Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2020 9:37 AM

Oct 2019
I'll try to keep this up to date throughout the year.

Which ones are ya'll planning on getting? I'm starting with Tokyo Mirage Sessions on the Switch, comes out Friday!

January

• Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
  • Super Robot Wars X
  • Orangeblood
  • Atelier Dusk Trilogy Deluxe Pack
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
  • The Alliance Alive HD Remastered
  • DRAGON BALL Z: Kakarot
  • Tokyo Mirage Session FE Encore
  • Arc of Alchemist
  • Kingdom Hearts III ReMIND DLC
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
  • Labyrinth of the Witch

February

• Yakuza Remastered Collection
  • Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl - Gold
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Kingdom Hearts III ReMIND DLC (Xbox One)

March

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team Dx
  • Langrisser I & II
  • Nioh 2
  • Fairy Tail
  • Persona 5 Royal: Phantom Thieves Edition

April

• Final Fantasy VII: Remake
  • Trials of Mana

May

• Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

TBA

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Azur Lane: Crosswave
  • Babylon's Fall
  • Black Clover: Phantom Knights
  • Bravely Default II
  • Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia
  • Death end re;Quest 2
  • Digimon Survive
  • Elden Ring
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
  • Genshin Impact
  • Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link
  • Phantasy Star Online 2
  • Project Awakening
  • Project Sakura Wars
  • Rune Factory 5
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
  • Shoumetsu Toshi: Afterlost
  • SINoALICE
  • Tales of Arise
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Colds Steel IV
  • Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox

Source: JRPGs 2020 release calendar
iceydJan 15, 2020 10:15 AM
Jan 15, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely FF7 remake and Granblue Fantasy Verus (Fighting game). OI'll definitely look into the other Granblue Fantasy Project you've got listed here. I didn't know about that one.

And perhaps Azur Lane aswell if that will be any good and coming to PS4.
Jan 15, 2020 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
you're missing Persona 5 Scramble on Feb

But my list would prob be
1) Persona 5 Scramble (didn't want this originally at first but the recent trailer is just wow)
2) Persona 5 Royal
3) Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
4) SMT V (I've been wanting to try it since finishing Persona 5 a long time ago but Atlas just went dark on this)

Meh:
1) Digimon Survive (i've always wanted to buy the other series people forgot because pokemon always ended up overshadowing it but I'll wait for the reviews to come out first because the battle system turns me off visually)
Jan 15, 2020 10:16 AM

Oct 2019
Added P5 Scramble, thanks for the heads up.
Jan 15, 2020 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
Granblue Fantasy Re:Link and Tales of Arise are my main two interests out of these.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jan 15, 2020 10:49 AM

Mar 2014
Already pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts ReMIND. Gonna enjoy it. :)
Jan 15, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Brigandine - was lucky enough to get the first game pretty cheap a few weeks ago, and the game has been amazing to play so far. Seriously, play it if you haven't, can't afford to play it legit? Play it a damn emulator if you have to!

Super Robot Wars X - Because fuck yeah mecha.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions - going to wait for a huge price drop since is still censored.

Langrisser - already preorder the special edition for the switch way back at anime expo. Thank god you can switch back to Satoshi's artstyle because the new artstyle doesn't do the character designs justice.

Xenoblade DE - Definitely looking forward to the new content that was cut in the wii version.

Trials of Mana - still need to finish LoM before Trials arrives.

Was also thinking about getting Ys IX, but then I remember Falcom hasn't really impress me with Ys since Oath in Felghana. And Memories of Celceta was very medicore.
removed-userJan 15, 2020 11:41 AM
Jan 15, 2020 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
Fairy Tail, FF7 Remake and Waifu of the Wild for now.
Jan 15, 2020 12:14 PM

Feb 2015
I might get DBZ Kakarot if it's good and not full with micro-transactions and DLC, but Fairy Tail is definitely a day 1 purchase.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is also a wait-and-see for me.
Jan 15, 2020 3:00 PM
Jul 2017
I'm definitely getting Cold steel 4 and Elden ring as soon as possible. I'm also looking forward to the new Yakuza, Persona 5 Royal/ scramble and Final Fantasy 7 Remake.
Jan 15, 2020 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
Definite Purchase
  • Final Fantasy VII: Remake - My top priority buy for now. Can't wait to experience Midgard in modern visuals.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV - Currently the best JRPG series on the market. Can't wait to see the grand finale.
  • Tales of Arise - Looks like a new direction for the series. Breathtaking visuals.
  • Elden Ring - From Software never disappoints, period.
  • Persona 5 Royal: Phantom Thieves Edition - New top-tier waifu and story events are all the convincing I need.
  • Nioh 2 - Spent long hours playing the original with a friend. The ability to make your own character this time is a huge plus.
  • Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Some pals on Discord have been playing the JP version for years, so I've been interested in this for a long time.
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox - Love the darker atmosphere of this comparing to the past entries.

Wait-and-See
  • Atelier Dusk Trilogy Deluxe Pack - Already got 100% completion for all the original Dusk games, but I might be itching to replay them with updated visuals.
  • Granblue Fantasy Re:Link - Looks very good so far, but I still want more information. The fighting game has way more previews.
  • Persona 5 Scramble - Recent trailers have been great, though I still need a little bit more push before it becomes a must buy.
  • Project Sakura Wars - Saw 'Let's Play' videos of this and looks fun, but I'll wait for more English previews.
  • Azur Lane: Crosswave - Used to be a big fan of the series, but I'm being cautious for this since the trailers don't look too good.
  • Fairy Tail - Not a fan of the series, but knowing that Gust is developing it piqued my interest.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - Always wanted to play the original, but my Switch is currently being loaned.
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris - The SAO games are my guilty pleasure, and this one actually looks promising.
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Depends whether I can finish the previous entries before this gets released.

Skipping
  • Labyrinth of the Witch - The original game had potential, but quickly became repetitive. This looks to be more of the same.
  • Digimon Survive - Digimon games never clicked with me for some reason. Not risking it again.
  • Arc of Alchemist - The lowest-selling title by Idea Factory... and for good reasons lol.

I'm pretty sure Nexon has already cancelled the English version of SINoALICE. Unless, this is a console entry of the game which I'm not aware of.
Jan 16, 2020 4:10 PM

Dec 2014
Wait... Hold up, when was Trails of Cold Steel IV announced in 2020? I've only seen interviews about NIS wanting to do IV, but nothing been confirmed, not even a potential release date. It also seems unlikely that it will have a 2020 release considering III was already cutting it close to the end of 2019, and I doubt they could translate that fast. At most 3rd quarter 2021 would be more practical.

I hope I'm wrong though and articles are just region locked in my area for some reason, cause I'd buy IV day one.

The only one I'm getting that has a CONFIRMED release date is Persona 5.

Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link, Tales of Arise, and Project Sakura Wars are must buys for me, just waiting on official release dates.

SAO is a maybe. and its a big maybe....

TonyicJan 16, 2020 4:14 PM
Jan 16, 2020 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
I want Lost Odyssey 2 :((((((

Or a New Monster Rancher with next gen graphics.......or both!

"We become what we think about"

If you want to succeed in life, plant the next goal you want to achieve in your brain, and work toward achieving that goal. write as specifically as you can the path you need to go through to get to the goal, and If that is really what you wished for, work toward it, and you will achieve it.
Blog

Jan 16, 2020 9:18 PM

Sep 2010
But Super Robot Wars X has been out since 2018? I bought it when it was first released in English sub from Asia unless its finally getting a US release? Must've missed the announcement.

Definitely buying P5 The Royal, FF VII Remake, and Tales of Game!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 17, 2020 6:48 AM

Oct 2019
Roloko said:
But Super Robot Wars X has been out since 2018? I bought it when it was first released in English sub from Asia unless its finally getting a US release? Must've missed the announcement.

Probably the PC release, it's on Steam this month.
Jan 17, 2020 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
JRPG games are looking decent this year so far.

Some of my most anticipated games are:

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Tales of Arise
Tokyo Mirage Session FE Encore (out today)
Xenoblade Definitive Edition
Digimon Survive
Death end re;Quest 2
Project Sakura Wars
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link

Most of the Yakuza games also have my interest.
Jan 17, 2020 2:35 PM
Jul 2009
Was a bit disappointed by Cold Steel 4 to be honest. It wasn't bad by any means, but it was still isn't as good as I hope. Really liked Shin Sakura Taisen. Obviously, there were things that could've been done better. But overall, i really enjoyed it and the characters are so likable. Really liked Lancelot and Elise in particular.

Was going to buy monstrum nox japanese version, but with this year already packed with must buy games (ff7 remake, tales of arise, xenoblade), guess i'll just wait for the english version.
Koshi_InabaJan 17, 2020 3:08 PM
Jan 17, 2020 5:29 PM

Mar 2015
Roloko said:

Super Robot Wars X came to pc on the 9th this month. Sadly it's bound to south eastern Asia only. I believe there was also another Super Robot Wars game that came out on steam a few months before hand but I forgot which one it was. I do hope that SRWX gets a global release some day.

For now I'm already hooked on Iceborne, I'm coming close to fighting the Elder at MR 100.

I'm hyped for Fairy Tail, as this will be their first official global game.

Few other titles that look interesting, but already got a back log to go through as it is and don't want to increase it any more than I have to >_>
Jan 18, 2020 2:58 AM

Mar 2017
Persona scramble will come out before the royal dubbed or?
Jan 18, 2020 3:21 AM

Nov 2011
Sword Art Online is the one I really care about.

Jan 24, 2020 9:17 AM

Apr 2011
Kaiser-chan said:
Sword Art Online is the one I really care about.

Yea, the new SAO game looked good. But I care the most about Tales of Arise.
Jan 24, 2020 6:59 PM

Nov 2019
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris, Babylon's Fall and FFVII remake
Jan 24, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2012
I bought DBZ Kakarot and the Kingdom Hearts 3 ReMind DLC.
I've pre-ordered Persona 5 Royal and I'm going to pre-order the FF7 remake soon since I've come to terms with the fact that the 1st class edition will never be restocked.
I'll likely get Bravely Default 2 because despite a particularly slow section in the first game (and the fact that I haven't completed Bravely Second yet) I really liked the games.
Elden Ring is a hard maybe, I never really got into the soulsborne games to a lengthy degree and the few I have played I never finished so the idea of getting another one comes down to release dates.
Trial of Mana I'm iffy on because I still need to play through the Collection of Mana so if I do get it then it'll probably be well passed the release date.
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition I could go either way on since I beat it on the New 3DS and I still need to finish both X and 2 eventually. I also haven't really looked into what's changed aside from the obvious art redesign to see if it's particularly worthwhile to replay (especially given Xenoblade's general length).
Phantasy Star Online 2 is probably a given since I believe it's free to play and I'm always down for "new" MMOs (although it kinda sucks that despite the crossplay aspect Xbox One has priority over PC by several months).
GamerDLMJan 24, 2020 7:49 PM
Jan 24, 2020 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
I'm going to be completely honest...I'm far more interested in Persona 5 Scramble than I am Persona 5 Royal....I've already played the original P5 and really don't need the extra character or content since I thought it was perfectly fine already...I'm not too sure on the other games on this list yet though...
Jan 25, 2020 7:35 PM

Nov 2013
Lots of stuff I'm looking forward to.

P5S looks way better than I thought.
Xenoblade is one of my favorite games.
FF7, I actually never played the original.
I'm a fan of the yakuza games so I'll get that.

There is more but that is the bigger stuff and don't feel like typing more.

I can see you

Jan 25, 2020 8:08 PM

Nov 2008
I just want Metal Max Xeno Reborn 2 which will have the improvements from Xeno Reborn, it was remade because the original Xeno is pretty shit and the second worse Metal Max game ever.

Jan 25, 2020 9:44 PM

Aug 2009
It'd be nice to have a more streamlined way to play Phantasy Star Online 2.

Jan 25, 2020 11:08 PM

Jun 2016
The second half of Code Vein.
Jan 27, 2020 7:47 PM

Mar 2014
Curious if Ys: Memories of Celceta is gonna be any different.
Also want Rune Factory 5 but I don't think it's worth getting a switch for.
Jan 28, 2020 11:01 AM
May 2007
I've got the Japanese version to Yakuza; Like a Dragon, or Ryu Ga Gotoku 7: Hikari to Yami no Yukue
Mar 13, 2021 9:16 PM
Dec 2017
Final Fantasy 7's remake was the only recent game i played out of teh entire 2020 year.

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 5 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
5 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
6 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
10 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.