Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2020 1:04 AM

Mar 2016
According to anime.plus, my favorite studio (weighted) is A-1 pictures.

I've never paid attention to studios, but it makes me curious if anyone else does.

I don't understand how studios work exactly, as I have no idea how the same studio can produce Shinsekai Yori, Blend S, and Sword Art Online, when all of those are completely different from each other. I assume it works similarly to publishing companies for novels. But I still find it pretty weird.

What studios do you like? If you use the graph, which one does the graph say is your favorite?
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 18, 2020 1:11 AM

Feb 2010
Kiyomice said:
According to anime.plus, my favorite studio (weighted) is A-1 pictures.

I've never paid attention to studios, but it makes me curious if anyone else does.

I don't understand how studios work exactly, as I have no idea how the same studio can produce Shinsekai Yori, Blend S, and Sword Art Online, when all of those are completely different from each other. I assume it works similarly to publishing companies for novels. But I still find it pretty weird.

What studios do you like? If you use the graph, which one does the graph say is your favorite?

It's not exactly like publishing since they to more than just distribute, the studios do actually create the anime. But they are generally hired to adapt a certain material and there is a production committee consisting of various interest groups (publishers, studio heads, TV representatives, sponsors etc...). Basically they animate whatever they are paid to animate.

Also most studios have only a small number of fixed employees and most of the animators working on their projects are freelance animators that get hired on a case by case basis. So while the studio name is the same, the people working on their various titles can vary a LOT and sometimes shows from different studios have more common staff members that shows from the same studio.

Personally my favorite is probably Bones. I've seen almost all their titles, and almost all of those are very good. They cover a range of shows and genres, tend to have some of the best animation in the industry and generally cater to my tastes more consistently than other studios. I don't think it's technically my highest rated one on MALGraph, but their weighted system is a bit weird anyway and it counts random BD specials or music videos the same as full-length TV Series so I prefer to trust my personal feelings over their uninterpreted data.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 18, 2020 1:30 AM

Jun 2016
Your graph thing claims that my favorite studio is madhouse, something I expected after quickly going through my list. My big issue with them is their refusal to finish hajime no ippo (and many other series but mainly hajime no ippo). Other studios I like or find reliable are sunrise, production IG, shaft, gainax and ghibli. I don't think that artland has disappointed me yet although I havent't seen katekyo hitman reborn which looks retarded.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 18, 2020 1:46 AM

Oct 2019
Top 3 according to the site:
1)Wit Studio
2)Gainax
3)Bones

Pretty suprised by that Trigger and Mad House scored pretty low...
Jan 18, 2020 1:50 AM

Feb 2019
My favorite is Kyoto animation. They produce gems.
Top three according to site
1) Kyoto animation
2) Wit
3) Doga kobo
Jan 18, 2020 1:53 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Studio Ghibli it says... idk can't hate on Ghibli
Jan 18, 2020 1:53 AM
Feb 2014
I don't really pay attention to a studio either, in that, i don't choose to watch an anime just because it's done by a studio that made another anime i really liked, or i won't avoid an anime just because it's made by a new studio or a studio i don't have experience with, i just watch an anime based on if it looks like it might interest me.

I do use MALgraph quite often, and, according to it, my top 10 favorite studios are as following:

1 Nippon Animation
2 Bones
3 Toei Animation
4 Studio Pierrot
5 David Production
6 TMS Entertainment
7 Tokyo Movie Shinsha
8 Platinum Vision
9 MAPPA
10 White Fox
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jan 18, 2020 3:18 AM

Jul 2019
I pay attention on them.
my top 3
1. David Production
2. Bones
3. Madhouse

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy talking about anime you dislike?

Catalano - 5 hours ago

27 by Shizuna »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - 3 hours ago

11 by Rhae »»
7 minutes ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - 1 hour ago

22 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - 5 hours ago

5 by Akuya »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » anime is trash and so am i

deg - 5 hours ago

24 by deg »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.