Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2020 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, a cat cafe. Of course this anime would eventually get one as part of its episode. Cute maid outfit though.

They really gave Momo the chance to shine this episode :D
Feb 20, 2020 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
Mouse toy was used to capture main cat in taking vaccines. Change in hair in winter and brushing... It seems like Hanazawa-san's character is afraid of getting fat.

Having too much free time, even there's no one coming to the cafe. It seems like there's a cat cafe next village and the new character attracting people including Maeno-san's character who is supposed to like Hanazawa-san's character. The cat was a stray cat who use show to attract customers for every cat there until finding the owner. He? She? seems to like Hanazawa-san's character.

ED: "Kitty's cutie!" by Momo Hanasaki (CV: Kana Hanazawa)

One story next.
https://twitter.com/uchitama_anime/status/1230528789656064002
Edit:
OMG!! Nora Ep.!
https://twitter.com/uchitama_anime/status/1231866354313105408
tsubasaloverFeb 24, 2020 4:41 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 20, 2020 10:38 AM
Sep 2015
I'm gonna guess that Kai will comeback at some point because Kai was adopted by someone in the same neighborhood.

What I really don't know is Kai's biological gender, Kai has female voice actress though. But Kai's sexual orientation is probably pansexual.

The idea of bringing homeless cats to make a show to find adopter is brilliant, but it's illegal to do the same for human.
Feb 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Everyone thought Tama got kidnapped. But he only got vaccinated.

Kai seemed like a great character and I hope we get to see in the future.

Feb 20, 2020 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
Momo-chan was the star this time. With her treats, I mean, "winter fur" and her meeting with Kai. A pity she couldn't say goodbye after getting to know more about his circumstances. But she tried. And I love that Bull fell for him like he fell for Momo-chan. xD I mean, he was on the team that perceived him as a man, but was still head over heels. lol But I like that they agreed that it doesn't matter all that much if Kai is a guy or a girl. Good thing he found a home by the way. I wish Nora could too. ):
Feb 20, 2020 6:22 PM

Jan 2016
Bull's a Bi/Pansexual icon... I love it.

I kinda like this anime. There's no story at all, just some cute cats and dogs doing random stuff. A real break from all the other anime I'm watching this season that have stories.
Feb 20, 2020 8:49 PM

Jan 2010
Was not expecting to get some positive bi/pan-rep at the end there with a show like this? xD

I mean Bull flat out said he fell in love with Kai and referred to Kai as a "man". Before that I noticed none of the other characters referred to Kai by their gender, even Momo who fell in love with Kai.

It was so wholesome to see everyone at the end deciding that it didn't matter what Kai's gender was. If you ignore the fact that Kai is a cat, I'd say they were non-binary. Since I don't understand Japanese, and have to rely on subtitles, I wonder of the dialogue gendered Kai. I know gender-neutral words can be used.

Never thought I'd be making a comment like this about an anime about cute dogs and cats haha.
Feb 21, 2020 1:20 AM

Oct 2008
Bull & Momo unexpectedly got too close to Kai...that was cute and as well sad because of Kai's departure.
5/5.

Feb 21, 2020 8:06 AM

Oct 2017
Momo's winter fur part was funny. Neko cafe and Kai's part was good. The twist at the end was nice.
Feb 23, 2020 12:18 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm nice concept
Feb 23, 2020 9:36 AM
Sir Candy

Dec 2015
What a cute episode. I loled when they were talking about winter fur, and Nora said he licks himself (to get rid of it) and everyone was like wow, so mature.

Also, Kai was super cute, I hope we get to see them more in the future. And I'm amazed by the fact that we got a bi character (even though he's technically a dog... but he also loves cats!), and I guess Kai could be refered as non-binary. Can't know for sure though because we don't know what Kai themself thinks.
自由になる場所が知っている
Feb 29, 2020 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
Such a sweet idea for a cat cafe - help stray kitties to find home. Kai got adopted, now it's Nora's turn!
Mar 13, 2020 7:08 PM
Mar 2012
Bull's love going beyond species & gender.
Heartwarming reveal of Kai & for the cafe to help adoption this way.
Lol Momo reactions & ed made the episode.
Apr 10, 2020 6:28 AM

Apr 2012
Eh, I thought that everyone was already aware of the target audience of this show and should have immediately seen how this episode refers to Takarazuka and otokoyaku's stuff. But no, people saw this as a positive queer representation, lol. Okey.

jd2001z said:
Bull's a Bi/Pansexual icon... I love it.

Oh lol, it's not even Mulan's case. He continues to be in love with Momo, so if you want to see him as bi, then you have to conclude that he is a pretty promiscuous guy.

@Larjus Bull has always canonically loved only Momo. In this case, it is akogare, a passionate admiration, not a romantic crush. And here we are not talking about any gender identity. This is a nod to Takarazuka, so if Kai is a man, then this is a complete cis, if she is a woman, then this is just a stage male person.

@phantomfandom androgynous characters always have a female voice, as this obviously will not work with a male one. Moreover, Kai is the intentional cameo of Hiromi Nanami, actual otokoyaku from Takarazuka Revue. In any case, I think that talking about his / her sexuality in this case is completely useless. Kai shows real interest only in Momo, so the only canonical assumption can only be straight / gay.

@Chickengirl You read too deeply. This episode is a homage to Takarazuka Revue, who are known for straight girls developing crush for their actresses who played male roles. To a certain extent, this is considered completely normal, since Japanese culture considers the androgynous crush to be a completely heterosexual thing. In other words, Momo develops crush on Kai as a person with a masculine personality, and in fact all ambiguity was added only at the end. And if you could notice, about “gender does not matter” say those characters who did not show any hint of any romantic interest in Kai, so this most likely meant the unimportance of gender in evaluating a person, not romance.

As for your assumptions about the language, during the conversation about dancing with Momo, Kai uses masculine pronoun in gentle manner, but in the context I have already mentioned, this almost does not play a role. In any way, I understand that Westerners are usually little aware of Japanese culture and constantly “find” various progressive messages in anime and manga, but this episode is completely Japanese thing.
RobertBobertApr 10, 2020 7:54 AM
May 1, 2020 10:36 PM

Jul 2015
Still confused which gender Kai is, oh well it doesn't matter all that matters is that we all love Kai!

Dec 23, 2023 1:16 PM
Oct 2023
i absolutely adore all these characters sm :((((
nora is everything to me...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka? Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2020

20 by luviendsol »»
Jan 1, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka? Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

12 by luviendsol »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka? Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

25 by luviendsol »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka? Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2020

19 by LadyLeeMing »»
Nov 11, 2022 9:52 AM

Poll: » Uchi Tama?! Uchi no Tama Shirimasen ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

53 by LadyLeeMing »»
Nov 7, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.