Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What do you feel about a 5th season
Jan 4, 2020 5:54 PM

May 2017
To be honest, I'm quite hyped for this 5th season because I am a big fan of Shokugeki no Souma.

I'm not really sure why but I'm drawn towards the characters and absolutely love the suspense despite the outcome being already obvious. It's just the 'OP MC that doesn't reveal his true power / MC that always has something up his sleeves' kind of feeling

I also love the character designs, not gonna lie, all of em look pretty hot man even the male characters (no I'm not gay)

But I heard that Season 5 should never be made unless it's an anime original remake because it's the worst ark where the author just wanted to make some extra bucks by throwing in an extra arc and he messed up big time.

Everyone was like NOOOO the moment they saw some black hair dude's face at the last scene of Shin no Sara.

I don't really know what to think, I'm happy there's a new season because I want to know what comes next like does Souma inherit the shop etc and how everything fairs in the future when they turn adults

But I heard that the season ended with Souma not accomplishing the main tasks he set out to do
and that because of that, the show basically ended in shit.

Well, I'm just glad that apparently this episode was so bad or so triggering that 'Everyone doesn't want to talk about it' so that leaves me kinda spoiler-free yeepee! unlike an anime like Kimetsu no Yaiba, that's gone to shit for me coz of spoilers everywhere

TL;DR
What do you feel about the new season, is the entire arc bad? Can the anime possibly redeem itself with mild changes? Answer the poll too thanks
Jan 4, 2020 8:53 PM

Oct 2018
DoomRanger said:
To be honest, I'm quite hyped for this 5th season because I am a big fan of Shokugeki no Souma.

I'm not really sure why but I'm drawn towards the characters and absolutely love the suspense despite the outcome being already obvious. It's just the 'OP MC that doesn't reveal his true power / MC that always has something up his sleeves' kind of feeling

I also love the character designs, not gonna lie, all of em look pretty hot man even the male characters (no I'm not gay)

But I heard that Season 5 should never be made unless it's an anime original remake because it's the worst ark where the author just wanted to make some extra bucks by throwing in an extra arc and he messed up big time.

Everyone was like NOOOO the moment they saw some black hair dude's face at the last scene of Shin no Sara.

I don't really know what to think, I'm happy there's a new season because I want to know what comes next like does Souma inherit the shop etc and how everything fairs in the future when they turn adults

But I heard that the season ended with Souma not accomplishing the main tasks he set out to do

Well, I'm just glad that apparently this episode was so bad or so triggering that 'Everyone doesn't want to talk about it' so that leaves me kinda spoiler-free yeepee! unlike an anime like Kimetsu no Yaiba, that's gone to shit for me coz of spoilers everywhere

TL;DR
What do you feel about the new season, is the entire arc bad? Can the anime possibly redeem itself with mild changes? Answer the poll too thanks

From what I understand and know, the anime must change the arc completely in order to redeem what happened in the manga
Jan 4, 2020 9:56 PM

May 2017
Classy_Cassy said:
DoomRanger said:

TL;DR

From what I understand and know, the anime must change the arc completely in order to redeem what happened in the manga

Dang, it's that bad huh
Jan 5, 2020 3:45 PM

Oct 2017
I'm a watcher of this show but I don't read it's manga due to only see the anime version it's obviously more exciting and funny to me, I didn't ever know how would it be this series in manga source.

In my case I try to not spoile myself with notices and rummors about the manga, because of how I said I'am not even following it.
What can I say it's that all depends on how anime it's gonna develop on next stage, you can't say anything about how things are gonna turn before happened.

Maybe will be better just wait at least first PV, better than that, the first episode. If then this anime stills being good for you, then get all the way till last, in order of differents expected results to your taste, you can just stop and not see it anymore.

Imo, I' am a quite hyped about the aparition of the new misterious character, everything it's boring if never change, so I think it could be much better next season after all.
Just lets give it a try later.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 5, 2020 6:14 PM

Apr 2018
Anime-only here. I say it's all or nothing. We've made it this far, we'll watch the whole show. And if the ending turns out to be as bad as they say, then we can pretend this season doesn't exist. ;)
Jan 5, 2020 6:20 PM

Apr 2019
I'm 50/50 on this, last season was so average and just felt way worse compared to its predecessors. Unless they switched the formula up, and the villain is really cool and can compete against Yukihira, then I can't find good enjoyment in it
Jan 5, 2020 6:24 PM

May 2017
Coolness0228 said:
I'm 50/50 on this, last season was so average and just felt way worse compared to its predecessors. Unless they switched the formula up, and the villain is really cool and can compete against Yukihira, then I can't find good enjoyment in it

I mean, it felt pretty epic when they became E10 and we got to see the day in the life of all of them after they took over
Jan 5, 2020 6:27 PM

Apr 2019
DoomRanger said:
Coolness0228 said:

I mean, it felt pretty epic when they became E10 and we got to see the day in the life of all of them after they took over

True, but I felt more excitement watching season 1 and 2 way more than I did watching 4. The ending was satisfying yes, but the journey to get there was average at best
Jan 6, 2020 3:27 AM

Dec 2017
If it's bad, then I'm perfectly content calling season 4's ending the accepted ending.
Jan 6, 2020 11:44 AM
Aug 2018
I'm at the point where I fully accept that this last arc will be bad. It's been so...anti-hyped? Like I've heard so much bile and ravenous hatred for it that I have to accept it.

But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna watch it. I'm fighting a combination of the sunk cost fallacy and pure curiosity. Like I know it'll be bad, but I don't know -how- it will be bad, and I really want to see just how much they can possibly tank it. Like watching a train wreck.
Jan 7, 2020 12:52 AM

Oct 2018
Teglement said:
I'm at the point where I fully accept that this last arc will be bad. It's been so...anti-hyped? Like I've heard so much bile and ravenous hatred for it that I have to accept it.

But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna watch it. I'm fighting a combination of the sunk cost fallacy and pure curiosity. Like I know it'll be bad, but I don't know -how- it will be bad, and I really want to see just how much they can possibly tank it. Like watching a train wreck.

learning of the manga’s final arc and ending killed any and all boner I had for rewatching season 1-3. But I’m sure there will be anime-only watchers somewhere who will actually enjoy that shit and think it’s good(not the, it’s so bad it’s good, good), just like the few apologists that actually believes GOT season 8’s writing was actually well thought-out and good.
Jan 11, 2020 3:43 AM
Feb 2017
honestly, i just finished the manga and i feel like not watching, the arc is so bad almost made me hate the series, there's some parts that aren't so bad but i can't think of anything worst then this, the worst part it's the actual ending of the manga, it's so weird and absolutely nonsense bad, actually feels like the autor just ran out of ideas and started writing whatever the hell came into his mind, but maybe someone liked, i know nobody but maybe there's someone... right now i rather not watch and pretend it ended in the 4th season but maybe i change my mind and watch it anyways maybe with soundtrack, color and opening isn't so shitty
Jan 12, 2020 3:50 PM
Jul 2019
Idk, I feel like if J.C. Staff might have something up their sleeves. I don't think it would make any sense adapting the most unpopular arc from the manga, it just wouldn't be profitable. It's either they completely change the arc, or whoever's funding them are idiots.
Jan 12, 2020 5:42 PM

May 2017
hot_tub_ said:
Idk, I feel like if J.C. Staff might have something up their sleeves. I don't think it would make any sense adapting the most unpopular arc from the manga, it just wouldn't be profitable. It's either they completely change the arc, or whoever's funding them are idiots.

Isn’t that arc the last arc? I’d think they’d adapt it for closure. Ngl, a lot of people will still watch and stream etc, the controversy will give a lot of publicity and would essentially still be profitable. Like SAO jk

But Id also like to think that jc wouldn’t be a dick to fans and that they’d perform a last minute miracle like what they did with OPM and the sudden improvement of animation at the last few episodes
Jan 12, 2020 7:14 PM
Jul 2019
DoomRanger said:
hot_tub_ said:

Isn’t that arc the last arc? I’d think they’d adapt it for closure. Ngl, a lot of people will still watch and stream etc, the controversy will give a lot of publicity and would essentially still be profitable. Like SAO jk

But Id also like to think that jc wouldn’t be a dick to fans and that they’d perform a last minute miracle like what they did with OPM and the sudden improvement of animation at the last few episodes

That's also a possibility, but I believe that last season had enough closure to be the ending for the series. I guess only time will tell the results my friend :)
Jan 12, 2020 7:18 PM

Jul 2017
Yea I like SnS despite its ups and downs, but the hype around how bad this last arc is has me worried lmao. I feel like J.C will go for adapting it properly, probably so that they can adapt the series in its entirety but who knows if they decide to go down an anime only route
Jan 13, 2020 1:27 AM

May 2017
Short_Circut said:
Yea I like SnS despite its ups and downs, but the hype around how bad this last arc is has me worried lmao. I feel like J.C will go for adapting it properly, probably so that they can adapt the series in its entirety but who knows if they decide to go down an anime only route

hot_tub_ said:

That's also a possibility, but I believe that last season had enough closure to be the ending for the series. I guess only time will tell the results my friend :)

Only time will tell I guess, well, looking forward to it
Jan 15, 2020 1:50 AM

Feb 2010
Oh no no, full adaptation won't do, expecially with the fast pacing JC Staff did... and the last arc's pace in manga is already fast enough it's ridiculous.

i really hope JC staff doing some modification, eventough it's highly unlikely....
but at least please make the romance succeed....!

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 20, 2020 2:29 AM

Aug 2017
Guy at the end of season 4 looks like an annoying twerp. But I will be happy to see more Erina, Alice and ecchi from the other hot babes in this show.
Jan 27, 2020 2:46 PM

Apr 2018
I just finished watching s4 and I'm actually pretty satisfied with it. I think it should've ended from there tbh... Manga readers are warning us (anime viewers) that the upcoming arcs are the "worst" and lots of plot holes. I'm honestly having a lot of mixed feelings after reading comments without trying to spoil myself too much. I'll most likely give this upcoming season a try though...
Feb 10, 2020 5:56 AM
Jan 2016
Put not watching it but I know I will....
The blue arc really is just garbage....
The problem is half of the team that did the writing for the show was gone, and what I mean by that the one who generally wrote these amazing delicious food and turned it into an epic saga of beautiful dishes, was gone. For the entire arc.
So when you leave the other part which was the characters and their craziness alone, like the guy who wrote the personalities for the character, but they don't have anything to do now without the sauce of the show. It's what you get.

While I truly hope that changes, since the writer is not gone from writing in the slightest. And could easily be hired to bring back in for this, and i haven't seen a released cast list for this season.

I hope it doesnt get butchered to the point of like the manga. Not a single actual food war.... Just chaos

But once again we will see, I just don't have my hopes held high, and am grateful there is a ton of other anime to watch spring 2020 if this show lets me down. Even though it's been a hell of a ride.
Feb 13, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2013
im happy for people who like the show but the last season felt so rushed i dont think they should bother making anymore unless its like the earlier shows
Feb 16, 2020 3:56 AM
Oct 2019
DoomRanger said:

TL;DR

y the next final season is going to be bad ?? unless f they made some huge changes or a whole new arc (original) which impossible

well here some MAJOR SPOILERS WITH DETAILS y the next final arc (BLUE) was bad :

ithyphallic60Apr 8, 2020 1:47 AM
Feb 16, 2020 4:09 AM
Oct 2019

Hitler React to Shokugeki no Soma Le Dessert ending

(8 YEARS LATER)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-2vvBsXx1A
ithyphallic60Apr 8, 2020 1:48 AM
Feb 27, 2020 8:24 AM
Oct 2017
Manga reader here, I have never seen such a blatant storytelling suicide anywhere else. It's that bad. And of course, I will be enjoying people's reaction to the train wreck. Super hyped.
Mar 2, 2020 5:27 PM

May 2009
Don't even have hopes, they stopped caring about quality after first season. It will be just stilts and panning shots like previous 4 seasons.
Mar 4, 2020 4:31 AM
Aug 2016
bastek66 said:
Don't even have hopes, they stopped caring about quality after first season. It will be just stilts and panning shots like previous 4 seasons.

I agree. They should have just finished it.
Mar 4, 2020 9:04 AM

May 2015
If you genuinely like the story so far and characters, you'll be disappointed too. The last arc is awfully disrespectful to them for the sake of basically nothing.
Mar 21, 2020 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
This is the extremely rare case where I see most fans literally begging for fillers and original content over adapting the manga
Mar 21, 2020 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
TrumpMD said:
Guy at the end of season 4 looks like an annoying twerp. But I will be happy to see more Erina, Alice and ecchi from the other hot babes in this show.
Oh boy do i got bad news for you.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 21, 2020 5:55 PM

Aug 2017
JizzyHitler said:
Oh boy do i got bad news for you.
Seems to be what everyone says. Well good anime can only be good for so long. I liked seasons 1 and 2 very much.
Mar 22, 2020 8:06 AM

Dec 2010
DoomRanger said:

TL;DR

Not gonna lie good sir, i stopped reading after this black hair man had a shoukugeki with souma right after "teaching him" ONCE i probably should go back and finish reading the series off
Apr 6, 2020 12:00 AM
Jun 2017
I will still watch Season 5, i'm looking forward to see how they deal with this arc but with the anime since I've read the manga and it was quite unpleasant.

The point was made but at least give the fans what they want, it's practically been saying that stuff from season 1 and he doesn't get it.

But the Le Dessert arc more or less gave me somewhat closure since it's inevitable but you would want more confirmation and to be to actually display their relationship in a more deep manner.

Nonetheless this season will be hard to swallow, doubt they will change anything probably just reorder the arc's around in accordance with anime eps and gg.

Yuuta Tsukuda man you messed up big time, i'm truly disappointed in ya, wish he could have just closed it out to give everyone a satisfying ending.

Still a beautiful anime in general but slowly got destroyed towards the end by it's own writer.

What makes it even worse is that they got the same stand in from San no Sara for Taneda Risa.

Without Taneda Risa it's just not the same ;(
Apr 6, 2020 10:26 PM
Nov 2019
Honestly the arc in the book wasn’t necessarily bad it just was unreasonable to some extent like with the skills of the chefs because it got to a point where the food has to keep getting better but it doesn’t seem possible. I’m still hyped having read the whole manga, and look forward to this 5th and final season. Honestly if you’ve watched the first 4 seasons you should at least what this since it will be the final season as the manga ended a couple months ago and there are only so many chapters left.
Apr 7, 2020 12:41 AM
Oct 2019
AwesomeIceCream6 said:
Honestly the arc in the book wasn’t necessarily bad it just was unreasonable to some extent like with the skills of the chefs because it got to a point where the food has to keep getting better but it doesn’t seem possible. I’m still hyped having read the whole manga, and look forward to this 5th and final season. Honestly if you’ve watched the first 4 seasons you should at least what this since it will be the final season as the manga ended a couple months ago and there are only so many chapters left.

the manga ended 8 months ago and it was bad it reached to the point were the manga got cancelled, thats y they rushed it , and many people dropped it especially in the BLUE arc (vol 33 ,34 ,35 )

the reason y the people dropped it:

ithyphallic60Apr 8, 2020 1:44 AM
Apr 7, 2020 11:35 PM

Jan 2014
I honestly agree with one of the first comments in this thread. If the season is really as bad as people say it is we will just treat this season the same way as fans treated “Scrubs- Season 9”

In this case SnS ended at season 4 and season 5 doesn’t exist XD
Apr 8, 2020 1:49 AM
Oct 2019
dk1200 said:
I honestly agree with one of the first comments in this thread. If the season is really as bad as people say it is we will just treat this season the same way as fans treated “Scrubs- Season 9”

y the next final season is going to be bad ?? unless f they made some huge changes or a whole new arc (original)

here some MAJOR SPOILERS WITH DETAILS y the next final arc (BLUE) was bad :

ithyphallic60Apr 8, 2020 6:23 AM
Apr 8, 2020 1:59 AM

Jan 2014
starchild91 said:
dk1200 said:

y the next final season is going to be bad ?? unless f they made some huge changes or a whole new arc (original)

here some MAJOR SPOILERS WITH DETAILS y the next final arc (BLUE) was bad :

Never said It isn’t going to be bad. Just saying that it doesn’t matter, they are adapting the season. Nothing is going to change that. Let people judge for themselves wether they feel it is bad or not.

If it is as bad as people say it is, people can choose to just not continue watching it or pretend the season didn’t happen at all.
Apr 8, 2020 2:21 AM
Oct 2019
cant wait to see this scene animated

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MonkeyDHunterApr 19, 2020 1:52 AM
Apr 18, 2020 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
This used to be an anime to look forward to, now I simply cannot enjoy it, it is average at best.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

168 by emptycamz »»
Nov 21, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.