Forum Settings
Forums

Anime character you are attached to, and will probably never forget

New
Nov 10, 2019 11:17 AM
Oct 2019
I absolutely love Pino from Ergo Proxy! I often thought, "well, it's just an Autoreiv", BUT, as soon as she shows up and/or talk, that detail vanishes immediately and I'm all "aww" again lol. I really am attached to her, without any particular reason.

What's the anime character(s) you love the most and will probably never forget?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2019 11:24 AM

Aug 2018
For me it's Gintoki Sakata from Gintama. For me he's the greatest fictional character ever made and I love everything about him
derflorianNov 10, 2019 11:52 AM
Nov 10, 2019 11:25 AM
Sep 2019
Itachi. Naruto went to shit but.... itachi :(
Nov 10, 2019 11:28 AM

Oct 2019
The Oppai Emperor, Iseei from High School DxD
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Nov 10, 2019 11:30 AM

Nov 2017
derflorian said:
For me it's Gintoki Sakata from Gintama. For me he's the greatest fictonal character ever made and I love everything about him

I second this. One of the best shounen anime and mangas out there, and for the most parts thanks to Gintoki
Nov 10, 2019 11:33 AM

Mar 2011
The three main Marionettes from Saber Marionettes J and J to X (Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry). I watched it quite a while ago, and will never forget them. This Anime is a little underappreciated in my opinion.
Nov 10, 2019 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
Nozomi Toujo from Love Live!!
I have an Ita bag of her, multiple figurines, prints, and the works of her. She's so precious to me and makes me smile!!
Nov 10, 2019 11:52 AM

Oct 2019
Zabuza and Haku from Naruto, Naruto wasn't the first anime that I've watched but even then Dragon ball,One Piece and every other anime or cartoon that I watched as a kid didn't really had a "villain" that had emotion or other human qualities. after Zabuza said the line "Shinobi are humans too, No matter how far we ran from that simple fact we will always fail" I was really shocked and surprised. of course after watching dozens of anime those kind of lines comes as a cliche but this one moment hit me really hard.
Shoko664Nov 10, 2019 11:56 AM
Nov 10, 2019 1:41 PM

Jan 2017
Misaka Mikoto she is just so cute and funny.
Nov 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
Uzumaki Naruto. I really admire his personality. I was deeply moved by his devotion to his friends. Friendship is a touchy subject for me, so I always felt like I related to him a lot.
kuroshureNov 11, 2019 9:02 PM
Nov 10, 2019 3:42 PM
Sep 2018
how could anyone forget pino from quite an underated show,

but to answer the question i would have to say araragi from monogatari,

one of the best MC ever IMO
Nov 10, 2019 4:04 PM

Nov 2007
derflorian said:
For me it's Gintoki Sakata from Gintama. For me he's the greatest fictional character ever made and I love everything about him

Same. The f*cking laid back attitude trumps over anything other protags intend to achieve or have achieved in their respective stories.

Be it Kenshin's philanthropy and never to kill again, be it Eren's vow to eradicate the titans, be it Luffy's journey for the One Piece, be it Gon's pursuit of his father or be it Edward's unearthing the mysteries and the dark sides of alchemy. Nothing can even come close to Gintoki feeding a stray cat on a fine morning his strawberry milk he bought with monies saved by dodging the rent and the salaries of his two underlings. Simply priceless!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 10, 2019 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
derflorian said:

I came here to say Gintoki, glad someone already mentioned him. One of the best written anime characters imo
Nov 10, 2019 4:14 PM

Apr 2015
I fail to realize why you'd make a topic that could easily be answered by just looking at a person's profile, though I also enjoy a particular woman from Ergo Proxy.
Nov 10, 2019 4:26 PM

Feb 2019
Thorfinn from Vinland Saga. Well written character and went through alot of shit.
Nov 10, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2008
Kino (Kino no Tabi 2017)
Elias Ainsworth (Mahou Tsukai no Yome)
Hyoubu Kyousuke - young (Zettai Karen Children the unlimited hyoubu Kyousuke)
Remercier Iraha (Soredemo sekai wa utskushi)
Nov 10, 2019 4:54 PM

Mar 2019
Yamazaki from welcome to the NHK, I don't think another character arc has left me feeling so emotionally crushed

Also Guts from Berserk, because he's just amazing
Nov 10, 2019 4:59 PM

Mar 2016
I have several, one of them is Kyousuke Natsume, he's my favorite male anime character of all time, from his cool design to his kindred personality, and the other one is Kyouko Sakura, she's been my favorite Magical Girl ever since I could remember, not only that, she's also one of my favorite female anime characters of all time.

Both of these characters mean a lot to me, I don't think any character could replace them.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Nov 10, 2019 5:07 PM

Sep 2019
_underscore_830 said:
Yamazaki from welcome to the NHK, I don't think another character arc has left me feeling so emotionally crushed

I thought Yamazaki would come back somehow but that never happened :(

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Nov 10, 2019 5:10 PM

Mar 2019
White_Hollow said:
_underscore_830 said:

It's sad but I'm glad the show didn't bring him back, gave more weight to what happened
Nov 10, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2019
Gon, this kid is mad. It gives me chills to know that one little kid can be so messed up in the head that he literally killed himself.

Askeladd, he showed to everyone that nobody would ever be saved if you don't do anything. You don't need god, heroes or anything. You just need to save them with your own hands.

Satou, probably the most relatable hikikomori in anime. He's pathetic but he's just hilarious.

Spike, his dead is just sad. And everything really felt like a dream. T^T)

Nov 10, 2019 5:19 PM

Sep 2019
_underscore_830 said:
White_Hollow said:

It's sad but I'm glad the show didn't bring him back, gave more weight to what happened

Indeed. It makes the final episodes more impactful.

Nov 10, 2019 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
Characters I'm mostly likely to never forget about other than Goku, obviously

Meliodas - Seven Deadly Sins
Hei - Darker Than Black
Yato - Noragami
The great mad scientist Hououin Kyouma (Okabe) - Steins;Gate
Mugen - Samurai Champloo
Tanya Degurechaff - Youjo Senki
Saitama - One Punch Man
Alucard - Hellsing
Edward Elric & Roy Mustang - Fullmetal Alchemist
Osamu Dazai - Bungou Stray Dogs
Nov 10, 2019 5:21 PM
Jan 2019
Jintan from Anohana. In the short span of 11 episodes he grows so much as a character. You can see and feel his reluctance to let Menma go, and it is crushing to know that it is inevitable that he will have to part with her at the end. I feel that feeling of crushing inevitability driving his change as a character make him one of the most interesting and relatable characters in all of anime.

Also Mari from Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho. Her whole reason for going to Antarctica, being the feeling of her youth slowly slipping away, hit me hard. I almost cried multiple times during the anime, not because the story was emotional, but because I realized that I threw away a big part of my youth that I could never get back. Watching Mari and friends live the life I had always wanted to live but never had the chance to gave me a strange kind of hope that to this day I really don't understand.
Nov 10, 2019 5:41 PM
Jun 2019
Nico-chan *imagine a heart because i can't put onde here*
Nov 10, 2019 5:44 PM

Feb 2017
Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura. I was interested in the series since I saw the teasers in Cartoon Network around 1999, and I loved the series since the first episode I've seen. Also, she is the cutest female character in my personal list, and had a great development through the whole series.
And CCS made me to learn to draw, not a professional though (not even close... uwu) but still practicing to become a better manga artist...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Nov 10, 2019 5:47 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
shanimebib said:
derflorian said:

Same. The f*cking laid back attitude trumps over anything other protags intend to achieve or have achieved in their respective stories.

Be it Kenshin's philanthropy and never to kill again, be it Eren's vow to eradicate the titans, be it Luffy's journey for the One Piece, be it Gon's pursuit of his father or be it Edward's unearthing the mysteries and the dark sides of alchemy. Nothing can even come close to Gintoki feeding a stray cat on a fine morning his strawberry milk he bought with monies saved by dodging the rent and the salaries of his two underlings. Simply priceless!

but hijikata and katsura are way cooler :)
Nov 10, 2019 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
MeisterDM said:
shanimebib said:

but hijikata and katsura are way cooler :)

Was the question being who is cooler? Don't gonna argue on that but I have no doubt about that both are definitely a whole lot smexier than Gintoki. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 10, 2019 7:01 PM

Nov 2011
I learned about Alice when I read SAO novel in 2014. I loved her ever since.

Nov 10, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2017
I'd have to go with Dire from JoJo's bizarre adventure. Something about the way he looks at the world just clicked with me.
Nov 10, 2019 9:40 PM

Jun 2019
Accelerator. Simple, He's badass and crazy.
Nov 10, 2019 11:12 PM

Aug 2019
Ruby, Garnet, and Sapphie from Jewelpet. I would love to meet all three of them at Puroland.
Nov 10, 2019 11:16 PM

Jun 2016
100% Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach. Absolutely love her and her char. Which reminds me ever since the first 100episodes of bleach I've been kind of at a loss for anime and have never found anything else that compares. :/
Nov 10, 2019 11:16 PM
Jan 2019
Hikigaya hachiman from Oregairu for his maturity and narcissistic personality
Nov 10, 2019 11:43 PM

Oct 2018
The girl in my icon and signature of course, how could I forget about the cutest tsundere ever?
Nov 10, 2019 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
I love Vash the Stampede more than life itself.
Nov 10, 2019 11:56 PM

Feb 2019
Akari Akaza 'cause she's the sweetest character I've seen.

I'll ride that gintoki bandwagon as well.
Nov 11, 2019 12:09 AM
Aug 2017
Yuri Plisetsky (Yuri on Ice) and Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia).

They are my two wonderful boys and I would literally die for them.
Nov 11, 2019 12:15 AM

Mar 2013
I love all of my favorite characters and would never forget them, but that's especially true for Shinobu, Tamamo and Rin. Those three.. they are so perfect <3

Nov 11, 2019 12:32 AM

Jan 2015
Madara Uchiha, he is super badass and had an interesting motive behind his actions imo. It's been years since Naruto finished and I still feel the same way about him, so it will most likely stay like that. Plus I love his personality and his character design is cool.

✧ 미처 말하지 못했어 다만 너를 좋아했어
어린 날의 꿈처럼 마치 기적처럼
시간을 달려서 어른이 될 수만 있다면
거친 세상 속에서 손을 잡아줄게 ༉‧₊˚✧

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

Nov 11, 2019 12:38 AM

Feb 2019
The character that I am most attached to is Euphemia li Britannia from Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection. She's not technically a "waifu", but I guess the closest thing would be... admiration? In a world full of plots, violence, chaos, she was always so kind and caring. She never let how evil the world was get to her, she would always do what she could for other people's happiness.

She continues to inspire me to this very day. I wish somebody like her existed. Life would be much easier as I know I'd serve her.

Another character is Yuigahama Yui from OreGairu. It was love at first sight honestly lol OreGairu was the first anime series that I watched and everyone kept telling me about Yukino and how everyone liked her but I was always attracted to Yui (not that I dislike Yukino). She's definitely "waifu" material. I love her bubbly, bright, cheerful, kind personality. Maybe she's not the brightest, but that's not the problem. She's always trying her best.
Nov 11, 2019 12:47 AM
Oct 2019
Yasuchan said:
The girl in my icon and signature of course, how could I forget about the cutest tsundere ever?

Daamn you're right <3 <3 <3 I second you on this
Nov 11, 2019 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
Probably Mikako Kouda from Gokinjo Monogatari. She has been my favorite character for ten years now, soooo....
Nov 11, 2019 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
Echiiro Maruo, has to be the realest protagonist in sports Shonen due to his progression feeling atypical of your standard sport Shonen while giving just as much trait so you can get invested into his life, struggles and the world around him.

Right now, I'd probably add Legoshi from Beastars as well, is shaping as quite the character already.
Nov 11, 2019 4:05 PM

May 2018
derflorian said:

This is the correct answer, Gintoki is the best
Nov 11, 2019 5:44 PM

Jun 2008
Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho. I recently rewatched the show for the first time in 15 years or so and I still got excited whenever he was on the screen.
Nov 11, 2019 6:37 PM
Aug 2018
The King Of Knights, Arturia Pendragon, Saber!

Nov 11, 2019 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
Isn't this similar to a, "Favorite characters" thread? Well, never mind.
Guts, Kiritsugu Emiya, Joseph Joestar, and Satou Kazuma are characters I will never forget I mean I have a MAL account that lists my favorite characters. What do they all have in common?: They are assholes, in some way. Kiritsugu and Guts especially have a great amount of depth and development that makes up for their not-so-fun personalities. I'm reading Berserk right now, and when you know the context of the Eclipse, there is actually some really rich subtext behind Guts' behavior that adds more depth to him. For example:

I love how Kiritsugu is the embodiment of what can happen when you stick to an ideal for so many years, and how it can destroy you.
Joseph Joestar does change, but it's never shown. However, Joseph is just entertaining as hell to watch: his goofy attitude, cockiness, arrogance, brilliance. Even when he's old, he doesn't completely lose his sense of humor.
I love Kazuma for the same reason I love Joseph: because he's an asshole.

Docta_Max said:
The King Of Knights, Arturia Pendragon, Saber!

9/10 waifu material: the only thing I think that holds her back from being a masterpiece of a waifu, is how she's too serious, and not entertaining enough.
Nov 11, 2019 7:08 PM

Mar 2019
Deku. He appears in my mind whenever I'm in emotional trouble. Not only him, the entire Class 1-A.
Nov 11, 2019 7:23 PM

Jun 2013
Tomoyo Sakagami from Clannad.

Her after story VN is basically my Mom's life, very touching to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

984 by subahokke »»
38 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

55 by SuperAdventure »»
42 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

238 by ISeeLifePeople »»
44 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

130 by Punkero »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 hours ago

13 by LoveYourEyes »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.