Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2020 5:13 AM

Jan 2020
Worst? Hell no. Annoying? Sometimes. Realistic? Yes.

Eren is annoying simply because of the world around him. I mean who wouldn't be stressed out fearing that every day can be your last and that you are the last hope for your people's survival? Keep in mind Eren is only 15 in s1-3. For a 15-year-old like him to be calmer as each season passes, it shows character development and maturity which a lot of anime protagonists don't have.

Jun 28, 2020 5:47 AM
Feb 2020
SirNoLife said:

Eren is annoying simply because of the world around him. I mean who wouldn't be stressed out fearing that every day can be your last and that you are the last hope for your people's survival? Keep in mind Eren is only 15 in s1-3. For a 15-year-old like him to be calmer as each season passes, it shows character development and maturity which a lot of anime protagonists don't have.

Actually he is 18 from season 1 on wards, after completing his training.
Jun 28, 2020 5:56 AM

Jan 2020
ANTI-MAL-ELITIST said:
SirNoLife said:

I'm pretty sure he was 10 during 845 (Fall of Wall Maria). The training started during 847 and ended at 850. 850 was when Trost was attacked. And everything else during s1-s3 happened during 850 except for the beach scene which happened during 851.

Jun 28, 2020 9:47 PM

Aug 2012
ANTI-MAL-ELITIST said:
SirNoLife said:

Eren is 15 during season 1 after the training.
Jul 2, 2020 12:43 AM
Mar 2020
Not the worst, definitely, but far from the best. Nothing special about him, but I think that is fine
Jul 2, 2020 12:47 AM

Apr 2013
The OP didn't even mention why Eren is a bad protagonist, just that he "learned" somewhere that he's bad. Not sure what to discuss here tbh.
Jul 4, 2020 12:16 AM
Nov 2019
no.unlike other shonen battle, AOT give other characters to shine
Jul 5, 2020 3:43 AM
Apr 2020
I don't think so

In the beginning of the story yes he is an annoying character, but i think this is a deliberate move from the author part. As the story progress in the anime and the manga his character gets so much development to the point that imo he is one of the best and most developed character in anime. But still he isn't my favorite character in attack on titan.
Jul 7, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 2016
You are so gonna miss the young Eren who only knows shouting and screaming :”D
Jul 7, 2020 8:21 AM
Dec 2018
Bababazooka69 said:
AnimeTmTalks said:
This Thread is So 2013
Bro,u have a youtube channel and u explain things in hindi right?
Bababazooka69 said:
AnimeTmTalks said:
This Thread is So 2013
Bro,u have a youtube channel and u explain things in hindi right?
Yes. You are right.
Jul 10, 2020 7:08 AM
Mar 2020
After season 4 he will be one of the best protagonist trust me i have read the manga
Jul 21, 2020 6:37 PM
Aug 2016
Sakuta34_12 said:
Recently i wanted to watch aot so i searched about the protagonist of the attack on Titan, i learned that eren is the one of the worst protagonist and most hated protagonist.
If the protagonist is this bad how can aot fans tolerate him

You know how anime fans are. they tend to judge things subjectively.
eren is a realistic and perfect protagonis for anime like Aot. Just watch it until s3, and you Will understand.

Sorry for bad english
Aug 18, 2020 4:19 AM
Aug 2020
Eren is a disgraceful protagonist. Deluded die-hard fans will always tell you that he changes, that everything will make sense in the final arc, that he will be unrecognizable... But they also forget how you have to put up with this wasteman until then, and how he just changes from one annoying stereotype to another.

When your main guy is this bad, any growth is growth (the bar has been set too low). It would be deeply concerning if he became any worse... In season 1 he's sadistic and has psychopath-like tendencies (fans will find any poor reason to justify this nonsense).

Somehow we are supposed to accept that Eren is the most angry person amongst all the people who live there. Even before he lost anyone important, he was a complete mess (referring to the cabin scene). Fans will, of course, tell you that given the situation his reaction inside the cabin was appropriate. It was clearly an overreaction, and his level of violence is preposterous (and Mikasa was apparently inspired by the psychopath and also snapped... *rolls eyes*).

In every season, Eren either screams, whines or sulks. He screams less, but then he whines more (for example).

Is Eren the only person who has suffered the most? Has he even lived long enough to have this much hatred?
Shouldn't there be more people who are mentally ill after living in fear/behind massive walls? It's simple statistics and probability. Why is Eren the only one who is this messed up? Why aren't there more depressed people, criminals or people with psychopath-like tendencies? Many people would be severely affected if they lived behind those walls... But AoT does not understand how real humans behave.

Btw, Mikasa has got to be one of the most lame/redundant characters ever: an inferior Levi, who says Eren a gazillion times. I'm not surprised that Eren is deeply troubled. I'd be too if someone were stuck to me like glue and called (and often screamed) my name every 5 seconds.

I will not respond to die-hard fans. You will just ignore any points anyway.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
MrZawaOct 8, 2020 2:34 AM
Aug 18, 2020 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
Schwarznight said:
Eren is a disgraceful protagonist. Deluded die-hard fans will always tell you that he changes, that everything will make sense in the final arc, that he will be unrecognizable... But they also forget how you have to put up with this wasteman until then, and how he just changes from one annoying stereotype to another.

When your main guy is this bad, any growth is growth (the bar has been set too low). It would be deeply concerning if he became any worse... In season 1 he's sadistic and has psychopath-like tendencies (fans will find any poor reason to justify this nonsense).

Somehow we are supposed to accept that Eren is the most angry person amongst all the people who live there. Even before he lost anyone important, he was a complete mess (referring to the cabin scene). Fans will, of course, tell you that given the situation his reaction inside the cabin was appropriate. It was clearly an overreaction, and his level of violence is preposterous (and Mikasa was apparently inspired by the psychopath and also snapped... *rolls eyes*).

In every season, Eren either screams, whines or sulks. He screams less, but then he whines more (for example).

Is Eren the only person who has suffered the most? Has he even lived long enough to have this much hatred?
Shouldn't there be more people who are mentally ill after living in fear/behind massive walls? It's simple statistics and probability. Why is Eren the only one who is this messed up? Why aren't there more depressed people, criminals or people with psychopath-like tendencies? Many people would be severely affected if they lived behind those walls... But AoT does not understand how real humans behave.

Btw, Mikasa has got to be one of the most lame/redundant characters ever: an inferior Levi, who says Eren a gazillion times. I'm not surprised that Eren is deeply troubled. I'd be too if someone were stuck to me like glue and called (and often screamed) my name every 5 seconds.

If you are a manga reader and still say this, you are just not paying attention to the story lol I kinda agree with you about Mikasa tho. Her character was butchered in the anime.

Mod edit: Changed quote of edited post.
MrZawaOct 8, 2020 2:34 AM
Aug 18, 2020 5:00 AM
Aug 2020
angelkuhn said:
Schwarznight said:

If you are a manga reader and still say this, you are just not paying attention to the story lol I kinda agree with you about Mikasa tho. Her character was butchered in the anime.

I'm not reading the manga. And I really hate when manga fans come to defend Eren. He is not the worst protagonist of all time, but he's certainly one of the most annoying. I hope he has a painful death ^^.

Mod edit: Changed quote of edited post.
MrZawaOct 8, 2020 2:35 AM
Aug 18, 2020 6:13 AM

Jul 2020
@Schwarznight i don't mean to offend you by saying that you are wrong or something like that. I'll only say that after watching the next season, you might need to reconsider your words(like a lot).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2020 6:20 AM
Aug 2020
BlackFlagPirate said:
@Schwarznight i don't mean to offend you by saying that you are wrong or something like that. I'll only say that after watching the next season, you might need to reconsider your words(like a lot).

I don't need to reconsider anything. If you fail in S1, you can't just say that everything will make sense in S100.... "The manga..." No. I don't care about the manga either. I will still watch S4 to see how shocking it will be... Can the story become even more lame? I guess I will find out.

If you go for a job interview and behave like a first-class nincompoop, do you think that you can say, "But you haven't seen why.... But if you gave me two more hours..."? No. Eren was a flop. You will not convince me otherwise. He was also a flop in every other season (he didn't scream as much as in S1, but he was still a flop).

I'm not going to respond... All the people that are responding to me have AoT profile pics or are die-hard AoT fans, lol.
Aug 18, 2020 6:22 AM

Mar 2020
Haruyuki ://////////
lejmon
Aug 18, 2020 7:08 AM

Jul 2020
Schwarznight said:
BlackFlagPirate said:

I don't need to reconsider anything. If you fail in S1, you can't just say that everything will make sense in S100.... "The manga..." No. I don't care about the manga either. I will still watch S4 to see how shocking it will be... Can the story become even more lame? I guess I will find out.

If you go for a job interview and behave like a first-class nincompoop, do you think that you can say, "But you haven't seen why.... But if you gave me two more hours..."? No. Eren was a flop. You will not convince me otherwise. He was also a flop in every other season (he didn't scream as much as in S1, but he was still a flop).

I'm not going to respond... All the people that are responding to me have AoT profile pics or are die-hard AoT fans, lol.
I'm not tryna' persuade you. And nothing failed in S1. If you jugde a story without knowing it all then the one who is lame is you. And since you'll be watching the next season, I'd like to talk to you after that. Have you ever seen something in which even the most random pieces fall in place and form a grand picture. Honestly speaking I didn't like eren much after watching S1 but later in the manga, eren didn't leave me a choice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2020 7:35 AM
Aug 2020
Minerrr said:
Schwarznight said:

you are talking like you know everything about eren's character development but you havent even read the manga lmao... you dont know shit

Minerrr said:
Schwarznight said:

you are talking like you know everything about eren's character development but you havent even read the manga lmao... you dont know shit

Says the guy with a Kaneki profile (another edgy character, though not as edgy as Eren) and SnK in his top 3 (lmao). Read a proper book, mate. I have read way too much stuff to know when something is complete BS. AoT is a lot of fun, but it's overhyped by a crazy fanbase. Anyone can say that everything is foreshadowing when you have a million asspulls later on and keep adding new elements. Essentially, you add something new that relates to something old, and then you say that the old stuff was intentional. When will people learn that nothing is perfect? All of you AoT fans need to chill out. And no need to tell me how everything falls in place, and that the manga is amazing. I'm talking about the anime.
Aug 18, 2020 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
Schwarznight said:
Minerrr said:

Minerrr said:

Says the guy with a Kaneki profile (another edgy character, though not as edgy as Eren) and SnK in his top 3 (lmao). Read a proper book, mate. I have read way too much stuff to know when something is complete BS. AoT is a lot of fun, but it's overhyped by a crazy fanbase. Anyone can say that everything is foreshadowing when you have a million asspulls later on and keep adding new elements. Essentially, you add something new that relates to something old, and then you say that the old stuff was intentional. When will people learn that nothing is perfect? All of you AoT fans need to chill out. And no need to tell me how everything falls in place, and that the manga is amazing. I'm talking about the anime.

You have read so much stuff huh? You should read what Ad Hominem Fallacy means before talking shit in a forum lmao
removed-userAug 18, 2020 7:55 AM
Aug 18, 2020 8:14 AM

Sep 2017
So you're telling me he's worse than Deku, Kirito and Makoto
خ
Aug 18, 2020 8:34 AM

Feb 2017
the other characters are more interesting than eren imo but its okay since they get a lot of screentime too.
Aug 18, 2020 8:36 AM
Jul 2020
Kirito is by far the worst protagonist, you can't be sane and tell me elsewhere.
Aug 18, 2020 9:40 PM

Jul 2020
Eren after reading this thread be like: It was the criticism which helped me the most.
Sep 13, 2020 2:22 AM
Jul 2010
I think Eren has one of the best main character growth and progression in any mangas that I have seen.
His core belief has not change but his views on the world/enemies and the way he handle fights has progress to a very matured stage.
Sep 13, 2020 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
People here actually saying Eren is realistic lol. Wasn't he the same dude that said he wanted to exterminate all the titans? Doesn't seem like something a realistic character would say. Come on people lol.
Sep 13, 2020 2:30 AM
Jul 2010
Darkraii said:
People here actually saying Eren is realistic lol. Wasn't he the same dude that said he wanted to exterminate all the titans? Doesn't seem like something a realistic character would say. Come on people lol.

Well you have take into account that he was only a 9 year old kid that just lost his mom to a titan.
Sep 13, 2020 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
richardtengcy said:
Darkraii said:

Well you have take into account that he was only a 9 year old kid that just lost his mom to a titan.

he was still saying the same shit even when he joined the survey corps lol
Sep 13, 2020 10:05 AM
Aug 2020
Hrybami said:
Eren cannot be the worst protagonist as long as Gon exists.

Someone finally said the truth!
Gon is flat character! We dont see him train before the hunter exam arc yet he becomes a hunter easily! He has zero character development!
Sep 13, 2020 10:08 AM
Aug 2020
jadenjoestar5656 said:
In the first two seasons Eren is kinda immature but he slowly develops and in the third season he changes a really a lot. In the upcoming season Eren.....turns into a masterpiece and attack on Titan season 4 is going go down in history. I know it because I've read the ......manga......

Thank you, well said!!
Sep 13, 2020 2:04 PM
Apr 2020
Kirito has 40k favorites cause there are SAO fans and they like him. Eren is by no means the worst protagonist. He is annoying at the start but cools down and smartens up throughout the series. He was never a white knight, and he aint op, a rare mash up. Overall he is pretty unique and at the end quite good.

Thats the anime. Manga Eren is a Beast. I like him more than any other protag, even Gintoki and Guts. Never thought that day would come. Not saying he is the most well written, but definitely my favorite. So yeah you can watch yourself and decide. But if you like Kirito you may not suit your tastes
Sep 13, 2020 3:52 PM

Aug 2020
Definitely Yuki from Mirai Nikki. It's the shittiest MC I have ever seen in my life. He's just an ugly coward who needs his friends everytime to save his little ass. Also crying and whining like a baby everytime something bad happens. He ruined the entire Mirai Nikki. Fk him!
Sep 15, 2020 6:14 PM
Sep 2020
Eren or Joseph joestar.
eren crys and yells too much
joseph is just annoying i felt like skipping part 2 just because of how annyoing he was :/
Sep 16, 2020 6:55 AM

Sep 2017
Kirito, Deku and Itou Makoto exist*
IQ 25 people: oMG eReN iS tHE WorSt pRoTAgoNisT oF AlL tiME
خ
Sep 20, 2020 7:36 PM
Jun 2020
tfujszempaj said:
he was kinda annoying and screamed 90% of the time but i wouldnt call him a bad protagonist. i actually liked him cause he was realistic and if i was in same situation i would probably act similar
i heard he changed and developed a lot lately but idk cause i havent watched new season (not sure if its out yet) or read the manga

You should watch attack on titan season 3 part 2 it is a turning point of the story
Sep 25, 2020 11:53 PM

Apr 2020
I don't think that you have a good taste in protagonists but here is your answer
He gets better and better every season. I would like to know your how you feel about him after season 4 airs.
Sep 27, 2020 11:13 AM

Feb 2019
swardzO said:
I don't think that you have a good taste in protagonists but here is your answer
He gets better and better every season. I would like to know your how you feel about him after season 4 airs.

Hey eren is now one of my favourite protagonist
I'm now in team eren
Oct 8, 2020 2:42 AM

Apr 2017
Thread locked for breaking the rule 2 of Anime Discussion board:
Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:

a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead

Threads about whether particular character is good or bad just encourage conflict between fans of the character and the people who dislike them.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.