Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 29, 2020 11:50 AM
Jun 2017
WTH is this ? According to the description it's both Bungo and FMAlchemist, So, Is this based on the game or a different thing ? I've got zero info about this but If they done it right it might be one of the best things I've ever wanted to watch, Don't let us down plz 🙌
No matter what this is they should've hired the same voice actors, 4me no one will be better than Mamo to do Dazai, JS.
and If someone has any info plz add them frequently 🙏
Jan 30, 2020 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
MOna-Dazai said:
WTH is this ? According to the description it's both Bungo and FMAlchemist, So, Is this based on the game or a different thing ? I've got zero info about this but If they done it right it might be one of the best things I've ever wanted to watch, Don't let us down plz 🙌
No matter what this is they should've hired the same voice actors, 4me no one will be better than Mamo to do Dazai, JS.

If you would have checked up properly the anime info, there reads it's based on a game (which has a wikia too btw, if you just google the series name). It's a game that first started as browser game in 2016, but expanded to mobile platforms eventually.

It has nothing to do with Bungou Stray Dogs or FullMetal Alchemist. It's its own series about modern Japanese writers brought back to life (by a Special Duty Librarian with alchemy powers) to fight and save their literature from beings called Taints, that are trying to erase their works and their whole existence from our history. The characters aren't like Bungou Stray Dogs characters, who are just borrowing names from real people. BunAl (Bungou to Alchemist) on the other hand has been trying its best to be loyal to the real-life writers. And out of all Bungou-related series there exists, it's been doing very good job with that. Trust me, Bungou Stray Dogs is just one of many series with character named Dazai Osamu but only handful are trying to be loyal to the real-life Dazai.
Feb 1, 2020 5:25 AM
Jun 2017
Haganeproductio said:
MOna-Dazai said:

If you would have checked up properly the anime info, there reads it's based on a game (which has a wikia too btw, if you just google the series name). It's a game that first started as browser game in 2016, but expanded to mobile platforms eventually.

It has nothing to do with Bungou Stray Dogs or FullMetal Alchemist. It's its own series about modern Japanese writers brought back to life (by a Special Duty Librarian with alchemy powers) to fight and save their literature from beings called Taints, that are trying to erase their works and their whole existence from our history. The characters aren't like Bungou Stray Dogs characters, who are just borrowing names from real people. BunAl (Bungou to Alchemist) on the other hand has been trying its best to be loyal to the real-life writers. And out of all Bungou-related series there exists, it's been doing very good job with that. Trust me, Bungou Stray Dogs is just one of many series with character named Dazai Osamu but only handful are trying to be loyal to the real-life Dazai.

I actually found out about it from Google and I've been trying to understand the story from the description here but it wasn't as clear as you explained it cuz I don't know the game proper story so yeah I did read it.

And It's not that Bungo Stray Dogs aren't loyal but From your explanation it's a completely different thing so I don't get why the attack if you knew from the beginning they're different !!! Cuz Kafka took some of their materials and qualities and did something so great with it.

And you don't have to talk like that cuz it won't hurt you to be nice as long as you gonna answer and till you know if am asking just cuz I'm bored to search or not even if so u still have no right to be like that!!!

Anyway, I mean no harm just wanted to point somethings out and Thanks a lot for the explanation.
MOna-DazaiFeb 1, 2020 5:32 AM
Feb 1, 2020 8:25 AM

Oct 2012
MOna-Dazai said:
And It's not that Bungo Stray Dogs aren't loyal but From your explanation it's a completely different thing so I don't get why the attack if you knew from the beginning they're different !!! Cuz Kafka took some of their materials and qualities and did something so great with it.

That is true, but mostly they are just namesakes. Nothing to do with the real authors beside the fact they are borrowig name and might have a character trait or two from them. Which is the biggest difference between the series and I wanted to point that out, because during these +3 years when BunAl has existed, many people have right away assumed it has something to do with Bunsuto. It feels like as if people don't know what the "bungou" in the series' name means, not to mention it's not owned by Bunsuto in the first place. Yet many seem to think so when they see BunAl or other bungou series.

MOna-Dazai said:
And you don't have to talk like that cuz it won't hurt you to be nice as long as you gonna answer and till you know if am asking just cuz I'm bored to search or not even if so u still have no right to be like that!!!

Anyway, I mean no harm just wanted to point somethings out and Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I wasn't even attacking though? Just kindly explaining and trying to avoid the usual misunderstanding there happens when explaining about the series. What is there that you felt like to be so threatening? If it's about pointing out differences between series, then you maybe should read my message again in more positive tone. I'm not here to fight anyone.
Feb 1, 2020 11:59 AM
Jun 2017
[quote=Haganeproductio]
MOna-Dazai said:
Haganeproductio said:

That is true, but mostly they are just namesakes. Nothing to do with the real authors beside the fact they are borrowig name and might have a character trait or two from them. Which is the biggest difference between the series and I wanted to point that out, because during these +3 years when BunAl has existed, many people have right away assumed it has something to do with Bunsuto. It feels like as if people don't know what the "bungou" in the series' name means, not to mention it's not owned by Bunsuto in the first place. Yet many seem to think so when they see BunAl or other bungou series.

Kinda true but It doesn't mean he's not loyal by getting out of the ordinary cuz the story as you mentioned is not that impressive but It might be if they done it right but I won't get my hopes high for this.
And It's true people assume it'd be related to it but it's not they just don't know the meaning of Bungou, tho knowing the meaning is also kinda misguiding sometimes. I, too, assumed it was related to BSD when I heard about it, not surprisingly Cuz they both shared some of the characters. Same goes for Dazai and Akutagawa's series I knew it had to be about the books, tho it was different for me. The movie ,too, (No longer human) I thought it was about the book of Dazai also Mamo voiced the starring, so, it was so misguiding but it was only borrowing some of his thoughts.

And it's not owned by BSD but they did it first, they went world wide with it first before BungoAl (all what they did is taking Kafak's idea and done something different with it, just like Kafak, he took the idea from many things that done before based on real people) so yeah ppl will keep assume they're related Cuz when I search the name of writers now I get the Anime in the results and it's all from BSD, some of BungoAl too but mostly BSD and it's the reason many got so interested in Japanese and Russian literature, myself included.

MOna-Dazai said:

I wasn't even attacking though? Just kindly explaining and trying to avoid the usual misunderstanding there happens when explaining about the series. What is there that you felt like to be so threatening? If it's about pointing out differences between series, then you maybe should read my message again in more positive tone. I'm not here to fight anyone.

I'm not here to fight either.
I didn't mean fight and It's not your pointing to the differences either and clearly you're a big fan of the game it's so in the way you Criticized Kafak's story Tho I thanked you for it but it's the way you begin to talk as if I were too lazy and just created this topic for fun, it felt so. But It's ok.
MOna-DazaiFeb 1, 2020 12:05 PM
Mar 18, 2020 9:23 AM
Mar 2020
Hi, I’m really not quite good with English but this thread spread everywhere and made both Bunaru and Bunsuto’s fans are mad. I just want my two fandoms to be peaceful. Bungo to Alchemist (Bunaru) is not the same as Bungo Stray Dogs (Bunsuto) and Fullmetal Alchemist (FMA). First off, I’m a fan of Bunaru, Bunsuto, and FMA.

Please don't talk like "4me no one will be better than Mamo to do Dazai" it's rude to Bunaru fans. We all know that Mamo is one of the best voice actors. There are a lot of Dazai in anime / manga / games, and all of the voices are different. Bunaru was adapted from the game by DMM (same as Touken Ranbu), this game follows exactly how the writer's, and his works. As Haganeproductio’s said "it's about modern Japanese writers brought back to life to fight and save their literature from beings called Taints". Then, it's really a different thing with Bunsuto. Bunaru is more in-depth about the author and his works, but just like Bunsuto, they also did a lot of research, searching old documents, to the Memorial Museum and the writer’s family. Bunaru's character is made as closely as possible with the real-life writers. I really recommended Bunaru for education thing, and for student majoring in Japanese literature.

I do believe that if you love Bungo Stray Dogs, you will love Bungo to Alchemist too. I know that Kafka and Harukawa35 in designing Bunsuto’s characters based on special studies and literacy as well, and talk to the family real-life writers. So I also disagree when someone thinks that Bungo Stray Dogs are "just borrowing names from real people", if you don’t really know the series well, please refrain to saying things like this. In Bunsuto universe, the character made deliberately in inverse to the original, if you read the Bungo Stray Dogs manga, you will find many things like the relationship "Oguri Mushitaro" and "Yokomizo", in real-life, Yokomizo is the one who continued Oguri’s wish to write, because Oguri died of illness. Meanwhile in the Bunsuto universe, it was Oguri who continued Yokomizo's wish to write. Bunsuto doesn’t show the writer's works directly like Bunaru's, but mixes them beautifully with other writer's works. In season 3, during the “Fitzgerald Rise” episode, Bunsuto was given a lot of praise from the Aobunko people for how beautiful the writing style of the episode (yes, my mutual Twitter is mostly aozora bunko people). Bungo Stray Dogs Gaiden is also based on writers who are still active (still alive) until now, Ayatsuji Yukito, Kyogoku Natsuhiko, and Tsujimura Mizuki. Ayatsuji Yukito (Another) was also very fond of Kafka, last year when he was awarded the "22nd Japan Mystery Literature Award" in which the people who attend it were chosen writers, Kafka was one of the guest (another guest: Kyogoku sensei and the director of Ju On). Then on the 110th anniversary of Dazai Osamu (No Longer Human second movie), Bunsuto also invited to watch a limited premiere for certain people. So don't feel sad when someone talks that Bunsuto just takes the name. They (other writers) know more than us. If you don't know this kind of thing, then you just don't really pay any attention to the Bunsuto universe. (nb: In Dead Apple, the one who decided to give Shibusawa’s character in white and long hair was Shibusawa's own wife and she watched happily next to kafka when the dead apple aired in the cinema.)

Please watch and support Bunaru anime and stage play, if Bunsuto makes you like the characters, then Bunaru will make you know more about these characters, I know you will like it.
Mar 20, 2020 8:34 PM
Dec 2019
Not sure how to really thread this and stuff cause I'm new to using this website....

But Imma agree with lostpage on this.

I am also a fan of BSD and FMA. Honestly, I will admit I used to not like BunAl because it confused me why there were two Bungou things....

But as I am a history nerd and I joined the Touken Ranbu fandom, it was kinda obvious I would end up at least appreciating this too.

BSD inspired me to search up things about authors but didn't really give me a starting point on what the actual authors were like and such and also I was slightly annoyed about Kyouka and Ozaki being genderbent... (but that is something that is my personal opinion)

And I still love BSD

But BunAl give me more info on things like these ppl interacted with these ppl or they did this in real life and I like it a lot already (Also Kyouka is my favorite character right now...). Also there are a lot more Japanese Authors. And the odd ones out. Also, Yakumo is intresting as heck and I would have never known he existed without BunAl... (like, he was GREEK! and he became a naturalized JAPANESE CITIZIN!! It's so cool!!)

But then again, I like that Ayatsuji is a character in BSD and that the real life Ayatsuji likes that and that Kafka does their research well. And I like how the elements of the real life authors' lives help shape different plot points and relationships in the manga.

So I think it really depends on the person which one they like better...

And yes, the 2 fandoms usually get along. Nicely (lots of crossover fanfics... like a lot of the BunAl fics on AO3 are crossovers with BSD although I want more just BunAl fics....)
Jun 26, 2021 2:50 PM
Jun 2021
Sorry if my english is not good.

I have a friend like you. She really likes Bungo Stray Dog and I like BunAl. And we had different arguments about BSD and BunAl.

And I was able to tell you another fact about Dazai Osamu and Akutagawa Ryunosuke. "Did you know Dazai Osamu loves MSG a.k.a Ajin*moto (Don't want to mention the brand name, because I'm not endorsed)? He even mixes cake with MSG!"
"And did you know, Akutagawa Ryunosuke doesn't like bathing? Even his own best friend had a hard time admonishing him to take a bath."

At first my friend didn't believe what I said, but after I told her and we read the BunAl character book and helped my friend who can translate in Japanese, and my friend said "Apparently I haven't been able to love the character I like, even I don't know other facts about him."

From that incident, my friend started to appreciate about BunAl and he even wanted to know more.

And I want to tell you. Actually BSD is good in my opinion, because it is very good for people who want to know about the names of writers with their works.

If you want to know more about the writer's relationship, my answer is BunAl. Because I think I can know him facts,the relationship between writers, even things we don't know, become aware of events that occur in the real life of writers.

If you want to know the process of making literary works, my answer is Aoi Bungaku series. Because, the narrator explains the process of making literary works and what happens to writers while they are working on their works. And the Aoi Bungaku series, explaining the contents of literary works.

Even my best friend who took Japanese Literature lectures was told by the lecturer for the 3 basics. "If you like the BSD, BunAl and Aoi Bungaku series, then you already love the writer." The lecturer said.

Now it's up to you. Do you want to appreciate BunAl or not. I don't deify BunAl. Because in my opinion, BSD, BunAl, Aoi Bungaku series are related to each other. Even I call this the literary circle.

I'm sorry, I'm late to say this. But already know, this will happen. Even when Papa Taniguchi (BunAl producer) tell me there's an anime. And we had guessed that there would be those who didn't like it, and it turned out that our guess was right.
bakarikuzuJun 26, 2021 4:18 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2020

17 by BrokenCord83 »»
Jul 9, 2021 2:10 AM

Poll: » Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

70 by HagePotPotato »»
May 31, 2021 9:18 PM

Poll: » Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

14 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Dec 15, 2020 10:24 AM

Poll: » Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma Episode 12 Discussion

Discordia - Jul 31, 2020

5 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 20, 2020 6:27 AM

Poll: » Bungou to Alchemist: Shinpan no Haguruma Episode 11 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 24, 2020

3 by Unkrowned »»
Aug 20, 2020 6:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.