Forum Settings
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 30, 2019 6:28 PM

Dec 2018
Rating not so good right now and with basically the same cast that did s1 and s2 except the studio change to jc staff, i wondering if people hated the movie because of the animation. I love the so said "bad" animation in konosuba cuz its funny, but shows usually dont get such low scoes when they first air.
Mister-ManAug 30, 2019 8:45 PM
Aug 30, 2019 8:47 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
JC staff has a reputation for awful animation.
Aug 30, 2019 9:00 PM

Nov 2016
Maybe the rating goes up after it releases internationally. Maybe the opposite happens. It goes to Shit even more. Its just a matter of time before we find out.

I thought it was almost as good as the TV anime from the pv. Much better than 90% of what J.C staff has been releasing lately, that's for sure.
GokaiKingAug 30, 2019 9:03 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 11:32 PM

Feb 2018
As far as I know, that movie was good but it has some changes and differences from the sourceaterial, therefore LN readers were probably disappointed and some jokes were cut out from the movie. We just have to see how rating will develop after the international and BD release.
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Sep 1, 2019 8:09 AM
Aug 2018
ACasualViewer said:

JC Staff has made some good stuff in the past. I think it's more well known for just unreliable animation quality rather than it all just being bad. Also the studio is just where the anime is made, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's made by the same people within the studio.
Sep 1, 2019 11:04 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
JustKinji said:
ACasualViewer said:

JC Staff has made some good stuff in the past. I think it's more well known for just unreliable animation quality rather than it all just being bad. Also the studio is just where the anime is made, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's made by the same people within the studio.

Current JC staff is well known for outsourcing their animation to third world countries.
Sep 1, 2019 10:43 PM

Jun 2014
Well apparently...
so the score is deserved.

of course I'm joking
Sep 5, 2019 10:32 PM
Apr 2018
Looks like JC staff back at it again, trying to ruin every beloved anime franchise.
Sep 6, 2019 12:59 PM

Dec 2018
NordicHorde said:
Looks like JC staff back at it again, trying to ruin every beloved anime franchise.

not necessarily i haven't seen the movie yet and im phrasing it as a question because i heard from the top review guy that he said the animation was inconsistent.
Feb 23, 2020 6:00 AM

May 2019
NordicHorde said:

the movie was good my dude
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 27, 2020 2:29 PM

May 2017
As far as personal preferences were concerned, I watched the movie about 14 hours ago and it was splendid

Edit: lucky enough to catch the final screening as it only stays in singapore for 2 days and tix were all sold out fast. They released an extra time slot today and my friends and I were lucky to get notified and watch tgt
Mar 25, 2020 7:43 AM

Dec 2009
I was actually scared they'd fuck up the animation compared to the anime, but it was spot on. I loved it.
Mar 25, 2020 7:46 AM

Dec 2009
I even got a bit teary eyed at the ending, what kind of friend would he be if he didn't buff Megumin's explosion even further? 120 points and looking forward to more Konosuba.
Mar 28, 2020 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
Tischa said:
As far as I know, that movie was good but it has some changes and differences from the sourceaterial, therefore LN readers were probably disappointed and some jokes were cut out from the movie. We just have to see how rating will develop after the international and BD release.

My source is the manga, so I cannot speak for the LN. All fighting after Sylvia got shot with the gun was not in the manga, the professor's "letter" was shortened, and they seriously butchered Kazuma's last speech about what he wants out of Megumin. I don't recall Wiz and Vanir needing to go seek out an artisan in the village either.

In the movie's defense, it covers two full volumes (8 and 9) and they were much more difficult to follow than the previous ones. Truth be told I wasn't much of a fan of these two volumes and the movie managed to hit all of the important points, so I can't say the movie didn't do what it needed to do. Yes, the animation quality was shit in a lot of places, but relative to season 2 it is a massive improvement.
Mar 28, 2020 5:49 PM
Jul 2019
I thought the animation was super solid, especially when I saw it on the big screen, still looks good when I watched it on my phone.
Mar 29, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2018
damn i look like a dumb shit, how i delete this post
Mar 29, 2020 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
boy this didn't age well
Apr 2, 2020 6:04 PM
Apr 2015
Shirasho said:
Tischa said:

My source is the manga, so I cannot speak for the LN. All fighting after Sylvia got shot with the gun was not in the manga, the professor's "letter" was shortened, and they seriously butchered Kazuma's last speech about what he wants out of Megumin. I don't recall Wiz and Vanir needing to go seek out an artisan in the village either.

In the movie's defense, it covers two full volumes (8 and 9) and they were much more difficult to follow than the previous ones. Truth be told I wasn't much of a fan of these two volumes and the movie managed to hit all of the important points, so I can't say the movie didn't do what it needed to do. Yes, the animation quality was shit in a lot of places, but relative to season 2 it is a massive improvement.

What was cut from Kazuma’s last speech?
Apr 2, 2020 6:24 PM

Dec 2018
katsu044 said:
boy this didn't age well
im glad it didnt
Apr 3, 2020 7:45 AM

Dec 2016
Next time don't comment on animation if you haven't watch it. IMHO I like this more that the tv anime one, less unnecessary derpy animation. Everything is better than tv so it's an improvement.
Apr 3, 2020 8:43 AM

Sep 2011
evertonharvey said:
Shirasho said:

Taken directly from the source:

Kazuma: "Man, that was something else. Specializing in power really does make a difference."

Megumin: "...You tricked me. Kazuma... Are you sure about this?"

Kazuma: "About what?"

Megumin: "You know. I'm still and will always be --"

Kazuma: "Aw, stop."

Thought bubble: "Do I want a truly great wizard? I can't imagine a greater wizard than our Megumin. If there's anyone out there with more firepower, I'd like to meet them."

Kazuma: "You've gotta be this way. You go trying some half-baked advanced magic, that's when I boot you out of the party."

Megumin: "I see. So, Kazuma... how many points for that one?"

Thought bubble: "What I really wanted -- even more than a great wizard -- was..."

---

It's not just that though. The scene before it leads to this beautiful moment, and it took a much more serious tone. Since that preceding scene fell a bit flat and was altered a bit, the follow-up just seems weak.
Apr 3, 2020 10:01 AM
Apr 2015
Shirasho said:
evertonharvey said:

Taken directly from the source:

Kazuma: "Man, that was something else. Specializing in power really does make a difference."

Megumin: "...You tricked me. Kazuma... Are you sure about this?"

Kazuma: "About what?"

Megumin: "You know. I'm still and will always be --"

Kazuma: "Aw, stop."

Thought bubble: "Do I want a truly great wizard? I can't imagine a greater wizard than our Megumin. If there's anyone out there with more firepower, I'd like to meet them."

Kazuma: "You've gotta be this way. You go trying some half-baked advanced magic, that's when I boot you out of the party."

Megumin: "I see. So, Kazuma... how many points for that one?"

Thought bubble: "What I really wanted -- even more than a great wizard -- was..."

---

It's not just that though. The scene before it leads to this beautiful moment, and it took a much more serious tone. Since that preceding scene fell a bit flat and was altered a bit, the follow-up just seems weak.

Yeah, I heard that there was a-lot of changes in the movie, most of the LN readers seem to be made that they left the tranquility girl out.
Apr 7, 2020 8:58 AM
Feb 2019
My goodness Those sakuga moments. I mean the animation in their other anime was "OK" i.e. One punch man but hot damn those sakuga at every magic they used and to be honest they handled this franchise better than the 2 season from studio deen
Apr 7, 2020 10:40 AM

Jun 2016
The movie looks great. JC staff is usually average but they took great advantage of the movie budget with this one. I don't think that deen could have turned out a product as good as this.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 12, 2020 5:00 AM

Feb 2015
I don't understand how people can complain about the animation here, every action any character did had so much movement and each expression from Aqua, Megumin, Kazuma and Darkness are as awesome as ever.

Aqua pulling Kazuma's pants up is hilarious.
Megumin best girl.

Jun 3, 2020 9:28 AM
Jan 2018
The original konsouba staff made the film that worked on the tv Series if I recall and ironically it is JCs staff best anime as of recent lol
Jun 20, 2020 8:03 PM

Mar 2016
J.C Staff barely made anything. All the staff from the preivous seasons moved to J.C Staff to make the movie and, even though it is a movie, it was by far the best Konosuba ever looked. That 3rd act was also amazing.
Aug 4, 2020 7:06 PM

Oct 2014
Just_A_ManBOi said:
damn i look like a dumb shit, how i delete this post

You reap wht you sow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 10, 2020 3:53 AM
Nov 2019
The animation was done by the same team as season 1 and 2 they were just in a different studio
Aug 10, 2020 9:49 PM

Dec 2018
damn, is there really no way to personally disable a thread
Aug 21, 2020 12:25 AM
May 2020
Jc staff is the best
Studio deen is sucks
Nov 1, 2020 8:24 AM

Oct 2010
the animation was actually good, put on some eye glasses next time
Nov 9, 2020 6:46 AM
Feb 2020
Animation was really good and the rating proves that this was the best konosuba has offered so far
May 2, 2021 4:53 AM

Aug 2018
Probably the kind of animation that suit Konosuba. Can't imagine if it's has Fate's animation.
May 2, 2021 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
It doesn't really affect my enjoyment, the animation is suited in my opinion for a comedic anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!: Kurenai Densetsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Lecarg - Sep 4, 2019

243 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 17, 5:16 PM

» Great Movie

Brittaman12 - Jan 30

14 by Bananko00 »»
Feb 5, 2:55 AM

» Season 3 + Spin-off Anime Announced!

_MushiRock11_ - May 28, 2022

12 by GreatAide »»
Sep 3, 2023 3:10 AM

» How more Seasons and Movies required to cover the LN Series?

Anime_Novice75 - Oct 30, 2021

8 by Krishvanza123456 »»
Aug 27, 2022 3:19 AM

» Possible season 3 release date

Its_Gyro_Yo - Dec 23, 2021

13 by thogro99 »»
Feb 21, 2022 2:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.