Forums
New
May 5, 2020 9:47 PM
Aug 2018
So who do you like the least?
Yukirin4May 5, 2020 9:55 PM
May 5, 2020 9:49 PM

Jul 2019
How do you even have a least favorite character in this show? I like them all equally, thus I cannot say who I like least. It's like you have kids and you have to choose your least favorite. But Kaguya
May 5, 2020 10:38 PM
Feb 2017
guych said:
How do you even have a least favorite character in this show? I like them all equally, thus I cannot say who I like least. It's like you have kids and you have to choose your least favorite. But Kaguya

Say kappa right now you loser.
May 5, 2020 10:48 PM

Jul 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
guych said:

Say kappa right now you loser.

kappa kappa kappa kappa
May 5, 2020 11:51 PM

Aug 2017
Chika and Ishigami. I dislike characters with a too depressed personality and a too euphoric one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2020 11:53 PM

Feb 2018
Janoschh said:

Where is the none and everyone option??πŸ˜¨πŸ˜žπŸ˜’
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 6, 2020 12:41 AM

Apr 2018
Add Kashiwagi's Boyfriend here please
May 6, 2020 1:20 AM

Nov 2007
beam2546 said:

I cannot vote unless he is in this list.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 6, 2020 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Probably Chika, while she is hilarious she lacks the depth of some of the other characters seeing as she is always played for laughs.
May 6, 2020 9:37 AM

Sep 2011
Jokingly, kashiwagi cause shes a shit. Honestly, fujiwara cause shes just the odd one out of the main cast as a comic relief where as the other 4 are entirely different characters over time. She stopped getting them a long time ago now but i would always be semi dissapointed if we got a chapter focused on her over others and generally i think the series has been better off since she became more of a supporting character so she doesnt get in the way of the important stuff.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 6, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2015
From the main cast, Chika, she is funny and all, but she just lacks depth later on in the story in comparison to the rest of the student council and most outside of the council such as Hayasaka and other characters who will make an appearance later in s2 and hopefully S3.

For the side characters, Toyomi, mainly because I had to google who she is (lmao I apologize) and she has almost no speaking roles in the series (she will make her last appearance in s2 I believe).
May 6, 2020 11:33 AM
Sep 2018
From the main cast i would say iino atm.

May 6, 2020 1:45 PM
Nov 2019
I like them all, so I voted for Moeha because I don't know who the hell he/she is.
May 6, 2020 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
1Kyo said:
I just voted for someone whose name I didn't recognize because I thought that's who I like the least. Turns out the character I voted for (whoever that is) is the second most hated character after... Chika? Why do people hate Chika? lol
its not a matter of hating her, its just shes by far one of the least developed characters in the series and she kind of ends up getting completely eclipsed by more interesting characters as it goes along even down to alot of side characters, I like her fair enough especially when she gets into her meaner spirited comments on people but she is generally one of the least important characters and hypothetically could be removed entirely and not change much of pretty much the past 60 chapters. Though some of the people in that poll straight up arent even members of the cast so its unfair to have them their, like fujiwara's sisters are straight up in the series for maybe 4 or 5 chapters tops and never the focus of anything.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 6, 2020 2:05 PM

Feb 2013
shanimebib said:
beam2546 said:

I cannot vote unless he is in this list.
He is the enemy of all guys, but it's funny because that's the intention of his character. He also has the nerve to not see the efforts of best girl (besides Kaguya) Maki and her charm. A true bastard. Maki deserves her own series titled Maki-sama: Love is Suffering.
May 6, 2020 11:26 PM

Aug 2016
Kashiwagi and her boyfriend, they're both nothing but a Cancer
May 7, 2020 1:53 AM

Feb 2018
Kaguya is the best...
May 7, 2020 3:43 AM

Sep 2019
shubh_jain_2 said:
Janoschh said:

Bro I didn't expect to see a yugami-kun quote here
Zuj3brusuMay 7, 2020 3:48 AM
If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick.
May 7, 2020 3:47 AM

Sep 2019
Apparently, some people do "like" Iino. Not me though.
If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick.
May 7, 2020 3:49 AM

Feb 2018
Zuj3brusu said:
shubh_jain_2 said:

Bro I didn't expect to see a yugami-kun quote here

Haha, that's my favourite manga or atleast one of my favs!!😏😏

And u know this damn well!!😬
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
May 7, 2020 7:08 AM

Jul 2017
(Manga reader's perspective, but still applicable to anime)

Fujiwara, without a doubt.

She was paramount in helping the series establish itself, but as every other character develops, they're more able to carry scenes on their own. Granted, Fujiwara is still very relevant but she's just the weakest link in the chain.
And while it's not her fault, the amount of attention she gets by some fans slightly annoys me, though this isn't a big factor in why I like her the least.

But at the end of the day, this is Kaguya-sama. No character is poorly written.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

May 9, 2020 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
I will go with kashiwagi although her boyfriend is more cancerous but he is not in the poll.
May 9, 2020 10:18 AM
Apr 2019
Miyuki πŸ˜’ Male tsundere,,

I like every characters it’s just I like him the least
May 9, 2020 11:23 AM

Nov 2009
Tsubasa is the only one I generally don't like. Next would be probably Kaguya but I still like her a lot.
May 9, 2020 11:40 AM

Apr 2016
Where's the option of 'everyone'? I dislike all of them, none of them have any depth.
May 9, 2020 11:08 PM

Apr 2016
DeN11 said:
(Manga Reader)
Chika is the worst character by far in both the anime and manga.

Dex_Lionhart said:
Where's the option of 'everyone'? I dislike all of them, none of them have any depth.

Just you wait, Kaguya-sama has some of the best character depth in all of anime and manga.

No offense, I keep hearing that thing that the characters will have this, that, just wait. But the thing is, why wait if I could just drop it and go for better anime worth the time. You see, the anime's story hasn't moved an inch since ep 1 and the characters didn't have any depth to begin with, watched s1 and some eps of s2, still the same, trash all the way. As for the manga, I'm rather selective so I only pick which aren't overrated and are actually good and are worth the time and by what I've gathered Love is War stays mediocre for a long time, so again why waste time if I don't even like it in the first place and to top it off it's overrated and overhyped. Again, no offense but calling "all of anime and manga" is bit too far of a stretch. Idk what your standards of 'best' are but I don't agree with it in the slightest. It wouldn't have pissed me off if the hive minds circlejerked around for this anime on platforms that I like. Plus they are attacking and bullying every other guy who don't agree the anime/manga isn't good, and I hate it. You know that's basically how MHA fanbase is, toxic for no goddamn claim to back it. So yeah there's a pretty good reason to hate a popular, overrated shows. Protip: If a show or its characters take that much long to even start developing, then that's a bad show, no exception. Don't think of me like I'm an elitist (I hate those kind of people too), it's just an opinion, I just explained it enough to back it up.
Dex_LionhartMay 9, 2020 11:17 PM
May 10, 2020 7:38 AM

Aug 2019
Chika, easy.
She has a nice design and she's hot but that's literally all there is to her. Otherwise she's an annoying little prick I would never want to associate with.
May 10, 2020 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Fujiwara for me as well. Like others have said she’s literally the only one that doesnt develop, literally from the getgo she’s just there to cause chaos in an already chaotic love war between Miyuki and Kaguya, by far she is the most out of place among the cast, there actually came a time for me where I didnt realize she was in the chapter while I was reading, only realized when I came to the forums and they mentioned her being in the ch lol.
May 10, 2020 8:31 AM

Sep 2017
from the main cast, its chika

from the entire cast, probably tsubame or maki
May 10, 2020 10:13 AM

Sep 2017
I don't really care or nearly remember correctly about Maki, Kei, Toyomi and Moeha so that's gonna be one of them
May 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Apr 2016
DeN11 said:
Dex_Lionhart said:

Protip: If a show or its characters take that much long to even start developing, then that's a bad show, no exception. Don't think of me like I'm an elitist (I hate those kind of people too), it's just an opinion, I just explained it enough to back it up.

To clarify my opinion on best characters. I messed up when I said "all of anime," I meant to say "one of the best." Next my standards on best is my own subjective taste in characters. But if you want to know I find Gintoki, Kaiki, Guts, Araragi, Shinobu, and Hachiman as some of the most developed characters of all time. Your protip fails to work in anime now. The reason being is that most anime is seasonal, so they only get 12-24 episodes. By this logic, Gintama, Monogatari, and Berserk are all terrible anime and manga. Gintama didn't start fleshing out its characters untill episode 50. Araragi only became a good character when Kizumonogatari and Owarimonogatari were release. Technically Shinobu wasn't a good character until 2nd season. Berserk pre-eclipse only skimmed the surface of Guts character arcs. Claiming a anime is bad just based on the 1st couple of episode unfair towards all anime. This explained the new mal rating system tho because shows like Gintama, Chihiyafuru, and Legend of the Galactic Hero were having their scores being lowered due to people only watching the first 10 episodes. Honestly claiming a anime is overrated or underrated is kinda overrated because it's entirely based on your own opinion. Claiming a show is underwatched is fair game.

I read your comment, but let me point one glaring error. All of these shows are not entirely character driven (except maybe one). All of these shows have their own way of getting people to stay. Alright lemme clear them one by one,
Monogatari: its the only show here which is character driven with an original premise and also interesting choice of world (no background characters). While Araragi is a part of main cast he's not the focus of the show, every main character has its season dedicated to their character arcs; that's why every character is best character in the show, you literally can't say they don't make an interesting character. Here Araragi only actually starts getting heavily involved after Owarimonogatari because its 80% his season, also giving depth in kizumonogatari which was supposed to come after Bakemonogatari, which Nisio Isin intended but production is also a thing, anyway not the point. If you were to actually pay attention to Araragi's character, he didn't suddenly became a good character in Owari but it was because he was built up over the course of the show leading upto owari. Now as for shinobu, she was a side character at the start, had screentime as brisk as possible only until Nise, but she was still a side character at that point and then after shinobu time she is more heavily involved since she has closest ties with Araragi so their character development goes hand in hand because whatever araragi does affect shinobu's character too. That's the genius of Nisio Isin, the dude knows how to write a masterpiece.
Gintama: You have to know this show was meant to be a parody anime, a perfect blend of original and meta humor with fourth wall breaking and the likes. And you bet your ass its humor is a class of its own but unlike love is war, every cast has its own personality and of course you dont always need to develop a character in a serious arc or setting. Gintama has a world that's interesting enough that you would wanna know more about, their clothes, the era it's in, the characters, of course its ballsy humor is the good enough reason for people to stick with and it can easily keep you hooked till the "real" character development starts. I might be wrong if I were to completely neglect that one of the reasons the show is so good is because the characters are really different and how well they fit in the overall story and premise.
Berserk:
Again this too, isn't entirely character driven. Guts being the protagonist, with the story literally starting with him brutally killing shit, endangering his own life. Of course it comes down to the reader, why should he care? Well Kentaro Miura knows his shit, he isn't an amateur at writing stories. That first impression of Guts was literally to let people know what kind of tone it's set in. Now that he got Berserk the attention of people in it, he then takes the story in the past, where he explores Guts' backstory, develops a solid motivation for him all while building a cast that people actually care enough to keep following. Griffith, Casca, The band of Hawks, everyone has a part to play in each other's life. True, Guts is not the main focus in the first arc but to compensate it there's the main cast, a concrete story, solid world building. Anyway you get the idea.
Look the general idea is the main character does not always need to actually develop or be the main focus the entirety of the story, there are other factors that count in too.
As for Love is war... it has none of it to begin with. You already know, the characters lack depth quite a long time and by that, including the supporting cast. Next is premise, which again, is bland and generic to the bone. Same goes for story in which two "supposedly" mature for their age model students act immaturely to make the other confess- just slightly interesting. This show is a "supposedly" romance show but again, every ep is painful to watch and by the end of each of them everything reverts back to square one. Next is comedy which people boast quite a bit for some reason. Saw the show because my friend forced me to and my god never seen humor that bad (that is a bit of an exaggeration but it's true, it is bad), the original jokes are unfunny and top it off, recycled throughout the show. The referencing humor feels forced since it's obligatory as its own "original" jokes sucks. Regardless the anime/manga falls flat on its face and doesn't justify the huge delay in character development. Basically there's nothing the anime/manga has to anchor me to keep me on board until I start caring for real. Look I know you love Love is war but I don't really get why or maybe you're just a victim to the Sunk-cost fallacy or given to peer/internet pressure without realizing it. But Kaguya sama is in no way a good show and is overrated.
Also I admit my protip was incomplete and I apologize for giving only half info.
Tho if this was that great and popular before that chika ED or whatever, I would've known about it or at least get it once in my radar. But no, it all started with that expensive looking smooth ED and every other weeb been hyping the shit outta it like its the best show ever that grazed the anime community. Load of bullshit if you ask me. Anyway I have more than enough things to add to reinforce my point at why this anime is garbage and overrated but I think it's quite enough to prove it. Thank you if you made it till here :)
May 10, 2020 1:36 PM
Mar 2018
fuck chika. all my homies hate chika
May 10, 2020 2:43 PM

Aug 2015
Chika. She have her good moments but most of the time she is loud and plain annoying.
May 10, 2020 5:52 PM
May 2019
Fujiwara for me ^-^
May 10, 2020 8:15 PM

Nov 2007
@Dex_Lionhart

Don't really want to start anything but honestly, Kaguya-sama has some of the best written characters ever. Even side characters like Maki, Tsubame-senpai and Onodera (the latter two will make their debuts in this season) showed side to them that one would not think of them after their introduction or even when a lot are shown about them.

You really need to hold your horses. The depths of these characters will start to show up soon. And by that time, the anime won't be even halfway through the current chapters in the manga which is basically the half-way point according to the author. So, you are basically seeing a quarter of the whole story by the end of the season.

It's easy to write characters like Edward Elric, Killua, Saber, Levi (some of the most popular ones), or Sakuta, Zero-two, Violet Evergarden (some of the most recent ones).

It's far more difficult to write characters like Katsuragi Keima, Hikigaya Hachiman, Yoroizuka Mizore or Araragi Koyomi. They all appear to be doing what they are doing but there are either impact stories and/or character reconstruction behind all of them that make them standout from your seasonal forgettable characters. Ishigami Yuu, Iino Miko and Hayasaka Ai are all very close to this category, Yuu in particular. That's basically half of the main cast.

And there are impossible characters like Sakata Gintoki, Kyon or Johan Liebert. You only get to comprehend the actual depth of their character after putting together 100,000 pieces of a puzzle given to you scattered all over the story. And it takes time. And that is why they are Impossible Characters. Shinomiya Kaguya and Shirogane Miyuki (the latter in particular) fall in this category. That's your protags of this story for you. You haven't seen a tenth of Kaguya's character so far. Miyuki's not even a twentieth. Only very few can and will actually see why Shirogane Miyuki is the male protagonist befitting this story. It's understandable because his character is ocean deep for causal readers or viewers to actually figure out the actual depth.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 11, 2020 3:52 AM
May 2019
@Dex_LionHart
When I read the first chapter of Kaguya, one thing I noticed is that Kaguya introduction is far superior compare to Shirogane, look what Shiro has : only study, a hard worker. That imbalance curious me : why do Kaguya is vice president and not the opposite, why she like Shirogane, this is one of the reason I got hooked from the start. Kaguya goes on the direction a load of slice of life comedy chapters, then a serious arc

Next, there is one scene in season 1 of Kaguya I'm sure that 99% anime-onlies forget, it's the one after the party with French student : "I said such horrible thing, I was like how I used to be, didn't I ?", detail like this was hinted not only one, so if you say Kaguya has nothing on its surface then it's clearly false.

About the comedy aspect, everyone has different sense of humour and the thing happen is a lot people like it, so it not fit your taste, not it is boring. Your avatar is Sakamoto ? I find that anime one of the most boring comedy I've watched
Aug 12, 2020 10:10 AM
Feb 2020
easily kaguya and Iino,why? this is one of the series that the main premise and main character/couple is good,but too bad the other just superior and more interesting,i legit enjoy more of chika,ishigami,hayasaka even some side character than the main "battle of mind games blablabla"
Aug 12, 2020 11:40 AM
Mar 2019
How is Ishigami 3rd on this list?
Jul 29, 2021 4:04 AM
May 2021
for me it was kaguya. she is hella annoying
Jan 20, 2022 7:55 AM
Jun 2020
Kaguya cuz she‘s soooo arrogant and she always thinks she‘s better than anyone omg so annoying

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.