Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2019 3:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As mysterious as May is, she's still got amazing piloting skills imo.

Pretty lively episode though with the festival. It's cool our the main characters are acknowledged by the village for their help. Hard work and courage pays off.
Dec 5, 2019 3:41 AM
Sep 2015
I don't know why when May reveal she's artificial lifeform, she suddenly act like one. She has no problem blending with human's culture earlier.
Also, ANN review mention, and I agree, if you see female user in GBD you should suspect if she's real or not. She's either artificial lifeform or human male choosing female avatar. Gundam franchise is not appealing to girl's fanbase.
Dec 5, 2019 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if it remain two eps?
Dec 5, 2019 5:56 AM

Sep 2009
phantomfandom said:
I don't know why when May reveal she's artificial lifeform, she suddenly act like one. She has no problem blending with human's culture earlier.
Also, ANN review mention, and I agree, if you see female user in GBD you should suspect if she's real or not. She's either artificial lifeform or human male choosing female avatar. Gundam franchise is not appealing to girl's fanbase.

I think it was said before that you can't pick a avatar that is not the same gender, since when you dive you are given a avatar similar to your real self.
Dec 5, 2019 9:59 AM

Mar 2013
Overall a nice episode with some decent info on EL Divers but not much in anything else. What's still bugging me is how did hiroto's head injury transfer into the real world? Also we got to see sarah again and it looks like she's been reduced to greeting and explaining to EL Divers that their EL Divers.
Dec 5, 2019 11:14 AM
Feb 2009
poor Hinata even pointing out that Hiroto's injury being prominent in the real world too
Dec 5, 2019 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Mei is indeed an El-Diver, and she is, presumably, living with Sara and some other main characters from the previous anime. Her Gunpla's Doll Form, I think that's what she called it, was really cool. The girl who was so important to Hiroto, as expected, is also an El-Diver, and she is "gone." The festival was nice too, and Kazami even blushed with that simple contact. xD I don't blame him, I would blush too, but because of Jed. lol No, seriously. The way they thanked them, those gifts, and those promises were all pretty heartwarming. Here's hoping the promises weren't death flags since it was clearly pointed out that stuff won't "reset" in this "story mission", and this is still a Gundam anime.
Dec 6, 2019 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if there is Hiroto x hinata shipping
Dec 8, 2019 10:20 PM

Jun 2010
The weird thing is... the injury got transferred into real world and Hiroto's reaction was just like... "oh..."
Seriously though, If injuries like that get transfers over, doesn't mean they can die? Yet the reaction is just wrong. He didn't even think of it as anything.
Dec 9, 2019 7:36 AM

Feb 2011
pkmaster99 said:
The weird thing is... the injury got transferred into real world and Hiroto's reaction was just like... "oh..."
Seriously though, If injuries like that get transfers over, doesn't mean they can die? Yet the reaction is just wrong. He didn't even think of it as anything.

It could be a result of assimilation like Sekai and Build Burning, but that also caught my attention, though I doubt Gundam would sink to Isekai level but I'm wondering what exactly is the mission world to GBN
Dec 9, 2019 8:05 AM

Jun 2010
dim100 said:
It could be a result of assimilation like Sekai and Build Burning, but that also caught my attention, though I doubt Gundam would sink to Isekai level but I'm wondering what exactly is the mission world to GBN

I agree but there are no sign of assimilation or the like. It's just poorly executed from how I see it.

Also I probably don't mind an isekai gundam series. As long as it's being properly done.
Dec 9, 2019 6:49 PM

Feb 2011
The world building is being done badly but the character progression of everyone but Parum is done well. He could have had some forshadowing rather than out of the blue.
Dec 10, 2019 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Flaecy said:
poor Hinata even pointing out that Hiroto's injury being prominent in the real world too

Hiroto is always being cold with hinata I think hiroto x hinata is still one sided
Jan 5, 2020 6:04 PM

Feb 2012
Everyone in the show is being really slow with realizing the "story missions" they're doing aren't normal. Hiroto just not giving a fuck about the injury carrying over to the real world.
Jan 17, 2021 11:25 AM

Jun 2017
The lantern that didn't float connecting with Hiroto's difficulty with mourning an AI was a nice touch. His character feels like the writer's asking "What if Sarah had died? How would Riku have dealt with that trauma even years down the line?" It's a very poignant portrayal of having lost someone a long time ago for a kids show.

Edit: I just realized- if EL-Divers continue to be born even after the patch, that means that had they failed to save Sarah that time, the administration would of continually murdered every new AI as they crop up.
OldManHandsJan 17, 2021 11:29 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

14 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 22, 2023 11:25 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2019

13 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 22, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

17 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 22, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

15 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 22, 2023 8:48 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2019

21 by Sternengesang »»
Oct 31, 2021 12:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.