Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2020 2:51 AM

Feb 2018
So, I was thinking about all the manga I've read and there are quite a few that I kind of just forget about. They weren't terrible or anything but they just don't take up any space in my memories. To contrast this there are always one or two moments from a particular series that always stand out to me.

For example there is a moment volume two of Kimi ni Todoke when Sawako confronts the rumors about her two friends in the girls bathroom and fuck man it's just a powerful scene that frankly tops every other scene in the manga(Not to say that there wasn't a whole bunch of great moments but that tops them all)

There are so many moments in Machida-kun no Sekai that also hit me hard primarily because the stuff Machida says to people are all the things I wish someone would say to me

Also the one shot Present by Kurata Uso makes me tear up everytime I read it because it just hits me so hard. Anyway, what manga moments slam you to the ground?(Try not to spoil to much, don't want to ruin a potential manga moment for someone else)

Feb 25, 2020 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
i haven't read too much but I'd say in the Nana manga, AI Yazawa often dissects the different ways in which people love and I often felt called out lol.
Feb 25, 2020 8:07 AM

Sep 2019
Everytime an arc ends in Oyasumi Punpun, i'd either be mad, frustrated or just sad cuz it's too damn depressing.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 25, 2020 1:38 PM
Dec 2018
Any character death from Vagabond (short of one mischievous old woman) was really impactful for me. Each one had great development and motives, so seeing them go was painful in some way, even if Mushashi was the one to kill them.
One, "sleep it better than humans," says Shukaku.
Two, burning in fire, Matatabi.
Three, leave the water to Isobu.
Four, hot as lava, Son Goku.
Five, always on the run, Kokuo
Six, taking it easy and not in a, Saiken.
Seven, the flying leaf insect, Chomei.
Eight, "Yeah!" is all it needs, Gyuki.
Nine, "ko-kon" cries the mighty Kurama.
Feb 25, 2020 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
When Kurosawa from the Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa`fights the disrespectful kiddies with his inner monologue, Fukumoto Nobuyuki Made my favorite manga character to be a literal boomer no joke.
Feb 26, 2020 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
Chapter 330 from Berserk.

The one with Chich.. it broke my heart.. I always tear up when I read this chapter and see Chich, especially in her introduction when she's seen hiding behind her flower, when she smiles.. just ..

There are many moments from Berserk that hit me hard.. anyway one of the first such moments was when Guts is cursed by Theresia and she takes a vow of vengeance, Guts accepts and is seen walking away on the verge of tears..

Another is during his childhood when he makes an escape from Gambino's soldiers, he's badly injured and is laying on his back looking up at the stars.. for some reason, that is Guts for me.. and IDK why, it's something that touched my heart deeply.

There are plenty such moments from Berserk, I wouldn't be able to mention them..it would make for a huge post lol..

The final chapter from Kagen no Tsuki.. and a certain chapter or segment where Mizuki longs for Adam and decides to leave with him in the beginning.. And some other moments.. it was personally, an emotional manga overall lol.
Feb 26, 2020 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
A singular panel from Berserk where Casca embraces Guts after he reveals how he was raped as a child. It's one of only two pieces of media in my entire life that genuinely made me cry. Not just tear up, I mean full on bawling. It was the most poignant expression of romantic love and understanding that I've ever seen.
Feb 26, 2020 12:46 PM

Oct 2018
That one section from the begining of Goblin Slayer made me tougher now.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Feb 27, 2020 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
in Oyasumi Punpun.
Take care of yourself

Feb 27, 2020 4:08 AM

May 2015

- Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

hit me right in the feels
BakaDorayakiFeb 27, 2020 4:12 AM
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Feb 27, 2020 5:07 AM

Jan 2020
Several scenes from Berserk have hit me hard.Guts' horrific past and the way he was betrayed by the person that he considered his best companion has certainly made me cry a few times.

But if I were to pick one,it would be the scene of one of the initial chapters where Theresia curses Guts for his doing and takes a vow of vengeance and then Guts is seen walking away on the verge of tears.

It might not be that big of a deal to others,but I really teared up at that scene.It hit me pretty hard.
Feb 27, 2020 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
readin kodomo no jikan left me feelin depressed for like a week, cuz >tfw no qt loving gf.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 27, 2020 8:14 PM

Apr 2013

Feb 27, 2020 9:08 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Volvagia in the Ocarina of Time manga.

I would have loved backstory like this in the actual game.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Feb 27, 2020 11:49 PM

Oct 2019
sailor iron mouses death.
Bro she was only in a few episodes as well :(((
Feb 28, 2020 12:55 AM

Feb 2018
The-Mighty-Ranzo said:
So, I was thinking about all the manga I've read and there are quite a few that I kind of just forget about. They weren't terrible or anything but they just don't take up any space in my memories. To contrast this there are always one or two moments from a particular series that always stand out to me.

For example there is a moment volume two of Kimi ni Todoke when Sawako confronts the rumors about her two friends in the girls bathroom and fuck man it's just a powerful scene that frankly tops every other scene in the manga(Not to say that there wasn't a whole bunch of great moments but that tops them all)

There are so many moments in Machida-kun no Sekai that also hit me hard primarily because the stuff Machida says to people are all the things I wish someone would say to me

Also the one shot Present by Kurata Uso makes me tear up everytime I read it because it just hits me so hard. Anyway, what manga moments slam you to the ground?(Try not to spoil to much, don't want to ruin a potential manga moment for someone else)

Night of Galactic Railroad arc from https://myanimelist.net/manga/112115/Act-age
Apr 23, 2020 6:45 AM

Dec 2019
Just finished Killing stalking (manhwa) today & uhh the whole thing hit me hard. It was so messed up in every way holy shit I cant
Apr 26, 2020 8:32 AM

Sep 2018
Many many scenes in Oyasumi Punpun. I will never forget chapter 113.

Never.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
17 minutes ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
37 minutes ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.