Forum Settings
Forums

Would you say that you act more "masculine" or more "feminine" for your gender?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 22, 2019 1:04 PM

Jul 2019
41.63% male /58.37% female

Dominant guy with low sex drive. What a shamefur dispray!

I don't mind it. I have always been hyper-aware of mannerisms, social networking etc.
Dec 22, 2019 1:31 PM
Jul 2016
I'm just normal guy but sometime i love when i talk about cute things. Actually, i still act more masculine if i go outside for meeting with the other
Dec 22, 2019 2:23 PM

Mar 2016
I took the test:

I can definitly tell, that I act unusual.
Dec 22, 2019 3:49 PM

Nov 2016
I believe I'm more masculine tho I tend to like my melodrama and would cry like bh while watching some specific ones
Dec 22, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2019
i much prefer the term microwave.

you like jazz?
Dec 22, 2019 5:19 PM
Dec 2019
Uh, I'd say more feminine, for I like to cosplay as female characters.
Dec 22, 2019 9:19 PM
Apr 2019
im you're run-of-the-mill cis straight guy. boring
Dec 23, 2019 3:14 AM
Mar 2018
i took that test and it says im casually feminine. fuck me, never realized im the same dude that calls out soyboys while being a beta male myself

Dec 23, 2019 4:56 AM
May 2016
It seems that I am more feminine than the average male.

Also, here are my results from the test

fendas123Dec 23, 2019 5:02 AM
Dec 23, 2019 5:06 AM

Jul 2016
123fendas said:

https://i.imgur.com/hp5my5e.png

If I wanted everyone to take a test, I would have included it in my opening post.

It's damn annoying seeing everyone posting their results from a test that isn't fucking in my opening post.
Dec 23, 2019 5:13 AM
May 2016
IpreferEcchi said:
123fendas said:

https://i.imgur.com/hp5my5e.png

If I wanted everyone to take a test, I would have included it in my opening post.

It's damn annoying seeing everyone posting their results from a test that isn't fucking in my opening post.

hehehehe, too bad. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dec 23, 2019 9:38 AM

Sep 2016
Well, ...
but it reflects how i feel about gender xd i don't care :D

Dec 23, 2019 9:43 AM

Jun 2011
I'm a woman and I can be either masculine or feminine.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Dec 23, 2019 10:22 AM

Dec 2018

I stamp yall are hella gay, this is where the stereotypes about anime come from isnt it
Dec 23, 2019 10:27 AM

Sep 2016
PMD said:
i aint no fuckin homo this a gay thread for gayass niggas

(and im on here for some reason lul)

xd

go there -> https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1785859

PS: to care about behaviour patterns so much, categorize them and than go and feel insecure about some of them is what i would call "limited/restricted person living in fear like a kitty" :D
Dec 23, 2019 10:31 AM

Dec 2018
AnotherXTail said:
PMD said:
i aint no fuckin homo this a gay thread for gayass niggas

(and im on here for some reason lul)

xd

PS: to care about behaviour patterns so much, categorize them and than go and feel insecure about some of them is what i would call "limited/restricted person living in fear like a kitty" :D

pipe down pansy i dont really give a shit that you're a steamer, i was just taking the piss
Dec 23, 2019 11:03 AM

Sep 2016
PMD said:
AnotherXTail said:

xd

pipe down pansy i dont really give a shit that you're a steamer, i was just taking the piss

lol, "xd" means i think you are funny :D you learn so much today :*
Dec 23, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 2018
I’ve never seen myself as either, I’m just an idiot who doesn’t care about stereotypes
Dec 23, 2019 4:04 PM

Jun 2015
Not really into showing off anything, let alone my masculinity!

but you know whats not feminine? being into anime! thats why tomoko makes you cringe!

I am here on MAL, so........... I am like neither/
Dec 23, 2019 5:00 PM

Nov 2015
Hmm... I'm not really sure. The males in my life would say I'm feminine... but the females would say I'm more masculine...

Oh, I took the test because I was interested. Kind of a silly test, but society is often so.

It's... kind of surprising. I didn't expect either to be so low...
Dec 23, 2019 5:52 PM

Jun 2016
Masculine. Some things that could be considered feminine I do enjoy (some chick flicks and Kdramas). But otherwise I don't particularly like it when men act feminine.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Dec 23, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2017
HyperL said:
Oops...Forgot to tag you.
@YossaRedMage
There we go.

You can acknowledge that hormones make men more prone to assertiveness (and risk taking, which you mention, but idk about courage, that's different). But then you don't want society to recognize that fact?

Almost that. I do want people to acknowledge the unadulterated and verified data acquired through biology, but making no extrapolations about them.
I just believe there's a important difference to be made between the predisposition to act and the act itself, and those two must not be mingled or conflicted.

And it's not about stereotypes. It's about the norm as a whole.

The main problem with "gendering" behavior, is that such a process is the core component of "gender norms".

See, when you said:

As long as people who don't conform aren't judged or looked down, but... it feels like that is a long way off unfortunately.

Why is that?

It's because there is a "gender norm" to begin with, and the judgement and alienation will never stop while IT continues to exist, AND one of, if not THE thing that mantains IT in place is the idea that certain acts and behaviors are "indicative of a certain gender", x act is masculine, y act is feminine etc..

It is indeed a ways off, but the only way to crumble the tower is to slowly chip at its foundation.

Also, it may be because I'm a individualist at core, but I don't see "conforming for the sake of identifying and being accepted by a group" to be particularly healthy.

Yeah I totally agree about conforming. My point was only that some people want to do that, and they should be able to do so, regardless of what your or I think. And if we remove the idea of group identifiers then those people wouldn't be able to do that.

We agree on the problem, but whereas you think the judgment and alienation comes from the existance of group identifiers (norms, stereotype, etc.) so we need to get rid of them, I think that there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater if we just change certain mentalities. If people feel alienated because they're not included in a group, then they need to ask why they care about being part of a group? I think it's a mentality that people have where they see being part of a group as superior. And that can come from both the group when they enact the alienation, and the outsiders when they feel alienated.

It all comes down to value judgments.

I imagine a world where we recognize that there are on differences on average between the sexes so that some people are more typically masculine/feminine, but we don't apply value judgments to those traits, so that neither is seen as better. Just different. And we would celebrate those differences.

However, we would also celebrate the differences between people so there's no difference in inherent value applied to masculine / feminine men, and same for women. People would be allowed to have preferences of course. These are personality traits after all. So a man could say, "I prefer being around feminine women" or "I prefer dating feminine men" without it imparting any kind of absolute judgment outside of their own preferences.

I think that's a preferable world to one where we pretend there is no such thing as a typical male or typical female, because that is willful ignorance. It's for a good cause, sure, but if we could achieve that cause without the willful ignorance, I think that would be better.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Dec 23, 2019 7:12 PM

Aug 2009
Appearance wise I'm pretty masculine, beard, broad shoulders and chest.

Personality wise, I can be pretty feminine though, I'm pretty reserved and quiet, I like to help people. I have a more masculine side, but thats something I usually only share with my grill

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Dec 23, 2019 8:36 PM

Jan 2016
Masculine male. Which is nice because the soy boy competition in the dating place is ezpz.
Dec 23, 2019 10:25 PM

Sep 2014
feminine for the softness and cuteness but i can turn on the masculine switch if need be depending on if the situation calls for it.
Dec 24, 2019 12:27 PM

Jan 2009
IpreferEcchi said:
Seems like your thread got cuckolded hijacked and that even with a low-quality test like that. There's been a much better test mentioned here:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1620374

As for me: I don't like putting attributes of "masculine" or "feminine" to my actions and my behaviours and attitudes. I'm male and I don't need any test to confirm my sex or gender
Dec 27, 2019 9:08 PM

Aug 2018
Feminine because I actually care about my mental health
Dec 29, 2019 9:58 PM
Jan 2012
DemBananasFTW said:
Feminine because I actually care about my mental health

Being male is now literally disease now, guess I very ill if that's the case. I like suffering from this illness very much so I guess it make my masculine man. I like my anime romances though, probably because they would be considered sexist of course.
As an disgusting thing deemed by moderation team, I am now purged from this place.
Dec 29, 2019 10:02 PM
Dec 2019
I both look and act more feminine than the average guy I'd say.
Boyish I guess is the right term.
Dec 31, 2019 8:18 PM

Aug 2017
Definitely a masculine man.

I enjoy doing fitness and working out.

Gotta get the testosterone running.

Apr 12, 2021 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
Borderline feminine probably is how I'd describe myself.
If I could get away with it, I'd lean even harder in that direction.
Apr 12, 2021 6:58 PM

May 2014
People other than myself would probably say I'm more masculine because I'm "one of the guys" in my friend group and have raunchy humour. I dress pretty androgynously.

I'm a straight-forward woman who has no time for acting "ladylike" or performing for men. There ya go

EDIT: I scored 86% masculine/11% feminine on the test
TharjaApr 12, 2021 7:04 PM
Apr 12, 2021 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
I have a deep kyah! in martial arts, but other than that I'm kind of feminine. I like cutesy things, and relate to girls more than other males.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Tell me some chara who you want to confess your love to but ypu know you'll rejected by him/her?

Koimeguna - 15 minutes ago

0 by Koimeguna »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » is marriage compulsory?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts? ( 1 2 )

Freshell - May 5

54 by JaniSIr »»
28 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

750 by Crawlie »»
36 minutes ago

» Do you deem gratuitously killing insects immoral?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

26 by Dracowyn »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.