Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2020 10:06 PM

May 2016
Was interested in watching this anime, but wasn’t sure if I should read the manga instead cause of the low rating. Was the anime adaptation really that bad compared to the manga? Did they skip a lot of content or something?
Jan 19, 2020 9:56 PM

Nov 2016
was also curious because as i finished the manga, BOOM an anime adaptation appeared. while i cant say for the anime, the mangas awesome if you like; some slow paced story, lots of character developments, wannacry moments and whatnot.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 18, 2020 1:19 AM

Feb 2013
They skipped many things and they rushed even more. The manga is pretty long, evenly spaced and offers many twists. The story of each group, their experiences and such, are viewed from very different perspectives. Shit that took place in episode 3 in the anime is about 78 chapters in. Essentially, the anime blended everything in together with little regard to pacing or even letting the viewers to get used to the characters. So, we end up with a giant cast right off and don't give a flying fuck about them and their non-existent development.

Had it been done properly, this would be AT LEAST 50 odd episodes for S1 and it wouldn't get even near the plot of the specifically trained survival team.

I've personally loved the manga, and I remember being SO HYPED when the anime adaptation was announced. But, god. It's so bad I can't contain my frustration. It's a lowkey crime what they've done to such a great manga.
Feb 27, 2020 2:33 PM

May 2012
Who cares if they skipped some things ?? Why not just judge the anime on its own ??

I don't read the manga, so it does matter if rushed some things. This anime is much better and more entertaining than some of these other mediocre netlflix show like Kuutei Dragons which for some stupid reasons has higher score than 7 seeds
May 19, 2020 4:40 AM
May 2020
The anime was quite simply terrible, bar the first few episodes which i found to be decent. However the only reason that is is because I liked the idea of 7 seeds and the post-apocalyptic theme but the execution is very poor. Also I really found myself disliking the main character. Season 2 was also pretty bad. It just felt like the plot became less intense and everything was going round in a circle. I haven't read the manga LoL but people seem to like it a lot. Anyway,
Jun 28, 2020 6:16 AM

Nov 2009
I think the anime turned out okay. At the very least, it made me interested in the manga which I'm reading.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 28, 2020 1:19 PM

May 2019
I've watched it on Netflix and i did'nt even notice when the "1st season" was over, since the 12th episode is completely anti-climatic.

It is notorious how the plot is rushed, even being still interesting and instigating. The theme itself could be a 8-9 to me, but the way it was, it is fair being 6-7/10.

Mar 11, 2021 7:24 PM
Aug 2008
CG said:
I think the anime turned out okay. At the very least, it made me interested in the manga which I'm reading.

So do you suggest watching it to give interest in reading the manga? I've done the same with Basara and re-watched the anime so I can get interest to begin reading the manga. Or will it be boring?

More topics from this board

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 4 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Jun 28, 2019

15 by Fibyu »»
Apr 14, 5:00 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 3 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Jun 28, 2019

10 by Fibyu »»
Apr 14, 4:14 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 2 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Jun 28, 2019

19 by Fibyu »»
Apr 14, 3:39 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 1 Discussion

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

43 by Fibyu »»
Apr 14, 2:27 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

54 by fukumenkei »»
Nov 1, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.