Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2019 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not a great first impression. I'm gonna give it a chance since it's an adaptation of an older manga that's already finished (and I'm also sick at home today so perfect time to binge).

The premise is interesting? But the art and animation are pretty lacking. No problem with the character designs themselves, but the characters' colors look very washed out compared to the colorful backgrounds at times. The shifts from group to group were also jarring and that last scene felt VERY random. I liked the giant white mantis monsters tho.

We'll see where it goes.
Jun 28, 2019 6:50 AM
Apr 2016
OK Netflix you keep on sucking it seems. They literally cut a sentence out during the first episode, when the rasta female is talking on the boat. I will not even consider going through with this cheap level production anymore. This industry is not gaming, if you want to produce crap and sell it for a dollar DO NOT. I will go straight to episode 12 and see if they have a decent conclussion there. Netflix spent all their good credit points on producing third rate "original series". Their next failure to fund a decent series will be the last one I will willingly suffer.
You know what there is no ep12 discussion and I don't care enough to start one by myself. Everyone is discouraged against watching it. Watch this series if you are a redneck or just want a cheap entertainment once in a while.
Daniel_NaumovJun 28, 2019 7:30 AM
Re:formed
Jun 28, 2019 8:46 AM

Mar 2016
they really did the manga dirty like that huh

the animation could've been worse. the voice acting is okay but I don't think I can ever get behind how bad the pacing is. hopefully the plot is enough to carry this but I don't have any faith in gonzo

... this is gonna be interesting. at least I get to see my babies again
Jun 28, 2019 8:57 AM

Jan 2018
I quite liked the episode, though I understand why people are complaining. The pacing is a little weird which is to be expected since the manga is very long. Premise is interesting so that's a plus.
Jun 28, 2019 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
They did the manga wrong on so many aspects I'm FUMING
Jun 28, 2019 10:08 AM
Aug 2011
"could've been worse" is no consolation. This looks absolutely miserable.

It also sounds miserable, and carries no urgency for something that's supposed to be about surviving. Going from point A to B with no substance.
Well except for some very poor dramatics that would have been better served in your dime-a-dozen school series.

Sure as hell does not make for a good first impression.. or a second.

Also for such a big cast, (because that's what this series pivots its story around- a massive cast) it doesn't bode well when you introduce 3 teams in the span of one episode as some sort of half-assed teaser. Leaving the shooting scene for a very cheesy ending here.
I guess that's the kind of tone you resort to when nothing else can carry its weight huh?
standJun 28, 2019 10:15 AM
Jun 28, 2019 10:08 AM

Mar 2012
RIPPPPP 7seeds
Could they destroy Basara after that ?
Jun 28, 2019 12:39 PM
Sep 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
OK Netflix you keep on sucking it seems. They literally cut a sentence out during the first episode, when the rasta female is talking on the boat. I will not even consider going through with this cheap level production anymore. This industry is not gaming, if you want to produce crap and sell it for a dollar DO NOT. I will go straight to episode 12 and see if they have a decent conclussion there. Netflix spent all their good credit points on producing third rate "original series". Their next failure to fund a decent series will be the last one I will willingly suffer.
You know what there is no ep12 discussion and I don't care enough to start one by myself. Everyone is discouraged against watching it. Watch this series if you are a redneck or just want a cheap entertainment once in a while.

Actually we find out that sentence was cut out on purpose I believe, due to the next episode, that it was cut out on purpose. I'm not trying to defend it, but just pointing it out.
It really do be like that though.

Jun 28, 2019 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
I was looking forward to it, because the premise sounded very good, but after your guys comments, I'm afraid to check it out soon. D=
Jun 28, 2019 1:57 PM
Apr 2016
Cdynamo said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Actually we find out that sentence was cut out on purpose I believe, due to the next episode, that it was cut out on purpose. I'm not trying to defend it, but just pointing it out.

Yes I felt a little stupid when I got to that point in the second episode. Makes no sense either way, you just don't make respectable series like that.
Jun 28, 2019 2:45 PM
Sep 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Cdynamo said:

Yes I felt a little stupid when I got to that point in the second episode. Makes no sense either way, you just don't make respectable series like that.

I understand. The possible cut out line isn't even the biggest problem with this show. The pacing is.
It really do be like that though.

Jun 28, 2019 8:40 PM

May 2015
ok I'm 10 minutes in. this is fucking awful
Jun 28, 2019 9:08 PM

Oct 2012
It's no masterpiece. The art fairly ugly and the characters don't seem to have a lot of depth but I'm in to see what the big mystery is. Especially after that ending.
Jun 29, 2019 2:02 AM
Apr 2016
modboy said:
It's no masterpiece. The art fairly ugly and the characters don't seem to have a lot of depth but I'm in to see what the big mystery is. Especially after that ending.

The transitions are awful, the characters do not react to the happening as if they were real, but as if they were following a script. Immersion is minimal.
Jun 29, 2019 5:03 AM
Jun 2019
This show is horrible even the main or first character is unlikeable along with the entire cast
Jun 29, 2019 7:43 AM

Mar 2013
I am a big fan of the manga, but the adaptation is just... nothing. The artstyle for such a story could have been much darker, not to colourful and bright, the story was rushed by itself, sometimes leaving in concussion even myself, not to mention the poor work that it seems to be made here.
But again, it was something that Netflix sponsored, so it's no surprise. I will try to keep my hopes up, but I doubt that anything good will come in just 12 episodes.
Jun 30, 2019 2:28 AM
Jul 2016
I have never seen a worse pilot episode of anything in my life. This show fails in every major category by which one would review anime. Whose idea was it to smear vaseline over the final cut? It makes me feel like I need glasses. Despite the fact that 90% of the episode is dialogue, practically nothing is said, besides cliches you have heard before. Scenes are joined by no transition sequence whatsoever and this makes the viewing experience jarring. It's like the director said "this scene, now this, now this" ad infinitum. I have so many questions, not about the plot, but about the lack of oversight required to make this show. This show offends me and I am worse off for having watched it.
Jul 1, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2017
Honestly... the artstyle looks like something me as a 12 year old would draw thinking it was an anime artstyle. To be frank, it's really bad.

Jul 2, 2019 5:20 AM
Mar 2014
The first episode seemed interesting but at the same time the episode was boring.
Jul 2, 2019 2:01 PM
Mar 2018
I have always taken a "watch with caution" attitude whenever I come cross Netflix anime and this time is no different. For a show with such a good premise, the first episode was nothing impressive, but it wasn't unwatchable either. There are some interesting characters that I want to see more of but there are others that am wishing an early demise on. I particularly dislike Hana-she is your regular do-gooder who is too self-righteous for me to relate to. I haven't read the manga, but I hope she gets eaten by a bug. On the positive, that scene at the end peeked my curiosity, I want to know what's up with those kids.
Jul 3, 2019 7:02 AM

Jan 2013
That is some rare low level of shit. Why Netflix?
Jul 3, 2019 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
Start was fine and understandable but after the 2ed group or wherever entered the picture, it turn into a mess.
We have to see more episodes but 1st one wasn't that good.
Jul 3, 2019 11:21 AM

Jan 2019
I havent read the manga but based on first impressions its a good premise and interesting concept. I definitely will keep watching it but the timing etc. is pretty cringeworthy xD

Jul 4, 2019 12:59 PM
Jan 2011
So how long after the asteroid does it take place?
Jul 11, 2019 12:27 AM

May 2015
This shit was hilarious.
Is this supposed to be drama or comedy?
Jul 15, 2019 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
Animation feels a bit weird, but the premise looks interesting,

some characters look a bit irritating to watch hopefully they get better

"I saw something in the water"
"We'll catch it later and eat it"
I like that girl already, instant survival mode

Jul 20, 2019 9:15 AM

Jun 2013
There is actually some good stuff here, but the pacing and non-explanation is killing it
Jul 25, 2019 3:50 PM
Nov 2018
تم متابعته بانتظار تكمل أخرى من نيتفلكس
الأنمي حلو يستاهل تقيم فوق 7ونص ما اعرف ليش مظلوم
لو ضايفين التصنيف الكوميدي لو شي بسيط كان 10
Aug 1, 2019 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
Ok, so I'm giving it a chance. The manga is one of my favourites, so... OP and ED are nice and catchy. The pacing is weird, I give you that. Animation... could have been better, that's what I think. Let's see episode 2 then... (please don't be a disappointment).
Aug 23, 2019 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
So far I'm okay with it, it's interesting. I like that it's very fast paced.
Already some despicable characters tho lol.
Sep 20, 2019 6:33 AM

Nov 2013
I don't know, that was kinda boring and most of the characters are annoying.
Jan 14, 2020 4:58 PM

Nov 2010
This show is on TV now. As the character design has the peculiar taste of girls comics, I did some checking. As I expected, the original is a girls comics by TAMURA Yumi. To my surprise, it was published 19 years ago. The exhaustion of the plots for anime shows seems quite serious.
As far as watching the first episode, it might become a dark horse of this season.

--- Edit ---
I was totally wrong. This show is trash. It ends incredibly abruptly at the last episode.
kuroneko99Apr 1, 2020 5:36 AM
Apr 10, 2020 9:12 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I just started it and I don't know the manga. It was kinda a strange first episode, but I wouldnt call it bad.
Let us see how this goes on o.o

Apr 10, 2020 9:34 AM

Jul 2012
kuroneko99 said:
I was totally wrong. This show is trash. It ends incredibly abruptly at the last episode.
read the manga, its complete
Apr 13, 2020 4:38 PM
Mar 2016
The jerk in the first group and the leader in the second group should be excommunicated or killed right away. That's one of the most annoying tropes in survival shows, especially when they're that explicit and over the top. Just stab them in the back and move on before they get everyone around them killed. They haven't even established reasons to tolerate them like superior weapons/skills/knowledge. Highly doubtful it will happen.

Not terribly concerned with all the outrage. As nice as it can be to see faithful adaptations, they should honestly be changed somehow imo. Otherwise there's no point in seeing the new version. The original will always exist, and its fans can always point it out to others. But a crappy anime/film/game/play/novel/etc. adaptation can never harm the original. That's just a dumb thing to say. It's not like they burned every copy of the manga to make this. This isn't a case of Jodorowsky's Dune. I too have felt the pain of beloved franchises being misunderstood/disrespected in sequels/remakes/adaptations, and sure it's disappointing. But eventually they'll try again, and maybe next time it will be better. Until then, I can always go back to the original.
Sep 16, 2020 9:11 PM

Nov 2014
this vvas interesting. totally gonna see it to the end.
Nov 8, 2021 5:08 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I've never read the manga because I just never had a chance to but I was thinking, hey lets give it a shot I think these kind of adaptations can really have some gold.

WRONG.

The first opening scene I was off kilter. Like I knew something here was by far different from the manga with how bad it opened. I go reach for the manga online and start watching a few scenes ahead and rereading them through in the manga and just, wow, I'm really stunned with how much they cut and how little expression and details the anime skips for budgetary reason. For instance, there's a ton of movement on the boat and raft in those first few minutes in the manga (including a very interesting wake up with Natsu in the first pages) but the anime skips around so it doesn't have to animate that. The characters are drenched the whole raft trip and Natsu facial expressions are quite varied because she hardly speaks. None of that is conveyed in those first few minutes and it seems pretty standard for the entire episode and most likely the whole series.

Also I know they're adapting a manga from the early 2000's that really has deep rooted styles from the late 90s but the way they decided to adapt the character designs is so shoddy and barley any personality behind them. The coloring also looks standard to just about any other 5/10 anime out there at the bottom of the MAL seasonal chart.

Plus that was the laziest fucking OP I've seen in ages. I mean for them to use cut outs and scenes from the series. That's a yikes from me dog. I honestly just want to see how badly they keep this little pony train. I can't believe it got a season 2 for godsake.
Jun 5, 2022 2:43 PM

Sep 2020
seminar out here trying his hardest to get murdered by the others in his group, mad pedo vibes
Why the hell did that woman go off on the kid like that, she's like 11 years old what does she expect her to do? choke slam a bear? kek. Why the hell is the other group simping for a psychopath that literally tries to rape and murder them, they fr serve to die after that shit. What even was the final scene
Sep 21, 2022 5:32 PM
Oct 2016
Bad plot (bad opening episode, unclear backstory) & bad transition POV, really bad..
Dropped in episode 1
MAFR017Sep 21, 2022 5:53 PM
Oct 12, 2022 11:29 PM
Feb 2022
the ONA hate is real
Dec 29, 2022 2:49 PM
Jan 2021
I really enjoyed this episode. It was really interesting and I hope to see more of this interesting story.
Oct 30, 2023 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
i'm so confused...
the op song was nice, i kinda liked the typography choice there too, looked clean and then, what the hell is going on?
i don't know if it's me or if this episode made no sense at all?
gonna try to watch it one more time to see if i was just distracted but i can't even say if i liked it or not. it just didn't make any sense???
Feb 9, 11:39 AM
Aug 2023
Wow, this is pretty unlikable right off the start. So much bad dialog, and it's not just bad it's cringy on top of it. Unlikable or flat characters, pretty much all of them so far, from the victimizers to the victims, to the bystanders. Bad scene execution, like I'm not even talking about the multiple storylines which may be a questionable storytelling style, but how they show stuff happening in a scene is just bad.
Apr 14, 2:27 AM
Nov 2023
Em uma nota de 1 a 10, eu dou 2/3. O jeito que eles iniciaram isso foi quase medíocre.

Primeiro, começa com personagens totalmente sem graça e chatos e uma introdução péssima. Eles tentam mostrar os personagens de uma forma muito rasa e rápida.

A animação tá muito estranha, tem horas que o cenário tá muito vibrante e os personagens desbotados, tem horas que parece que tacaram uma flashbang na pele dos personagens e etc., resumindo: animação meia boca.

E pra mim esse final foi muito random.

Vou continuar vendo porque não tem nada que me faça não querer ver, porque é aquilo… ideia clichê, mas uma ideia clichê boa. Gosto bastante do gênero sobrevivência e não tem como fazer algo horrível com a ideia de: pessoas em uma ilha com monstros.
FibyuApr 14, 3:40 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 4 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Jun 28, 2019

15 by Fibyu »»
Apr 14, 5:00 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 3 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Jun 28, 2019

10 by Fibyu »»
Apr 14, 4:14 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 2 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Jun 28, 2019

19 by Fibyu »»
Apr 14, 3:39 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

54 by fukumenkei »»
Nov 1, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 10 Discussion

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

15 by fukumenkei »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.