^^
Jul 30, 2020 3:40 PM

Feb 2019
Attack on Titan and Kiss him, not me
Aug 5, 2020 2:15 PM

Jan 2020
Neon Genesis Evangelion. The art is fantastic and the omnibuses are great quality.

𝘐𝘡'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘒𝘀𝘬 𝘡𝘰 𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘡𝘦𝘳π˜₯𝘒𝘺, 𝘣𝘦𝘀𝘒𝘢𝘴𝘦 π˜ͺ 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘒 π™™π™žπ™›π™›π™šπ™§π™šπ™£π™© π™₯π™šπ™§π™¨π™€π™£ 𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘯 - π˜“π˜¦π˜Έπ˜ͺ𝘴 𝘊𝘒𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭

Aug 5, 2020 2:31 PM
γŽγ‚ŠγŽγ‚Šγ‚»γƒΌγƒ•

Oct 2015
I've started some mangas after seeing the anime, usually because I really liked the story/characters and wanted more. I've read (or am reading) One Outs, One Piece, Koe no Katachi and Gin no Saji after the animes.

I've also bought some volumes of some shows aswell, although now I'm trying to only buy physical copies of manga that I have not yet seen (or doesn't have an anime).

Aug 5, 2020 3:03 PM

Aug 2015
I don't usually do that, no reason tbh because I usually think of reading the manga after seeing the anime but when I see that the manga isn't finished I get demotivated or something like that.
Nonetheless I have done that with some anime like Bungou Stray Dogs, Gakuen Babysitters and Haru wo Daiteita.

Aug 5, 2020 3:28 PM

Apr 2019
- Youjo senki
- Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Berserk
- One Punch Man

there are more adaptations, but these are the ones that the anime takes a lot of time to launch or the anime is of lesser quality.
Aug 5, 2020 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
There are too many to mention. To Love Ru, Rosario Vampire , Yumekui Merry, etc.

Most of them are anime that were discontinued, with the exception of To Love Ru because I decided to read its manga after watching season 1 and Motto To Love Ru was not present on that time.

Aug 5, 2020 3:54 PM

Aug 2018
3-gatsu no Lion
Shingeki no Kyojin
One Punch-Man
Black Clover
Aku no Hana
Hinamatsuri
Yagate Kimi ni Naru
Hunter x Hunter
Etc.
Aug 5, 2020 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
Well, a big part of why anime adaptations are a thing are they are supposed to act as a form of advertisement and boost the sales of the manga. Although there are original anime, you usually see a short manga pop up alongside those as another source of revenue for the studio. So, most of the time for me, I'll pick up the anime's manga if I enjoyed the adaptation enough.
Aug 5, 2020 5:30 PM

Feb 2018
There are many but that popped into my mind for now.

- WORKING
- Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Kishuku Gakkou Juliet
- 5 Hanayome.
Aug 5, 2020 6:32 PM

Jun 2016
isn't that a normal thing to do
Aug 7, 2020 2:11 AM
Jun 2020
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I started reading the manga after I finished watching the first three parts.
Aug 7, 2020 12:25 PM

Jun 2020
It's usually the other way around for me. If the manga is really good, I would like to see its anime adaptation after that.

But I watched Another anime before I read the manga, and that's the only time that I've read a manga after I've read before its anime adaptation.

Aug 7, 2020 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
Akira & Berserk are the two that come to mind.
Aug 7, 2020 11:39 PM

Nov 2017
Watched MP100 in 2016, adored it, read what was left of the manga, finished it around the time it ended, watched s2, and then reread it. It has never lost its charm. I'll eventually get to finishing Kuragehime since the anime ended in the middle of the story.
Aug 8, 2020 12:39 AM

Apr 2017
Quite a lot, now that I think about it:

Asobi Asobase
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Detroit Metal City
Gakkou Gurashi!
Mahou Shoujo Madokaβ˜…Magica

I'll probably check out a few others in the future too, like Ao no Exorcist, Attack on Titan and FMA.
The only thing keeping me from starting AoT and Mahoutsukai no Yome is that they're still ongoing, so I might wait until they're fully scanlated to start.
Aug 9, 2020 7:32 PM

Jun 2016
Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun, Happy Sugar Life
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 26, 2020 10:04 AM

Jul 2019
I usually check anime adaptations after reading the manga (if there is an anime adaptation) but some of the situations where I checked the manga after the anime was

Kimetsu no Yaiba - the fights were set up well with intense moments that didn't give a hint on who'd win or how they'll win so I was pushed towards reading the manga (which was fun)

One Piece - I enjoyed the anime quite a bit and I kept hearing about how amazing the manga was (since it was the #1 top selling manga) so I checked it out after a couple hundred episodes of the anime

Dr. Stone - The premise was so unique and I was totally hooked after the first season of the anime and decided to check out the manga

JoJo Series - It was an exhilarating ride for the first 5 parts and I couldn't stop so I decided to check out the manga version after finishing Vento Aureo

A Silent Voice - This is a movie but I couldn't get enough of it and decided to refeel the experience in manga form

Senko-san - Idk just wanted a light-hearted fuzzy wuzzy read after all the mofu's and tofus of the anime

Senryuu Shojo - The anime was insanely short and the manga had like 140+ chapters at that point so I just decided to binge the entire series

𝘚𝘰, 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘒𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘡𝘳𝘒𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘰𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨, 𝘭𝘦𝘒𝘴𝘡 𝘰𝘧 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨
Aug 26, 2020 10:32 AM
Jun 2020
Magi and its prequel, Sinbad. I read the manga almost immediately after finishing all of the seasons. I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.
Aug 26, 2020 10:59 PM

Jul 2016
•Akuma no Riddle
•Grancrest Senki
•Ikkitousen
•Love Stage!!
•Seikon no Qwaser
•Speed Grapher

The anime versions of Akuma no Riddle, Seikon no Qwaser, and Speed Grapher are better than the manga.

The anime are more explicit.
Aug 27, 2020 12:06 AM
Dec 2015
The Promised Neverland

First arc is a masterpiece so the manga seemed promising... well safe to say, it doesn't really deliver
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1060 by Ishitateso »»
4 hours ago

» Fav Manga Panel

ChrisBlitz - Apr 13

9 by Zedlin »»
6 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

23 by Zedlin »»
7 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

38 by Zedlin »»
7 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

10 by nishant0 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.