Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2020 1:56 PM

Feb 2020
I really wanted to discuss this case, the feeling that you don't want ot be a normal receiver you actually want to know everything that's unknown to most of the people and to disrespect the mainstream or popular things or sticking to the well-known strandeds thinking that this will make you better receiver than them and a deeper thinker and more intellectual why you just don't enjoy them and confess that they're good and acknowledge yourself more and more with under-appreciated things I don't have a problem of being unique ofc I mean I myself want to I don't want to be pretty normal but I mean the wrong way that the people take that in fact make them look like fools more than being interesting or different what y'all think about that ?!
Apr 1, 2020 2:03 PM
Dec 2010
Post your thoughts in clarity next time. Sincerely, what a mess read this is.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Apr 1, 2020 2:07 PM

Aug 2018
Had a brain aneurysm reading this, so I can't think about anything. Sorry...

If the whole thing was about people trying too hard to be unique, then people are stupid. That's all you need to know. Boring, uninteresting people try to go out of their way to seem different from everyone else. The typical person does not give a toss and just enjoys what they consume, does what they do, with little thought of whether or not an elitist "different" person has to say about them.

Everyone should be a typical person. But alas, we have bitter, broken people who wish to stay away from the norm, and say the best things in life are actually the worst. Because being different is oh-so-cool and gets a lot of reactions from others.
Apr 1, 2020 2:10 PM
Dec 2010
I rather be unique than be a piece of normalcy that is typical of most people.
Apr 1, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2017
i like be unique
that why i use a dvorak keyboard and a trackball mouse
and soon i want learn lojban :D
Apr 1, 2020 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
No one is unique. People who claim they are - are delusional and need some reality check.
Apr 1, 2020 2:39 PM

Jun 2016
People who consciously try to be unique oversimplify the concept of personality and assume that nurturing a big ball of disdain and hatred towards everything common somehow makes them worth more as a person. Truth is, nobody is completely unique, every single one of us has something in common with millions and even billions of people, trying to act as if you weren't just a random person among 7 billion others is pointless. The one thing that should matter is enjoying life and doing what you really want to do instead of trying your hardest to stand out. If you're a good person, you're gonna stand out one way or another, and that's miles better than being thought of as the weird edgy fella by everyone around you.
Yeah, the majority of us won't leave a mark in the history books, but who cares? The important thing is to be there for yourself and the people you hold dear, is that not a good thing to conform to?
Apr 1, 2020 2:42 PM

Feb 2020
BrightFlashLight said:

.My apologies if you had hard time reading this I'll make sure to make it more clear next time
I know you would rather be unique than just a norm ofc that's not my problem my problem is trying very hard in a fool way to be you understand the wrong actions that some people take thinking that they're different
Apr 1, 2020 2:45 PM

Feb 2020
InsipidAsh03 said:
Had a brain aneurysm reading this, so I can't think about anything. Sorry...

If the whole thing was about people trying too hard to be unique, then people are stupid. That's all you need to know. Boring, uninteresting people try to go out of their way to seem different from everyone else. The typical person does not give a toss and just enjoys what they consume, does what they do, with little thought of whether or not an elitist "different" person has to say about them.

Everyone should be a typical person. But alas, we have bitter, broken people who wish to stay away from the norm, and say the best things in life are actually the worst. Because being different is oh-so-cool and gets a lot of reactions from others.

Thanks you've got it that's what um trying to say
My apologies if you had hard time reading it
Apr 1, 2020 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
your op is really unique though lol
as to the matter, people are just bored and they have too much free time on their hands, i think we are unique even if we don't realize, people that are trying too hard may look stupid imo, they just want attention. You can be unique and never let people know you are unique
Apr 1, 2020 2:59 PM
Dec 2010
Marwanlkhaled said:
BrightFlashLight said:

.My apologies if you had hard time reading this I'll make sure to make it more clear next time
I know you would rather be unique than just a norm ofc that's not my problem my problem is trying very hard in a fool way to be you understand the wrong actions that some people take thinking that they're different

No need to apologize. For all I know, English may not be your main language.
As for people trying too hard to be unique, my take is some just takes it too far. So they come off as trying to push their uniqueness on you. As if trying to make people conform to your standards. Some are just insecure about their identities and others just want to push their beliefs. I'm sure being unique means embracing your own self as being different from others about how you conduct yourself. Comparing is just a mere tool some do to set themselves apart but rather they do it in a seemingly painful way for others to watch. Part of the process, I reckon.
Apr 1, 2020 3:02 PM

Feb 2020
Erg_Orgy said:
People who consciously try to be unique oversimplify the concept of personality and assume that nurturing a big ball of disdain and hatred towards everything common somehow makes them worth more as a person. Truth is, nobody is completely unique, every single one of us has something in common with millions and even billions of people, trying to act as if you weren't just a random person among 7 billion others is pointless. The one thing that should matter is enjoying life and doing what you really want to do instead of trying your hardest to stand out. If you're a good person, you're gonna stand out one way or another, and that's miles better than being thought of as the weird edgy fella by everyone around you.
Yeah, the majority of us won't leave a mark in the history books, but who cares? The important thing is to be there for yourself and the people you hold dear, is that not a good thing to conform to?
Catalano said:
your op is really unique though lol
as to the matter, people are just bored and they have too much free time on their hands, i think we are unique even if we don't realize, people that are trying too hard may look stupid imo, they just want attention. You can be unique and never let people know you are unique

I actually want to thank both of you bc you two are on the point
People don't have to try hard to look different bc they're already we're not alike and there's no one that's completely unique also every one is unique in his own ways everybody got his own taste,Methods and ways of enjoyment if he just act normal and do what please him or what he thinks it's right(be himself) rather than lowring others opinions and way of thinking.
Apr 1, 2020 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
thats my typical word salad when im at my worse symptoms sometimes lol

but wanting to be unique kinda relates to darwinism (one truth of the universe) the constant competition/struggle/survival for wanting to be on top to the point of you got no equal
Apr 1, 2020 3:18 PM

Sep 2014
All I can say is..
No one here is unique, even if they think they are...period!
Apr 1, 2020 3:22 PM
Feb 2017
___alex___ said:
All I can say is..
No one here is unique, even if they think they are...period!

I highly disagree. Everyone is different in some way and it is an impossibility that 2 people are identical.
Apr 1, 2020 3:56 PM

Feb 2018
we are all just sheep trying to be different from each other, some are just sheep with delusions of grandeur and others follow miserably to the fashions imposed by the state. We are all equal in the eyes of god, keep that in mind, God loves you anyway.
Apr 1, 2020 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
ysphyr said:
No one is unique. People who claim they are - are delusional and need some reality check.

I disagree. People are different. Everybody grew up differently, at different times, with different people and circumstances.

It would be IMPOSSIBLE for you not to be unique. I thought this was common sense... that's why every body you meet has a different personality.

Just be yourself OP. Because there isn't another you. I know that's cliche but it's so true.

This does connect to anime tho because a lot of anime have bland characters that act and feel the same. Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my favorite anime because each character feels so unique and has their own aura. Shoutout to Togashi.
Apr 1, 2020 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Try to organize your ideas next time you wanna post something.

It's not just about liking "uniqueness" or unique things, it's about liking actually good material. People who want to like unique things just for the "uniqueness" have actually no argument to defend their tastes, that might be just as shitty as the mainstream ones. Whoever brags about their super niche taste unironically, is just as much of a normie as the rest.
Apr 1, 2020 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Smacks said:
ysphyr said:

I disagree. People are different. Everybody grew up differently, at different times, with different people and circumstances.

It would be IMPOSSIBLE for you not to be unique. I thought this was common sense... that's why every body you meet has a different personality.

Just be yourself OP. Because there isn't another you. I know that's cliche but it's so true.

This does connect to anime tho because a lot of anime have bland characters that act and feel the same. Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my favorite anime because each character feels so unique and has their own aura. Shoutout to Togashi.

Yeah, yeah. You are unique in being you. The most generic answer possible.

But hey, you are entitled tp your opinion. I’m not gonna discourage you.
removed-userApr 1, 2020 10:23 PM
Apr 1, 2020 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
ysphyr said:

Lol it's not an opinion though. It's a scientific fact that we are all different physically, genetically, and mentally. Yea we might share similar traits and interests, in fact we share a lot in common. But that doesn't mean we are identical. That doesn't even make sense...
Apr 1, 2020 11:04 PM
Mar 2020
Meh! I was like that as a kid. Now I don't care about that.
There exists no future. What exists is possibility 🧐
Apr 1, 2020 11:13 PM
Jul 2018
Smacks said:
ysphyr said:

Lol it's not an opinion though. It's a scientific fact that we are all different physically, genetically, and mentally. Yea we might share similar traits and interests, in fact we share a lot in common. But that doesn't mean we are identical. That doesn't even make sense...

All that doesn’t make someone unique. Do you even know the definition of the word “unique”?
Apr 1, 2020 11:29 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
ysphyr said:
Smacks said:

All that doesn’t make someone unique. Do you even know the definition of the word “unique”?

I don't think the person you are quoting is wrong though. Maybe the word "unique" has a slightly different meaning or usage in your native language? Because in mine it's usually used to describe something that is exceptional in a very positive way and sometimes even as a synonym of "great/epic". I don't think that's (always) the case when it comes to English though.
Apr 1, 2020 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
149597871 said:
ysphyr said:

I don't think the person you are quoting is wrong though. Maybe the word "unique" has a slightly different meaning or usage in your native language? Because in mine it's usually used to describe something that is exceptional in a very positive way and sometimes even as a synonym of "great/epic". I don't think that's (always) the case when it comes to English though.

Unique has the same meaning in every language - one of a kind. Being slightly different doesn’t make someone unique or special.
Apr 1, 2020 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
I ran out of breath reading this. Is the period on your keyboard's broken? Lol

Well, you talked about mainstream/popular things. Upon observation, there are (3) types of people who'll react to these.

(1) The obsessed with being unique - Those who actively stay away from anything mainstream, without even checking out for themselves, because it seems shallow to them, it will ruin their social media presence, it will make them look unintelligent etc.
(2) The obsessed with mainstream - Those who try everything even if they don't like it at first, or not at all, to keep up with the mainstream (I feel like most of them overcompensate for their lack of identity/passion)
(3) The best type - Basically the honest ones, the ones who just enjoy things regardless of what other people think.

I don't wanna prolong my thoughts, basically it all boils down to being honest with yourself. You may be type 1, unique a a snowflake, but deep down you're just as bad as type 2.
Apr 2, 2020 12:13 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
ysphyr said:
149597871 said:

Unique has the same meaning in every language - one of a kind. Being slightly different doesn’t make someone unique or special.

This isn't a very productive conversation but I guess it's based on what you are looking for in the first place. If you judge people entirely based on let's say the number of eye sockets they have then yes, you most likely aren't going to find any "unique" individuals.

Anyway, don't think of it as having illustrious and unparalleled qualities or extremely rare mutations that make people doubt your humanity because I don't think that's what the topic is about even though OP is a mess if I have to be honest. Think of it as just being different and unusual or perhaps nonconformist.
Apr 2, 2020 12:18 AM

May 2013
I commend you making your post a paragraph and sentence. 10/10 smallest brick I have seen.

-----------------------------------

I think it comes from we are told how unique we are from birth and the thought of being 1 of a million instead of 1 in a million is a haunting idea.

Also there is the whole incongruent methods we learn to be unique. We go to school to be churned out to be a good slave worker and be uniform while we are pacified with the idea of being unique. Tis a shame. But there is nothing wrong with not being unique and we should be learning that too.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 2, 2020 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
149597871 said:
Think of it as just being different and unusual or perhaps nonconformist.

There are literally millions of people who think of themselves that way. They are still more or less the same.
I don't see why are you so opposed to that, it's not a bad thing in any way
Apr 2, 2020 12:42 AM

Jul 2016
So, if I've read this right, your problem basically amounts to you being angry that some people don't like the popular shows that you liked? That's not being 'unique' that's being human. Who are you to say the people trying to be 'unique' aren't genuine in their opinions?

Well, that was a long walk down a windy beach to a café that was closed.
Apr 2, 2020 1:10 AM

Apr 2020
i thought op didn't want to be unique?

in any case, it feels good feeling like a special snowflake.
Keep it simple, stupid.
Apr 2, 2020 2:02 AM

Jun 2016
Man, these kind of discussions are as pointless as people saying that unpopular opinions are pointless.

First of all, for all those who believe not in the individualism of the person, then I wonder why one would be on this site anyway.
If nobody is special then why should art exist? Why should we care about art if there's no unique individual - everyone would be able to make this stuff, nobody would be amazed or intrigued by anything... but this stuff doesn't work like this.

Picasso, Gauguin, Barnett Newman, Magritte - why are these people even such important artists if not for how they decided to showcase their unique ideas?
We can't just call another random mangaka and get them to continue Berserker and have the manga's quality not drop nor can we really get Kenji Nakamura and ask him to be the next Masaaki Yuasa.

Everyone is shaped by the culture of their place of birth, the one where they live, the experiences - no brain is like the other, and the more one experiences, the merrier... after that it's just a matter of learning how to best exhibit your ego.
Sure not everyone is interested in this kind of stuff, but I don't really see anything wrong in trying to be unique as long as you don't try to be cringy about it without having any artistic inspiration.

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

Apr 2, 2020 2:06 AM

Feb 2020
A_Sad_Dust_Cloud said:
So, if I've read this right, your problem basically amounts to you being angry that some people don't like the popular shows that you liked? That's not being 'unique' that's being human. Who are you to say the people trying to be 'unique' aren't genuine in their opinions?

Well, that was a long walk down a windy beach to a café that was closed.

In fact I'm not angry with anyone and why I would even be lol everyone got the right to like and dislike anything however it's popular or not I myself disliked popular shows and artists my problem is with the "obsession " the wrong concept that some people not all of them put in their mind and try hardly to follow it,I don't have a problem with any opinion btw even if I disagree with.
Apr 2, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
uniqueness is subjective
just like beauty
everyone is unique doesn't apply to all btw

some people are deemed to be normal
yes i just made a contradictory statement
Apr 2, 2020 12:53 PM
Jul 2018

ysphyr said:
Smacks said:

Lol what. That's the meaning of being unique. Scientifically.
If you don't have a twin, you are genitically unique and genetics makes up a part of your personality as well.
If you have a twin, you are still unique, because it changes over your lifetime, or better saying how the dna is read, and since they aren't making the exact same experiences, their personality and views on the world are shaped differently too.
So, it's just a fact.

ysphyr said:
Smacks said:

Edginess is pretty generic today and it falls apart, when this just becomes illogical and incorrect.
Apr 2, 2020 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Maneki-Mew said:

ysphyr said:

If you don't have a twin, you are genitically unique and genetics makes up a part of your personality as well.
If you have a twin, you are still unique, because it changes over your lifetime, or better saying how the dna is read, and since they aren't making the exact same experiences, their personality and views on the world are shaped differently too.
So, it's just a fact.

ysphyr said:

Edginess is pretty generic today and it falls apart, when this just becomes illogical and incorrect.

I'm over this discussion, it's getting boring. If you want to be a special snowflake - I don't mind, go for it.
Apr 2, 2020 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
You can go on believing you are another statistic, or you can tap into the power that everybody is inherently born with, but most choose to ignore that human ability, because it's hard work and most people would rather be drifters, not fighters.

Saying you're not talented enough to be an artist is just an excuse for laziness. But it's okay. We're all gonna die one day and none of this should be taken too seriously.

We all have something unique to bring to the table. This is why we watch anime and read manga, this is why we listen to music, and look at art. Every one has their own *style*.

The word unique to me just means different. And we're all different, whether you like it or not.
Young_KurdApr 2, 2020 1:44 PM
Apr 2, 2020 3:34 PM

Feb 2020
Alpha_Trannery said:
I commend you making your post a paragraph and sentence. 10/10 smallest brick I have seen.

I think it comes from we are told how unique we are from birth and the thought of being 1 of a million instead of 1 in a million is a haunting idea.

Also there is the whole incongruent methods we learn to be unique. We go to school to be churned out to be a good slave worker and be uniform while we are pacified with the idea of being unique. Tis a shame. But there is nothing wrong with not being unique and we should be learning that too.
TheMariqua said:
Man, these kind of discussions are as pointless as people saying that unpopular opinions are pointless.

First of all, for all those who believe not in the individualism of the person, then I wonder why one would be on this site anyway.
If nobody is special then why should art exist? Why should we care about art if there's no unique individual - everyone would be able to make this stuff, nobody would be amazed or intrigued by anything... but this stuff doesn't work like this.

Picasso, Gauguin, Barnett Newman, Magritte - why are these people even such important artists if not for how they decided to showcase their unique ideas?
We can't just call another random mangaka and get them to continue Berserker and have the manga's quality not drop nor can we really get Kenji Nakamura and ask him to be the next Masaaki Yuasa.

Everyone is shaped by the culture of their place of birth, the one where they live, the experiences - no brain is like the other, and the more one experiences, the merrier... after that it's just a matter of learning how to best exhibit your ego.
Sure not everyone is interested in this kind of stuff, but I don't really see anything wrong in trying to be unique as long as you don't try to be cringy about it without having any artistic inspiration.
Smacks said:
You can go on believing you are another statistic, or you can tap into the power that everybody is inherently born with, but most choose to ignore that human ability, because it's hard work and most people would rather be drifters, not fighters.

Saying you're not talented enough to be an artist is just an excuse for laziness. But it's okay. We're all gonna die one day and none of this should be taken too seriously.

We all have something unique to bring to the table. This is why we watch anime and read manga, this is why we listen to music, and look at art. Every one has their own *style*.

The word unique to me just means different. And we're all different, whether you like it or not.

I still don't understand why some of you got me wrong I'm not against being different or bringing smth new or doing something pretty impressive and yes we are different and Everyone has the chance to come up with smth that's not totally original but great I actually encourage not following the normal standards blindly without improvements so we can develop I just wanted to differentiate between someone who's creative and someone who's trying to pretend in cringy unseful way that's it thank y'all for your opinions and I hope you've got my point
Apr 3, 2020 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
ysphyr said:
Maneki-Mew said:

So, it's just a fact.

I'm over this discussion, it's getting boring. If you want to be a special snowflake - I don't mind, go for it.

Girl, I just gave you facts. I rather would be worried, if most people were actual clons of each other.

Marwanlkhaled said:
Alpha_Trannery said:

TheMariqua said:

Smacks said:

I still don't understand why some of you got me wrong I'm not against being different or bringing smth new or doing something pretty impressive and yes we are different and Everyone has the chance to come up with smth that's not totally original but great I actually encourage not following the normal standards blindly without improvements so we can develop I just wanted to differentiate between someone who's creative and someone who's trying to pretend in cringy unseful way that's it thank y'all for your opinions and I hope you've got my point

It's more about the middle way.
I really dislike it, when people are blending in at all cost and all the time, because they are scared of perceived as "being different" (at least, as long you don't bring yourself in danger actually). It's so ... bourgeois, it's so boring.
But people, who aren't growing out of their "I'm so different and nobody understands that", it's just pretty exhausting, because it's just for the sake of it and not what it really is.
Also, sometimes people, who don't care at all, what others say about them, are just not able to get critic in a way, when others say: "This and that behavior you show is hurtful."
And they just reply: "I don't care what anyone thinks of me!"

It's not that hard: It's either boring or incredibly exhausting. Or no wait, hipsters, who hate on everything popular, because a lot of other people like it, are just very boring too. Either way, you are making yourself absolutely dependent on other people's opinion.
But it's still good to be somewhat open to a change and listen to others sometimes.
Apr 3, 2020 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
the concept of promoting uniqueness as some sort of quality is cheap fuel for one's self-esteem

in fact, calling someone unique or implicating some kind of normalcy among anyone is a hasty generalization of themselves and everyone else
in the end, we're all just mediocre
Apr 5, 2020 12:52 PM
May 2016
but its non uniqueness makes me dislike it, so I can't like it...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

25 by ISeeLifePeople »»
15 seconds ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
6 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
12 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
2 hours ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.