Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2019 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At the end of the previous episode I was expecting Iczer 1 + Atros vs. Neos. But when Atros got killed, I knew it would be all three Iczers vs. Neos.

As for the whole OVA - it was enjoyable but I wouldn't call it a good anime. It would definitely work much better if it was a full-length series, at least 12 episodes long (probably more to have enough time for side characters and theirs development).

6/10 from me right now.
Jun 16, 2020 12:56 PM

Oct 2010
nice ending to the series, I didn't expect Atros to die. The final fight was ok, now I see from where gurren lagann got its inspiration. I liked the first Iczer anime more but overall I scored both of them 7/10
it was one hell of a ride
May 16, 2021 3:48 AM

Aug 2017
Actually anime like this probably benefits from being shorter, but it was fun nevertheless. I felt some Gundam vibes from the whole crew travelling on a ship around Earth.

Catalano said:
The final fight was ok, now I see from where gurren lagann got its inspiration.

What made you think of TTGL here? I can't recall anybody from the staff talking about being inspired by Iczer either (though it's by no means impossible)
May 16, 2021 3:54 AM

Oct 2010
St0rmblade said:
Actually anime like this probably benefits from being shorter, but it was fun nevertheless. I felt some Gundam vibes from the whole crew travelling on a ship around Earth.

Catalano said:
The final fight was ok, now I see from where gurren lagann got its inspiration.

What made you think of TTGL here? I can't recall anybody from the staff talking about being inspired by Iczer either (though it's by no means impossible)

You are right, no one from the staff talked about Iczer series but the fight had the same tone, it was a fight in space and so on. Maybe I used a wrong wording and should have said that gurren lagann fight resembled this one in a sense.
Dec 8, 2022 5:18 PM

Jan 2021
The second half of the series was way better than the first three episodes. Once Atros and Iczer-2 appeared it started getting really good. All three Iczers fighting the final boss together was pretty hype. Iczer-3 had a cute design with the battle outfit and hair but that voice... It didn't surprise me at all to come on here and read the actress was a wrestler and not a trained VA. She had no animes roles before this or since. Delivery of her lines was pretty flat and I think a perkier voice would've made the character more interesting but Iczer-3 was still pretty cool. Overall the whole show reminded me of Phantasy Star, with the pointy eared girls and general sci-fi theme. Kinda bored the first half but the second half saved it for me. I still liked the Iczer-1 anime more but both are pretty good.
Jul 25, 2023 7:40 PM

Nov 2012
cliche ending but at least it looked cool. Similar strengths to the first OVA, character designs and visuals. Has it flaws but overall enjoyable at least.

Onto Iczelion!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Oct 28, 2023 8:47 PM

Oct 2021
Great final battle, sad for Atros, though.

A very different tone, way more tame on the gore and the bewbs than the Iczer-1 OVA, but still enjoyable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bouken! Iczer 3 Episode 5 Discussion

mozgow - Nov 8, 2019

2 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 28, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Bouken! Iczer 3 Episode 4 Discussion

mozgow - Nov 8, 2019

4 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 17, 2023 7:49 PM

Poll: » Bouken! Iczer 3 Episode 3 Discussion

mozgow - Nov 4, 2019

2 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 13, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Bouken! Iczer 3 Episode 2 Discussion

mozgow - Nov 4, 2019

4 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 10, 2023 7:40 PM

Poll: » Bouken! Iczer 3 Episode 1 Discussion

mozgow - Nov 4, 2019

5 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 9, 2023 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.