Forum Settings
Forums

Times when you demonstrated a 300 IQ and the opposite

New
Feb 12, 2020 11:14 PM

Oct 2010
Were there random times when you were so smart you fixed the problem in a jiffy like a total expert, ever surprising yourself? And the opposite, times when you made a fool out of yourself and acted dumb as rocks.

For me it's the lather (I don't remember smart things), I befriended a girl (lets call her girl A) just to be close to her best friend (girl B because I liked her), then, girl B moved away because of her work and I was stuck with girl A who thought I was interested in a relationship with her. That was the dumbest thing I ever done
Feb 13, 2020 1:15 AM

Mar 2011
Time I demonstrated 300 IQ: Here during circumcision topic.

Times demonstrated the Opposite: Inline at the grocery; Cashier says "Paper or Plastic?", Me "Uh..a bag?"

This is how I do life.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Feb 13, 2020 1:25 AM

Jul 2016
I feel smart when i make a clever joke with one of my forum posts.

Dumb moments....too many to count.
Feb 13, 2020 1:41 AM

Jul 2016
300iq: When i win a roblox battle royal with my friends

Opposite: There was a small and a big map of our school on the wall, my friend ask me why they woud hang two maps. I said the big one was for blind people...

I instant regret those words
Feb 13, 2020 1:44 AM

Oct 2010
Tanatloc said:
Opposite: There was a small and a big map of our school on the wall, my friend ask me why they woud hang two maps. I said the big one was for blind people...

I instant regraded those words

As a glasses wearer, I can tell you a big map is very helpful. But it's still funny
Feb 13, 2020 1:56 AM

Mar 2019
Basically every game of chess I've ever played, I usually play with my friends and in the club and sometimes I'm ultimate big brain god other times I'm basically okuyasu from Jojo
Feb 13, 2020 4:00 AM

Jul 2016
i... i have never had a 300 IQ moment, at least i cant remember it now... now im sad :(

lots of awkward moments tho (and i always make it harder for myself)

take this for example:

i walk into store, see guy in front of me AND I SAY HELLO

i thought he is the owner but he had UNIFORMS ON, he was just street sweeper

now there is nothing wrong with saying hello, kinda weird but its not that bad

BUT NO, I HAVE TO FUCK IT UP MORE

i turn my head in panic (im talking VISIBLE AND OBVIOUS PANIC) and see the owner sitting behind his desk smiling

i make eye contact

i try to say hello

i cant, it just doesn't come out

the owner asks "can i help u?"

and what do i do? i fuckin WALK OUT without saying anything
necro_dancerFeb 13, 2020 4:36 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2020 4:19 AM

Oct 2010
necro_dancer said:
i... i have never had a 300 IQ moment, at least i cant remember it now... now im sad :(

lots of awkward moments tho (and i always make it harder for myself)

take this for example:

i walk into star, see guy in front of me AND I SAY HELLO

i thought he is the owner but he had UNIFORMS ON, he was just street sweeper

now there is nothing wrong with saying hello, kinda weird but its not that bad

BUT NO, I HAVE TO FUCK IT UP MORE

i turn my head in panic (im talking VISIBLE AND OBVIOUS PANIC) and see the owner sitting behind his desk smiling

i make eye contact

i try to say hello

i cant, it just doesn't come out

the owner asks "can i help u?"

and what do i do? i fuckin WALK OUT without saying anything

What a weird and funny situation, forgive me for I laughed a little. Now I recall when I started working reception at a hotel, there was an old lady talking to my colleagues and suddenly I went: "are you some sort of a boss in here?" Everyone smiled because she was the owner and 2nd in command od that hotel lol. I don't know why I talked like that, I'm very polite at work.
Feb 13, 2020 4:50 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah, it was when my best friend dropped by our house that one summer Sunday afternoon in 2012. Said his hellos and how-are-yous before going down to business about some problem he and his mom had been having with their Internet connection, and asked me to come and try to fix it for them, since I may know something about it.

So, there I cycled my way to their house with him, which is about 12 km away from home. I arrived to the scene and immediately took my seat on their nice comfy office chair in front of their PC, before explaining to me the whole story of what they've been going through that's been causing their migraines for the past 3 hours.

They'd been trying to get access to the Internet and already searched every website they know of, but they always get the same error. His mom said they restarted the router many times hoping it'll miraculously fixed the problem. The lights were all green though, but nope, still that same error again, she continued.

I've asked them if they've already contacted their ISP's tech support. They did, but every step they followed as they're instructed to do didn't go anywhere, and had pretty much lost their cool when they're advised to wait for their "IT handymen" to personally diagnose and repair the problem within 7 days by the end of the call. They're really getting desperate at that point, since they need it for some very important matter.

Since we obviously got no connection to Google it instead and smartphones weren't still a thing that could've been a lifesaver with the blessings of mobile data—and the fact we also went through the same problem the reason I was called for help—I used the stuff that I still remember which I took notes of when our connection got fixed by technicians should ever it happen again.

Went first through the Control Panel to get to Internet Options and checked if there have been any changes, in case we may have overlooked that. None changed, since they never really bothered with it at all and just did what they thought would get it to work properly again.

And with that out of the way, I opened the command prompt to actually get started for real and did /ipconfig and all that technical stuff to reset their IP address confident enough that that would do it this time. However, I was left disappointed that it didn't.

Now, I opened the browser to configure it directly through their built-in portal as it was called which can be only accessed there. Tried to reset it there assuming the ISP may have secretly rigged it to force us to use it. But, even with all those buttons and shit you'd use to make a form on Visual Basic that's supposed to work for this thing, it's still the same crap it's been showing. I was getting frustrated.

I wanted to take a break after tinkering through whatever means I can to fix it, but still got that strong urge to do so and just stared at the screen for a moment to get around this hopelessness I've been feeling, and think. And there, I beheld something that's been hiding in plain sight all along.

I never noticed the damn date & time was out of sync by a few years that had something to do with that damn expired certificate error they've been getting. Finally adjusted it, and what do you know? We got Internet!

They were surprised, myself included. Apparently, they never mentioned they had their PC reformatted, and the technician must have forgotten to fix the date & time. And I was there, sitting for about 20 minutes, getting all worked up which they're beginning to worry that I might soon throw that poor chair out of the streets from the look on my face. We just laughed off the ridiculousness of the situation.

Still got a huge treat in the end for helping them, and I was happy enough I get to slurp his mom's delicious creamy carbonara again to satiate my hunger after cycling through many uphills just to get to their house—The things I'd do for my best friend.
Feb 13, 2020 2:13 PM
May 2016
was girl A that bad, though? she was actually interested in you??? I is jealous

anyway, 300 IQ when I was able to find out the current identity of someone whom I used to watch on YouTube years ago, who deleted his channel. I found his current identity through the wayback machine and googling. It took many steps; it was so cool

opposite: I just got banned from epicmafia. They accuse me of game throwing; I don't game throw, I just suck at the game. I'm so terrible at the game that they think I'm losing on purpose!
Feb 13, 2020 2:21 PM

Oct 2019
300IQ when I calculated the probability of pokemon drops. felt like a champ.
-----100IQ when I ran into a glass door yesterday thinking it was a sliding door.
Feb 13, 2020 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
I can't think of a concrete example, but in the vast majority of instances, the very bright flashes of insight have come after having actually bothered to think about the problem in the first place and also in a relaxed state of mind, rather than being too stuck in thoughts.

On the contrary, stupidity gets demonstrated the easiest when I'm too lazy/unmotivated to think about something

@Konradikon: Not sure if it was your story or something you picked up from somewhere or whether it was legit, but that's a good example of stupidity. The command is "ipconfig" (without the quote marks), so no wonder it didn't work. Also, it seems like the author has never heard of "ping" or of trying out another device directly at the router and then going from there
Feb 13, 2020 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
300 iq is when i remember a particular doujin and find it after arduous searching

there's not much after that
Feb 14, 2020 2:18 AM
Dec 2010
What are you talking about? I'm always stupid.

Smart moments are nothing more than a facade to hide my insecurities.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Feb 14, 2020 2:38 AM

Jan 2017
No clue what a 300 iq play would even be, in my opinion I'd consider something like the neurocam scheme when I think of high IQ plays [and I've done nothing near that obviously]

I guess the time when I became a traveling merchant of old looking for old oddities and flipping for profit comes to mind, on one occasion I manged to find a large "metal" lamp for $2 and despite seeing no common markings on it I acid tested it myself and found it tested positive for sterling and ended up flipping it for $80. Obviously not that much profit but when you consider how much people check shit nowdays and the internet being a thing people have gotten too smart :/

Low IQ? can't really think of any moments I completely short-circuited, I'd say most of my pain comes from whiffing clutches in games or stupid shit like that lol
Feb 14, 2020 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
What does it tell about me that I wanted to turn off the sun a few weeks ago? I thought the lights in the room are on, turned them on and off a few times and wondered that it's still so bright. Then I realized that the sun shone through my window.
To my defense, it was like 7.30 am and I was used to the darkness in winter.
Feb 22, 2020 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
how I want to perceive myself most of the time: 300 IQ
the way I probably come across in reality: -300 IQ

More topics from this board

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

26 by MeanMrMusician »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

42 by cyandaqil »»
22 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

69 by neol3 »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

63 by cyandaqil »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

29 by cyandaqil »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.